Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread 12:43 - Jan 11 with 29079 viewsjackharris

Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC
Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea, UK SA12FA
Saturday January 14th 2017, at 3pm
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 13:31]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:51 - Jan 14 with 1929 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We could have done with picking up Joey Barton.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:54 - Jan 14 with 1885 viewsphact0rri

its morning here, and I've decided to go ahead and plunge some bourbon into the coffee... I will console myself in the belief we are just saving up the karma for a shock win next weekend... and the bourbon obviously.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:54 - Jan 14 with 1874 viewsA_Fans_Dad

McBurnie as good as any other player today, that cross what really good.
Sigi not at the races.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:55 - Jan 14 with 1839 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:48 - Jan 14 by jacksfullaces

too early for the blame game yet ..

but bradley had a better debut against Arsenal .. away

and Guidolin had set us up not to be steamrollered by these teams and show a bit of bite on the break

maybe Guidolin was making the best with what he had ..

Curtis 1 win from 2 matches probably looking to be our most successful manager this season

Sacking Guidolin was an act of monumental fûcking stupidity.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 14 with 1818 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:51 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We could have done with picking up Joey Barton.

Agree with you there Dwight.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 1782 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:49 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well the Hull manager is doing alright with a rubbish group of players and he is only two games in.

Who would have thought that the man with extensive experience and success as a manager is out performing the man with who was sacked from his one job as a manager and has been an assistant manager unable to get a Premier League job for years before we came begging.

As I say, judging any manager this early on is naive. Silva could lose the next few games at Hull for all we know, and then the story will have changed. It's far too early to say.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 1778 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:55 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

And the way we did it means we deserve to go down imo.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 with 1726 viewsQuincy999

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:55 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

Not getting Brendan back when we had the chance i think was our worst mistake.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 with 1721 viewsstAteSwan

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 14 by Headmaster

As I say, judging any manager this early on is naive. Silva could lose the next few games at Hull for all we know, and then the story will have changed. It's far too early to say.

I'm not ready to judge Silva based off a Hull win over Bournemouth. I think it's very likely they can stay up, but that might be more down to how poor us, Sunderland, and Palace are more than how quality of a side Hull is.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 with 1721 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:33 - Jan 14 by jackportis

From 1 to 11 the players are division 1 standard. This is an example of 2 years under development in a business. As a result revenues will drop. Very poor example of a business model run by conk nose

Laudrup was telling us this 2 yrs ago.

Huw thought he knew better and plenty of fans were happy to side with him . Most sensible people could see how our path would go. Monk and his clique,monk the pet manager of huw, huw s lucky dip signings, club coffers being inflated to get ready for sale, quick sale to yanks,yank consultants,yank manager followed by a quick re dress and relegation from the top table.

The most staggering mis management of a business ever seen,all that needed to happen was a steady hand and sound investment as and when needed .

No wonder tutu wanted to give Jenkins a slap.

Pray for a miracle guys but the show is pretty much over.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 14 with 1708 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 14 by magicdaps10

Agree with you there Dwight.

Not convinced.

Can be a cancer in the dressing room - in a side woefully short of confidence, would he boost that or piss so many people off it gets even worse?

I'd say you need to get an organiser in at CB. A no nonsense ball winning midfielder in. Get that spine of the team sorted. Work at becoming difficult to score against, shore the defence up first.

EDIT: What's most important though is getting the confidence of the players you have back. Some of your players you may not rate, get them to overperform you should be ok.
It's not going to get resolved in one, two games though.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 17:01]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:01 - Jan 14 with 1679 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 by Quincy999

All goes back to concentrating on the share sale and personal profits over the needs of the football club
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 14 with 1642 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Not convinced.

Can be a cancer in the dressing room - in a side woefully short of confidence, would he boost that or piss so many people off it gets even worse?

I'd say you need to get an organiser in at CB. A no nonsense ball winning midfielder in. Get that spine of the team sorted. Work at becoming difficult to score against, shore the defence up first.

EDIT: What's most important though is getting the confidence of the players you have back. Some of your players you may not rate, get them to overperform you should be ok.

He would be the leader we desperately need. Reading a few brief reports from Turf Moor, he was great today in their win against Southampton too.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1631 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 by Quincy999

Agree
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1625 viewsblueytheblue

No offence but you think he'd have returned?

Celtic - far easier job. At most two tricky domestic league games. Deep cup runs. Permanently qualify for europe. More money.

Swansea - keep you up in a relegation battle.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1610 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

But some precious little flowers are still upset that Brendan left them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1615 viewsBoyd

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:49 - Jan 14 by Quincy999

Good manager can command respect straight away and give the side a lift just by their presence and personality. We haven't got the time for a rookie manager who's going to take 6 months to work out how and who we should play.

Too early to judge Clement for sure but 2 games played, no goals scored and six conceded couldn't possibly have been a worse start. Just hope we haven't missed a trick with this Hull fella, early days but an instant impact and 2 wins from 2 with a thin, weak squad is hugely impressive.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:04 - Jan 14 with 1604 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 14 by icecoldjack

Laudrup was telling us this 2 yrs ago.

Huw thought he knew better and plenty of fans were happy to side with him . Most sensible people could see how our path would go. Monk and his clique,monk the pet manager of huw, huw s lucky dip signings, club coffers being inflated to get ready for sale, quick sale to yanks,yank consultants,yank manager followed by a quick re dress and relegation from the top table.

The most staggering mis management of a business ever seen,all that needed to happen was a steady hand and sound investment as and when needed .

No wonder tutu wanted to give Jenkins a slap.

Pray for a miracle guys but the show is pretty much over.

Good post. Pity most of the fans in the stadium can't see it.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 14 with 1582 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Not convinced.

Cant do any worse that what we have at present.

His trouble is despite what he believes, he is too dull to channel his passion.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 14 with 1548 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He would be the leader we desperately need. Reading a few brief reports from Turf Moor, he was great today in their win against Southampton too.

Would he? Would he motivate or would there be another training ground fight, like at Rangers?

At 34, would he play the entire season? Doubtful, his legs are going. Might raise himself for the odd game but consistently? Let's not forget he's not been in the Prem for a few seasons too.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 1532 viewsJango

So we're blaming the manager already. Half hour into the game the same posters were saying how much better we were. Idiots
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 14 with 1500 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 by Boyd

Too early to judge Clement for sure but 2 games played, no goals scored and six conceded couldn't possibly have been a worse start. Just hope we haven't missed a trick with this Hull fella, early days but an instant impact and 2 wins from 2 with a thin, weak squad is hugely impressive.

Again, the damage Bobo the clown did isn't going to get resolved in two games.

From what I saw, there were promising signs first half. Second half, some bad luck and Arsenal going into another gear. It's not going to be easy but you're one point off safety.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 1489 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Would he? Would he motivate or would there be another training ground fight, like at Rangers?

At 34, would he play the entire season? Doubtful, his legs are going. Might raise himself for the odd game but consistently? Let's not forget he's not been in the Prem for a few seasons too.

Of course it is all iffs and buts. But today he dragged Burnley to a huge win.

I'd have brought him in and given him the armband whenever he played. If he wants to tell Naughton or anyone else to fu*k off and threaten him every time he chickens out of a challenge then great. It is what we need.

Players can make cowardly decisions all game with no repercussions because there is nobody on the pitch to hold them accountable.

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 14 with 1465 viewsDanWelsh86

He's only been in the job for 2 games, one of which was a cup game we didn't want to be in.

Anyone can see how much better we were today, when compared to Bob's reign. The team had shape and we actually created chances.

Conceding 2 own goals is a nightmare but there's a lot of work to be done. Especially when it comes to the defence, and providing support to the strikers.

Paul should have been in from the start, or Guidolin shouldn't have been sacked. It was clear how out of his depth he was, and that will take time to fix.

So lets get behind the team, instead of being negative Nancys all the time.
The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 14 with 1462 viewsQuincy999

The Official Swansea City Versus Arsenal FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But some precious little flowers are still upset that Brendan left them.

I have no problem with the manager and player's having ambition. The american's when they came in said that they don't want want players who see us as a stepping stone to bigger clubs, which is an incredibly stupid thing to say. If a player or manager is content to spend their entire career at swansea with no ambition then they are the wrong peple to have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024