Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone 20:59 - Dec 7 with 19166 viewsDarran

Just saying

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:46 - Dec 7 with 1932 viewsmonmouth

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:41 - Dec 7 by ItchySphincter

See you won't like this but it could be interpreted that you are commenting on the trust with that there statement, if you were snarky like.

I was commenting on absolutely everything. Sad to say I think the Trust has gone too. Remains to be seen, but I think they are done. I'm not actually aiming the blame at them, although with a phrase taken from another thread I think they were asleep at the wheel, but they didn't make millions by deceit and dissembling, and I do believe that the people involved will be doing their best with the information and time that they have.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:47 - Dec 7 with 1929 viewsUxbridge

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:38 - Dec 7 by ItchySphincter

Yeah cos when you say it it's a point of view, when I say it I'm an arse.

Pretty much sums it up. Do something isit? Suppose there's no need when internet dickheads of the likes of Perch have got your back.

Difficult to take that point of view seriously when you're insulting people for disagreeing. Ironically with someone I've fallen out with plenty of times.

I've seen this do something comment more and more. Do what though? Do something for the sake of doing it. Do something without determining if it's the right thing to do. Do something without exploring all other options. And anyway, if the Trust does something to the sellers or buyers, how does that remotely translate to the squad or manager (short of calling for his head, of course). The team being a shambles isn't because the Trust dropped the ball somewhere.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:47 - Dec 7 with 1924 viewsSmellyplumz

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:46 - Dec 7 by airedale

People get tired though, and if you've got a chance of winning the lottery you're gonna take it. Clubs should be owned by the folks.

Really? Just so I get this straight are you sticking up for what they did to our club.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 23:49]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:49 - Dec 7 with 1911 viewsUxbridge

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:46 - Dec 7 by monmouth

I was commenting on absolutely everything. Sad to say I think the Trust has gone too. Remains to be seen, but I think they are done. I'm not actually aiming the blame at them, although with a phrase taken from another thread I think they were asleep at the wheel, but they didn't make millions by deceit and dissembling, and I do believe that the people involved will be doing their best with the information and time that they have.

The Trust retains a 21% stake in what is still a PL club. Whatever else happens, that in itself ensures the Trust continues in the future.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:50 - Dec 7 with 1901 viewsItchySphincter

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:47 - Dec 7 by Uxbridge

Difficult to take that point of view seriously when you're insulting people for disagreeing. Ironically with someone I've fallen out with plenty of times.

I've seen this do something comment more and more. Do what though? Do something for the sake of doing it. Do something without determining if it's the right thing to do. Do something without exploring all other options. And anyway, if the Trust does something to the sellers or buyers, how does that remotely translate to the squad or manager (short of calling for his head, of course). The team being a shambles isn't because the Trust dropped the ball somewhere.

Okay, do f*ck all.

Maybe the Americans will fluke us out of this and heat will go down. Looks like the trust will be looking on whatever.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:52 - Dec 7 with 1891 viewsUxbridge

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:50 - Dec 7 by ItchySphincter

Okay, do f*ck all.

Maybe the Americans will fluke us out of this and heat will go down. Looks like the trust will be looking on whatever.

Time will tell I guess. On all counts.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:54 - Dec 7 with 1872 viewsSmellyplumz

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:49 - Dec 7 by Uxbridge

The Trust retains a 21% stake in what is still a PL club. Whatever else happens, that in itself ensures the Trust continues in the future.

Well I hope you use that nest egg wisely because I can see the membership going down, it's the last tenner I'll be putting in because I've lost all faith in it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:57 - Dec 7 with 1851 viewsmonmouth

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:49 - Dec 7 by Uxbridge

I know, as a pretty much powerless minority shareholder, like just about all 21% shareholders in private companies.

I hope it's more than that, and I certainly don't want you guys to give up, but these f**kers are rapacious corporate tigers, red in tooth and claw. they won't brook interference in their actions. Everything they've done so far screams it.

I just think it's over, much as I'd love that not to be the case. We may get the opportunity to ressurect the model but only if this power play totally fails, and then we're probably stuffed anyway as things would get really bad. The third time I've said it in three days, but if you can pull a rabbit out of the hat you deserve all the laurels that could be bestowed.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 23:58]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:57 - Dec 7 with 1846 viewsItchySphincter

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:52 - Dec 7 by Uxbridge

Time will tell I guess. On all counts.

Hint, hint, rabbit out of the hat. I hope so otherwise it's all been one big lie.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:59 - Dec 7 with 1824 viewsBanosswan

So all dick waving aside, he hasn't gone?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 00:06 - Dec 8 with 1787 viewsItchySphincter

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:59 - Dec 7 by Banosswan

So all dick waving aside, he hasn't gone?

We'll be the last to know.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 00:22 - Dec 8 with 1718 viewsGlyn1

Show some British coolness under pressure, lads. Why should he go when we're not doing so badly? We've got 4 points from the last 3 matches which included away matches against 2 top teams. From a management viewpoint that's not a sackable offence.

With a little bit of luck, he could get 6, 7 or 9 points in the next week or so and be in line to be voted Manager of the Month.

To quote Darran, "Just saying".

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 00:49 - Dec 8 with 1654 viewsSwansNZ

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 00:22 - Dec 8 by Glyn1

Show some British coolness under pressure, lads. Why should he go when we're not doing so badly? We've got 4 points from the last 3 matches which included away matches against 2 top teams. From a management viewpoint that's not a sackable offence.

With a little bit of luck, he could get 6, 7 or 9 points in the next week or so and be in line to be voted Manager of the Month.

Not doing badly?

I wish my expectations were as low as yours.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 01:46 - Dec 8 with 1542 viewsSwanjaxs

Ahhh man keep on smoking the green puff yea 😉 with a little bit of the good old Welsh luck Bob the knob will be going West on a Jumbo Jet back to the good o'l US OF FACKIN A.... Glyn old boyo..... have you seen the table and goal difference 🤔 nos da boyo
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 1:49]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 05:19 - Dec 8 with 1403 viewsKilkennyjack

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 01:46 - Dec 8 by Swanjaxs

Ahhh man keep on smoking the green puff yea 😉 with a little bit of the good old Welsh luck Bob the knob will be going West on a Jumbo Jet back to the good o'l US OF FACKIN A.... Glyn old boyo..... have you seen the table and goal difference 🤔 nos da boyo
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 1:49]

I dont think many managers could beat Bob's points total to date with a poor premiership squad assembled by others. This squad gets you relegated. Who is going score the goals to keep us up ? Yes we shipped far too many goals at Spurs. We have squad deliberately starved of investment - key players went and nobody meaningful came in.

Beware of the Risen People

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 05:45 - Dec 8 with 1378 viewsKilkennyjack

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:47 - Dec 7 by Uxbridge

Not being funny but thats a strange post.
Yes i am a Trust member and i believe in it.

The Trust is our custodian of our club but it failed to safeguard our club. We are now in a place we all thought we would never see again. Not good enough.

If we did not know about the sale then simply why not ? Surely to be an effective custodian the Trust simply has to know such important things. Not good enough.

And now apparently clueless what do - so the Trust sits on its hands and appears to fiddle whilst Rome burns. Not good enough.

We desperately need our Trust now but accepting our fate so passively seems inconsistent with the gravity of the situation.

I am no expert but i would accept the americans approach renders the Trusts previous role redundant. I would sell up and bank my money for the coming rainy day. If the value of my shares has fallen due to the actions of others, i would seek appropriate compensation through the courts.

I would grab communication to fans as a priority and ensure every swans fan understood what this investment has really meant. Get a professional company on the case to get this right.

And decisions to weaken our squad through significant multiple sales and to change managers are things i would expect a healthy Trust to be involved in. Not excluded from as your post suggests.

I remain a member and now is a time for decisions to be made and positive actions to be taken. We need leadership from our Trust.

Beware of the Risen People

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 05:47 - Dec 8 with 1369 viewskarnataka

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 05:19 - Dec 8 by Kilkennyjack

I dont think many managers could beat Bob's points total to date with a poor premiership squad assembled by others. This squad gets you relegated. Who is going score the goals to keep us up ? Yes we shipped far too many goals at Spurs. We have squad deliberately starved of investment - key players went and nobody meaningful came in.

Not sure I'd agree with that, KKJ, I think there are probably dozens of mangers who would have helped us get more points than we have obtained under Bob's g guidance, maybe not a lot more but just a handful of extra points would be enough to keep a few teams below us. And that's really what all this is about. Nearly every single one of our players can play better than they have done and we know this because we've seen them do it so what is needed is a manager who knows how to get the best out of players both individually and collectively at this level
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 06:13 - Dec 8 with 1336 viewswaynekerr55

Can I ask a question?

I know the trust and in particular HC messed up, but why is so much energy being expended on slaughtering the trust?

The full and unequivocal weight of our anger should be directed to Dineen and Jenkins. It was those two utter cūnts who've shat on us and have fúcked the club we all love.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 06:40 - Dec 8 with 1272 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 06:13 - Dec 8 by waynekerr55

Can I ask a question?

I know the trust and in particular HC messed up, but why is so much energy being expended on slaughtering the trust?

The full and unequivocal weight of our anger should be directed to Dineen and Jenkins. It was those two utter cūnts who've shat on us and have fúcked the club we all love.

Only because the trust are still there to be shot at. They've been terribly marginalized by the board for years and the sell outs must be relieved when the trust is taking some of the flack which should solely be reserved for them.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 06:49 - Dec 8 with 1242 viewsStarsky

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:46 - Dec 7 by airedale

People get tired though, and if you've got a chance of winning the lottery you're gonna take it. Clubs should be owned by the folks.

What?
If they got tired, how come they're still there trying have their cake and eat it?

It's just the internet, init.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:17 - Dec 8 with 1162 viewsGowerjack

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 05:45 - Dec 8 by Kilkennyjack

The Trust is our custodian of our club but it failed to safeguard our club. We are now in a place we all thought we would never see again. Not good enough.

If we did not know about the sale then simply why not ? Surely to be an effective custodian the Trust simply has to know such important things. Not good enough.

And now apparently clueless what do - so the Trust sits on its hands and appears to fiddle whilst Rome burns. Not good enough.

We desperately need our Trust now but accepting our fate so passively seems inconsistent with the gravity of the situation.

I am no expert but i would accept the americans approach renders the Trusts previous role redundant. I would sell up and bank my money for the coming rainy day. If the value of my shares has fallen due to the actions of others, i would seek appropriate compensation through the courts.

I would grab communication to fans as a priority and ensure every swans fan understood what this investment has really meant. Get a professional company on the case to get this right.

And decisions to weaken our squad through significant multiple sales and to change managers are things i would expect a healthy Trust to be involved in. Not excluded from as your post suggests.

I remain a member and now is a time for decisions to be made and positive actions to be taken. We need leadership from our Trust.

With regret all true.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:28 - Dec 8 with 1104 viewsDr_Winston

The problem we have here is people demanding things happen without being in full possession of the facts. For what should be obvious reasons not everything can be disclosed, nor should it.

Legal action is the nuclear option. An absolute last resort with the potential to completely drain Trust coffers with no guarantees of success. Then we'd be even further up shit creek. You'd swear some people think winning a case will be a formality.

That's not to say the Trust should be free from criticism. It's been obvious for years that Huw Cooze was far too cozy with the previous incumbents, cozy enough that there will be inevitable suspicion from some quarters about how much he actually knew, and that should have been dealt with long before he eventually jacked it in. Much of the current public perception of the Trust stems from that IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:37 - Dec 8 with 1071 viewsswan65split

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:35 - Dec 7 by monmouth

What's gone? Everything that we thought we were building as a beacon of co-operation and an escape from the usual scummy football club model over a period of fourteen bloody years. Everything that was in any way unique. In short most things that I've held dear about our club. All turned out to be built on a lie by a bunch of liars led by a chief liar.

I thought the days of all the crap we are seeing now, on and off the pitch, had gone.

What he says...........we will never forget, never forgive.
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:53 - Dec 8 with 1001 viewsPhil_S

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 05:45 - Dec 8 by Kilkennyjack

I'll try and answer some of the points - will flit in and out of here through the day but have a few things that have past deadlines to hit (sorry but its always worth clarifying in case people think its disappearing)

Firstly, I genuinely mean thank you for believing. To anyone that pays their tenner and joins up that means much. I can accept people thinking things have been done wrong or that we have our eye of the ball, where I lose interest is when people get personal with it. I'm not replying to that kind of stuff purely as it will only ever result in an argument.

To a few points you have made

There's a couple of things here. I totally agree that to be en effective custodian then we should have known about the sale. However, we should never lose sight of the fact that we didn't was a direct result of the collusion of the remaining 79% of the custodians electing that telling the fans representatives was not a key part of their strategy to make millions. I do accept that maybe some extra vigilance in the boardroom may have made a difference but ultimately what it wouldn't have changed would have been the sale of the club although I do accept it may have changed the structure of that sale.

I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that I disagree but again I do accept why I think you see that. It is far from sitting on its hands but it will appear like that because of the lack of public commentary at all times. On Monday I talked at the AGM about our legal advice and what they told us (the address will be on our website in the next day or so I believe) and where we are seeking extra clarification. The actions though are numerous which include endless discussions with the new owners, legal advisers, legal companies, current incumbents of the football club (we have to retain our governance overview), discussions with potential new partners and basically looking under every stone we can find to look for a solution to what is a mess. A mess created by people who created the JTAK "story"

For the legal side of things we should not make clear our legal position in public until any case is clean and ready to go. I don't want to sound flippant but if you were contemplating suing say a former employer as example I cannot imagine you would write to them first to say "I am thinking of suing you but I'm waiting for my barrister to tell me if I would win first. Just thought I would give you the heads up"

People say it should be clear by now and talk about 9 months to be prepared. It isn't 9 months, the sale took place at the end of July and only then do things become clear as to fully what has happened (which includes the transfer of the voting rights. Nookiejack talks on here about what we should be doing, I know for a fact that Dai Little has engaged with him to understand this and we are working with his information as well as that of others.

The communication part is spot on. I won't argue with that and the message should be getting wider but we do need people to help on this. We - as I mentioned again at the AGM although I think it was in relation to a question rather than in the address (incidentally the length of the Q&A is what is delaying us adding the address to our site as we want to capture this part too) that we have engaged with a PR company on that side of things.

Landore Jack has referred to us refusing to talk to Sky Sports that part is not true, Sky Sports were interested in speaking to us further but they only really want to cover that if we take the legal route, the "boring" stuff is not something they are as keen on.

Finally on the playing side. I think where Uxbridge was coming from is that the Trust should not suggest new managers (as fans we will all have different views) but we should completely be involved in knowing what the plans are on that front and also what the plans are for strengthening the squad in the transfer window. Stuart and I are working in tandem with each other to make sure that we are involved in those discussions but the challenge is how much of that goes into the public domain but I give you a personal assurance (whatever people think it is worth) that we are doing everything we can to make sure we are involved in that (based on the acceptance that this may not have been the case in the past)

I would ask anyone that has been a member to continue being a member, we are better together and whatever we have done in the past that has made you feel let down, as the 107 people that attended Monday night will I am sure testify we are doing our best to make sure that you don't feel that way in the future.

And if you want to know how much time goes into it then probably just ask Mrs S although she may prefer it that way...

I am sure there are things above that you (and others) will disagree with and will have views on doing things differently but the one thing I will guarantee you of is that as a long term supporter what is happening p*sses me off as much as it does the next man and there is no way I will sit back and watch that happen without doing everything that I can to make it right. And that comes from someone who has the experience of reasonably heavy involvement back in 2001/2 although interestingly then I was not part of the Trust work at that time but more on the action group side that I have just been reading about,

This was intended as a short reply!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:58 - Dec 8 with 978 viewsWatchman

his predecessor was given 7 games

in his 7 games so far we have conceded nearly 3 goals a game

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024