Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Huw 17:29 - Jul 22 with 9069 viewsswan_si

I would like to say a big thank you to the previous share holders, but especially Huw, for the effort and hard work they have put into running our club, and congratulations on your new found wealth, hopefully it will set you and your families up for life, I just watched Huw being interviewed in the Liberty, and couldn't help but notice the way he kept looking around the place, the expression on his face was not that of a man who had just picked up a fortune, but that of a man who realised that there was nothing more that he or his fellow share holders could do to carry on running Swansea City FC without risking our premier league status, whether they have sold to the right people only time will tell, so once again I would like to say thank you Huw, and welcome ( please don't feck it up) to our American cousins.

Congratulations to Huw on 00:11 - Jul 23 with 1478 viewsLeonisGod

Congratulations to Huw on 17:40 - Jul 22 by WarwickHunt

" I just watched Huw being interviewed in the Liberty, and couldn't help but notice the way he kept looking around the place, the expression on his face was not that of a man who had just picked up a fortune, but that of a man who realised that there was nothing more that he or his fellow share holders could do to carry on running Swansea City FC without risking our premier league status, whether they have sold to the right people only time will tell, so once again I would like to say thank you Huw, and welcome ( please don't feck it up) to our American cousins. "

My heart bleeds.

F*ck off and take that useless c*nt Dineen with you. And his f*cking laundry. And Marvin F*cking Emnes.

Yes, they've been such a huge failure
Congratulations to Huw on 00:14 - Jul 23 with 1469 viewsmorningstar

Congratulations to Huw on 00:11 - Jul 23 by LeonisGod

Yes, they've been such a huge failure

Did Warwick say he was?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Congratulations to Huw on 00:18 - Jul 23 with 1465 viewsLeonisGod

Congratulations to Huw on 18:35 - Jul 22 by londonlisa2001

Do you want to borrow my pom-poms Tommy?

Just a quick point - of course they can't take us to any 'next step' without putting some bloody money into the club and no one has suggested they are going to. If they don't, then we have EXACTLY the same financial wherewithal as we had last week, albeit we have someone selling scarves outside the Liberty on a match day.

I would have though you had the sense to at least give them the benefit for longer than the 26 hours since their takeoverbwas announced.

We've had no promises, true. But let's set how the rest of this window pans out. Already talk of bidding £13m for Joey. No way that would that figure have been considered just 2 days ago.
Congratulations to Huw on 00:24 - Jul 23 with 1456 viewsLeonisGod

Congratulations to Huw on 00:14 - Jul 23 by morningstar

Did Warwick say he was?

"F*ck off" and "useless" aren't exactly glowing endorsements!
Congratulations to Huw on 00:42 - Jul 23 with 1437 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Huw on 00:24 - Jul 23 by LeonisGod

"F*ck off" and "useless" aren't exactly glowing endorsements!

If Jenkins had been CEO of any company with a turnover comparable to ours, he'd have been removed long ago.
His performance post-Laudrup has been f*cking woeful.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 0:43]
Congratulations to Huw on 00:44 - Jul 23 with 1431 viewsUxbridge

Congratulations to Huw on 00:42 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

If Jenkins had been CEO of any company with a turnover comparable to ours, he'd have been removed long ago.
His performance post-Laudrup has been f*cking woeful.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 0:43]

Depends how you judge such things I guess. To some, merely surviving in this league is enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Congratulations to Huw on 00:48 - Jul 23 with 1428 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Huw on 00:18 - Jul 23 by LeonisGod

I would have though you had the sense to at least give them the benefit for longer than the 26 hours since their takeoverbwas announced.

We've had no promises, true. But let's set how the rest of this window pans out. Already talk of bidding £13m for Joey. No way that would that figure have been considered just 2 days ago.

Sorry Leon but they haven't had 26 hours to talk to the Trust in a constructive manner, they've had in their words 'over a year'.

You see from my perspective it's not about signing Joe Allen for £13m it's about what happens if or when things go wrong, or if they go very well and these owners look to sell the club on to get their profit. It's about protecting our club for generations to come, not a transfer window. Of course I want us to do well and sign good players, but unless they actually invest in the club then they're doing nothing that couldn't have been done by the previous owners properly managed.

I've said on another thread that I was pleased to hear them speak about corporate partnership deals, and also about sustainability, but at the moment they are not convincing on the subject of the trust and by extension, the fans.

It's not great in my eyes that they say things like 'we've reached out to the trust' however many times it's supposed to be. Because the trust are telling us that they haven't done so in a meaningful way, and to be frank I believe people like Phil and Ux who I know to have the best interest of the club at heart before I believe a new owner.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if in a press conference to bring in the new era of ownership a seat was taken by the Trust and either Phil or Huw C was sitting there. After all, they are the only meaningful shareholder in our club now outside the holdings of as yet unknown Americans - because the whole 'it's just a bunch of guys that think it's a bit of fun to get together and own a club' stuff' doesn't actually stack up with a hundred million pound investment.

I'm quite happy to give them the benefit of the doubt - everyone hopes it all goes swimmingly, but they haven't started well, irrespective of Joey or Siggy, as they haven't started well with the Trust. Let's hope it significantly improves and they learn from this.
Congratulations to Huw on 01:06 - Jul 23 with 1411 viewsUxbridge

Congratulations to Huw on 00:48 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Sorry Leon but they haven't had 26 hours to talk to the Trust in a constructive manner, they've had in their words 'over a year'.

You see from my perspective it's not about signing Joe Allen for £13m it's about what happens if or when things go wrong, or if they go very well and these owners look to sell the club on to get their profit. It's about protecting our club for generations to come, not a transfer window. Of course I want us to do well and sign good players, but unless they actually invest in the club then they're doing nothing that couldn't have been done by the previous owners properly managed.

I've said on another thread that I was pleased to hear them speak about corporate partnership deals, and also about sustainability, but at the moment they are not convincing on the subject of the trust and by extension, the fans.

It's not great in my eyes that they say things like 'we've reached out to the trust' however many times it's supposed to be. Because the trust are telling us that they haven't done so in a meaningful way, and to be frank I believe people like Phil and Ux who I know to have the best interest of the club at heart before I believe a new owner.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if in a press conference to bring in the new era of ownership a seat was taken by the Trust and either Phil or Huw C was sitting there. After all, they are the only meaningful shareholder in our club now outside the holdings of as yet unknown Americans - because the whole 'it's just a bunch of guys that think it's a bit of fun to get together and own a club' stuff' doesn't actually stack up with a hundred million pound investment.

I'm quite happy to give them the benefit of the doubt - everyone hopes it all goes swimmingly, but they haven't started well, irrespective of Joey or Siggy, as they haven't started well with the Trust. Let's hope it significantly improves and they learn from this.

Thanks Lisa. The Trust probably isn't getting everything right by any means, but of course we have nothing to gain personally from all this.

The ironic thing is that if the buyers goals are as they've detailed in the press conference, they're not too dissimilar to the Trust's. At best, they've been badly advised to date.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Huw on 01:16 - Jul 23 with 1405 viewstylagarwjack

Congratulations to Huw on 01:06 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Thanks Lisa. The Trust probably isn't getting everything right by any means, but of course we have nothing to gain personally from all this.

The ironic thing is that if the buyers goals are as they've detailed in the press conference, they're not too dissimilar to the Trust's. At best, they've been badly advised to date.

Do we really believe that a not for profit organisation such as the trust (whose board and members care deeply about the club) has not too dissimilar goals as investors from USA?

I for one do not.
Congratulations to Huw on 01:22 - Jul 23 with 1396 viewsDJack

Congratulations to Huw on 01:16 - Jul 23 by tylagarwjack

Do we really believe that a not for profit organisation such as the trust (whose board and members care deeply about the club) has not too dissimilar goals as investors from USA?

I for one do not.

So why have they not enthusiastically engaged with the trust....

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Congratulations to Huw on 01:26 - Jul 23 with 1391 viewstylagarwjack

Congratulations to Huw on 01:22 - Jul 23 by DJack

So why have they not enthusiastically engaged with the trust....

Why have two groups of people who may have different goals not engaged with each other, is that really what you're asking? If I've missed the irony I'm sorry!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 1:27]
Congratulations to Huw on 01:36 - Jul 23 with 1373 viewsDJack

Congratulations to Huw on 01:26 - Jul 23 by tylagarwjack

Why have two groups of people who may have different goals not engaged with each other, is that really what you're asking? If I've missed the irony I'm sorry!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 1:27]

You didn't mate, that's why we are a little(very) afraid.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Congratulations to Huw on 09:25 - Jul 23 with 1276 viewslifelong

Congratulations to Huw on 17:40 - Jul 22 by WarwickHunt

" I just watched Huw being interviewed in the Liberty, and couldn't help but notice the way he kept looking around the place, the expression on his face was not that of a man who had just picked up a fortune, but that of a man who realised that there was nothing more that he or his fellow share holders could do to carry on running Swansea City FC without risking our premier league status, whether they have sold to the right people only time will tell, so once again I would like to say thank you Huw, and welcome ( please don't feck it up) to our American cousins. "

My heart bleeds.

F*ck off and take that useless c*nt Dineen with you. And his f*cking laundry. And Marvin F*cking Emnes.

Charming.

What a way to speak about a man who has had a huge influence in our success in recent years....pathetic.
Congratulations to Huw on 10:37 - Jul 23 with 1231 viewsMoscowJack

Congratulations to Huw on 18:16 - Jul 22 by Dr_Winston

The actions of those who have kept a small percentage will tell in the future. There's enough if they club together with the Trust to block a lot from happening.

That would be the case if they hadn't given up their voting rights as part of the deal.

The Americans will have over 75% of the voting rights, I'm pretty sure of that.

Fast forward a little into the future - "Jase & Steve" negotiate a deal with the council to buy the stadium and 25m (for example) is needed - where's that money going to come from?

"Jase & Steve" put in 79% of the 25m and the Trust would be required to put in their 21%, but how could they?

Even if they did find the money, fast forward a little again and we've then got the stadium expansion. That's another ~30m that the Trust would need to contribute 21% to.

"Jase & Steve" issue new shares, dilute the Trust's shareholding and we see the Trust slowly disappear.

What are the chances of this happening? My guess is that there's an extremely good chance of this happening and I'm definitely not exaggerating.

Yes, the Trust could fight their position as minority shareholders and revert back to the initial shareholders agreement (and probably win) but it would be very ugly and very expensive. This is why the PR campaign has already started as I'm sure the Americans know what's coming down the line.

My personal opinion is the Trust needs to stand its ground from day one and we need to stand behind them too. If the Americans have nothing to hide there will be no reason for the Trust to count on the fans for help....but if there is anything to hide, we need to be 100% behind the Trust and the Americans need to know that BEFORE they try anything, not just after the horse had bolted.

We should definitely give the Americans a chance to back their words with actions, but without being naive...or blinded by the words spouted out in the press conference yesterday.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Congratulations to Huw on 10:42 - Jul 23 with 1221 viewsDr_Winston

We'll soon find out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations to Huw on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 1177 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Huw on 09:25 - Jul 23 by lifelong

Charming.

What a way to speak about a man who has had a huge influence in our success in recent years....pathetic.

Disgusting Lifey I think Warwick should have a word with Mr Dineen and Mr Jenkins the next time he's down the Liberty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations to Huw on 10:56 - Jul 23 with 1161 viewsmax936

Congratulations to Huw on 18:11 - Jul 22 by monmouth

Yep thanks for ensuring that you knew you were selling to only ultra reliable parties that wouldn't put the club at risk, and insisting on protections that ensure we could never be sold on and go the way of Portsmouth or Leeds.

Thanks...thanks for taking millions of supra normal returns.....thanks for pretending it was all down to the board (that have now taken all the dosh) and not based on everybody's input and a collective community effort in your vanity film....thanks for stitching up the supporters trust and your mate.........thanks for doing your job exceptionally well that you were paid very well for despite implying that you did it for love .......thanks......

Sorry if that offends, but it's how I feel about the way this man has behaved. Hopefully the Americans will turn out to be more trustworthy.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 18:12]

This 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Congratulations to Huw on 10:58 - Jul 23 with 1161 viewsdobjack2

Congratulations to Huw on 09:25 - Jul 23 by lifelong

Charming.

He will be judged in a similar way to Martinez. With Martinez the manner of his leaving overshadowed all the good that he did, with Jenkins the way in which the shares have been sold will be what he will be remembered for if it all goes wrong. As being little better than those he saved the club from.
Congratulations to Huw on 11:06 - Jul 23 with 1146 viewsMagicDaps

Sorry, but the lack of respect for a man who's been imperative in us gaining three promotions and enjoying our most successful period of the club's history is embarrassing. You've been spoilt on success, he's been an excellent chairman. He wouldn't have been sacked at any other company, 'post-Laudrup' he's had us finishing 12th, 8th and 12th in the Premier League. That's an excellent achievement for a club of our size, and a club that's continued to remain sustainable and earn money in a league where the majority of other clubs haven't lived within their means. Very few people know the ins and outs of how the sale went down, and Huw's involvement in that, but as a chairman he's got to be respected. He's the best man for the job hands down, and we're very lucky to have him and it's down to his support for the Swans that he's still here. A top club would kill for someone like him, as would the English FA.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Congratulations to Huw on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 1129 viewsdobjack2

Congratulations to Huw on 11:06 - Jul 23 by MagicDaps

Sorry, but the lack of respect for a man who's been imperative in us gaining three promotions and enjoying our most successful period of the club's history is embarrassing. You've been spoilt on success, he's been an excellent chairman. He wouldn't have been sacked at any other company, 'post-Laudrup' he's had us finishing 12th, 8th and 12th in the Premier League. That's an excellent achievement for a club of our size, and a club that's continued to remain sustainable and earn money in a league where the majority of other clubs haven't lived within their means. Very few people know the ins and outs of how the sale went down, and Huw's involvement in that, but as a chairman he's got to be respected. He's the best man for the job hands down, and we're very lucky to have him and it's down to his support for the Swans that he's still here. A top club would kill for someone like him, as would the English FA.

Agree with much of what you have said. Very few people know what actually went on with the share sale with the trust not being one of them.

However this share sale is a pivotal point. I don't think many people begrudge the shareholders for cashing in, it is the way they went about it that has upset people. If it all goes wrong, the way in which Jenkins and the others acted in this by excluding the trust will be what they are remembered for.

To misquote the punchline from a joke "it was just the one share sale."
Congratulations to Huw on 11:28 - Jul 23 with 1121 viewsWarwickHunt

Aye - I'm sure Spurs would love someone with his negotiating skills. Perhaps Man City too - I'm sure they need that £9m last instalment we're still owed....

BTW - I can remember Harry Griffiths playing so don't f*cking lecture me with bollox about being "spoilt on success."
Congratulations to Huw on 11:29 - Jul 23 with 1117 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Huw on 11:28 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

Aye - I'm sure Spurs would love someone with his negotiating skills. Perhaps Man City too - I'm sure they need that £9m last instalment we're still owed....

BTW - I can remember Harry Griffiths playing so don't f*cking lecture me with bollox about being "spoilt on success."

Here we go Joe Hawkins had had his coffee and croissants.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations to Huw on 11:37 - Jul 23 with 1106 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Huw on 11:29 - Jul 23 by Darran

Here we go Joe Hawkins had had his coffee and croissants.

What was a f*cking hippy doing reading those skinhead books?
A gay thing?
Congratulations to Huw on 11:40 - Jul 23 with 1101 viewsjackjackjackjack

Exactly, if we'd got relegated after the first season in the premier, like Cardiff, no doubt some people on here would have been crying out for Huw and co. to sell up. "Amateurs", "taken the club as far as it can go", "need investment" etc.

It's extraordinary what the club has achieved, and a part of that is down to Huw. Whoever came up with the idea of signing Guidolin last season deserves a great deal of credit. We were going down. We've now got new owners and it might turn out to be a disaster, lets hope not, but at least it'll be a disaster after a number of years of mid-table respectability and a League Cup win.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Congratulations to Huw on 11:41 - Jul 23 with 1099 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Congratulations to Huw on 11:28 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

your that old 😄.

Huw can't sack himself .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024