Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whiskey 22:32 - Dec 18 with 13543 viewsstonedroller

While watching us these days a few cans doesn't cut it for me so i've been hitting the whiskey, i found Monkey Shoulder a lovely drink and leaves me so drunk i forget what has happened during the match.

Will i get my rehab paid for by the club because i've got through 4 bottles of the stuff in a month or so?
Whiskey on 20:27 - Dec 19 with 2602 viewslifelong

Penderyn and Chivas Regal are two I enjoy occasionally, either with a cube of ice does it for me.
Whiskey on 21:49 - Dec 19 with 2560 viewswaynekerr55

Whiskey on 20:27 - Dec 19 by lifelong

Penderyn and Chivas Regal are two I enjoy occasionally, either with a cube of ice does it for me.

You do strike me as a "sccchhhaken not schturred" kind of guy 😎😎😎😎

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Whiskey on 21:55 - Dec 19 with 2558 viewsFieryJack

Whiskey on 21:49 - Dec 19 by waynekerr55

You do strike me as a "sccchhhaken not schturred" kind of guy 😎😎😎😎

Penderyn for me as well.

As it happens I am this very minute drinking from one of their very pleasingly shaped glasses.

Sadly, though, being currently a bit hard up, it contains Honeyed Jim Beam.

Sometimes, when I'm mentally strong enough, I go into the local, French-owned, Cocktail Bar to get enraged by the Tory posh knobs. In there, Johnnie Walker Blue Label sells for 20 quid a shot (or is it a double?). Is it really that special?
Whiskey on 22:05 - Dec 19 with 2548 viewsDr_Winston

The Jim Beam maple isn't bad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Whiskey on 22:11 - Dec 19 with 2543 viewsFieryJack

Whiskey on 22:05 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

The Jim Beam maple isn't bad.

Agree with that.

All their flavoured stuff is pretty good.

At 13 quid a bottle you can't go wrong.

Apropos alcohol: It's those poor Siberian folk I feel sorry for. 48 people in one town died over the weekend, unable or too poor to get proper booze, they were drinking a batch of aftershave or something (a common thing out there, apparently) and all were agonizingly poisoned to death with methanol.
Whiskey on 22:31 - Dec 19 with 2527 viewstwintownjack

From an inebriated Connoisseur - Whiskey refers to the Irish kind, whisky (no "e") is from the land of the Glasgow kiss, Wales and Japan. Jamesons chasers with Guinness was my tipple during my 7 years in Baille ath Cliath (Dublin). Bushmills Black label another, you could always tell the quality of your date if she ordered it with red lemonade, no class and a repressed catholic upbringing, recipe for a good weekend. Paddy for weekdays.
PS The Irish exported whiskey, the kilt and bagpipes to Scotland, they just forgot to tell them that the second two were meant as a practical joke.
Whiskey on 22:34 - Dec 19 with 2523 viewstwintownjack

Whiskey on 22:31 - Dec 19 by twintownjack

From an inebriated Connoisseur - Whiskey refers to the Irish kind, whisky (no "e") is from the land of the Glasgow kiss, Wales and Japan. Jamesons chasers with Guinness was my tipple during my 7 years in Baille ath Cliath (Dublin). Bushmills Black label another, you could always tell the quality of your date if she ordered it with red lemonade, no class and a repressed catholic upbringing, recipe for a good weekend. Paddy for weekdays.
PS The Irish exported whiskey, the kilt and bagpipes to Scotland, they just forgot to tell them that the second two were meant as a practical joke.

P.S. Paddy refers to a whiskey, not a donkey jacket wellie wearing stereotype, unless you are really lonely
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 22:35]
Whiskey on 22:39 - Dec 19 with 2518 viewsdickythorpe

Jameson is my favourite in an after dinner coffee.
Login to get fewer ads

Whiskey on 22:50 - Dec 19 with 2514 viewstwintownjack

Whiskey on 22:39 - Dec 19 by dickythorpe

In? Nooooooo! With mun....

I could be a ticket man at Swansea High Street Station
I could be a Swansea fan with thoughts of relegation

What a waste!
Whiskey on 00:04 - Dec 20 with 2491 viewsmalagajack

Whiskey on 22:39 - Dec 19 by dickythorpe

Coffee should never be consumed after lunchtime.
Whiskey on 10:50 - Dec 20 with 2458 viewsProfessor

Whiskey on 21:55 - Dec 19 by FieryJack

Penderyn for me as well.

As it happens I am this very minute drinking from one of their very pleasingly shaped glasses.

Sadly, though, being currently a bit hard up, it contains Honeyed Jim Beam.

Sometimes, when I'm mentally strong enough, I go into the local, French-owned, Cocktail Bar to get enraged by the Tory posh knobs. In there, Johnnie Walker Blue Label sells for 20 quid a shot (or is it a double?). Is it really that special?

Penderyn is nice, but overpriced.
Whiskey on 10:52 - Dec 20 with 2458 viewsProfessor

Whiskey on 15:11 - Dec 19 by monmouth

Ah laphraoig. Yes please.

Not tried the monkey shoulder blended. Black bottle used to be well regarded north of the border 20 years ago but seemingly went tits up in quality at one stage.

Might give the Aldi stuff a shot. Is Lidl any good?

Not tried it myself (not a Lidl near here) but their malts are highly rated-have one several gold medals at wine and spirit awards. Some of their wines are very good, but not as consistent as Aldi.
Whiskey on 10:54 - Dec 20 with 2457 viewsProfessor

Whiskey on 22:31 - Dec 19 by twintownjack

American and Candian whiskeys also tend to use the Irish spelling. Hence I used both variations in a my previous post. Used to drink Irish and indeed better value until Aldi/Lidl arrived on the scene.
Whiskey on 10:55 - Dec 20 with 2457 viewsProfessor

Whiskey on 16:45 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

The choice of champions...

Haig Club and Clubman. A grain whisky produced to be drunk with cola. Not for me, though grain whisky can be nice.
Whiskey on 12:39 - Dec 20 with 2431 viewsdickythorpe

Penderyn "Sherrywood"is put into barrells shipped in from America that once held Jack Daniels.
Anyone tried any of the Japanese Whisky? Massive growth in sales and distillers over there.
Whiskey on 15:42 - Dec 20 with 2402 viewsProfessor

Whiskey on 12:39 - Dec 20 by dickythorpe

Penderyn "Sherrywood"is put into barrells shipped in from America that once held Jack Daniels.
Anyone tried any of the Japanese Whisky? Massive growth in sales and distillers over there.

Would love to-but not cheap enough. Waitrose carry 2 at 36 quid for 500ml and 58 for a full bottle. Most others are over 100 quid.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 15:46]
Whiskey on 15:48 - Dec 20 with 2398 viewsNogginthenog

You're all lucky you can afford a nice drop of whiskey, have thought for the poor people of Irkutsk !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38363441
Whiskey on 21:11 - Dec 20 with 2357 viewsstonedroller

Whiskey on 10:50 - Dec 20 by Professor

i tried it during my spiced rum days and found it a really nice tipple, then i decided to a buy a bottle, saw the price and thought "sod that!" and bought another bottle of sailor jerrys!
Whiskey on 21:42 - Dec 20 with 2337 viewsLohengrin

Whiskey on 10:50 - Dec 20 by Professor

I'm sipping on this as I type.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Whiskey on 21:50 - Dec 20 with 2335 viewswestwiltsjack

Whiskey on 12:39 - Dec 20 by dickythorpe

Someone bought me a bottle of Nikka From The Barrel (Japanese) a couple of years ago for my birthday. I think it was about £50 and at that price I only have the odd nip now and again. It's still going and it's kin yummy. I also have a special edition Grand Slam Penderyn - also a birthday present a few years ago which remains unopened. Have tried their Peated and it's v good.
Whiskey on 13:58 - Dec 21 with 2265 viewsmarchamjack

Lagavulin is my number 1 - smoky, peaty, aromatic, I could just sniff the bottle for ages before drinking it.

Laphroaig close behind

My Japanese neighbour bought me Nikka over the years and very good too.

Cheaper malts like Fettercairn, Old Poultney deserve honourable mentions too.

The Aldi Glen Marnoch range could easily pass for a £30 whiskey too in fairness.

Straight out the bottle for me, alrhough for those who like a small small drop of water that is accepted by even the distillers themselves.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024