Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imho 02:56 - Aug 13 with 10574 viewswhiterock

Leroy Fer is the signing that has gone under the radar, our best signing all summer, got it all
Imho on 03:09 - Aug 13 with 5264 viewsDJack

A big statement that. Personally I like him and believe(hope) that he could become quite important for us but it is to soon to say.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Imho on 03:10 - Aug 13 with 5262 viewsnyc_swans

i hope you're right.

he was a mixed bag last season, but if he forces a place in the starting XI and plays with confidence you may well be on to something here. he plays with strength and with a steel that has gone missing in recent times.

he'll chip in with a few goals too, i'd bet.
Imho on 03:11 - Aug 13 with 5258 viewsDrizzy

Unbelievable what a string of mediocre performances during a good run can do for people's perception of a player.

He's bang average. Hopefully Ki gets somewhere near his POTS form so we don't have to deal with the inevitable complacency from Fer now he's got his long term contract.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Imho on 03:17 - Aug 13 with 5246 viewsDJack

Imho on 03:11 - Aug 13 by Drizzy

Unbelievable what a string of mediocre performances during a good run can do for people's perception of a player.

He's bang average. Hopefully Ki gets somewhere near his POTS form so we don't have to deal with the inevitable complacency from Fer now he's got his long term contract.

Again, too early too make a judgement. Not that this stops us on here!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Imho on 04:16 - Aug 13 with 5204 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I like Leroy, but we got him from a midtable Championship club that didn't seem all that desperate to hang on to his talents.

If he turns out to be our best signing of the summer, we are in big freaking trouble at striker.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2016 4:17]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Imho on 05:22 - Aug 13 with 5160 viewsjack247

Hopefully Ki doesn't get near the team. One MOM performance followed by three mediocre ones isn't good enough.

At their best, he is a far better player than Fer. Week in week out he is miles behind.
Imho on 05:26 - Aug 13 with 5154 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Imho on 05:22 - Aug 13 by jack247

Hopefully Ki doesn't get near the team. One MOM performance followed by three mediocre ones isn't good enough.

At their best, he is a far better player than Fer. Week in week out he is miles behind.

Who's to say Ki can't get back to his '14/'15 form?

Not saying we can depend on that happening, but he has shown the ability to be consistently above average to very good.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2016 5:27]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Imho on 05:41 - Aug 13 with 5131 viewsjack247

Imho on 05:26 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Not saying we can depend on that happening, but he has shown the ability to be consistently above average to very good.

Consistency is his biggest problem. He has been here four years, well three with us one on loan. In that time, I can recall two outstanding periods, one was a really solid half season which deservedly won him player of the year. The other was at Sunderland, where they played him closer to Gylfis role.

Aside from that, he has flitted from ineffective to superb. Drizzy may be right about Fer easing off now he has a contract, apparently he has done it before, but based only on Swans performances I'd have him ahead of Ki every time.
Login to get fewer ads

Imho on 06:40 - Aug 13 with 5090 viewsairedale

been off the boil ever since his Mrs dropped the pup.
Imho on 08:25 - Aug 13 with 4947 viewsbuilthjack

Personally, from watching him last season, he is average at best. Passing nowhere near as good as Ki, never tracks back once he has lost the ball, and hasn't got the vision of others. BUT, I hope he proves me completely wrong and is player of the year.
I said the same about Shelvey by the way.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Imho on 08:58 - Aug 13 with 4868 viewsjasper_T

Agree completely.
Imho on 10:46 - Aug 13 with 4673 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Imho on 05:26 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

If anyone can work with Ki to get the best out of him it will be Guidolin. But I will stick my neck out and say Fer will be more of a success than a failure this season. He's been at hideous QPR and a poor Norwich so let's not judge him yet. Could be one of those famous misfits who fits Swansea City well! And he's a hard edged player, something we've missed since Ferrie and JDG.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Imho on 10:53 - Aug 13 with 4653 viewsDafyddHuw

Can't believe some people are comparing Fer to Ki.

Ki's had one poor season. Fer will never have a good season. He may have a couple of good games, but essentially he's a journeyman.

If history repeats itself, now that he's got his contract he'll slowly slide into squad oblivion.
Imho on 11:02 - Aug 13 with 4622 viewswhiterock

Well today's the day, looking forward to it, we'll win it in midfield and Fer will be the go to player
Imho on 11:06 - Aug 13 with 4604 viewstomdickharry

Lets hope Fer doesn't go missing today against a midfield that will not be the strongest in the PLNew season,new opportunity for him.
Imho on 11:32 - Aug 13 with 4553 viewsDrizzy

Imho on 10:46 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

If anyone can work with Ki to get the best out of him it will be Guidolin. But I will stick my neck out and say Fer will be more of a success than a failure this season. He's been at hideous QPR and a poor Norwich so let's not judge him yet. Could be one of those famous misfits who fits Swansea City well! And he's a hard edged player, something we've missed since Ferrie and JDG.

Jdg described as "hard edged"

Imho on 11:37 - Aug 13 with 4534 viewsDarran

Imho on 11:32 - Aug 13 by Drizzy

Innit one of the biggest shithouses ever to play for us,loved pulling out of a tackle.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Imho on 11:37 - Aug 13 with 4537 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Imho on 11:32 - Aug 13 by Drizzy

He was. Nobody f*cked DeGuzman over on the pitch apart from a sly Bellamy elbow to his face. That fact that Craig Bellamy had to elbow him in the first case proves my point.

I have been a ST holder for a long time now and see all sorts of things you miss watching your dodgy laptop streams.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Imho on 11:40 - Aug 13 with 4529 viewsDrizzy

Imho on 11:37 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

He was. Nobody f*cked DeGuzman over on the pitch apart from a sly Bellamy elbow to his face. That fact that Craig Bellamy had to elbow him in the first case proves my point.

I have been a ST holder for a long time now and see all sorts of things you miss watching your dodgy laptop streams.

Sorry, Bryn. He had plenty of other qualities but he most certainly wasn't hard. In fact it was biggest criticism that he had plenty of talent but couldn't impose himself on games because he was a massive ponce.

Imho on 11:48 - Aug 13 with 4510 viewsMurph75

Imho on 11:37 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

F*cking clown.
Imho on 12:04 - Aug 13 with 4468 viewsDarran

Imho on 11:48 - Aug 13 by Murph75

F*cking clown.

Great post Murph.

Imho on 13:29 - Aug 13 with 4367 viewsDJack

Imho on 11:40 - Aug 13 by Drizzy

Sorry, Bryn. He had plenty of other qualities but he most certainly wasn't hard. In fact it was biggest criticism that he had plenty of talent but couldn't impose himself on games because he was a massive ponce.

I liked JdG but I will say that you are bang on the money Drizzy

Imho on 15:32 - Aug 13 with 4302 viewsDarran

Where's Fer?

Imho on 16:54 - Aug 13 with 4243 viewsA_Fans_Dad

All credit to the OP, Fer did it.
Imho on 17:18 - Aug 13 with 4101 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Imho on 16:54 - Aug 13 by A_Fans_Dad

All credit to the OP, Fer did it.

Well, Jeff and FL really did "it," but Fer was in the right place to tap it in.

NBC commentators thought he got away with penalty (and possible red) before that.

I thought he got away with something that is never called and was solid otherwise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024