Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Huw 17:29 - Jul 22 with 9070 viewsswan_si

I would like to say a big thank you to the previous share holders, but especially Huw, for the effort and hard work they have put into running our club, and congratulations on your new found wealth, hopefully it will set you and your families up for life, I just watched Huw being interviewed in the Liberty, and couldn't help but notice the way he kept looking around the place, the expression on his face was not that of a man who had just picked up a fortune, but that of a man who realised that there was nothing more that he or his fellow share holders could do to carry on running Swansea City FC without risking our premier league status, whether they have sold to the right people only time will tell, so once again I would like to say thank you Huw, and welcome ( please don't feck it up) to our American cousins.

Congratulations to Huw on 11:43 - Jul 23 with 1248 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Huw on 11:37 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

What was a f*cking hippy doing reading those skinhead books?
A gay thing?

Chopper did his research.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations to Huw on 11:45 - Jul 23 with 1245 viewsmonmouth

I'm differentiating entirely between the well above average way he has done his job for which he received half a million a year plus dividends, and the way he has behaved, connived, dissembled, sneaked and cheated, which is a reasonable interpretation given the Trust was kept in the dark, to destroy the unique aspect of the club that presumably, given the Government endorsements for our model, got him his OBE. I'm surprised people can't see the difference.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 18:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Congratulations to Huw on 11:50 - Jul 23 with 1241 viewsMagicDaps

Congratulations to Huw on 11:28 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

Aye - I'm sure Spurs would love someone with his negotiating skills. Perhaps Man City too - I'm sure they need that £9m last instalment we're still owed....

BTW - I can remember Harry Griffiths playing so don't f*cking lecture me with bollox about being "spoilt on success."

Well you were hardly going to be spoilt on success then were you.

To suggest that Jenkins performance after Laudrup leaving was 'f*cking woeful' is just wrong. What exactly do you expect from a club of our size? He's made the right decisions with managers, letting go of managers like Laudrup and Monk at the right times before it wasn't too late, and replacing them with managers that have ensured that we've not finished below 12th in a Premier League season. That level of consistency for a club of our size at this level is a superb achievement. On top of that, post Laudrup we've had our highest league finish and highest points total aside from 1981/82 - yeah, f*cking woeful. All this whilst not having the financial backers that clubs around us have had, meaning that we've had to live within our means and have generated a profit in the most successful period in our history - yeah, f*cking woeful. What exactly constitutes a success to you if not that?

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Congratulations to Huw on 11:56 - Jul 23 with 1234 viewsmonmouth

Congratulations to Huw on 11:50 - Jul 23 by MagicDaps

Well you were hardly going to be spoilt on success then were you.

To suggest that Jenkins performance after Laudrup leaving was 'f*cking woeful' is just wrong. What exactly do you expect from a club of our size? He's made the right decisions with managers, letting go of managers like Laudrup and Monk at the right times before it wasn't too late, and replacing them with managers that have ensured that we've not finished below 12th in a Premier League season. That level of consistency for a club of our size at this level is a superb achievement. On top of that, post Laudrup we've had our highest league finish and highest points total aside from 1981/82 - yeah, f*cking woeful. All this whilst not having the financial backers that clubs around us have had, meaning that we've had to live within our means and have generated a profit in the most successful period in our history - yeah, f*cking woeful. What exactly constitutes a success to you if not that?

You can't say he hasn't made some big mistakes though? I think over the whole chairmanship it is well above average and worth his pay, but the last few years.....the Laudrup shambles....Monk with hindsight (or for mr hunt foresight) was really the wrong move in the summer of 2014, particularly the length of contract. But there we are, he'll have Landon Donovan second guessing him now, so it'll be interesting.

Congratulations to Huw on 12:00 - Jul 23 with 1228 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Huw on 11:41 - Jul 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

your that old 😄.

Huw can't sack himself .

I was a nipper.
Congratulations to Huw on 12:01 - Jul 23 with 1223 viewsSmellyplumz

Congratulations to Huw on 00:48 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Sorry Leon but they haven't had 26 hours to talk to the Trust in a constructive manner, they've had in their words 'over a year'.

You see from my perspective it's not about signing Joe Allen for £13m it's about what happens if or when things go wrong, or if they go very well and these owners look to sell the club on to get their profit. It's about protecting our club for generations to come, not a transfer window. Of course I want us to do well and sign good players, but unless they actually invest in the club then they're doing nothing that couldn't have been done by the previous owners properly managed.

I've said on another thread that I was pleased to hear them speak about corporate partnership deals, and also about sustainability, but at the moment they are not convincing on the subject of the trust and by extension, the fans.

It's not great in my eyes that they say things like 'we've reached out to the trust' however many times it's supposed to be. Because the trust are telling us that they haven't done so in a meaningful way, and to be frank I believe people like Phil and Ux who I know to have the best interest of the club at heart before I believe a new owner.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if in a press conference to bring in the new era of ownership a seat was taken by the Trust and either Phil or Huw C was sitting there. After all, they are the only meaningful shareholder in our club now outside the holdings of as yet unknown Americans - because the whole 'it's just a bunch of guys that think it's a bit of fun to get together and own a club' stuff' doesn't actually stack up with a hundred million pound investment.

I'm quite happy to give them the benefit of the doubt - everyone hopes it all goes swimmingly, but they haven't started well, irrespective of Joey or Siggy, as they haven't started well with the Trust. Let's hope it significantly improves and they learn from this.

I couldn't agree more, Huw in that press conference looked like a man under huge stress and well out his depth, almost like a man who had stolen something and now the police where looking for him. All imo of course and I'm sure the usual tw@ts will be along to ridicule. I don't believe for one minute the trust had been thought of at all its been pound signs in the eyes of the board and asset grabbing in the eyes of the buyers and fuk the fans and trust.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Congratulations to Huw on 12:02 - Jul 23 with 1218 viewsMagicDaps

Congratulations to Huw on 11:56 - Jul 23 by monmouth

You can't say he hasn't made some big mistakes though? I think over the whole chairmanship it is well above average and worth his pay, but the last few years.....the Laudrup shambles....Monk with hindsight (or for mr hunt foresight) was really the wrong move in the summer of 2014, particularly the length of contract. But there we are, he'll have Landon Donovan second guessing him now, so it'll be interesting.

Nothing catastrophic though. Yes, of course there's going to be mistakes as he obviously didn't have have the luxury of making hindsight in decisions. It goes to show how good a job he was doing prior to this, that one of the main criticisms of him was giving a long term contract to a manager who was on the back of a superb season. Paul Lambert was given a long term contract by Aston Villa on the back of a good first four games in 2014/15. Everything's worked out come the end of the season, he's steered us away from any relegation danger and certainly achieved his goal of making us an established Premier League club.

Congratulations to Huw on 12:08 - Jul 23 with 1199 viewsSmellyplumz

Congratulations to Huw on 12:02 - Jul 23 by MagicDaps

Nothing catastrophic though. Yes, of course there's going to be mistakes as he obviously didn't have have the luxury of making hindsight in decisions. It goes to show how good a job he was doing prior to this, that one of the main criticisms of him was giving a long term contract to a manager who was on the back of a superb season. Paul Lambert was given a long term contract by Aston Villa on the back of a good first four games in 2014/15. Everything's worked out come the end of the season, he's steered us away from any relegation danger and certainly achieved his goal of making us an established Premier League club.

If he loves the club so much why did he push to one side the trust to sell at all costs? He has been a good chairman for sure but the club has also been very good to him, it's the way that he had gone about this sale that has really let him down. Imo
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 12:11]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Huw on 12:18 - Jul 23 with 1181 viewsMagicDaps

Congratulations to Huw on 12:08 - Jul 23 by Smellyplumz

If he loves the club so much why did he push to one side the trust to sell at all costs? He has been a good chairman for sure but the club has also been very good to him, it's the way that he had gone about this sale that has really let him down. Imo
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 12:11]

That's fair enough to question. There are serious question marks to be had about the sale of the club, and what the trust were told throughout the sale process.

People are failing to distinguish their doubts about Jenkins over this issue, and his ability as a chairman though. His record as a chairman is unquestionably superb.

Congratulations to Huw on 12:21 - Jul 23 with 1170 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Huw on 12:18 - Jul 23 by MagicDaps

That's fair enough to question. There are serious question marks to be had about the sale of the club, and what the trust were told throughout the sale process.

People are failing to distinguish their doubts about Jenkins over this issue, and his ability as a chairman though. His record as a chairman is unquestionably superb.

Up until a couple of years ago, I'd agree.
Congratulations to Huw on 12:21 - Jul 23 with 1168 viewsSmellyplumz

He has been a great chairman but will be still be regarded as that if the sale goes badly wrong, people have short memories.

Congratulations to Huw on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 1167 viewsdobjack2

As the joke goes and just like Martinez he won't be remembered for the good things he did.
Congratulations to Huw on 12:27 - Jul 23 with 1161 viewsmonmouth

Oh I think we've still got some recovering to do from the Monk experiment yet, and that was mainly down to Huw's wishing for a manager he could control. With hindsight that record pl points season wasn't superb, it was very destructive and a better appontment in summer 2014 -say Koeman - when we were in a position of strength todo so, would see us much better off today. That was purely down to Huw's control freakery.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 12:28]

Congratulations to Huw on 12:29 - Jul 23 with 1148 viewslondonlisa2001

I believe that there have been very good things achieved (training facilities, academy 1 status) and some glaring weaknesses (stadium expansion, commercial).

On the team side, the main part of the period under Huw's stewardship has been excellent, albeit the past couple of years has seen a lot of money thrown down the drain (the cost of bringing in and then binning all those Spanish players, last summer's recruitment of players like Tabanou). The biggest failing on the playing side in my opinion has been entering into 'clever' contracts with the likes of Gomis and Ayew (nothing to do with whether they are any good, but exposes us to situations like the one we're in with Gomis at the moment). But overall, the continued success of the team has shown their performance on the playing side to be very strong.

Commercially the club is weak, which has been acknowledged by the Americans every time they've opened their mouths. We also shouldn't forget that they were blessed with being given a stadium in a lower level version of what we're seeing with West Ham. So all in all, good and not so good, but overall, a huge success.

However, when this regime took over, their number 1 aim was to ensure that the Swans NEVER returned to a situation where the existence of the club was in any doubt. They did this through what they have time and time again described as 'fan ownership'. They have this week sold that fan ownership without putting in place any provision to secure the permanent presence of representatives of the 'fans' within the ownership and board structures. In fact, they appear to have gone out of their way to ensure that 'the fans' didn't get in the way of their own personal financial gain. When we look back at their legacy and the ins and outs of good seasons, bad seasons, good players, bad players get lost in the mist of time, it's pretty difficult not to see that as the measure by which we ultimately judge them. And on that, they have been found wanting.
Congratulations to Huw on 12:32 - Jul 23 with 1144 viewsmonmouth

Congratulations to Huw on 12:29 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

I believe that there have been very good things achieved (training facilities, academy 1 status) and some glaring weaknesses (stadium expansion, commercial).

On the team side, the main part of the period under Huw's stewardship has been excellent, albeit the past couple of years has seen a lot of money thrown down the drain (the cost of bringing in and then binning all those Spanish players, last summer's recruitment of players like Tabanou). The biggest failing on the playing side in my opinion has been entering into 'clever' contracts with the likes of Gomis and Ayew (nothing to do with whether they are any good, but exposes us to situations like the one we're in with Gomis at the moment). But overall, the continued success of the team has shown their performance on the playing side to be very strong.

Commercially the club is weak, which has been acknowledged by the Americans every time they've opened their mouths. We also shouldn't forget that they were blessed with being given a stadium in a lower level version of what we're seeing with West Ham. So all in all, good and not so good, but overall, a huge success.

However, when this regime took over, their number 1 aim was to ensure that the Swans NEVER returned to a situation where the existence of the club was in any doubt. They did this through what they have time and time again described as 'fan ownership'. They have this week sold that fan ownership without putting in place any provision to secure the permanent presence of representatives of the 'fans' within the ownership and board structures. In fact, they appear to have gone out of their way to ensure that 'the fans' didn't get in the way of their own personal financial gain. When we look back at their legacy and the ins and outs of good seasons, bad seasons, good players, bad players get lost in the mist of time, it's pretty difficult not to see that as the measure by which we ultimately judge them. And on that, they have been found wanting.

That last paragraph should be a sticky and restated whenever this topic arises.

Congratulations to Huw on 12:42 - Jul 23 with 1123 viewsheadcleaner

I think it's fair to question someone at the helm of such a big company that we now are. Sure he's made mistakes but I judge him him on how he treats his friends and fellow board members and nobody can say he has acted honourably can they?

He deserved to be well paid for his services whilst headboy but some of the cock ups have been huge.

Apart from some of the great things he steered us through (cup win) he also signed off tat travesty tat was the vanity film and whilst I like him publicly saying we aren't little swansea city anymore actions speak louder than words.

His treatment of the trust this past year has been shameful. His dithering over expansion embarrassing - taking his eye off the dramas going on around Laudrup and monk suggest he perhaps should have shuffled off behind the scenes quietly and put in the effort to indicate a professional qualified to run a big sports company and then they could clear out the ha gers on and chances like dineen and JVZ etc etc.

The fiasco of the press conference this week suggest there is still a large chunk of wheel tappers and shunter club in the boardroom. And it helps redirect attention to the inability to sign certain players.

One thing for sure we're in for an interesting season on and off the pitch
Congratulations to Huw on 12:42 - Jul 23 with 1119 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Huw on 12:32 - Jul 23 by monmouth

That last paragraph should be a sticky and restated whenever this topic arises.

Oh I don't know Mon - I'm surely one of the people being referred to by our American supporters on social media as 'the idiots on planetswans' or when they talk about 'the natives getting restless'. I imagine you are as well. But then we haven't had the opportunity to get our pic taken with 'Jason' so we can't possibly know as much as they do about whether people 'get it'.
Congratulations to Huw on 16:39 - Jul 23 with 1045 viewsDr_Winston

Congratulations to Huw on 12:27 - Jul 23 by monmouth

Oh I think we've still got some recovering to do from the Monk experiment yet, and that was mainly down to Huw's wishing for a manager he could control. With hindsight that record pl points season wasn't superb, it was very destructive and a better appontment in summer 2014 -say Koeman - when we were in a position of strength todo so, would see us much better off today. That was purely down to Huw's control freakery.

The entire Laudrup saga with Huw, Tutumlu and Co can clearly be seen from this vantage point as where things started going a bit wobbly.

That's where the productive transfer partnership between manager and management became more of a coach/DoF arrangement, where the fear of big reputations and personalities led to the appointment of a manager who they thought wouldn't rock the boat (odd since he'd already proven himself to be quite good at it) and as it would appear, the start of the attempts by some to cash out their chips with Yanks 1.0 and now the current situation.

It's still the wisest course of action from The Americans to keep Huw around rather than parachute a complete newbie in to run things, but he could do with learning from his mistakes and someone to rubber stamp his decisions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations to Huw on 17:50 - Jul 23 with 1006 viewswaynekerr55

Congratulations to Huw on 12:27 - Jul 23 by monmouth

Monny you're on fire

A big few weeks ahead of us!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Congratulations to Huw on 17:54 - Jul 23 with 999 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Huw on 17:50 - Jul 23 by waynekerr55

Monny you're on fire

A big few weeks ahead of us!

Can you imagine if we don't beat Burnley by at least five goals?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 18:03]

Congratulations to Huw on 17:56 - Jul 23 with 997 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Huw on 17:54 - Jul 23 by Darran

Can you imagine if we don't beat Burnley by at least five goals?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 18:03]

See I don't understand the relevance of that ?
Congratulations to Huw on 18:03 - Jul 23 with 982 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Huw on 17:56 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

See I don't understand the relevance of that ?

Edited.

Congratulations to Huw on 18:04 - Jul 23 with 981 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Congratulations to Huw on 18:50 - Jul 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Do you have Pom Poms Lisa ?

Yes she does. Massive ones.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Congratulations to Huw on 18:15 - Jul 23 with 961 viewswaynekerr55

Congratulations to Huw on 12:29 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Now now Lisa you'll get a telling off for having a pop at the congenial department...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Congratulations to Huw on 18:17 - Jul 23 with 951 viewsicecoldjack

Congratulations to Huw on 11:45 - Jul 23 by monmouth

I'm differentiating entirely between the well above average way he has done his job for which he received half a million a year plus dividends, and the way he has behaved, connived, dissembled, sneaked and cheated, which is a reasonable interpretation given the Trust was kept in the dark, to destroy the unique aspect of the club that presumably, given the Government endorsements for our model, got him his OBE. I'm surprised people can't see the difference.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 18:54]

Think you summed up the mood of the majority very well there.

Great post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024