Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final 08:29 - Apr 25 with 6940 viewswestisbest

Liberty Stadium on Monday, April 25 (7pm).

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-aston-villa-under-21s-camer

Looks like a arsenal v swansea final at the emirates the way our u21's are playing at the moment . Kingsley and Gorre deserve some game time in the premier league in the next few matches , with a few others , considering that too many 1st team players are wearing flip flops. There looks as a if there are some future stars in the U21's . The directors must be rubbing their hands with glee in anticipation of squeezing a few more milliom out of the americans to fill up their piggy banks , before selling us down the river . They need to bare in mind that the club would'nt have got anywhere without their loyal supporters .
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 8:35]
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 09:23 - Apr 25 with 4505 viewsjacabertawe

We'll be there: nice to having players in a Swansea shirt doing well.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 09:33 - Apr 25 with 4492 viewsLoyal

U21 side have been more of a pleasure to watch this season than the first team.

Why the fck Gorre and Kingsley aren't getting first team game time is beyond me.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 9:34]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 09:58 - Apr 25 with 4467 viewsjasper_T

Gorre couldn't break into ADO Den Haag's first team. Must be good.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:14 - Apr 25 with 4440 viewsMillJack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 09:58 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Not sure I see your point there, Leon Britton struggled to break into the Southend team before he joined us many moons ago.

Players develop. If you're going to judge a players full potential on what they're like at 17 years of age then there would only be a select few who would make it, and many of them would struggle. See Josh McEachran for proof of that.

Also worth considering that Jamie Vardy was playing non-league football just a few years ago. I would imagine that he would have struggled to get in the Den Haag team at that point as well.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:15 - Apr 25 with 4437 viewsLoyal

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 09:58 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Gorre is being managed in a certain way at Swansea via a very carefully applied training method as he ' gets older' this is reflected in his performances and of others and the way the u21 side has progressed.

Think about it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:29 - Apr 25 with 4420 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:14 - Apr 25 by MillJack

Not sure I see your point there, Leon Britton struggled to break into the Southend team before he joined us many moons ago.

Players develop. If you're going to judge a players full potential on what they're like at 17 years of age then there would only be a select few who would make it, and many of them would struggle. See Josh McEachran for proof of that.

Also worth considering that Jamie Vardy was playing non-league football just a few years ago. I would imagine that he would have struggled to get in the Den Haag team at that point as well.

Gorre was there for the first half of this season, mate. He's in his 20s.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:49 - Apr 25 with 4396 viewsMillie

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:29 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Barrow didn't set the world alight at Blackburn or Forrest, decent for us whenever he's given the opportunity

Swans v Villa 7pm tonight, looking forward to it
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 11:13 - Apr 25 with 4367 viewsMillJack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 10:29 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

My mistake, he's 21.

My point still stands though. What's the point in having a successful U21 team if we're not going to try and integrate their top performers into the 1st team?

Stephen Kingsley didn't exactly set the world alight during loan spells at Yeovil and Crewe, but I think we'd all agree that he's hardly let anyone down in his brief appearances in the 1st team?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 11:34 - Apr 25 with 4348 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 11:13 - Apr 25 by MillJack

My mistake, he's 21.

My point still stands though. What's the point in having a successful U21 team if we're not going to try and integrate their top performers into the 1st team?

Stephen Kingsley didn't exactly set the world alight during loan spells at Yeovil and Crewe, but I think we'd all agree that he's hardly let anyone down in his brief appearances in the 1st team?

Kingsley at least played consistently.

Gorre couldn't get a game in a second-rate team in a third-rate league. He's too good for u21s level, but not good enough to leapfrog our current attackers into PL football. Probably. I'd give him some gametime now the season's over to give him a chance personally.

The idea that academy systems are supposed to regularly produce first-team players is a pipedream. It doesn't happen but in the rarest, most exceptional circumstances. One breakthrough player every couple of seasons is a good return in a league with more money than sense. The vast, vast majority of Category One products drop down into the football league and below.

The point in having a successful, quality u18/21 setup is to provide the best possible environment for the players with the potential to be that one to flourish. When you have the reputation of having a good youth system (deserved or not) more and more talented kids will come to it.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 11:38 - Apr 25 with 4343 viewsjasper_T

Gareth Bale went all the way to Southampton from Cardiff. These days he might pop over here instead.

Dan James left Hull's academy to join us because we have the better setup.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 11:39]
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 12:03 - Apr 25 with 4305 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 09:33 - Apr 25 by Loyal

U21 side have been more of a pleasure to watch this season than the first team.

Why the fck Gorre and Kingsley aren't getting first team game time is beyond me.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 9:34]

It maybe the fact that the play-offs are important and taking our 'star' players out to play in meaningless (???) first team games would not be in their best interest especially if they got injured.

Don't know if the play-offs end before the Orem season but if so I guarantee they'll be involved somehow.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:13 - Apr 25 with 4157 viewsJesusJack

Never been to an U21s or stiffs game before (always worked evenings). Might go along and support the boys. Can't be worse than watching the first team.

Can you park at the stadium tonight?

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:25 - Apr 25 with 4137 viewsLandore_Jack

Such a shame they cannot broadcast the games live via the Official website or YouTube.

Would love to attend but working late unfortunately.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 16:26]

#backtojack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:30 - Apr 25 with 4126 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:25 - Apr 25 by Landore_Jack

Such a shame they cannot broadcast the games live via the Official website or YouTube.

Smaller clubs than us manage to broadcast them (and charge for it).
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:35 - Apr 25 with 4122 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:30 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Smaller clubs than us manage to broadcast them (and charge for it).

Interesting. Nice to see we are behind the times.

#backtojack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 17:33 - Apr 25 with 4073 viewsNeathJack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 16:25 - Apr 25 by Landore_Jack

They can, they just choose not to despite past promises that they would.

#Notjustanotherclub
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:14 - Apr 25 with 4028 viewswhiterock

Fair okay, a nice crowd building outside the harvester, maybe no one inside mind you
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:22 - Apr 25 with 4006 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 17:33 - Apr 25 by NeathJack

They can, they just choose not to despite past promises that they would.

#Notjustanotherclub

Is that true?

Would really like to have seen this game and would happily have paid a couple of quid to watch it on the officials site.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:26 - Apr 25 with 3999 viewsNeathJack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:22 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Is that true?

Would really like to have seen this game and would happily have paid a couple of quid to watch it on the officials site.

It was promised in a fans forum a couple of years ago.

Other clubs do it so I see no reason why we can't. It just appears they choose not to bother which is pretty poor really when you consider every one of the games is filmed anyway.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:33 - Apr 25 with 3979 viewsDarran

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:26 - Apr 25 by NeathJack

It was promised in a fans forum a couple of years ago.

Other clubs do it so I see no reason why we can't. It just appears they choose not to bother which is pretty poor really when you consider every one of the games is filmed anyway.

F*ck me you only live next door mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 3970 viewsLandore_Jack

Maybe the Trust could ask why the U21s are not shown via the Official website or YouTube at the next board meeting.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 18:37]

#backtojack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:42 - Apr 25 with 3949 viewsmax936

Whats the word on Oliver Mcburnie these days or has he gone back out on loan, I know we had him back from Newport, but I've a feeling he's gone back out on loan

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:50 - Apr 25 with 3934 viewsexiledinenglandjack

McBurnie is on loan at Bristol Rovers, been involved 4 times, no goals. Its a shame that he went there at the same time they've had a player in a rich vein of form, Matty Taylor, been labelled as the new Jamie Vardy, banged in 26 goals in 45 games this season.
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:52 - Apr 25 with 3927 views3swan

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:42 - Apr 25 by max936

Whats the word on Oliver Mcburnie these days or has he gone back out on loan, I know we had him back from Newport, but I've a feeling he's gone back out on loan

Think he did

Bristol Rovers?
Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:53 - Apr 25 with 3927 viewsNeathJack

Swansea City U21s v Aston Villa Premier League Division Two play-off semi-final on 18:33 - Apr 25 by Darran

F*ck me you only live next door mun.

Not true. I've got to cross a road.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024