Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread 03:34 - Apr 1 with 44531 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 03:34 - Apr 1 with 10659 viewsjackharris

Stoke City v Swansea City Match Information

Away fans are housed on one side (towards the Players Tunnel and Main Stand) of the Marstons Pedigree (South) Stand at one end of the ground, where around 2,800 supporters can be accommodated. This stand is shared with home fans on the other side. At first I was quite perturbed by a large sign advising fans that persistent standing would result in ejection from the ground, however the facilities and view of the action from this stand are good. The concourse is adequate and there is a large choice of refreshments available such as Wrights Pies, Pasties (£3.20 & £3.10) and Sausage Rolls (£2.60).

The stadium is quite high up in an exposed position and the open corners can mean that a cold wind can whip through the stadium, so bear this in mind, especially in the winter months.

If you want to try something a little different then on the canal located behind the Main Stand (look for the semi circular looking bridge beyond the car park) are two moored barges, one which sells the traditional locally produced Oatcake, whilst the other sells beer. Both are proving very popular on match days!

It is also worth bearing mind though that the Stoke fans are passionate about their club and this can make for an intimidating atmosphere, so it is best to keep colours covered around the ground. Don't be surprised if you are kept in after the game, in a fenced off compound to the rear of the away stand, whilst the Stoke fans are allowed to disperse. Just like the Liberty Stadium Away Fan's Compound.

PUBS FOR AWAY FANS

Next to the stadium is a Holiday Inn and a Harvester Pub/Restaurant that do allow in away fans. You can also park at the Harvester itself for a cost of £3. A bit further away on Dennis Viollett Road (off Sir Stanley Matthews Way) is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away supporters, shows SKY television and you can even park in their car park for £4.50.

Further down Sir Stanley Matthews Way (and turning left along Eastern Rise) is the Longton Rugby Club, which has two bars also showing SKY Sports. Parking is also available at £5 a car. It is around a 20 minute walk to the away turnstiles from the Club.

Otherwise alcohol is available on the concourses at the back of the away end, in the form of Carlsberg lager (£4.20 pint), Martsons Pedigree Bitter (£4 pint), Cider (£4.20, 500ml bottle) and Smirnoff Ice (£4.20, 275ml bottle), plus small wine bottles and minature spirits (all £4.30) but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support.

If arriving by train then the Terrace Bar on Leek Road has been designated as an official away fans pub.

The pub which is only five minutes walk from the railway station (turn right out of the station entrance, left at the crossroads and the pub is down on the left) also shows Sky Sports and offers food too. The shuttle bus to the ground (return cost £3 adults) that runs from near the station, also stops at the pub and returns after the game.

Possible Team and Formation

Bench
Nordfeldt
Amat
Rangel
Ki
Montero
Barrow
Taylor

Saturday's Forecast for the Potteries

Saturday's Ref - Will be going to the Euro's in the Summer

Premier League Table

Premier League Form Guide
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 4:57]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 06:53 - Apr 1 with 10548 viewsairedale

Ah, back to normal. Stress due in about 9pm tonight.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:16 - Apr 1 with 10529 viewsbuilthjack

Great info Mr Harris

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:43 - Apr 1 with 10510 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:16 - Apr 1 by builthjack

Great info Mr Harris

Indeed, very informative.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:52 - Apr 1 with 10493 viewsJackfath

He's the best Official Matchday Thread starter ever to have graced this board. An extremely undervalued and important part of this fine community.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 08:16 - Apr 1 with 10472 viewsBigPhilG

Thankyou for an excellent match thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 11:31 - Apr 1 with 10342 viewsJethroJack

Cheers Jackharris for some very helpful info for someone going to the Britannia for the first time 👌 Never fancied going before to see us play the "old" Stoke, but hoping for a good game tomorrow with us being more relaxed & getting back to our passing game. A point or 3 would be a lovely bonus 😁
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 13:26 - Apr 1 with 10247 viewsLoyal

Excellent info on here from JH.
Piss pants take note.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:35 - Apr 1 with 10131 viewstomdickharry

Couldn't ask for more inf. great. Only been to Stoke once remember a biting wind and a defeat,hope we can get something tomorrow.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:07 - Apr 1 with 10058 viewsMr_Astley

is anyone going to Longton rugby club tomorrow?
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:11 - Apr 1 with 10049 viewsOldjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:52 - Apr 1 by Jackfath

He's the best Official Matchday Thread starter ever to have graced this board. An extremely undervalued and important part of this fine community.

and he works down the Liberty

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Apr 1 with 10025 viewsjackharris

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:11 - Apr 1 by Oldjack

and he works down the Liberty

Firstly I don't work at the Liberty Alan! I have never worked for the Swans but I do feel sometimes that I do with the advice I often offer to people regarding, tickets, transportation, etc.

Thanks for all the nice messages about the thread. It's surprising how long it takes to put all that information together from different parts of the Internet. A lot of screen shots were used and edited and made compatible using the Tiny Pic website.

I like the area it is made up of many different towns that come under the umbrella of Stoke On Trent! The history of the potteries is really interesting. I nearly went to university there and had a couple of fact finding visits!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 21:41]

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Apr 1 with 10014 viewsOldjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Apr 1 by jackharris

Firstly I don't work at the Liberty Alan! I have never worked for the Swans but I do feel sometimes that I do with the advice I often offer to people regarding, tickets, transportation, etc.

Thanks for all the nice messages about the thread. It's surprising how long it takes to put all that information together from different parts of the Internet. A lot of screen shots were used and edited and made compatible using the Tiny Pic website.

I like the area it is made up of many different towns that come under the umbrella of Stoke On Trent! The history of the potteries is really interesting. I nearly went to university there and had a couple of fact finding visits!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 21:41]

My mistake sorry got you mixed up with someone else ,keep up the good work YJB !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Apr 1 with 9961 viewsAl_Bundy

Crosses

Unmarked

Goal

Crouch.

Wonder if have learned anything still from our last away outing :)
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Apr 1 with 9965 viewsmonmouth

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Apr 1 by Al_Bundy

Crosses

Unmarked

Goal

Crouch.

Wonder if have learned anything still from our last away outing :)

Hopefully the dirty Hughes mob will believe all the crap that they are now football masters and not just pump it into our penalty area.

I've we survive their initial blast (they blew both manks away inside 20 mins) I quite fancy us. If we concede early I think we'll be buried 3-0.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:41 - Apr 1 with 9927 viewsperplex

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:52 - Apr 1 by Jackfath

And you my friend are the one that was and without doubt shall be again.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:00 - Apr 1 with 9890 viewslifelong

I think we'll win tomorrow 3-1..... Lump on.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:23 - Apr 1 with 9844 viewsOldjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 13:26 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Excellent info on here from JH.
Piss pants take note.

Tosser !

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:30 - Apr 1 with 9832 viewsOldjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:00 - Apr 1 by lifelong

I think we'll win tomorrow 3-1..... Lump on.

I sincerely hope so Fluff chucker ,we've got a right tough run in

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:36 - Apr 1 with 9823 viewsLoyal

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:23 - Apr 1 by Oldjack

Tosser !

Sticks and stones old man.

[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 19:37]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:08 - Apr 1 with 9771 viewsOldjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:36 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Sticks and stones old man.

[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 19:37]

Do you have to ruin anther good thread with your petty unwarranted crap .If you've got anything to say to me, man up and say it to my face or shut the fuk up

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:01 - Apr 1 with 9615 viewsLoyal

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:08 - Apr 1 by Oldjack

Do you have to ruin anther good thread with your petty unwarranted crap .If you've got anything to say to me, man up and say it to my face or shut the fuk up

Your very angry, this thread is excellent and the OP has put together a superb insight in to tomorrow's game. I think you need to take your personal issues off line as people are laughing at you. Piss pants.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 06:36 - Apr 2 with 9410 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

2-1 Swans

Lump the f@ck on that

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 07:24 - Apr 2 with 9379 viewsshandyjack

well it's certainly lovely weather for the travel

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 09:27 - Apr 2 with 9269 viewsPegojack

Great guide. although I have to say I've been to the Terrace Bar on Leek Road before and was not impressed. Not great beer or food, and it's a bit of a trek to the supporters buses that leave from outside the town hall. Not sure if there's a bus from nearer (i.e. at the station), we didn't see it when we were there last.

I'll be parking in Stoke town centre today, there's a big car pack next to the town hall and several pubs to choose from, although using discretion of course. The buses go from right outside the town hall to the ground and cost about £3 return. Don't even think about trying to drive right up to the ground and parking nearby, it's a nightmare. Possibly the worst located ground in the Premiership in terms of accessibility.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024