Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curt 21:06 - Jan 4 with 39349 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Curt on 22:19 - Jan 4 with 3062 viewsswancity

Best to establish precise facts before getting ones knickers in a twist.

I'm sure that AC will be well looked after. It's essential.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Curt on 22:20 - Jan 4 with 3054 viewsmorningstar

Curt on 22:17 - Jan 4 by Jango

I've no idea how to post a picture on this site.

Type it out then? It'll only take a few mins!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Curt on 22:20 - Jan 4 with 3031 viewsHeadmaster

Curt on 22:19 - Jan 4 by swancity

Best to establish precise facts before getting ones knickers in a twist.

I'm sure that AC will be well looked after. It's essential.

Agreed. Some are already blowing up on twitter about it. People need to get a grip.
Curt on 22:22 - Jan 4 with 2987 viewsattila_the_hun

Curt on 21:29 - Jan 4 by exiledclaseboy

Now who'll take over when Clement is sacked?

bob bradley

"I'm Free"

Curt on 22:25 - Jan 4 with 2891 viewsJango

Ian Curtis
@iantcurtis

I think the old man has just had the boot,
Huw Jenkins txt him this morning.. but shh New will probably break Friday

Ah never, they aren't even gonna keep him on in an ambassador role?

He doesn't want that
Or match day host, going from picking the team to Q&A!

That's the txt doing the rounds.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 23:04]
Curt on 22:27 - Jan 4 with 2850 viewsswan_si

total overreaction, nobody knows any of the facts, but are willing to go off on one, celebrating our win last night didn't last that long before the whinging started again, I'm sure some posters just look for something to have a good moan about, take a pill and chill ffs.
Curt on 22:28 - Jan 4 with 2832 viewsExiledJack

I'm all for Clement having complete control of footballing matters, but can't help feel he's been a bit hasty with this decision, if it was his.

Curtis has done far better in the caretaker role on both occasions than he could have reasonably been expected to, with both an uptick in points gained and vastly improved performances (last night's game was reminiscent of the Arsenal match last season). Clearly he does something right and the response he gets from players in celebrations shows how much they connect with him.

No-one could be better for our club in representing the character and values that the fans hold dear, and I think we saw some of that in our players last night. He needs to be front and center as much as possible as an example of the standards that Swansea City strive for.

Have to re-iterate what many others have said about the club treating Curtis with the respect and dignity that he deserves, and how beyond the pale it will be if they haven't done so. What is for certain is that this is a PR/fans relations own goal already, leaking in the way that it has.
Curt on 22:32 - Jan 4 with 2740 viewsMurph75

Curt on 22:25 - Jan 4 by Jango

Ian Curtis
@iantcurtis

He doesn't want that

Ground breaking.
Login to get fewer ads

Curt on 22:33 - Jan 4 with 2707 viewsstevethejack

Curt on 21:36 - Jan 4 by Ferryjack

Fantastic player, legend, brilliant guy who is always willing to chat to young & old, a person I think who would be outstanding doing the same as trundle. I think it is time for a new manager to pick his own staff without jenkins having a say.

Something that will stay with me a very long time regarding Curt:

Last game of the 2013-2014 PL season away at Sunderland. I got into Newcastle airport straight after the game. Obviously I went straight to the bar in the departure lounge. I was there for 10 minutes and in walk the whole SCFC squad. Curt clocks my Swans shirt and asks me if he can join me and my table, of course I say 'Yes'. We have a chat how things have changed for the Swans with them flying to pretty much every game, rather than long bus journeys.

I ask him if he would mind speaking with my mate Andy on my phone, who was still in Sunderland as he was a big fan of his. AC said yes straight away. He phones Andy and asks him about his weekend (before saying who he was), chatting away, then reveals his identity. Gobsmacked was Andy, and they have more of a chat, before Andy's signal is lost, and the call ends. Andy rings me back to ask me to give Curt a hug on his behalf. I tell AC this and we both have a laugh. Minutes later, the SCFC entourage are called away to their private jet.

A complete legend. I hope the club give him a cushy role in the hospitality side as he would be the most amazing match day host.
Curt on 22:36 - Jan 4 with 2642 viewsmorningstar

Ian Curtis
@iantcurtis

He doesn't want that

The reaction of "Ah never, they aren't even gonna keep him on in an ambassador role? " Leads me to believe that's a crock of sh!t!

Curt on 22:36 - Jan 4 with 2640 viewsSwansea93

A Swansea City spokesman said: “Paul Clement is in the process of finalising his coaching set-up and nothing has been decided yet,”

“Whatever is decided, Alan Curtis will have a prominent role within the club going forward.”

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Curt on 22:36 - Jan 4 with 2629 viewsQuincy999

I'm stunned if this is true. The board ahould be counting their blessings that they have someone like Alan Curtis. Surely, if nothing else have him training the U18's. The kids would have nothing but respect for him. After all he has shown he can manage.
Curt on 22:40 - Jan 4 with 2536 viewsskippyjack

Ahh diddums.. multi million pound Alan Curtis has got the boot..

I feel so sorry for him

Tough sh*t Alan, that's life unfortunately!

have you all considered queuing for the Dr's?.. you all clearly need some form of 'help'.

But i'm giving up with the world anyway.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Curt on 22:41 - Jan 4 with 2519 viewsSkettyJack

Ian Curtis
@iantcurtis

He doesn't want that

That isn't Ian Curtis twitter profile name. Even Huw has more class than that, surely?

OK maybe not 🤔
Curt on 22:42 - Jan 4 with 2505 viewsQuincy999

Curt on 22:40 - Jan 4 by skippyjack

I feel so sorry for him

have you all considered queuing for the Dr's?.. you all clearly need some form of 'help'.

He's a multi millionaire then is he? If so he must have been working the stock market in his spare time.
Curt on 22:42 - Jan 4 with 2489 viewsJango

Curt on 22:36 - Jan 4 by morningstar

The reaction of "Ah never, they aren't even gonna keep him on in an ambassador role? " Leads me to believe that's a crock of sh!t!

Well I can only write what's on the txt.
Curt on 22:42 - Jan 4 with 2469 viewsPrivate_Partz

Curt on 22:28 - Jan 4 by ExiledJack

I'm all for Clement having complete control of footballing matters, but can't help feel he's been a bit hasty with this decision, if it was his.

Curtis has done far better in the caretaker role on both occasions than he could have reasonably been expected to, with both an uptick in points gained and vastly improved performances (last night's game was reminiscent of the Arsenal match last season). Clearly he does something right and the response he gets from players in celebrations shows how much they connect with him.

No-one could be better for our club in representing the character and values that the fans hold dear, and I think we saw some of that in our players last night. He needs to be front and center as much as possible as an example of the standards that Swansea City strive for.

Have to re-iterate what many others have said about the club treating Curtis with the respect and dignity that he deserves, and how beyond the pale it will be if they haven't done so. What is for certain is that this is a PR/fans relations own goal already, leaking in the way that it has.

I seem to recall that when Curt has been employed on a non playing role with the club it has not always been on first team duty. He has held a number of posts. He has been sacked on a couple of occasions and worked for a sports clothing company.
My issue is the possiblilty that Jenkins has gone about it all the wrong way again with a txt message. I hope he has been offered an ambassadorial role or second string training role. I know he has worked with the younger playing squads in the past.
If Clem wants his own staff then I think it is encouraging that he is being given free reign and I hope this continues on the player recruitment side as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Curt on 22:44 - Jan 4 with 2433 viewsLandore_Jack

I feel so sorry for him

A bit harsh on Curtis. The bloke is a Swans legend. Should be treated with respect.

#backtojack

Curt on 22:44 - Jan 4 with 2424 viewsharryhpalmer

Curt on 22:36 - Jan 4 by Quincy999

I'm stunned if this is true. The board ahould be counting their blessings that they have someone like Alan Curtis. Surely, if nothing else have him training the U18's. The kids would have nothing but respect for him. After all he has shown he can manage.

from working with the first team to an under 18 role?

That's a kick in the proverbials too!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Curt on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 2402 viewsJango

Curt on 22:41 - Jan 4 by SkettyJack

That isn't Ian Curtis twitter profile name. Even Huw has more class than that, surely?

OK maybe not 🤔

It's not Twitter, it's a private txt that's been leaked
Curt on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 2400 viewssomersetsimon

Curt on 22:36 - Jan 4 by Swansea93

A Swansea City spokesman said: “Paul Clement is in the process of finalising his coaching set-up and nothing has been decided yet,”

“Whatever is decided, Alan Curtis will have a prominent role within the club going forward.”

It would seem daft for Clement not to make use of Curtis until the end of the season at least. He's the only one there with a football brain who knows anything about the current players. Clement doesn't have the luxury of time to get to know them.
Curt on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 2400 viewsPrince

Are people forgetting Curtis was only appointed a first team coach in 2012 under Laudrup ?

Rodgers didn't have him as a first team coach, think he was head of development or something ?
Curt on 22:46 - Jan 4 with 2395 viewsmajorraglan

I would totally understand Paul Clement wanting to bring in his own coaching team. AC is a club legend and I would have thought there was a role for him somewhere around the first team, but it is what it is. He would be fantastic as a club ambassador or other forward facing role.

What concerns me are the suggestions that the communication(s) have been via text. If that is the case then it's terrible, and no doubt will further stoke the flames of discontent amongst the fans.
Curt on 22:46 - Jan 4 with 2374 viewsmorningstar

I feel so sorry for him

"multi million pound Alan Curtis" ?

Curt on 22:48 - Jan 4 with 2326 viewsmorningstar

Curt on 22:45 - Jan 4 by Jango

It's not Twitter, it's a private txt that's been leaked

Ye, sure it is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024