Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest paid Swans player is... 14:57 - Feb 10 with 3416 viewsicecoldjack

..Siggy on a reported £70 k a week alongside Llorente who is reported to be on the same, a staggering amount of money but in the lower reaches of the prem league top earners.

Interesting to note that stokes top paid player is NOT Joe Allen but Shaqiri, who is on £65 k a week alongside Arnoutivic .

Didn't somebody say on here that joe went to stoke because they offered him 70-80k a week ? i wonder what we were offering him?

Anyway, other notable earners .

Troy Deeney Watford 100 k a week
Negredo Boro 100 k a week
Benteke Palace 120 k a week
Defoe Sunderland 70 k a week

Thoughts? are our boys value for money in comparison to others? seems out top earners arnt too far away from clubs like Everton,west ham and Southampton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4211274/Who-Premier-League-clu
Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:05 - Feb 10 with 3371 viewspencoedjack

Benteke 120 k per week

Fuk me

For a man who walks on water, parts river, turns water to wine etc 70 k a week seems peanuts for Gylfi
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 15:08]
Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:18 - Feb 10 with 3335 viewsicecoldjack

Siggy is worth the money IMO. Llorente not so much but it's the going rate and considering Negredo is on 100k a week at Boro our Spanish international is the far better deal .
Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:21 - Feb 10 with 3316 viewsSwan91

I think this is a fair wage for both of them. They are our best players who could easily get into teams 7-20 in the PL table (LLorente also was Chelsea's target). To keep our best players we need to pay a decent wage.

Take some examples:

Negredo is 30,000 a week more than Llorente and is similar age. But Llorente is the better striker (this season atleast).

I think Stoke have done pretty well... west broms higherst earners are a strange one. Benteke also on way too much money! if they get relegated then surely they will struggle with finances... they spent alot of money and are paying high wages.
Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:27 - Feb 10 with 3295 viewsicecoldjack

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:21 - Feb 10 by Swan91

I think this is a fair wage for both of them. They are our best players who could easily get into teams 7-20 in the PL table (LLorente also was Chelsea's target). To keep our best players we need to pay a decent wage.

Take some examples:

Negredo is 30,000 a week more than Llorente and is similar age. But Llorente is the better striker (this season atleast).

I think Stoke have done pretty well... west broms higherst earners are a strange one. Benteke also on way too much money! if they get relegated then surely they will struggle with finances... they spent alot of money and are paying high wages.

Agree.

Seeing Watford paying Troy Deeney 100k a week was a bit surprising but that 100k is what pretty much keeps them up, ditto us with Siggy and Ayew last season,Bony before that.

Certain players can command it and earn it, Gylfi fits into that for me.

Makes sense why his new deal kept him here though, Everton highest wage earner is Lukaku on 75k a week, pretty much the same as siggy, i don't think he'd move for the extra 5k a week, probably prefering to stay here unless a top club came in for him once again.
Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:30 - Feb 10 with 3284 viewsE20Jack

Taking away the fact that 70k a week is insane for doing anything, especially kicking a ball around...

I think both Siggy and Llorente have proved their worth,mespecially with the illustrious career Llorente has had. Troy Deeney on 100k a week is staggering though. As for Allen, he didn't come to us because Stoke did not accept an offer from us, made no odds if we offered Joe 300k a week and he wanted to come to us more than anywhere else in the world, we still did not stump up the transfer fee.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 15:32]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:37 - Feb 10 with 3259 viewsicecoldjack

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:30 - Feb 10 by E20Jack

Taking away the fact that 70k a week is insane for doing anything, especially kicking a ball around...

I think both Siggy and Llorente have proved their worth,mespecially with the illustrious career Llorente has had. Troy Deeney on 100k a week is staggering though. As for Allen, he didn't come to us because Stoke did not accept an offer from us, made no odds if we offered Joe 300k a week and he wanted to come to us more than anywhere else in the world, we still did not stump up the transfer fee.

RE Allen, i thought the same, but the agenda and narrative setters decided to suggest it's because we wouldn't pay his 80k a week wages instead .

It's mad we didn't bring that little fooker back home, maybe the wages of Ash,Gomis and Ayew were a factor plus a new deal to keep others hands off siggy meant we couldn' t bid until all our outgoings were sorted ?
Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 3192 viewsDarran

Must be true if it's in the Mail. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:58 - Feb 10 with 3180 viewsTheFranchise

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:37 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

RE Allen, i thought the same, but the agenda and narrative setters decided to suggest it's because we wouldn't pay his 80k a week wages instead .

It's mad we didn't bring that little fooker back home, maybe the wages of Ash,Gomis and Ayew were a factor plus a new deal to keep others hands off siggy meant we couldn' t bid until all our outgoings were sorted ?

Allen was coming back, we took too long agreeing a fee with Liverpool because the board at the time were too distracted. Stoke jumped in and got him instead.
Login to get fewer ads

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:59 - Feb 10 with 3174 viewsGlyn1

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:21 - Feb 10 by Swan91

Take some examples:

Negredo is definitely worth that money for Boro. Hasn't he scored or provided assists in about 70% of their goals?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Highest paid Swans player is... on 16:12 - Feb 10 with 3112 viewsE20Jack

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:59 - Feb 10 by Glyn1

Negredo is definitely worth that money for Boro. Hasn't he scored or provided assists in about 70% of their goals?

They have only scored about 10 though 😂

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Highest paid Swans player is... on 16:14 - Feb 10 with 3103 viewsSwan91

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:59 - Feb 10 by Glyn1

They have scored 19 apparently.. and I think Negredo scored 6 of them... not sure about assists. he might be worth it for them... but I still think we got the better deal.
Highest paid Swans player is... on 16:44 - Feb 10 with 2997 viewsMrSwerve

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:30 - Feb 10 by E20Jack

Crazy mind isn't it.

£100k a year would be a massive amount for someone who works their bollocks off 24/7.

£100k a year for someone who trains a couple of times a week, sometimes not even playing the game...the 'pressure' part of the job, would be a ridiculous sum for the job.

£100k PER WEEK...It's hard to comprehend.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Highest paid Swans player is... on 17:25 - Feb 10 with 2886 viewsNirvana

Highest paid Swans player is... on 15:55 - Feb 10 by Darran

Must be true if it's in the Mail. lol

Ha agreed, the Mail sucks. As an aside, if Lukaku is really on £75k a week, though, I'd say he's either getting a big fat extension or leaving this summer. My money's on the latter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024