Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? 15:05 - Jan 25 with 6433 viewsLoyal

They don't like wristbands either.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:03 - Jan 26 with 1655 viewsBlasterJack

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 10:49 - Jan 26 by imgunnamichu

What a depressing thread.

Do you people realise refugee's don't get any money and aren't allowed to work? They get put in temporary accomodation and without food handouts they would starve?

Does anyone remeber history? Nazi's made Jews wear stars so they could be easily identifiable. What did that lead to? They also set a campaign of hatred and lies about immigrants/jews etc which lead to Kristallnacht and the start of the final solution. So is it a bunch of do gooders protesting or is it people who are protecting the vulnerable when they can't help themselves? Personally a bit of compassion or morality would go a long way.

N.B. incase you skipped history Kristallnacht was a night where german civilians/paramilitaries turned on their jewish neighbours by smashing up their businesses and homes after the campain of lies and hatred by the nazi party.

Because it's exactly like Nazi Germany isn't it?
FFS get a grip you soppy tw@t.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:09 - Jan 26 with 1651 viewsimgunnamichu

No obiviously we aren't in Nazi Germany however the hatred and lies spread by the media is remarkably similiar. It obviously works cause you get people saying that the refugees (not immigrants) should walk around with a ball and chain. I guess you missed the point.

But alas we could just resort to name calling if you don't to contribute to a discussion.
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:11 - Jan 26 with 1647 viewsLoyal

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:03 - Jan 26 by BlasterJack

Your sentiment is right. IMO
Cardiff isn't like Nazi Germany, well at least from what I know it isn't.

To compare the wearing of identification with Belsen is a tad weird. And if it is like that why the fck are we bringing them here if that's the case ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:19 - Jan 26 with 1642 viewsDarran

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:11 - Jan 26 by Loyal

Your sentiment is right. IMO
Cardiff isn't like Nazi Germany, well at least from what I know it isn't.

To compare the wearing of identification with Belsen is a tad weird. And if it is like that why the fck are we bringing them here if that's the case ?

Well as I've already alluded to on the Welsh news last night it was compared to branding farm animals. WTF?

Did anyone actually know about this until the media decided to tell the whole of Britain?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:27 - Jan 26 with 1632 viewsBlasterJack

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:09 - Jan 26 by imgunnamichu

No obiviously we aren't in Nazi Germany however the hatred and lies spread by the media is remarkably similiar. It obviously works cause you get people saying that the refugees (not immigrants) should walk around with a ball and chain. I guess you missed the point.

But alas we could just resort to name calling if you don't to contribute to a discussion.

Did you make a point? All I saw was a ridiculous analogy.
It's akin to wearing a wristband at an all inclusive holiday resort.

It's inconspicuous, easy to hide/cover and in no way "dehumanises" anyone as some hysterical woman was quoted as saying on the national news last night.

They aren't being spray painted bright orange and being asked to wear a hat with a flashing light on it.

These people are being housed and given three meals a day by the state.

I wonder if the large population of homeless in the UK would kick up such a fuss if given the opportunity to participate in such a scheme?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:36 - Jan 26 with 1623 viewsLoyal

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:19 - Jan 26 by Darran

Well as I've already alluded to on the Welsh news last night it was compared to branding farm animals. WTF?

Did anyone actually know about this until the media decided to tell the whole of Britain?

I didn't see you on the news last night ?

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:38 - Jan 26 with 1622 viewsimgunnamichu

it's not an all inclusive holiday- I'm pretty sure that if their countries weren't war torn then they wouldn't want to be here (especially somewhere like Cardiff). Holiday goers don't get the abuse and hatred direct on them like refugess do. Therefore highlighting they are refugees to me seems like a stupid idea. Maybe you know enough to realise refugees aren't work shy oppertunists that sexually assault people and generally terrorise neighbourhoods however some of the vitiriol the media aim at them will certainly cause feelings of hatred towards them. Just like Katie Hopkins described them as cockroaches and then main straim tabloids publishing it (which was also used in Rwanda during the genoicide to describe refugees).

I'm not suggesting our government is like Nazi germany. I am pointing out media does a great job of turning people against people.
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:50 - Jan 26 with 1614 viewsBlasterJack

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:38 - Jan 26 by imgunnamichu

it's not an all inclusive holiday- I'm pretty sure that if their countries weren't war torn then they wouldn't want to be here (especially somewhere like Cardiff). Holiday goers don't get the abuse and hatred direct on them like refugess do. Therefore highlighting they are refugees to me seems like a stupid idea. Maybe you know enough to realise refugees aren't work shy oppertunists that sexually assault people and generally terrorise neighbourhoods however some of the vitiriol the media aim at them will certainly cause feelings of hatred towards them. Just like Katie Hopkins described them as cockroaches and then main straim tabloids publishing it (which was also used in Rwanda during the genoicide to describe refugees).

I'm not suggesting our government is like Nazi germany. I am pointing out media does a great job of turning people against people.

If you are going to start quoting Katie Hopkins we may as well all log off and go for a walk.

I will say it again.
It's a small, inconspicuous band that can be easily covered or hidden when not doing the job it's designed for I.e. quickly identifying a user for whom a service is to be provided.

I would imagine that there are thousands of people who would welcome the opportunity to be housed, clothed and fed without pleading injustice over such and a paltry and trivial matter.

Login to get fewer ads

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 12:16 - Jan 26 with 1584 viewsAnotherJohn

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:09 - Jan 26 by imgunnamichu

My perception is completely different, which is to say that I believe the BBC, Guardian and Indy have presented a highly partial version of events, whether it concerns the gender balance of migrant inflows, the Alan Kurdi case, the nationality of two of the Stade de France bombers or the number of police complaints received in Cologne. As for 'name calling' it is instructive to read the comments columns in the Guardian (when not censored) and Indy, where the rational arguments are pretty much all one way and not quite in line with the preferred narrative. From being a BBC-phile and an avid Guardian reader I have completely changed my views. A lot of people are saying that you need to use alternative web sources to get the real news now.
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 12:19 - Jan 26 with 1577 viewsLohengrin

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 11:03 - Jan 26 by BlasterJack

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:03 - Jan 26 with 1538 viewsLohengrin

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 17:50 - Jan 25 by johnlangy

As asylum seekers they are not allowed to work or claim benefits.

None of them are genuine Asylum Seekers, John. How can they be?

They were safe in Turkey... but they moved,

They were safe in Greece... but they moved,

They were safe in Serbia... but they moved,

They were safe in Hungary... but they moved,

They were safe in Austria... but they moved,

They were safe in Germany... but they moved,

They were safe in France... but they moved.

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:18 - Jan 26 with 1511 viewsLord_Bony

Compared to a lot of countries in Europe we are getting off lightly with the amount of asylum seekers we are taking in. Cameron has told us they are mainly from refugee camps in war torn Syria and Lebanon.

Pretty soon our overlords in Brussels will FORCE the UK govt to accept a new quota of 90,000 refugees a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3409334/Calais-migrants-win-human-right-

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:20 - Jan 26 with 1501 viewsSwanjaxs

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:03 - Jan 26 by Lohengrin

But will they be safe in Portmead......

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:22 - Jan 26 with 1495 viewsLeonisGod

Because some people are altruistic and caring?
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:22 - Jan 26 with 1495 viewsdickythorpe

I heard one Immigrant complain about the free food!!! "Its only Pasta and sauce", he said on Radio Wales.
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:38 - Jan 26 with 1500 viewsLohengrin

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:22 - Jan 26 by LeonisGod

Because some people are altruistic and caring?

If that's the answer what was the question again?

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:41 - Jan 26 with 1488 viewsAnotherJohn

Further to my point about the progressive press being every bit as untruthful as rags like the Sun, I will share today's example from the Indy. First read the article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/rescuers-watch-31-refugees-drown-

Now compare the article with what the source, Simon Lewis, said on the World Service this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03fx17b

Listen from around 32.07 and you will realise that somebody is telling fibs.

I want to be progressive but I cannot abide dishonesty like this and it happens almost daily.
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 1463 viewsLeonisGod

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 08:13 - Jan 26 by AnotherJohn

Please explain that in more detail. The following suggests that we need to think carefully about how we give help because we cannot help everybody.

http://www.garretthardinsociety.org/articles/art_lifeboat_ethics_case_against_he

That simplistic 'carrying capicity' arguement is not correct though. We have plenty of capacity to feed people, it's how we do it that's the problem, and there has since been an energy revolution in the States that lays to rest his other concern over energy. It's a thinly veiled 'I'm alright Jack' arguement.
Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 15:04 - Jan 26 with 1426 viewsAnotherJohn

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:56 - Jan 26 by LeonisGod

That simplistic 'carrying capicity' arguement is not correct though. We have plenty of capacity to feed people, it's how we do it that's the problem, and there has since been an energy revolution in the States that lays to rest his other concern over energy. It's a thinly veiled 'I'm alright Jack' arguement.

That is demonstrably untrue. According to the UN there about about 1.5 billion people in conflict-affected zones worldwide, many of whom no doubt would find Europe attractive. Then there are those affected by poverty, explosive population growth and climate change. Did you ever see the Gumball presentation?

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 15:23 - Jan 26 with 1406 viewsLohengrin

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 15:04 - Jan 26 by AnotherJohn

That is demonstrably untrue. According to the UN there about about 1.5 billion people in conflict-affected zones worldwide, many of whom no doubt would find Europe attractive. Then there are those affected by poverty, explosive population growth and climate change. Did you ever see the Gumball presentation?

The left's Pavlovian response would be to describe that as "racist" and thereby look to close down all discussion regarding the irrefutable facts.

"Have you ever wondered, perhaps, why opinions which the majority of people quite naturally hold are, if anyone dares express them publicly, denounced as 'controversial, 'extremist', 'explosive', 'disgraceful', and overwhelmed with a violence and venom quite unknown to debate on mere political issues? It is because the whole power of the aggressor depends upon preventing people from seeing what is happening and from saying what they see. "
J E Powell.

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 15:31 - Jan 26 with 1399 viewsDarran

They're lucky they haven't got to hand over their jewellery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35406436

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 17:18 - Jan 26 with 1343 viewsLord_Bony

Quoting uber racist Enoch Powell from 50 years ago hardly adds to our "wrist band" discussion.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 17:55 - Jan 26 with 1310 viewsHighjack

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 13:03 - Jan 26 by Lohengrin

They must love the British weather.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 18:17 - Jan 26 with 1292 viewsFlashberryjack

Maybe they all would have settled in those countries rather than travel to Britain, had they known they would have to live in houses with red doors and forced to wear wrist bands.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 22:48 - Jan 26 with 1217 viewscontroversial_jack

Why are we giving away free food to non uk residents in Cardiff ? on 10:49 - Jan 26 by imgunnamichu

What a depressing thread.

Do you people realise refugee's don't get any money and aren't allowed to work? They get put in temporary accomodation and without food handouts they would starve?

Does anyone remeber history? Nazi's made Jews wear stars so they could be easily identifiable. What did that lead to? They also set a campaign of hatred and lies about immigrants/jews etc which lead to Kristallnacht and the start of the final solution. So is it a bunch of do gooders protesting or is it people who are protecting the vulnerable when they can't help themselves? Personally a bit of compassion or morality would go a long way.

N.B. incase you skipped history Kristallnacht was a night where german civilians/paramilitaries turned on their jewish neighbours by smashing up their businesses and homes after the campain of lies and hatred by the nazi party.

Good post! Hoe quickly some people forget.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024