Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 18:37 - Jan 11 with 6483 viewsperplex

Looks like he was a very good manager for us, he brought in some very good signings and we were doing ok even with the burden of the uefa cup to contend with, since he has gone just look at the rubbish that has been brought in, and that 8th place we managed just seemed to just paper over the mess Monk was slowly getting us into, and now we have to hope a guy who has not really managed before can get us out of trouble.
Laudrup on 20:32 - Jan 11 with 1435 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 20:31 - Jan 11 by Landore_Jack

Totally agree.

With whom??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 20:32 - Jan 11 with 1435 viewsWingstandwood

Laudrup on 19:24 - Jan 11 by Jackfath

Tracy Ullman is back in the Beeb tonight.

Not just a Welsh thing.

A bit off the subject sorry!................Her two backing singers when she was in the charts?......That blonde bloody gorgeous!

Argus!

Laudrup on 20:36 - Jan 11 with 1408 viewsLandore_Jack

Laudrup on 20:32 - Jan 11 by Brynmill_Jack

With whom??

Sorry, with your post.

#backtojack

Laudrup on 21:04 - Jan 11 with 1361 viewsDevz00

Laudrup on 18:39 - Jan 11 by macthejack

Aye he was good but let's not pretend that he didn't have to go after that West Ham game, just like we can't pretend Monk's first 12 or so months in charge weren't very good either.

Summed up nicely. End of thread.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Laudrup on 21:32 - Jan 11 with 1326 viewsAnotherJohn

Interesting that Curt's recent remarks about ML don't accord with the usual PS narrative. I'd have thought he was in a better position than most to make a balanced judgement,
Laudrup on 21:44 - Jan 11 with 1302 viewsjack247

He was brilliant for the first season. Then he turned into the managerial equivalent of Jonjo Shelvey.
Laudrup on 07:31 - Jan 12 with 1210 viewsDr_Winston

Nobody comes out of the situation looking particularly good.

The first seven months of Laudrup's reign were as good as it's ever been for SCFC, but, as with every club he's ever managed it went to shit in his second season. He's got a natural aloofness about him that's easy to mistake for arrogance and no doubt that got up Huw's not insignificant nose. Allied to Tutumlu's meddling, his total haplessness on the subject of strikers and the running into the ground of Michu a breakdown in the relationship was probably inevitable.

On the other hand, Huw's apparent desire to crowbar Monk in by hook or by crook along with someone's habit of signing players that our managers haven't even heard of let alone have any use for no doubt gave Laudrup good reason to get the hump too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 07:47 - Jan 12 with 1186 viewsLandore_Jack

Laudrup on 07:31 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

The first seven months of Laudrup's reign were as good as it's ever been for SCFC, but, as with every club he's ever managed it went to shit in his second season. He's got a natural aloofness about him that's easy to mistake for arrogance and no doubt that got up Huw's not insignificant nose. Allied to Tutumlu's meddling, his total haplessness on the subject of strikers and the running into the ground of Michu a breakdown in the relationship was probably inevitable.

On the other hand, Huw's apparent desire to crowbar Monk in by hook or by crook along with someone's habit of signing players that our managers haven't even heard of let alone have any use for no doubt gave Laudrup good reason to get the hump too.

HJ could have handled the sacking process better. That was a poor way to treat one of the legends of the game. One minute Huw is thanking Laudrup for trying to help the club, and the next he has sacked him for breach of contract. When Laudrup questions why he couldn't give an answer.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 07:54 - Jan 12 with 1174 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup on 07:31 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

I agree with most of that although threats no doubt there were warring factions in the club that appear to have been there before and after ML so I don't think his style of management was to blame there. The problem was that Huw chose not to back his manager but to back established players within the club who had form for doing such a thing in the past. To compound that he appointed who appeared to be the the ring leader of one faction which resulted in the exodus of almost all Laudrup's signings. Don't underestimate how much that lost us financially particularly when coupled with the cost of bringing in replacements. Had Laudrup stayed there would till have been an exodus but it would have been a different group of players. His ideas were to work within budget but buy players cheaply and sell on at a profit. Michu and Ash would have been sold and I would have been up in arms at that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing as well as I now think the with the side we had, plus £40m plus in the coffers, coupled with ML's pulling power, and we may very well have gone on to the next level. ML and his team were guilty of not clearly explaining his agents role as he was clearly in his employ and working on his instructions which upset Huw. Garry, whilst achieving unprecedented success in these circumstances, has played a big part in the disruption (on more than one occasions) and the liability for the situation we are now in.
I put in the usual overrider. Just my opinion as none of us know the truth but that is how it appears to me from the outside looking in.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 7:59]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup on 08:00 - Jan 12 with 1158 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 07:54 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

I agree with most of that although threats no doubt there were warring factions in the club that appear to have been there before and after ML so I don't think his style of management was to blame there. The problem was that Huw chose not to back his manager but to back established players within the club who had form for doing such a thing in the past. To compound that he appointed who appeared to be the the ring leader of one faction which resulted in the exodus of almost all Laudrup's signings. Don't underestimate how much that lost us financially particularly when coupled with the cost of bringing in replacements. Had Laudrup stayed there would till have been an exodus but it would have been a different group of players. His ideas were to work within budget but buy players cheaply and sell on at a profit. Michu and Ash would have been sold and I would have been up in arms at that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing as well as I now think the with the side we had, plus £40m plus in the coffers, coupled with ML's pulling power, and we may very well have gone on to the next level. ML and his team were guilty of not clearly explaining his agents role as he was clearly in his employ and working on his instructions which upset Huw. Garry, whilst achieving unprecedented success in these circumstances, has played a big part in the disruption (on more than one occasions) and the liability for the situation we are now in.
I put in the usual overrider. Just my opinion as none of us know the truth but that is how it appears to me from the outside looking in.

Wouldn't disagree with a lot of that either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 08:14 - Jan 12 with 1143 viewstylagarwjack

Laudrup on 07:54 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

Just wanted to make a few points on this.

Firstly, replacing Ash with like for like quality, had he been sold, would have been extremely difficult (and still would be now!), and him leaving would have made it much harder to push on to the next level. I for one am dreading the day where he's no longer at the heart of our defence (probably age/injuries rather than him leaving would be the cause of that).

Secondly, for all his qualities, Laudrup has form for staying at clubs a max of two years, and then getting bored, who is to say he would have stayed anyway, there has to be a big doubt about that, the agent (who I can't believe Laudrup had no control over what he said) was too big a fly in the ointment anyway.

As a further point, the board has shown them capable of being sentimental, and while Garry Monk played a big role in our ascent, he had come to the end as a player but the board showed loyalty to him rather than an outsider like Laudrup, who (and he never helped himself by refusing to commit long term whenever asked about his future) they thought wouldn't be around for long anyway, and they obviously saw managerial qualities in Monk and thought he was the better long term horse to back.

None of us are right or wrong on this, just trying to put forward a balanced argument.
Laudrup on 08:28 - Jan 12 with 1117 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup on 08:14 - Jan 12 by tylagarwjack

Just wanted to make a few points on this.

Firstly, replacing Ash with like for like quality, had he been sold, would have been extremely difficult (and still would be now!), and him leaving would have made it much harder to push on to the next level. I for one am dreading the day where he's no longer at the heart of our defence (probably age/injuries rather than him leaving would be the cause of that).

Secondly, for all his qualities, Laudrup has form for staying at clubs a max of two years, and then getting bored, who is to say he would have stayed anyway, there has to be a big doubt about that, the agent (who I can't believe Laudrup had no control over what he said) was too big a fly in the ointment anyway.

As a further point, the board has shown them capable of being sentimental, and while Garry Monk played a big role in our ascent, he had come to the end as a player but the board showed loyalty to him rather than an outsider like Laudrup, who (and he never helped himself by refusing to commit long term whenever asked about his future) they thought wouldn't be around for long anyway, and they obviously saw managerial qualities in Monk and thought he was the better long term horse to back.

None of us are right or wrong on this, just trying to put forward a balanced argument.

All fair points but Ash is not irreplaceable and could ML have found a suitable alternative had he sold him? I tend to think he could have got someone in who, whilst not as solid as Ash, would work well in the attacking style of play he was associated with.
I certainly agree about ML's long term commitment but the relationship had started to break down after he had signed his contract extension and it was therefore hardly surprising he was not keen on signing another.
Loyalty and sentiment are admirable qualities and I would say that these are the main reasons for the 'jobs for the boys' accusations that have gone on here. Unfortunately this might work well in a corner shop but it can be a disaster in a multi million pound business.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 8:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup on 08:46 - Jan 12 with 1087 viewsLoyal

Laudrup on 18:57 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Just when we need to move forward we move back.
Is this a Welsh thing

Negativity flows through the veins of many Welsh football fans.

You would think we never won the league cup, an incredible achievement, amd went on that European journey,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Laudrup on 09:06 - Jan 12 with 1065 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 20:36 - Jan 11 by Landore_Jack

Sorry, with your post.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 09:10 - Jan 12 with 1058 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup on 08:46 - Jan 12 by Loyal

Negativity flows through the veins of many Welsh football fans.

You would think we never won the league cup, an incredible achievement, amd went on that European journey,

I am sure the Captain of a sinking cruise liner would not have positive thoughts never mind how successful and profitable the previous trips had been ;-)
I think the negativity and concern will have to be put on the back burner after the transfer window closes however. Then we will have no option but to support the club in a positive manner as it is all we will have left. All the dices will have been thrown.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024