Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perfect timing? 01:27 - Jan 15 with 2598 viewsMorSwan

Rudi García, a decent manager with a good record, unlucky to be sacked from Roma - I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't interested but definitely worth a look?

Poll: What striker would you want?

Perfect timing? on 01:52 - Jan 15 with 2567 viewsTheKirkyLife

I doubt Huw would give his backing to Curt only to replace him weeks later. Don't get me wrong, not a bad shout but I think Alan is here to stay until Summer.
Perfect timing? on 01:56 - Jan 15 with 2560 viewsMorSwan

Perfect timing? on 01:52 - Jan 15 by TheKirkyLife

I doubt Huw would give his backing to Curt only to replace him weeks later. Don't get me wrong, not a bad shout but I think Alan is here to stay until Summer.

Yeah you're probably right. It's a shame he confirmed Curt as boss, it's only going to put pressure on him and rule this type of thing out

Perfect timing? (n/t) on 02:07 - Jan 15 with 2542 viewsMorSwan

[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 2:08]

Perfect timing? on 02:38 - Jan 15 with 2508 viewsDavillin

[I don't know enough about Rudi Garcia, so this comment is not about his manager-worthiness.]

The Board could get Curtis' agreement to bring Garcia on in some assistant or advisory capacity for the rest of the season. No?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 2:39]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Perfect timing? on 06:19 - Jan 15 with 2415 viewsPawelAbbott

From what he has said previously about not wanting to be a manager, I would think Curtis would be only too happy to step aside if the right manager became available.

Garcia has a 52% win ratio over the last 7 seasons. Managers that good don't come along very often. He also used to be Toshacks assistant so there are connections that the club could use to help influence him to coming.

If Jenkins isn't at least making contact to sound him out then he isn't doing his job!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 7:22]
Perfect timing? on 07:31 - Jan 15 with 2274 viewsQuakerJack

Perfect timing? on 06:19 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

From what he has said previously about not wanting to be a manager, I would think Curtis would be only too happy to step aside if the right manager became available.

Garcia has a 52% win ratio over the last 7 seasons. Managers that good don't come along very often. He also used to be Toshacks assistant so there are connections that the club could use to help influence him to coming.

If Jenkins isn't at least making contact to sound him out then he isn't doing his job!

This.

There you go Huw... You wanted the right man, here is an excellent candidate... No excuses, give him a call...

And this time, offer more than a fiver a week on a 6 hour contract!!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Perfect timing? on 07:49 - Jan 15 with 2221 viewsDewi1jack

Bringing him in as a assistant/ coach / DOF (shudder, hate that job title) with a view to a permanent job in the summer?
Take some of the pressure of Mr Curtis.
I worry this job and the thought of being hung out to dry/ being reviled by a section (the moronic bit of the newcomers) of Swansea fans could make him ill.
I believe IMHO, that 98% at least of us, will not blame Mr Curtis in any shape or form, for whatever happens.
He'd planned to retire in the summer anyway hadn't he?
If Curt does a cracking job AND wants to continue (no pressure from the board whatsofugginever,) then we've lost nothing.
If Curt wishes to retire on the high of keeping us up, then we have the man in place at on the last day of the season.
Win win situation for the club.
Only losers are the board may have to give up a bit of divi to cover the wages.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Perfect timing? on 09:02 - Jan 15 with 2104 viewsSwaneeRiver

I don't claim to know Curtis, although I have followed his career and idolised him (football-wise) since he first kicked a ball in anger for Swans.
That said, he should never have been so loyal as to say he'd manage the team as long as needs be, nor should he have agreed to take it on until the summer. He is far too nice a guy to be the manager of a PL club.
I also agree with others on here that if Huw told him "Listen Al, we got (insert name) lined up to move in immediately as manager", nobody would be more relieved than him.
If we do end up going down, even if part of the reason is some (IMO) basic errors (taking off Leon instead of Routs on Wednesday; leaving it too late before introducing Bafe; not bringing Montero on instead of Routs) , nobody will honestly blame Alan.
The blame will lie fairly and squarely with the men who have over the last 12 years or so worked tirelessly to get us where we are now, and yet for reasons known only to themselves have suddenly lost all sense of rhyme and reason when it comes to the well being of the management and the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Perfect timing? on 09:04 - Jan 15 with 2092 viewsPrivate_Partz

I honestly don't see why not. Huw could say that, on reflection, it is unfair to Alan to let him carry on and getting in quality assistants for him is difficult. As a good manger that fits the bill is available he will appoint him with Alan as assistant for continuity.
Huw would actually go up in my estimation of him rather the the lost dithering fool he seems at the moment.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Perfect timing? on 09:05 - Jan 15 with 2085 viewslovejuicejack

Perfect timing? on 09:04 - Jan 15 by Private_Partz

I honestly don't see why not. Huw could say that, on reflection, it is unfair to Alan to let him carry on and getting in quality assistants for him is difficult. As a good manger that fits the bill is available he will appoint him with Alan as assistant for continuity.
Huw would actually go up in my estimation of him rather the the lost dithering fool he seems at the moment.

In a nut shell
Perfect timing? on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 2029 viewsPawelAbbott

Totally agree
Perfect timing? on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 2026 viewsSwaneeRiver

Kinda what I was trying to say !
Perfect timing? on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 1997 viewsblaine_scfc

If Doumbia was over here and this happened he will be on the first plane back to Russia, didn't like Garcia at all.
Perfect timing? on 09:36 - Jan 15 with 1971 viewsJACKARSE

This .... far to sensible .... spot on
Perfect timing? on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 1869 viewsAussieSwan

would love it to happen, but highly doubt it will.

There's also the likes of Bielsa, Sampaoli, Di Matteo, Moyes, Rodgers (and now Benitez) all in the frame, who'd be of similar pedigree, but none of whom have been offered or willing to take the job. Don't think Garcia was the one Jenkins was pinning his hopes on (if he was pinning his hopes on anyone)

Can't understand why we didn't move heaven and earth for Frank De Boer, especially after his comments a couple of weeks ago
[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 10:26]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Perfect timing? on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 1774 viewscostalotta

Perfect timing? on 06:19 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

Does he have the courage to approach him?

Having said that he does have previous for that too. Remember he wanted Flynn but got cusack. Cusack flopped and he had to go back to Flynn to get us out of the mess that cusack put us in. Not cusack a fault mind as I think that was Jenkins appointing the wrong man, for the wrong reason. So who knows... Is he man enough these days to admit a mistake?
Perfect timing? on 11:38 - Jan 15 with 1741 viewsJACKARSE

Perfect timing? on 11:28 - Jan 15 by costalotta

Does he have the courage to approach him?

Having said that he does have previous for that too. Remember he wanted Flynn but got cusack. Cusack flopped and he had to go back to Flynn to get us out of the mess that cusack put us in. Not cusack a fault mind as I think that was Jenkins appointing the wrong man, for the wrong reason. So who knows... Is he man enough these days to admit a mistake?

The 'gong' has gone to his head mun .....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024