Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video referee. 18:00 - Mar 4 with 2685 viewsperplex

What are the reasons as to why the FA do not bring this in, The referee`s are not good enough to go a whole game mistake free as this is now proven week in and week out, what`s wrong with having to go to a video referee when they are not sure about a decision even if it adds five minutes on to a match, it will add to the excitement for the fans and teams will not be punished all the time by these poor decisions being constantly made.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 18:01]
Video referee. on 18:01 - Mar 4 with 2675 viewsperchrockjack

Nowt wrong at all
It's what should be

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Video referee. on 18:03 - Mar 4 with 2653 viewsperplex

Video referee. on 18:01 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

Nowt wrong at all
It's what should be

So do they give any reasons as to why they will not use video refs.
Video referee. on 18:06 - Mar 4 with 2639 viewsperchrockjack

No idea
IT can't be cost

Think they believe Tmo interrupts the flow of a game

I d rather it stop and correct decision made but there again, I'm a cock haha

Video referee. on 18:22 - Mar 4 with 2605 viewsporthcawljax

I think a video referee should be introduced like in the rugby but only for crucial decisions like penalties and sending off's. Its a no brainer really but the thing is the FA is run by old farts who don't like change.

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

Video referee. on 18:25 - Mar 4 with 2589 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

They should bring it in like tennis - give each team 3 challenges

should stop all the hopeful appealing for sweet fa which happens all the time too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Video referee. on 18:26 - Mar 4 with 2578 viewsunion_jack

Video referee. on 18:06 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

No idea
IT can't be cost

Think they believe Tmo interrupts the flow of a game

I d rather it stop and correct decision made but there again, I'm a cock haha

I think the problem is that football rules can be subjective. One man;S shoulder barge is another man's push. One man's sliding tackle getting the ball is another man's dangerous tackle.

Therefore, the video replay should only be used for clear cut decisions, today's being a prime example. But categorising these will be difficult if you don't want to see the game go on for hours.
'
As an example, let's say you can retrospectively appeal a decision if it results in a goal so long as it is in the segment of play that led to that goal. What happens if that segment was 3,4 or 5 minutes long or since the disputed offence took place. You would then have to play those minutes all over again. This could add on 30 minutes or more per game, not regularly probably but it would happen. That's just one example.

I'm fir video referrals but it has to be for just game-changing decisions I would say (even though my example above would be deemed game-changing).

Over to someone else.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Video referee. on 18:27 - Mar 4 with 2569 viewsperchrockjack

Subjectively?

Look at ref interpretation in Rugby, both codes

Video referee. on 18:28 - Mar 4 with 2564 viewsPrivate_Partz

Video referee. on 18:22 - Mar 4 by porthcawljax

I think a video referee should be introduced like in the rugby but only for crucial decisions like penalties and sending off's. Its a no brainer really but the thing is the FA is run by old farts who don't like change.

Jason Perry on Radio Cardiff disagrees. He feels there should be no video referees and less cameras as well as they all even out at the end of the season.
A Swans fan emailed in asking would he have the same opinion if it had been Cardiff on the wrong end of the decision. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Video referee. on 18:29 - Mar 4 with 2558 viewsunion_jack

Video referee. on 18:27 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

Subjectively?

Look at ref interpretation in Rugby, both codes

Give me some examples because I think football is far more subjective than rugby.

Video referee. on 18:43 - Mar 4 with 2515 viewsLeonWasGod

My guess is that FIFA still see the contentious issues as an exciting part of the game. That was the defence they kept trotting out before they finally relented and brought in goal line technology. It adds to the talking points = good for publicity = good for £££$$$€€€

Farkin dinosaurs. Should have been brought in 10 years ago. I've seen 1 game live and 1 on the TV today and there was one blatant handball not given in the Man U game and then the feck up in our game. There's no excuse.
Video referee. on 18:53 - Mar 4 with 2481 viewsmorningstar

Look, let's get it straight. No need for video technology or play backs for that decision today. That tvvat in charge saw a ball to hand and gave the pen as soon as the Burnley players shouted for it without having a clue who's arm it hit. It's quite different to a foul when the ref has to make an instant decision based on his opinion. He'll be dropped from the list next week for sure, and quite rightfully so. Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Video referee. on 19:10 - Mar 4 with 2434 viewsJack_Kass

It'll be trialled in the fa cup next season

The only issue is refs will use it as an insurance mechanism for every goal, and stop the game after every goal, to ask 'is there any reason I cannot award the goal?' ala in Rugby.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Video referee. on 19:44 - Mar 4 with 2397 viewstrampie

Its never been in the top teams and countries interest to have it, they know they get the majority of the wrong decisions in their favour.

Swansea would gain more than most, surely the powers that be cant resist it much longer.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Video referee. on 19:54 - Mar 4 with 2382 viewsBloodyhills

Video referee. on 18:28 - Mar 4 by Private_Partz

Jason Perry on Radio Cardiff disagrees. He feels there should be no video referees and less cameras as well as they all even out at the end of the season.
A Swans fan emailed in asking would he have the same opinion if it had been Cardiff on the wrong end of the decision. ;-)

Fvck Perry.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Video referee. on 19:58 - Mar 4 with 2363 viewsperchrockjack

Crossing

Scrum

High tackle

Video referee. on 20:08 - Mar 4 with 2345 viewsunion_jack

Video referee. on 19:58 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

Crossing

Scrum

High tackle

High tackle is well defined now though.

Scrum, admittedly a nightmare but never seen on video replays as far as I know.

Crossing, easily sorted on a video replay. Few complaints when analysed and as easily sorted out as a football off-side decision.

In contrast we could debate for weeks whether it was a deliberate handball or one of the others I mentioned before and still we'd not get to a satisfactory conclusion.

Video referee. on 20:34 - Mar 4 with 2306 viewsSwansNZ

Video referee. on 19:44 - Mar 4 by trampie

Its never been in the top teams and countries interest to have it, they know they get the majority of the wrong decisions in their favour.

Swansea would gain more than most, surely the powers that be cant resist it much longer.

Certainly the top teams would not want it, as they invariably get the more favourable decisions.

Football must be one of the few sports I can think of that does not use video technology, as with the money at stake in the Premier League in particular, you’d think it must come in ASAP. A poor decision like today could be the different with a team getting relegated or not, or even dropping one place in the PL is probably worth £2 million.

I’d be all in favour of it, as I’d rather the correct decisions be given than have something to talk about post game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Video referee. on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 2293 viewstrampie

Video referee. on 20:34 - Mar 4 by SwansNZ

Certainly the top teams would not want it, as they invariably get the more favourable decisions.

Football must be one of the few sports I can think of that does not use video technology, as with the money at stake in the Premier League in particular, you’d think it must come in ASAP. A poor decision like today could be the different with a team getting relegated or not, or even dropping one place in the PL is probably worth £2 million.

I’d be all in favour of it, as I’d rather the correct decisions be given than have something to talk about post game.

One way of looking at it is the money at stake might make it less likely to happen as the big teams have a lot to lose, money, status, trophies etc.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Video referee. on 20:58 - Mar 4 with 2271 viewsMartyrman57

Will take a lot to end the top 6 bias of officials.
Video referee. on 22:08 - Mar 4 with 2204 viewsTNT

Video referee. on 20:58 - Mar 4 by Martyrman57

Will take a lot to end the top 6 bias of officials.

Video referee.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Video referee. on 22:09 - Mar 4 with 2196 viewsTNT

That's all fans want is the right decision.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Video referee. on 23:16 - Mar 4 with 2154 viewsphact0rri

I heard a pundit talk sense about Video. Give each side one Video appeal per half. Seems fair enough to me. As you don't see that many in a match beyond that, that could be appealed, and doesn't slow down the match so much. keep the goal back but until it can be awarded by video official.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Video referee. on 23:49 - Mar 4 with 2128 viewsjack2jack

Saw the Vokes incident on MOTD,it was up the other end,so didn't see it on the day,but how the hell did the ref get that wrong,jeez,I mean we were wearing white long sleeve shirts it was obvious, something needs to be done about this asap.Lucky it made no difference,but could easily have cost us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024