Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley 16:17 - Oct 3 with 5582 viewsTummer_from_Texas

as the 23rd best manager in the world in 2016, one spot behind Arsene Wenger.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world

Moved up one spot from 24th in 2015.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:24 - Oct 3 with 1606 viewslonglostjack

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:23 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

We can always rely on you for some positive thinking can't we

FFS PM each other boys

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:30 - Oct 3 with 1591 viewsDaggyjack

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:41 - Oct 3 by Swansea93

Aint Le Havre 11th in the French L2?

5th in Ligue 2 after his last match tonight, 3 points off the top.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:35 - Oct 3 with 1575 viewsraynor94

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:23 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

We can always rely on you for some positive thinking can't we

Don't take it out on me mun! I just wasn't convinced Guidolin could keep us up, treated appallingly by the board, but we have to move on and give Bradley a go

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:53 - Oct 3 with 1540 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:35 - Oct 3 by raynor94

Don't take it out on me mun! I just wasn't convinced Guidolin could keep us up, treated appallingly by the board, but we have to move on and give Bradley a go

I'm not. I'm jut saying that you are a bulwark of optimisim among a tide of doom and gloom. Along with Darran, Murph, Clasey and , um

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:58 - Oct 3 with 1536 viewsBellinghamWhiff

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:06 - Oct 3 by nyc_swans

he wasn't nicknamed "Bunker Bob" for his ability to get his teams to play attacking, flowing futbol. he may be a good motivator, but i find the whole situation farcical and i pity the fans who have been on board much longer than i.

He has a few handles....

"Bunker Bob"

"RoboBob"

"Bobby Buckets"

I prefer the last one... it speaks to his favourite tactical formation - AKA the "Empty Bucket".

If you like parking the bus with two D-mids in full bunker mode, no central creative mids, two wings and two forwards, living and dying by the occasional counter attack, then Bobby Buckets is your guy...

--FORWARD------------------------FORWARD--

WING---------[bucket empty]----------WING

--------------DMID-------DMID---------------

DEFENDER---DEFENDER---DEFENDER--DEFENDER

If you look at that think, jeezus, how does linkup play in the midfield work?

The short answer is, it doesn't.

Bunker Bucket Ball involves sitting back and soaking up pressure and looking for breaks on the wing to counter (or more often, lumping up aimless balls to the forwards.)

It's absolutely mind numbing to watch at times... Right up there with Pulis ball.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 23:15 - Oct 3 with 1474 viewsGlyn1

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:58 - Oct 3 by BellinghamWhiff

He has a few handles....

"Bunker Bob"

"RoboBob"

"Bobby Buckets"

I prefer the last one... it speaks to his favourite tactical formation - AKA the "Empty Bucket".

If you like parking the bus with two D-mids in full bunker mode, no central creative mids, two wings and two forwards, living and dying by the occasional counter attack, then Bobby Buckets is your guy...

Bunker Bucket Ball involves sitting back and soaking up pressure and looking for breaks on the wing to counter (or more often, lumping up aimless balls to the forwards.)

It's absolutely mind numbing to watch at times... Right up there with Pulis ball.

So Bob is going to have our back four kicking long balls up to our wingers who in turn kick long balls for Baston and/or Llorente to try to head. Bloody f*king terrific. We'll be the new Stoke except that they are now an attractive team with an actual passing game.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 23:32 - Oct 3 with 1446 viewsBellinghamWhiff

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 23:15 - Oct 3 by Glyn1

So Bob is going to have our back four kicking long balls up to our wingers who in turn kick long balls for Baston and/or Llorente to try to head. Bloody f*king terrific. We'll be the new Stoke except that they are now an attractive team with an actual passing game.

True story.

I've seen it from Bob many times with the US team, and it was shite then.

It was compounded by the fact that he rarely (if ever) made in-game adjustments.

There's plenty out there on Bobby and his bucket... just need to work the google.

http://bfy.tw/80kZ
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 23:38 - Oct 3 with 1430 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Unbelievably there are some on here happy with this.........................................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 00:04 - Oct 4 with 1393 viewsSmellyplumz

He has a few handles....

"Bunker Bob"

"RoboBob"

"Bobby Buckets"

FFS... Great!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 00:33 - Oct 4 with 1369 viewsjasper_T

He has a few handles....

"Bunker Bob"

"RoboBob"

"Bobby Buckets"

If his player recruitment wasn't enough, here's more proof that Huw Jenkins fcking hates "the Swansea Way (rip)".
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 00:49 - Oct 4 with 1357 viewsJackFish

23rd best manager in the world... highest level managed in 20+ year career: French second division. Yeah sure.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 00:51 - Oct 4 with 1354 viewsSwansNZ

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 00:49 - Oct 4 by JackFish

23rd best manager in the world... highest level managed in 20+ year career: French second division. Yeah sure.

We're just so lucky to have him, or something.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:34 - Oct 4 with 1189 viewsBellinghamWhiff

The empty bucket is a fairly simple tactical formation to plan for, so he better have some plan B's and C's. Most any other manager in the league should be able to prepare for it but comes down to how well and disciplined the players execute it.

It won't be fun to watch but it can be tough to beat.

Based on his time in charge with the US, he almost never made in-game tactical adjustments.

That will not fly in the prem - some teams will unlock it and he will have to adjust, or it will all end in tears.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:40 - Oct 4 with 1179 viewsLeonisGod

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 00:33 - Oct 4 by jasper_T

If his player recruitment wasn't enough, here's more proof that Huw Jenkins fcking hates "the Swansea Way (rip)".

I wouldn't call an anonymous post on a message board proof. Let's just see. That formation with Siggy instead of a second striker is what most of us on here would pick if everyone was fit.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:50 - Oct 4 with 1153 viewsBellinghamWhiff

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:40 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

I wouldn't call an anonymous post on a message board proof. Let's just see. That formation with Siggy instead of a second striker is what most of us on here would pick if everyone was fit.

I didn't see any Le Havre matches with Bob in charge, but I've seen reports he had Le Havre switching back and forth between a 4-3-3 and the 4-4-2 empty bucket, with better success in his latter "empty bucket" signature formation.

It will take some plums to trot out a 4-4-2 consistently in the prem, to be sure.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 22:53]
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 06:35 - Oct 5 with 1015 viewsjack247

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:40 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

Really? That formation will be beaten every time at this level. Teams will know we have next to no chance of scoring and will just play slightly higher up, press and probe until they score.

There would be no point even playing Siggy in that formation, he would have no one to link with. It would be Montero and Barrow, Llorente and Baston
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 07:16 - Oct 5 with 998 viewsshandyjack

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:50 - Oct 4 by BellinghamWhiff

I didn't see any Le Havre matches with Bob in charge, but I've seen reports he had Le Havre switching back and forth between a 4-3-3 and the 4-4-2 empty bucket, with better success in his latter "empty bucket" signature formation.

It will take some plums to trot out a 4-4-2 consistently in the prem, to be sure.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 22:53]

yep, Leicester really struggled last year with 4-4-2(Note: not that i'm a big fan of it)

Poll: Expectation for the season

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 07:25 - Oct 5 with 994 viewsstAteSwan

Bradley's tactics were often a mess with the USMNT, and the Empty Bucket 4-4-2 was a preferred style, however that US Team did not have much success in any other system because they were out talented a ton in International matches, especially in the midfield. Playing a more defensive style was often the best way to allow the club to succeed. Even when Bradley left, it took Klinsmann a long time to get out of that style, and there some painful results while they worked out of it.

I'm not sure this relates to Swansea though because he's got access to better midfielders here than he ever had with the US. I wouldn't expect to see much 4-4-2 here.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 07:47 - Oct 5 with 968 viewsstAteSwan

Believing that the entire Swansea Way became magically eroded because of the single hire of Bob Bradley based off a post on an internet fan forum over his tactics is a foolish way to go about things.

Bradley remains an incredibly divisive figure among fans in the United States. There are people in the US today who believe he was the single worst thing that ever happened to the National Team, and wanted him fired before he managed a match. They hate his tactics, will always hate his tactics, and will forever assume that he will always use those tactics because he knows nothing else.

There are others within the US who literally still worship the ground the man walks on, and believe him to be the greatest coach in the history of the US national team, and want that crazy German fired and him brought back on.

Neither side really can offer you an ample understanding of who Bob Bradley is. Ultimately, they are always going to view what he does based off their original beliefs of the man. The reality is, there's zero coverage of the Norwegian League or the French 2nd Division in the United States, so none of us really know what he did tactically for either club, and can only base our theories based off of what we hear out of French Media, which is sort of like getting all your Premier League news from The Mirror.

Will Swansea be more direct under Bradley? Almost certainly, yes. Does that mean they are going to turn into Tony Pullis? Probably not.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 12:13 - Oct 5 with 911 viewsyescomeon

Isn't bucket the exact tactics Leicester used to win the league, last season. Can't see us playing that given our crap wingers. Given he says he is adaptable, I would us to carry on in the Guidolin mode, maybe with more direct passing.

Upthecity!

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 12:22 - Oct 5 with 901 viewsjack247

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 12:13 - Oct 5 by yescomeon

Isn't bucket the exact tactics Leicester used to win the league, last season. Can't see us playing that given our crap wingers. Given he says he is adaptable, I would us to carry on in the Guidolin mode, maybe with more direct passing.

He is going to face the exact same problem Guidolin did. We don't really have a set of players suited to a particular style. Some of them (Gylfi, Leon,Routledge, Rangel, Dyer, Fulton, arguably Fer and Naughton) are suited to our old way, most of the others are either suited to more direct football, or aren't up to either. He is going to have to find a way of getting the best out of them. It's not an easy task for him
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 12:27 - Oct 5 with 897 viewsyescomeon

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 12:22 - Oct 5 by jack247

He is going to face the exact same problem Guidolin did. We don't really have a set of players suited to a particular style. Some of them (Gylfi, Leon,Routledge, Rangel, Dyer, Fulton, arguably Fer and Naughton) are suited to our old way, most of the others are either suited to more direct football, or aren't up to either. He is going to have to find a way of getting the best out of them. It's not an easy task for him

Rather him than me, that's for sure.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024