Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss 10:31 - Mar 6 with 12933 viewscrackerjack

Absolutely brilliant!!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:07 - Mar 6 with 2347 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:00 - Mar 6 by shandyjack

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6927673/The-stadium-and-fanb

A professionals take on it

IMO he's mixing up big with successful.
You can be successful and still be a small club, if you have a billionaire owner for an example.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:11 - Mar 6 with 2334 viewsexiledclaseboy

The problem with the whole "big club" debate is that there's no right or wrong answer. I agree with dgt though, Newcastle is a big club. But their fans have delusions of grandeur for supporters of a team which hasn't won anything for aeons. See also -Aston Villa fans.

Poll: Tory leader

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 2319 viewsdgt73

Over 50,000 at St James park the vast majority of them from Newcastle or the surrounding areas, give me that than the day trippers and tourists at Man U and some of the London clubs any day of the week.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 2311 viewsHighjack

We've won more trophies than Newcastle and Sunderland combined in the last 40 odd years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:22 - Mar 6 with 2300 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:20 - Mar 6 by Highjack

We've won more trophies than Newcastle and Sunderland combined in the last 40 odd years.

Must be bigger club than them :-)

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:22 - Mar 6 with 2301 viewsGroo

One thing for sure, if Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle are all relegated, that's a big hit for the teams in the Championship for promotion places next year.

Groo does what Groo does best

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 2292 viewsshandyjack

5 clubs in the championship avg more than us
http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

Are we saying that attendances make the size of the club, cause I'd wager we are bigger club than Derby, Brighton and Wolves

Poll: Expectation for the season

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:29 - Mar 6 with 2282 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:22 - Mar 6 by Groo

One thing for sure, if Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle are all relegated, that's a big hit for the teams in the Championship for promotion places next year.

Good shout and I'd imagine if that does happen all 3 will be hell bent at getting back up. Certainly be bad news for the other championship clubs.

Login to get fewer ads

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 2278 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:26 - Mar 6 by shandyjack

5 clubs in the championship avg more than us
http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

Are we saying that attendances make the size of the club, cause I'd wager we are bigger club than Derby, Brighton and Wolves

in my opinion Derby & wolves are bigger clubs than us.That doesn't mean better clubs.
Derby are getting 30,000 in the championship- something I'd doubt we'd get.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 19:33]

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 21:33 - Mar 6 with 2219 viewsDewi1jack

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:22 - Mar 6 by Groo

Didn't Newcastle get promoted with record points the last time?
See if they can do that next season again.
Think Sunderland went up with a high number as well.
Ashley will throw money at the problem to get his free advertising back, Sunderland won't shirk a few pennies either and possibly keep Fat Sam for the battle.
Still think Fat Sam will get enough out of the Paedo loving club to keep them up.
If Narwwwch go down, then I can see them becoming the new 'West Brom yo yo' for a couple of seasons. Same goes for any other club in the mixer, us included.

Villa on the other hand, strike me as having the possibility of going straight through much like Wolves or even Pompey (without Villa going titsup.)
So that leaves potentially 1 place

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 22:03 - Mar 6 with 2188 viewsGlyn1

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:29 - Mar 6 by MrSwerve

I believe the last time Newcastle won something was 1969.

Leeds have got a far better argument for being a 'big club' but many on here rubbish that.

Yes they get 50k people turn up, they're clearly not a small club. But many of their fans think they deserve to be near the top. They are more like a Villa than a Liverpool, Man Utd etc to me.

I'm surprised that no one has come in to sort their s**t out though, they could potentially be a big team.

" But many of their fans think they deserve to be near the top."

You keep on keep on saying this, but I've never heard a Newcastle fan ever saying that. Have you got a link to anywhere on their fan forums saying that, because I can find plenty saying the opposite.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 22:05 - Mar 6 with 2188 viewssnork44

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:11 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

The problem with the whole "big club" debate is that there's no right or wrong answer. I agree with dgt though, Newcastle is a big club. But their fans have delusions of grandeur for supporters of a team which hasn't won anything for aeons. See also -Aston Villa fans.

Exactly Claisy,Newcastle are a huge club. But their fans are the biggest bunch of deluded motherfvckers I have ever seen. They have this belief that they are entitled to win something just because they have a huge fan base, I will never forgive their moronic fans for calling us a nothing club after we beat them down here with a Luke Moore goal. Since then I wished that the club get relegated. It looks like it will happen this season, if their fans had a little bit of humility and didn't have this sense of entitlement then I wouldn't feel this way about the barcodes!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 22:32 - Mar 6 with 2164 viewsPrivate_Partz

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:00 - Mar 6 by shandyjack

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6927673/The-stadium-and-fanb

A professionals take on it

I think it is about managing expectations. Ours with a 21k crowd is going to be lower than Newcastle with their 50k plus. When you have that level of support it is not unreasonable to expect a modicum of success. True Geordie sums it up. They are a big club run by clowns. It would be difficult for any side to break into the top 4 but the odd cup win and some European success should not be an unreasonable expectation for them. Unless of course they had a Man City scenario then the world would be their lobster.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 22:45 - Mar 6 with 2142 viewssnork44

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 22:32 - Mar 6 by Private_Partz

I think it is about managing expectations. Ours with a 21k crowd is going to be lower than Newcastle with their 50k plus. When you have that level of support it is not unreasonable to expect a modicum of success. True Geordie sums it up. They are a big club run by clowns. It would be difficult for any side to break into the top 4 but the odd cup win and some European success should not be an unreasonable expectation for them. Unless of course they had a Man City scenario then the world would be their lobster.

It looks like McClaren will be sacked tomorrow. The four they are rumored to be looking at are Benitez,Rodgers,Moyes and Pearson. Forget the first two and stick your money on either Moyes or Pearson. For a short term fix Pearson would be my pick as he steered Leicester out of the mire last season. But knowing Cashley he'll probably go for Felix Magath or even Garry Monk!
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 22:46]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 01:25 - Mar 7 with 2082 viewsWanderer

whilst on a pointy pointy note, their centre half with all that hair Collocini, is he a footballer or that comedian fella Ross Noble, because it is hard to tell the difference wether in a lookalike way or comedy (defending) way
NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 10:40 - Mar 7 with 2006 viewsperchrockjack

Surely we are talking fan base figures as regards big club.

THE FACT Newcastle fill the stadium no matter what says much. Its also true that Northumberland is Toon and the whole of Durham county Sunderland . Both dwarf us in fan base. Always have and nowt to do with trophies.

If Newcastle had had the success that Liverpool had in the 60s 70s 80s they would have built an 80000 arena and filled it. As regards local support ,far bigger than Man Utd, Chelsea, Citeh.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 12:41 - Mar 7 with 1965 viewsPrivate_Partz

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 10:40 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

Surely we are talking fan base figures as regards big club.

THE FACT Newcastle fill the stadium no matter what says much. Its also true that Northumberland is Toon and the whole of Durham county Sunderland . Both dwarf us in fan base. Always have and nowt to do with trophies.

If Newcastle had had the success that Liverpool had in the 60s 70s 80s they would have built an 80000 arena and filled it. As regards local support ,far bigger than Man Utd, Chelsea, Citeh.

Good post. I think most are arguing here actually agree but are using different criteria to determine a 'big' club. Are we talking about average crowds, success or even potential? If it was the third category we would not be doing badly. I think we are still the 11th largest city in the uk and, with no other top flight clubs around us, have great potential.
My preference of measurement is crowd size and the league a club is in, regardless of success or potential.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 21:39 - Mar 7 with 1896 viewsFieryJack

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 12:41 - Mar 7 by Private_Partz

Good post. I think most are arguing here actually agree but are using different criteria to determine a 'big' club. Are we talking about average crowds, success or even potential? If it was the third category we would not be doing badly. I think we are still the 11th largest city in the uk and, with no other top flight clubs around us, have great potential.
My preference of measurement is crowd size and the league a club is in, regardless of success or potential.

No way is Swansea the 11th largest city in the UK.

There are different criteria for measuring populations, but Swansea's way down in about 25th place. Cardiff's around 10th or 12th.

One thing is certain though: Swansea is, officially and without doubt, the wettest city by far in the UK, with Cardiff a long way back in second place!
NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 21:55 - Mar 7 with 1870 viewsGroo

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 21:33 - Mar 6 by Dewi1jack

Didn't Newcastle get promoted with record points the last time?
See if they can do that next season again.
Think Sunderland went up with a high number as well.
Ashley will throw money at the problem to get his free advertising back, Sunderland won't shirk a few pennies either and possibly keep Fat Sam for the battle.
Still think Fat Sam will get enough out of the Paedo loving club to keep them up.
If Narwwwch go down, then I can see them becoming the new 'West Brom yo yo' for a couple of seasons. Same goes for any other club in the mixer, us included.

Villa on the other hand, strike me as having the possibility of going straight through much like Wolves or even Pompey (without Villa going titsup.)
So that leaves potentially 1 place

I think they kept their team together last time they went down and had some very good players that could have moved to other teams.

I don't think any of the bottom 4 teams have that much in the way of players this time round.

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024