Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread 12:43 - Jan 11 with 28972 viewsjackharris

Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC
Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea, UK SA12FA
Saturday January 14th 2017, at 3pm
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 13:31]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 14 with 1418 viewsAnotherJohn

We started well enough, but a combination of bad luck and our usual lack of quality saw us well beaten. This transfer window is the last throw of the dice and we still have it all to do in terms of signings that might save us. The three we have lined up will only help at the margin. If the owners want to stay up they will have to lay out a lot more than 3 x £5m.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 14 with 1417 viewsQuincy999

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

No offence but you think he'd have returned?

Celtic - far easier job. At most two tricky domestic league games. Deep cup runs. Permanently qualify for europe. More money.

Swansea - keep you up in a relegation battle.

From what i heard he was willing to come back for the right money.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 14 with 1414 viewsKulusBeatFactory

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course it is all iffs and buts. But today he dragged Burnley to a huge win.

I'd have brought him in and given him the armband whenever he played. If he wants to tell Naughton or anyone else to fu*k off and threaten him every time he chickens out of a challenge then great. It is what we need.

Players can make cowardly decisions all game with no repercussions because there is nobody on the pitch to hold them accountable.

agreed - we desperately need a Barton-esque CM General
N/A. on 17:16 - Jan 14 with 1390 viewsHuw57

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 14 by Quincy999

From what i heard he was willing to come back for the right money.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 2:50]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 14 with 1378 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 14 by KulusBeatFactory

Remember how Ash would sprint half the pitch just to swear in Montero's face whenever he didn't track back? There is no one in the squad who takes responsibility any more. None have that sort of attitude.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 14 with 1373 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course it is all iffs and buts. But today he dragged Burnley to a huge win.

I'd have brought him in and given him the armband whenever he played. If he wants to tell Naughton or anyone else to fu*k off and threaten him every time he chickens out of a challenge then great. It is what we need.

Players can make cowardly decisions all game with no repercussions because there is nobody on the pitch to hold them accountable.

One game though, small sample size being fair. Against us in the Champ he was fairly poor, didn't move beyond a ten yard area.

I fully agree with your accountability point. You lack leadership, definitely and that's why confidence inside your squad has dropped so dramatically.

What you need imo is another Bodde, Someone getting stuck in, motivating by their actions on the pitch.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 14 with 1367 viewsQuincy999

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 14 by KulusBeatFactory

I'm not entirely convinced barton would be the right man but i think some of our players need to be challeged more on the field by their team mates when they are clearly not giving 100%
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 14 with 1338 viewsKulusBeatFactory

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 14 by Quincy999

I'm not entirely convinced barton would be the right man but i think some of our players need to be challeged more on the field by their team mates when they are clearly not giving 100%

clearly not Barton as he is elsewhere - Barton-esque
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 14 with 1334 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

One game though, small sample size being fair. Against us in the Champ he was fairly poor, didn't move beyond a ten yard area.

I fully agree with your accountability point. You lack leadership, definitely and that's why confidence inside your squad has dropped so dramatically.

What you need imo is another Bodde, Someone getting stuck in, motivating by their actions on the pitch.

Oh come on. He was arguably the best midfielder in The Championship last season, being named in the team of the year. One fairly poor game against you is a small sample size too.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:21 - Jan 14 with 1325 viewsblueytheblue

N/A. on 17:16 - Jan 14 by Huw57

N/A.

Find that very difficult to believe. Rodgers has always been about his bleached teeth image.

Joined you at a good time after his previous managerial stints had been poor. Made his name getting you up and in the Prem. Liverpool, did well in some ways, had good chance to win title and didn't - had lost some of the dressing room.

Would his ego have felt he could easily have kept you up, taken you on ( the harder job ) or would his ego have wanted the Celtic job, more glamorous and also incredibly easier?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:21 - Jan 14 with 1315 viewsQuincy999

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 14 by KulusBeatFactory

clearly not Barton as he is elsewhere - Barton-esque

I know, sorry didn't read your post properly.
N/A. on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 1278 viewsHuw57

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:21 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Find that very difficult to believe. Rodgers has always been about his bleached teeth image.

Joined you at a good time after his previous managerial stints had been poor. Made his name getting you up and in the Prem. Liverpool, did well in some ways, had good chance to win title and didn't - had lost some of the dressing room.

Would his ego have felt he could easily have kept you up, taken you on ( the harder job ) or would his ego have wanted the Celtic job, more glamorous and also incredibly easier?

N/A.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 1276 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh come on. He was arguably the best midfielder in The Championship last season, being named in the team of the year. One fairly poor game against you is a small sample size too.

Indeed - in the Champ he had good games, he also had bad games. Was he consistent enough to deserve being on team of the year or was he n their based upon his name status?

Think it's also safe to say Dyche is someone Barton wouldn't want to f*ck around with, so Barton would have incentive to behave.

Let's also not forget Barton turned Burnley down to go to Rangers citing that he "wanted new challenge". A new challenge against inferior opposition ( Celtic excepted ) on higher wages. He's a mercenary. Can lead, sure but would you fully trust him?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 1262 viewsblueytheblue

N/A. on 17:24 - Jan 14 by Huw57

N/A.

That would be a major surprise. Getting possibly relegated would tarnish his "bright young manager" image.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 14 with 1257 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Indeed - in the Champ he had good games, he also had bad games. Was he consistent enough to deserve being on team of the year or was he n their based upon his name status?

Think it's also safe to say Dyche is someone Barton wouldn't want to f*ck around with, so Barton would have incentive to behave.

Let's also not forget Barton turned Burnley down to go to Rangers citing that he "wanted new challenge". A new challenge against inferior opposition ( Celtic excepted ) on higher wages. He's a mercenary. Can lead, sure but would you fully trust him?

I wouldn't trust any footballer to do a good job. I'd have more confidence today if I saw the same lineup but with Barton in midfield instead of Cork though. Even if he did only manage to play for 60 minutes.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:29 - Jan 14 with 1560 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wouldn't trust any footballer to do a good job. I'd have more confidence today if I saw the same lineup but with Barton in midfield instead of Cork though. Even if he did only manage to play for 60 minutes.

Not disagreeing on that point - Cork's poor performances have really surprised me, always liked the look of him at Southampton.

You definitely need a leader in midfield, a ball winner hell even someone willing to hack down when required - I firmly believe sides need that spine down the center. Don't believe Barton is that person, but there's bound to be someone you can get in capable of doing that role.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 1548 viewsKulusBeatFactory

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As Barton is unavailable - who could we get in the same vein ?
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:33 - Jan 14 with 1530 viewsjacksfullaces

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 14 by KulusBeatFactory

As Barton is unavailable - who could we get in the same vein ?

let me know if you get any solutions rather than hindsight or could haves/should haves
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:36 - Jan 14 with 1512 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 by icecoldjack

Laudrup was telling us this 2 yrs ago.

Huw thought he knew better and plenty of fans were happy to side with him . Most sensible people could see how our path would go. Monk and his clique,monk the pet manager of huw, huw s lucky dip signings, club coffers being inflated to get ready for sale, quick sale to yanks,yank consultants,yank manager followed by a quick re dress and relegation from the top table.

The most staggering mis management of a business ever seen,all that needed to happen was a steady hand and sound investment as and when needed .

No wonder tutu wanted to give Jenkins a slap.

Pray for a miracle guys but the show is pretty much over.

Sorry, but I don't believe a word of that. Laudrup could have whinged all he liked, but we'renot Man C. We're not Chelsea. We can't afford to compete financially. We have to try to build a squad on the cheap (
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 14 with 1502 viewsQuincy999

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:33 - Jan 14 by jacksfullaces

let me know if you get any solutions rather than hindsight or could haves/should haves

It's a bit unfair asking individual fans to come up with solutions. Swansea are £150 million business and have a gaggle of scouts that are meant to be the experts.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:38 - Jan 14 with 1489 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:36 - Jan 14 by LeonWasGod

Sorry, but I don't believe a word of that. Laudrup could have whinged all he liked, but we'renot Man C. We're not Chelsea. We can't afford to compete financially. We have to try to build a squad on the cheap (

Weren't your signings under Laudrup fairly cheap(ish)?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 14 with 1464 viewsKulusBeatFactory

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:33 - Jan 14 by jacksfullaces

seems like ur on the back foot today - instead of pissing from the outside in, have a go yourself hey
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:59 - Jan 14 with 1360 viewscrix

why the fvck people are talking about Brenda and laudrup is beyond me, they are long gone jeez give it up already. guidolin I accept as a conversation as hes relevant to this season.

on a different note despite what some are saying here that was a vastly improved performance despite what the score suggests. when you consider we have the worst defence in the league and they are the highest goal scorers away from home it gives a little perspective. not that that's an excuse but we were incredibly unlucky with some of those goals and when your down the bottom that's the kind of shit that happens unfortunately.
I'm not sure if we will survive as I think the damage was done well and truly over the past few months, but at least today I could see a different team and as long as we put in the same performances as today we will get wins there is no doubt about that.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 1346 viewsjacksfullaces

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 14 by KulusBeatFactory

seems like ur on the back foot today - instead of pissing from the outside in, have a go yourself hey

not quite sure what you mean?

I am no expert hence my question, but to be fair, the question wasn't directed to you but the person you were talking to, who is keen to always deconstruct the team without offering a realistic strategy forward.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 14 with 1302 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:36 - Jan 14 by LeonWasGod

Didn't Laudrup build a cheap team ? One that won a cup and got us Europa league ?

Surely his way of small squad high quality was the way forward ? How many millions are spent paying the wages of rubbish players at scfc ?

As much as I love rangel,routs,leon,taylor and dyer they should have been phased out years ago, when somebody tried to do it all he'll broke loose and the wrong clique won. Supported by the insane huw Jenkins.

Anyway? Spilt milk . Clement is a good coach I'd take relegation for a long term plan with a fresh approach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024