Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow 22:54 - May 6 with 6849 viewsmagicdaps10

Some are running the story that he has the job and will be announced once the season is finished.

They are holding it back due to their respect for Guidolin, they state Rodgers will be on 90k a week.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 07:11 - May 7 with 1697 viewsSwaneeRiver

IMO the reason Rodgers hasn't joined any club since last October is because it's part of his payoff agreement. There has been no official confirmation from him or anyone else that he has been asked / turned down / accepted any positions since leaving Liverpool. He has wisely kept his own counsel on the matter and everything is just speculation in the media to sell papers, boost listening figures, etc. Let's all just calm down and let the dust settle on the season and then see what happens.
Guidolin has done what he was asked to do in an unspectacular fashion and like every Swans fan I'm grateful for that. However none of us know what might happen (good or bad) with him in charge next season. We just have to go with the flow.
Personally I think he (Guidolin) is already primed for the Watford job (IMO)
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 08:25 - May 7 with 1630 viewsAngelRangelQS

Yeah and if Guidolin had been offered the Italy job he'd have stayed here wouldn't he?

They've got a good record of appointing managers and we need to trust them.90k, if true probably isn't that much more than we are paying Gomis and Ayew.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 09:41 - May 7 with 1499 viewsjackjackjackjack

For £90,000 a week I hope we get a "plan b".

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 09:46 - May 7 with 1483 viewsbarry_island

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 09:41 - May 7 by jackjackjackjack

For £90k I hope we get someone else, preferably Guidolin, plus an army of decent coaches. That wage if true is another mile of madness down the road to oblivion the saviours seem to have set as our final destination.

Oytstanding.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:03 - May 7 with 1430 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 09:41 - May 7 by jackjackjackjack

180 page dossiers don't come cheap.

£500 a page per week - I hope there's one on defending set pieces.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:05 - May 7 with 1421 viewsshandyjack

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 07:03 - May 7 by Brynmill_Jack

You really think Watford would be a better offer? Was it Watford videos he was showing his Udinese team before trying?
It was Watfords's owners who sacked him from one of his jobs though. Plus he actually said he wants to stay HERE.
PLUS - As soon as Rodgers is appointed the board will b*gger off anyway. Now THAT'S what I call disrespect

if the Watford job was available he would go there over us as he is big friends with the owners. He only wants to stay here at the moment as it's a PL job, nothing to do with affinity to us or loyalty.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:15 - May 7 with 1399 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:05 - May 7 by shandyjack

if the Watford job was available he would go there over us as he is big friends with the owners. He only wants to stay here at the moment as it's a PL job, nothing to do with affinity to us or loyalty.

Show some respect or tonight you swim with the fishes...
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:18 - May 7 with 1394 viewsMurph75

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 23:03 - May 6 by NeathJack

Been a done deal for months.

Although he's not everyone's cup of tea, Guidolin has been shat upon from a great height given the results he's achieved with someone else's squad.

Am I wrong in saying he was appointed until the end of the season when his position would be reviewed?

He knew the score as did we when he took the role. No doubt he's being rewarded handsomely at the same time.

I also suspect it was his chest infection that kept us up.
Login to get fewer ads

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:19 - May 7 with 1390 viewsrob

I'd have BR back any day.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:21 - May 7 with 1388 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:18 - May 7 by Murph75

Am I wrong in saying he was appointed until the end of the season when his position would be reviewed?

He knew the score as did we when he took the role. No doubt he's being rewarded handsomely at the same time.

I also suspect it was his chest infection that kept us up.

Doesn't appear to have been any "reviewing" though - especially if, as it increasingly appears, he was just keeping the seat warm for Brendan if he kept us up.

A c*nt's trick.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:37 - May 7 with 1332 viewsDarran

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:19 - May 7 by rob

I'd have BR back any day.

I think we can do better I just don't get the hatred towards him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:45 - May 7 with 1310 viewsMurph75

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:21 - May 7 by WarwickHunt

Doesn't appear to have been any "reviewing" though - especially if, as it increasingly appears, he was just keeping the seat warm for Brendan if he kept us up.

A c*nt's trick.

Would you be happy watching that sh1t for 38 games next year with Guidolin in charge? I certainly wouldn't want to be bored stiff week in week out.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:59 - May 7 with 1273 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:45 - May 7 by Murph75

Would you be happy watching that sh1t for 38 games next year with Guidolin in charge? I certainly wouldn't want to be bored stiff week in week out.

Don't judge him on getting out of a relegation battle with someone else's team. F*ck knows what someone who likes to play with wing backs thought of Taylor and Rangel...

His reputation is for finding and developing players and we've seen glimpses of his preferred style against Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool.

I'd love to see what he could do with five or six new players of his (not Jenkins') choice and a pre-season.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:00 - May 7 with 1272 viewsmonmouth

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:37 - May 7 by Darran

I think we can do better I just don't get the hatred towards him.

Is there hatred? He's just so easy to poke fun at it would be rude not to. I do think we should look elsewhere, but the minute he is appointed, it's full support and goodwill from me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:04 - May 7 with 1251 viewsDarran

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:00 - May 7 by monmouth

Is there hatred? He's just so easy to poke fun at it would be rude not to. I do think we should look elsewhere, but the minute he is appointed, it's full support and goodwill from me.

That's the way it appears to me.
He'll have my full support from the start too but he won't off some that's for sure you've only got to look at the fella that posted above you to know what that's about.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 11:09]

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:07 - May 7 with 1173 viewsMurph75

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 10:59 - May 7 by WarwickHunt

Don't judge him on getting out of a relegation battle with someone else's team. F*ck knows what someone who likes to play with wing backs thought of Taylor and Rangel...

His reputation is for finding and developing players and we've seen glimpses of his preferred style against Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool.

I'd love to see what he could do with five or six new players of his (not Jenkins') choice and a pre-season.

Lets put those results in to a little context.

Everton with Chelsea have been pathetic and we beat the Liverpool academy.

He keeps playing Taylor & Rangel so there must be something there he likes?

Great short term option and certainly not the man to take us forward.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:17 - May 7 with 1130 viewsmonmouth

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:07 - May 7 by Murph75

Lets put those results in to a little context.

Everton with Chelsea have been pathetic and we beat the Liverpool academy.

He keeps playing Taylor & Rangel so there must be something there he likes?

Great short term option and certainly not the man to take us forward.

Aye chelsea were so pathetic they had the longest unbeaten run in the PL until we took it from them and outplayed them. Liverpool academy my arse. They dismantled Bournemouth who "have had a great season" with that team. We schooled them totally and Milner, Lalaland and Mignolet would not have done much better.

On the other hand some of it has been horrendous and I wouldn't want to sit through another Villa, Soton, or Leicester.

I don't know if he's the right man or not, but no one outside the club has enough evidence either way to say yes or no. Hopefully inside the club they do.

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:22 - May 7 with 1121 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:04 - May 7 by Darran

He'll have my full support from the start too but he won't off some that's for sure you've only got to look at the fella that posted above you to know what that's about.

I don't see any "hatred". I quite like Brendan but we could do better (especially for 90 f*cking k a week) and very probably already have.
People are rightly concerned about more underhand and classless behaviour by our "special" board.

Your full support? He'll sleep well knowing that.
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:23 - May 7 with 1118 viewsmax936

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 07:03 - May 7 by Brynmill_Jack

You really think Watford would be a better offer? Was it Watford videos he was showing his Udinese team before trying?
It was Watfords's owners who sacked him from one of his jobs though. Plus he actually said he wants to stay HERE.
PLUS - As soon as Rodgers is appointed the board will b*gger off anyway. Now THAT'S what I call disrespect

He's obviously learnt more things after Liverpool, apart from self improvement

But what can he add to us, areas' of our game need improving, older players need replacing along with getting more quality into some positions, I'm not sure to be honest, we still got this fascination of always looking back and going back, that mindset needs to change for me. I'm hoping his experience at Liverpool will have given him more to his game, as much as I like Pascoe, but if he comes back as well then ffs where are we going.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:24 - May 7 with 1108 viewsMurph75

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:17 - May 7 by monmouth

Aye chelsea were so pathetic they had the longest unbeaten run in the PL until we took it from them and outplayed them. Liverpool academy my arse. They dismantled Bournemouth who "have had a great season" with that team. We schooled them totally and Milner, Lalaland and Mignolet would not have done much better.

On the other hand some of it has been horrendous and I wouldn't want to sit through another Villa, Soton, or Leicester.

I don't know if he's the right man or not, but no one outside the club has enough evidence either way to say yes or no. Hopefully inside the club they do.

The same Milner, Lallana and Mignolet that have just taken Liverpool in to the europa league final?

The majority of the games he's been in charge of have been horrendous. Without that stint in hospital I wonder if we would have stayed up.

Are your eyes not connected to your brain?
Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:27 - May 7 with 1099 viewsmax936

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:04 - May 7 by Darran

One things for sure Daz, you'll need those sunglasses of yours when he's smiling in your direction
[Post edited 7 May 2016 11:28]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:31 - May 7 with 1074 viewsmonmouth

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:24 - May 7 by Murph75

The same Milner, Lallana and Mignolet that have just taken Liverpool in to the europa league final?

The majority of the games he's been in charge of have been horrendous. Without that stint in hospital I wonder if we would have stayed up.

Are your eyes not connected to your brain?

Ah right I see. Crack on.

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:32 - May 7 with 1072 viewsDarran

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:22 - May 7 by WarwickHunt

I don't see any "hatred". I quite like Brendan but we could do better (especially for 90 f*cking k a week) and very probably already have.
People are rightly concerned about more underhand and classless behaviour by our "special" board.

Your full support? He'll sleep well knowing that.

It's a shame we won't see much of you Philip,well except when we lose of course then in a couple of years time Scouce can reappear to tell everyone how right you always are.
Thick tw*t.

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:33 - May 7 with 1066 viewsDarran

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:27 - May 7 by max936

One things for sure Daz, you'll need those sunglasses of yours when he's smiling in your direction
[Post edited 7 May 2016 11:28]

I'm like Warwick mun I don't care about his teeth as long as its happening on the pitch.

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:35 - May 7 with 1055 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers and some tabloids tomorrow on 11:32 - May 7 by Darran

It's a shame we won't see much of you Philip,well except when we lose of course then in a couple of years time Scouce can reappear to tell everyone how right you always are.
Thick tw*t.

I'm aways right, Dar - even you should have twigged that by now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024