Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Curtis for manager........... 18:20 - Dec 12 with 6856 viewslegoman

.........why not?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 20:42 - Dec 12 with 1351 viewskarnataka

One thing we don't know and maybe never will, how much was Curt responsible for today's performance or was it just down to the players having a weight lifted off them? It was probably a bit of both but it may be that the latter was more of a factor.
Alan Curtis for manager........... on 21:16 - Dec 12 with 1300 viewsDewi1jack

Sounds like Curt gave them a speech similar to Kev's to us before Wemberlee.
I'd have followed Kev through the gates to Hades that day.
Every time I've spoken to Curt, he's always been humble, grateful for where he is and what he's got and very knowledgeable.
Real gent who's always done what the club has asked of him.
We aren't in any real rush ( eg, just a few days) to appoint the next manager.
The board know we're in safe hands for another game or 2.
Much longer and it doesn't give the new man much chance to assess the squad and maybe get 1 or 2 additions (loan or buy) in in the Jan window.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 21:25 - Dec 12 with 1273 viewsDDCH

Some people are too important to the club for a temporary position such as manager.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 07:03 - Dec 13 with 1168 viewsWanderer

Huw should have taken him to the palace and prodded them "what about a gong for this fella then"
Alan Curtis for manager........... on 08:07 - Dec 13 with 1140 viewsjackal

Would like to see him as number2 to the new manager.

He could really help the new man to settle.

Unless it's Poyet. Poyet's no 2 gets left behind.
Alan Curtis for manager........... on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 1107 viewsjackportis

I would give him until Christmas and see what happens. My only concern is would he attract quality players.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 12:09 - Dec 13 with 1039 viewsJackanapes

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 21:25 - Dec 12 by DDCH

Some people are too important to the club for a temporary position such as manager.

I suspect his influence over the years has been significant.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 12:10 - Dec 13 with 1035 viewsattila_the_hun

he's like a good looking Peter Reid

"I'm Free"

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 12:41 - Dec 13 with 1008 viewskarnataka

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 09:02 - Dec 13 by jackportis

I would give him until Christmas and see what happens. My only concern is would he attract quality players.

My concern would be are there likely to be any quality players out there to be attracted whoever our manager is on Jan 1st.
Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:29 - Dec 13 with 928 viewsvetchonian

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 20:42 - Dec 12 by karnataka

One thing we don't know and maybe never will, how much was Curt responsible for today's performance or was it just down to the players having a weight lifted off them? It was probably a bit of both but it may be that the latter was more of a factor.

Or was this. monks plan for the game given as he had taken training earlier in the week and Curt is quoted as suing he had spoken to Garry this morning

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:36 - Dec 13 with 901 viewsjack247

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:29 - Dec 13 by vetchonian

Or was this. monks plan for the game given as he had taken training earlier in the week and Curt is quoted as suing he had spoken to Garry this morning

Seriously?
Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:39 - Dec 13 with 898 viewsvetchonian

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:36 - Dec 13 by jack247

Seriously?

Well who really knows?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:41 - Dec 13 with 885 viewsjack247

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 18:39 - Dec 13 by vetchonian

Well who really knows?

Well no one knows for certain, but taking an educated guess based on the fact he hasn't set us up like that for about a year and a performance like that vs Leicester would have possibly saved his job, I'm going to guess it wasn't his call.
Alan Curtis for manager........... on 19:21 - Dec 13 with 845 viewsPrivate_Partz

Alan Curtis for manager........... on 21:25 - Dec 12 by DDCH

This is true. I don't buy the age and physical thing the some have suggested could be a hinderance however. He has just turned 60 and there far older and less fit managers in this league. He has tried acting manager before however and his success has not been great. Much better to have him there in the management team to provide continuity and experience. At his age he could easily be around to help at least 2 or 3 successive managers! :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024