Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sour Grapes 20:15 - Jun 24 with 6092 viewsBigPhilG

Brexit prevailed in the referendum as we all know by know. Whatever side of the argument you fall on it was a democratic vote and the U.K. has made its decision.

What I've found disconcerting is the way it's been taken on various forms of social media by certain people who wanted to remain in the EU. Some of the posts here and elsewhere have been nothing short of shocking, patronising, condescending and downright vile spring to mind. To accuse people of being racist because they voted to leave is out of order. Some In voters seem to think that out voters are unintelligent and not worthy of having a vote.

Times are changing and we should be moving forward together. I voted out, friends of mine voted in but I'm not going to lose them over this and I certainly am not going to throw insults at them. Time everyone calmed down and accepted the decision like adults
Sour Grapes on 20:29 - Jun 24 with 4300 viewsJack_Kass

You missed out the persecution of anyone classed as 'elderly', all down to some stupid straw poll with a sample of about 1000 people.

Otherwise a mighty fine post.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Sour Grapes on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 4296 viewsLord_Bony

Well said my friend.

The people of the United Kingdom voiced their opinion last night at the ballot box and most of them wanted out. These include top politicians,law makers,captains of industry and some of the best people we have.

But still sour grapes from many and name calling of the Brexits...thick twts,racists, idiots who do not know what they are voting for etc...

Get over it remainers...you lost theres nothing can be done about it now.

A new chapter has opened up for the UK...a fookin huge momentous one too....

Soon we will all have to pull together and make this thing work...for all our sakes.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sour Grapes on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 4292 viewsGreekSwan

Great post
Sour Grapes on 20:32 - Jun 24 with 4278 viewsPhaedrus

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/174151/british-f%C3%B9ck

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Sour Grapes on 20:33 - Jun 24 with 4265 viewsexiledclaseboy

My grapes are extremely sour. I think the uk has made a terrible mistake. But it is the will of the people and that will must now he done. Be interesting to see if it is.

But let's never have any more referendums eh? And that's not sour grapes, I said the same thing before the vote too.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 20:34]

Poll: Tory leader

Sour Grapes on 20:35 - Jun 24 with 4249 viewssherpajacob

Are we allowed to call these people stupid unintelligent feck wits ?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 20:37]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sour Grapes on 20:37 - Jun 24 with 4241 viewsdickythorpe

Sour Grapes on 20:33 - Jun 24 by exiledclaseboy

My grapes are extremely sour. I think the uk has made a terrible mistake. But it is the will of the people and that will must now he done. Be interesting to see if it is.

But let's never have any more referendums eh? And that's not sour grapes, I said the same thing before the vote too.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 20:34]

John Simpson was saying referendums don't work earlier on this evening.
Sour Grapes on 20:40 - Jun 24 with 4224 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sour Grapes on 20:35 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

As if her vote mattered anyway. She was in feckin London FFS

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Sour Grapes on 20:49 - Jun 24 with 4191 viewsPhil_S

Sour Grapes on 20:30 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Well said my friend.

The people of the United Kingdom voiced their opinion last night at the ballot box and most of them wanted out. These include top politicians,law makers,captains of industry and some of the best people we have.

But still sour grapes from many and name calling of the Brexits...thick twts,racists, idiots who do not know what they are voting for etc...

Get over it remainers...you lost theres nothing can be done about it now.

A new chapter has opened up for the UK...a fookin huge momentous one too....

Soon we will all have to pull together and make this thing work...for all our sakes.

I wonder had the vote been marginally (and we should never forget it was a marginal vote especially with 28% of the voting public electing not to vote) the other way because the same people protesting today about the name calling were calling those who were staying every name under the sun and accusing people of fixing the result citing conspiracy theories such as voting with pencils so that the ballot papers could be amended (maybe that still happened ) and the bookies had been tipped off to the fixed result as the "In" vote was 1/10 favourite.

The whole thing has been a mess and just as bad as the name crowing is the moral high ground that those voting "Leave" have taken which does them as little credit (and yes your post is in there with them as well)

Theres nothing we can do about it and yes I did vote to stay but we need to clear this mess up quickly as the country is in a bit of a mess (and would have been whatever the result last night)

And its no sour grapes either as thats democracy and the way that it works

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sour Grapes on 20:51 - Jun 24 with 4170 viewsLord_Bony

Name names then...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sour Grapes on 20:52 - Jun 24 with 4167 viewslondonlisa2001

Sour Grapes on 20:40 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Fed up with hearing this argument.

It doesn't matter where she was - every vote was counted equally. A vote for or against in London or Swansea made no difference - they were counted as equal.

It was a straight up and down vote across the entire UK - the counting was broken into constituencies for ease.
Sour Grapes on 20:54 - Jun 24 with 4152 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sour Grapes on 20:52 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

It doesn't matter where she was - every vote was counted equally. A vote for or against in London or Swansea made no difference - they were counted as equal.

It was a straight up and down vote across the entire UK - the counting was broken into constituencies for ease.

People are getting confused with the clusterf*ck of a system we use for Westminster elections, bless them. Last night's vote was about as pure as democracy gets.

Poll: Tory leader

Sour Grapes on 20:56 - Jun 24 with 4132 viewsPhil_S

Sour Grapes on 20:51 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Name names then...

Name what names?
Sour Grapes on 20:57 - Jun 24 with 4114 viewslondonlisa2001

Sour Grapes on 20:54 - Jun 24 by exiledclaseboy

People are getting confused with the clusterf*ck of a system we use for Westminster elections, bless them. Last night's vote was about as pure as democracy gets.

Aye - it fills me with no end of confidence that people understood the economic arguments when they don't understand the way that the votes were counted

Sour Grapes on 20:57 - Jun 24 with 4114 viewslonglostjack

Sour Grapes on 20:37 - Jun 24 by dickythorpe

John Simpson was saying referendums don't work earlier on this evening.

Quite right. Referendums should be for sounding out public opinion. Leave it to our elected representatives to make the decisions. They are better informed. How many voted Leave to stick two fingers up to Cameron and Osborne? Now they have to face the consequences and they won't be pleasant.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sour Grapes on 20:58 - Jun 24 with 4110 viewsPhil_S

And that is what makes more sad with the fact that 28% of people decided not to vote

Sour Grapes on 20:58 - Jun 24 with 4105 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ok then Lisa fair enough. Perhaps her and her 4 other family members could have swayed the national vote

Just being facetious of course, but she really is only reacting to the apocalyptic bullsh*t being spread around by middle class people who wil have benefitted either way of this result. For some it's just their opportunity to call the working class stupid and browbeat them, as has been happening on here all day long.

And boy am I fed up with that.

Sour Grapes on 20:59 - Jun 24 with 4093 viewsDarran

Sour Grapes on 20:56 - Jun 24 by Phil_S

Name what names?

Ban him Phil.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sour Grapes on 21:01 - Jun 24 with 4083 viewssherpajacob

Sour Grapes on 20:40 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Are we allowed to call people who make statements like this " stupid unintelligent feck wits?"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sour Grapes on 21:03 - Jun 24 with 4060 viewslondonlisa2001

Sour Grapes on 20:58 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Ok then Lisa fair enough. Perhaps her and her 4 other family members could have swayed the national vote

Just being facetious of course, but she really is only reacting to the apocalyptic bullsh*t being spread around by middle class people who wil have benefitted either way of this result. For some it's just their opportunity to call the working class stupid and browbeat them, as has been happening on here all day long.

And boy am I fed up with that.

That's fair enough.
But if 'middle class' people benefited either way of this result, doesn't it give even the slightest pause for thought that they overwhelmingly think that the result is bad news for the people that are already struggling?

I mean, if they have no skin in the game then why on earth should they care so much?

On the subject of the woman - I don't give a crap what she wishes she had done - she should have thought of the consequences beforehand. Serves her bloody right.
Sour Grapes on 21:07 - Jun 24 with 4037 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sour Grapes on 21:01 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

Are we allowed to call people who make statements like this " stupid unintelligent feck wits?"

No. She's obviously been watching the doom BBC broadcasts and is justifyably terrified. Funny though.

Sour Grapes on 21:09 - Jun 24 with 4022 viewsFlashberryjack

Sour Grapes on 20:35 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

Depends on why you're calling her names, some people might see it as being racist.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sour Grapes on 21:11 - Jun 24 with 4009 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sour Grapes on 21:03 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

That's fair enough.
But if 'middle class' people benefited either way of this result, doesn't it give even the slightest pause for thought that they overwhelmingly think that the result is bad news for the people that are already struggling?

I mean, if they have no skin in the game then why on earth should they care so much?

On the subject of the woman - I don't give a crap what she wishes she had done - she should have thought of the consequences beforehand. Serves her bloody right.

It's become very clear that the middle classes had no inkling (or were completely and wilfully ignorant) of what the working classes' concerns and worries were.

Why are they so shocked thi morning if they believed otherwise? The politicians (especially the centrists and Liberals) had no clue whatsoever. If any politicians are THAT out of touch with the electorate they should perhaps consider changing careers.

Sour Grapes on 21:12 - Jun 24 with 4008 viewslondonlisa2001

Sour Grapes on 20:58 - Jun 24 by Phil_S

And that is what makes more sad with the fact that 28% of people decided not to vote

Anyone that doesn't bother to vote has no right to say anything afterwards either way. Lazy gits.
Sour Grapes on 21:12 - Jun 24 with 4007 viewsjojaca

Sour Grapes on 21:07 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

No. She's obviously been watching the doom BBC broadcasts and is justifyably terrified. Funny though.

Watching Anna Soubry throwing a temper tantrum earlier this afternoon with Andrew Neil was worth voting out just for that alone. How dare the little people vote against the establishment.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 21:14]

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024