Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! 15:08 - Feb 11 with 3242 viewsGroo

http://www.telam.com.ar/notas/201702/179438-islas-malvinas-argentina-gran-bretan

"Although not defined, the mission - to be financed by the governments of Argentina and the United Kingdom - is expected to cost 1.2 million Swiss francs (1,195 million dollars) and will be made "between June and July" this year , When they return sent from the Red Cross next to representatives chosen by both countries. "

So let me get this straight, Argentina invades someone else's territory, they removed the identity from many of their dead, once defeated they refuse to help identify them, they refuse to repatriate their dead, Britain ends up having to bury them (and pay for it and its upkeep), Britain has to pay to remove their mines (still on-going).

Suddenly they decide they want to identify them after all, they start a process via the red cross and then accuse Britain of obstructing them when Britain had not even been asked and when it finally starts to go forward, Britain is expected contribute to the costs.

If their going to dig them up then I don't believe Britain should pay anything towards it, unless they agree to take them to Argentina of course.

Unbelievable if true.

Groo does what Groo does best

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 17:15 - Feb 11 with 1599 viewsJack_Kass

Argentina nationals who fought in the Falklands are not recognised as war veterans.

In fact the country doesn't even recognise it as an official war, how disgusting is that?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 17:37 - Feb 11 with 1584 viewsdickythorpe

As always, no winners in war
What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:06 - Feb 11 with 1565 viewsGlyn1

"So let me get this straight" ... we're helping to identify the graves of soldiers who fought and died for their country so that their mums and dads and children will know where they are buried, and get some kind of closure, and you think that this is a bad thing? Don't worry about the cost of looking after graves, it doesn't cost much.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:14 - Feb 11 with 1551 viewsGroo

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:06 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

"So let me get this straight" ... we're helping to identify the graves of soldiers who fought and died for their country so that their mums and dads and children will know where they are buried, and get some kind of closure, and you think that this is a bad thing? Don't worry about the cost of looking after graves, it doesn't cost much.

They are unknown because of the actions of their officers and government at the time, Britain requested to send the bodies to Argentina they refused so Britain built the cemetery they are in.

I have no issue with their families knowing where their relatives are, the fact is they should have always known and the bodies should be in Argentina where their families can visit and remember them.

My issue is that Britain is sharing the costs for this. This is on Argentina alone and they should pay for it.

Britain is still spending a lot of money on mine clearing the mines that they kindly left behind.

Argentina should be paying, not Britain.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:17 - Feb 11 with 1549 viewsblueytheblue

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:06 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

So Argentina gives not single s*it about their own dead and then magically turns round and expects British taxpayers to fund it.

Makes perfect sense.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:38 - Feb 11 with 1520 viewsSgorioFruit

I've been to that Argentinian cemetery, quite poignant

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:42 - Feb 11 with 1512 viewsmonmouth

Didn't expect any humanity on this shitty thread and I wasn't let down.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:43 - Feb 11 with 1508 viewsexiledclaseboy

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:42 - Feb 11 by monmouth

If you're looking for humanity, kindness or basic human decency, PS is not the place for you.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 18:44]

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:08 - Feb 11 with 1481 viewsGroo

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:42 - Feb 11 by monmouth

So why do you think the British taxpayer should foot the bill (or any part of)?

It's not about humanity, I can sympathise as can anyone with the families of the fallen soldiers, Britain had close to 300 as well.

It's not about humanity, its about Argentina at last after 35 years actually want to identify their dead, great, good for them, the humanity is to let them, give them access and open any door that needs opening to allow them to do it.

But why is Britain paying?

They have never appologised for what they did, they still claim the Islands are theirs, they changed their constitution since to stop them from using the only peaceful way to solve the problem (ICJ).

Their actions cost British servicemen and civilians their lives and the fact that there are unknown soldiers is down to them (they removed dogtags of dead and refused to help identify the bodies).

After all this, the identification will cost British taxpayers money.

It should be their money, Britain should allow it, but not pay for it.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:25 - Feb 11 with 1462 viewsFlashberryjack

I think you've got the gist of it, but, we're not just helping to identify Argentinian soldiers, we're actually going to spend a lot of money doing so. Argentinian soldiers that killed British Soldiers mind.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:35 - Feb 11 with 1448 viewsGlyn1

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:25 - Feb 11 by Flashberryjack

I think you've got the gist of it, but, we're not just helping to identify Argentinian soldiers, we're actually going to spend a lot of money doing so. Argentinian soldiers that killed British Soldiers mind.

That was their duty, they behaved honourably, and their families should be treated with respect.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:40 - Feb 11 with 1437 viewsGroo

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:35 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

That was their duty, they behaved honourably, and their families should be treated with respect.

But why should the British taxpayer foot any part of the bill?

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:41 - Feb 11 with 1435 viewsGlyn1

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 18:17 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

So Argentina gives not single s*it about their own dead and then magically turns round and expects British taxpayers to fund it.

Makes perfect sense.

Not true. According to Groo's original post, Argentina are also paying for this.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:52 - Feb 11 with 1418 viewsFlashberryjack

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:35 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

No one is arguing about that, the issue is, should we pay £1.5 million for it.

They are Argentinian soldiers and they deserve to be identified and buried in a respectful way that their families would wish, but Argentina should be paying not us.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 1404 viewslondonlisa2001

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:52 - Feb 11 by Flashberryjack

No one is arguing about that, the issue is, should we pay £1.5 million for it.

They are Argentinian soldiers and they deserve to be identified and buried in a respectful way that their families would wish, but Argentina should be paying not us.

It's a million quid. Split in two. So we will pay half a million quid.

And people are bothered by it?

And you have the temerity to question someone on another thread when he says he despairs of the direction this country is taking.

BTW Groo - several of your fellow Canadians were murdered by a terrorist because of religion. I can only imagine I missed your instant thread.
What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 1403 viewsGroo

I should add on this that not all acted honourably, most though were plucked off the street, shoved into a uniform and transported to the Islands with little or no training.

So honourable things they did like:

1. Shooting down a small British helicopter then opening up on the survivors in the water.
2. Shooting dead two marines who got up from their protected position to accept the surrender that the white flag was supposed to be signalling.
3. Transporting missiles and other military equipment on the hospital ships.
4. Hospital ships using floodlights to light up British positions.
5. Putting large red and white crosses on buildings used to store ammunition.
6. Placing large guns next to people's houses, leading to the death of 3 civilians.
7. Building make-shift missile launchers in children's playgrounds.
8. Leaving booby-traps made of grenades around the town when they surrendered (one on a child's bike).
9. Using the buildings as toilets.

Very honourable indeed

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:00 - Feb 11 with 1400 viewsGroo

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 19:58 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

It's a million quid. Split in two. So we will pay half a million quid.

And people are bothered by it?

And you have the temerity to question someone on another thread when he says he despairs of the direction this country is taking.

BTW Groo - several of your fellow Canadians were murdered by a terrorist because of religion. I can only imagine I missed your instant thread.

I don' get it?

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:05 - Feb 11 with 1395 viewsClinton

We should do it. They are on our territory. We are compassionate. It's not a huge amount of money in the scheme of things.
They done wrong, but two wrongs don't make a right.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 1392 viewsperchrockjack

Groo.
You won't

This country is chock full of sick history revisionist out to pervert

To think our good men died to save our craven leaders

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 1375 viewsLohengrin

Out of interest what Regiment have you served in? Where have you served?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:12 - Feb 11 with 1366 viewslondonlisa2001

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:05 - Feb 11 by Clinton

We should do it. They are on our territory. We are compassionate. It's not a huge amount of money in the scheme of things.
They done wrong, but two wrongs don't make a right.

It's a minute amount of money.

And for people to argue about it is an embarrassment.

Yes, the Argentinians were at fault. But the kids buried there were simply doing their jobs. They are on British land, and it is a tiny price to pay for our national humanity.
What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:16 - Feb 11 with 1354 viewsLohengrin

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:12 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

Yes, the Argentinians were at fault. But the kids buried there were simply doing their jobs. They are on British land, and it is a tiny price to pay for our national humanity.

Doing their job? Oh! Lord Lisa!

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:21 - Feb 11 with 1339 viewsGroo

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:12 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

I think accepting their request and allowing them to identify the dead is enough.

An apology from them wouldn't go amiss either.

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:23 - Feb 11 with 1332 viewslondonlisa2001

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:16 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

Doing their job? Oh! Lord Lisa!

Yes Lohengrin, they were. In the same way as ours do. And sometimes what goes on in war is best left alone and not looked at too deeply by those of us fortunate enough not to have to go ourselves.

There are often incidents on both sides which when viewed from the luxury of our sofas do not sit well. But once it is over, we respect those that have fallen. That does not mean anything goes, but there are opportunities for that to be addressed as well, as they should be. That is a separate issue.
What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:31 - Feb 11 with 1320 viewsLohengrin

What!!! Britain will pay to help identify Argentinian War dead!!! on 20:23 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

Yes Lohengrin, they were. In the same way as ours do. And sometimes what goes on in war is best left alone and not looked at too deeply by those of us fortunate enough not to have to go ourselves.

There are often incidents on both sides which when viewed from the luxury of our sofas do not sit well. But once it is over, we respect those that have fallen. That does not mean anything goes, but there are opportunities for that to be addressed as well, as they should be. That is a separate issue.

Really? Is that how you would view all war crimes, as things to be "looked
at not too deeply?"

Please don't try and make relatavist equations with the Task Force lads and Galtieiri's lot. It's tremendoulsy insulting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024