Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for our American posters 15:45 - Dec 4 with 3969 viewsVetchfielder

UK companies have to submit an Annual Return (recently re-named a Confirmation Statement) and in these documents we have been able to see who owns shares in Swansea City Football Club. We can see these documents on a public website run by a Government body called Companies House. These documents have to be submitted by every Limited Company.

Our parent company is Swansea City Football 2002 Limited and the recently submitted Confirmation Statement shows that an American Company - Swansea Football LLC - holds around 67% of the shares in the football club.

The question is does the US have a comparable document that needs to published by each LLC that will show the shareholding in the American company that now owns our most of the club's shares?

It seems like there is still is still doubt as to who actually owns our club and I'm wondering if that information is freely available to public as it is in the UK.

Proud to have been one of the 231

A question for our American posters on 16:29 - Dec 4 with 3920 viewsdobjack2

If as I believe a Delaware based company is the owning vehicle then that information will not be available.
A question for our American posters on 16:55 - Dec 4 with 3873 viewsPozuelosSideys

Try the SEC website mate, that may be a decent starting point

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

A question for our American posters on 17:04 - Dec 4 with 3836 views3swan

Not who the owners are, but advertising that they did a good job, maybe they should be done under the trade descriptions act

https://www.fladgate.com/2016/06/fladgate-leads-sale-majority-stake-swansea-city
A question for our American posters on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 3806 viewsVetchfielder

A question for our American posters on 16:29 - Dec 4 by dobjack2

If as I believe a Delaware based company is the owning vehicle then that information will not be available.

Thanks Dobjack,

So are you saying that some states require this information to be published whilst other states don't ?

Is Delaware unusual in not making this information available and therefore do certain companies register in Delaware purely for the purpose of secrecy ?

A question for our American posters on 17:43 - Dec 4 with 3741 viewsdobjack2

A question for our American posters on 17:09 - Dec 4 by Vetchfielder

Thanks Dobjack,

So are you saying that some states require this information to be published whilst other states don't ?

Is Delaware unusual in not making this information available and therefore do certain companies register in Delaware purely for the purpose of secrecy ?

Not from the USA so it's based on internet searches and what I gleaned from the Panama Papers.

I believe that are tax incentives for registering in Delaware as well as anonymity but you can basically hide who owns a company by registering it in Delaware. I am sure that our American posters with the right background could explain this better.

Bottom line is that if their holding vehicle is a Delaware registered company we won't find out who owns it.
A question for our American posters on 17:51 - Dec 4 with 3723 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Thanks Dobjack,

Not sure about secrecy, specifically, but over half the publicly traded corporations (and many private ones, too) in the USA are based out of Delaware for various legal and tax reasons.

I read once that there are over a million Delaware corporations, more than the entire population of the state.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2016 17:57]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A question for our American posters on 17:52 - Dec 4 with 3718 viewsGlyn1

Thanks Dobjack,

The answer to that is YES, Delaware has confidentiality provisions and also a lower rate of tax than other U.S. States, which is why so many U.S. companies are registered there. Think of it as being approximately like a British company registering in the Channel Islands or the Bahamas.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A question for our American posters on 18:01 - Dec 4 with 3689 viewsVetchfielder

Thanks to everybody for the responses - it's much clearer now for me although I'm annoyed that we'll maybe never know who owns us.

Login to get fewer ads

A question for our American posters on 18:46 - Dec 4 with 3619 viewsswan65split

A question for our American posters on 18:01 - Dec 4 by Vetchfielder

Thanks to everybody for the responses - it's much clearer now for me although I'm annoyed that we'll maybe never know who owns us.

would the FL know, as owners cant be involved with 2 clubs? or something like that.
A question for our American posters on 18:50 - Dec 4 with 3602 views3swan

A question for our American posters on 18:46 - Dec 4 by swan65split

would the FL know, as owners cant be involved with 2 clubs? or something like that.

Not sure how true it is, but my memory says that only have to declare if the shareholder owns above a certain %.
A question for our American posters on 19:17 - Dec 4 with 3529 viewsmonmouth

A question for our American posters on 18:46 - Dec 4 by swan65split

As far as it goes Levien and Kaplan are the owners aren't they?

Backers aren't necessarily owners. They may not own any shares in the holding company either. Tax efficient Investment vehicles raise the funds and own the shares with a promise of potential returns. It's a risk but K&L won't want to go back to their 'investors' with an empty bowl. They will find a way to give them a return. May not be as much as the potential upside could have been. That's their entire reason for existing in life, obsessing about money.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A question for our American posters on 19:17 - Dec 4 with 3528 viewsSoberBaker

A question for our American posters on 18:01 - Dec 4 by Vetchfielder

Just been reading your previous posts on this site. You seem to only post on here to gauge interest in certain matters.

Which one of the sharks are you then?

AMOW

A question for our American posters on 19:27 - Dec 4 with 3506 viewsVetchfielder

A question for our American posters on 19:17 - Dec 4 by SoberBaker

Just been reading your previous posts on this site. You seem to only post on here to gauge interest in certain matters.

Which one of the sharks are you then?

I see your point - I have only posted about what I think are important things.

On this particular issue, I only want to know who owns the club - I would have thought most supporters would.

I'm not a shark though, I am not related to any and have never even met any of them.

A question for our American posters on 19:29 - Dec 4 with 3495 viewsDarran

A question for our American posters on 19:27 - Dec 4 by Vetchfielder

On this particular issue, I only want to know who owns the club - I would have thought most supporters would.

I'm not a shark though, I am not related to any and have never even met any of them.

I looked through your posts last week too mate and I must say you're interesting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A question for our American posters on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 3494 viewsSoberBaker

A question for our American posters on 19:27 - Dec 4 by Vetchfielder

Ah. So you're part of the Trust then?

AMOW

A question for our American posters on 20:09 - Dec 4 with 3428 viewsphact0rri

I will say, an 'LLC' in the US is about as dubious and clouded in mystery a company can be. And they form the basis of many rackets and schemes in the US. From laundrying to clouded donations and lobby groups. *grumble grumble, complain complain*

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024