Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petition to Relocate the Assembly 18:12 - Apr 3 with 1493 viewsjohnlangy

Some of you may be interested in signing this petition on the Jac O' the North Blog.

We the undersigned call for the National Assembly be moved from Cardiff to Aberystwyth to begin 'rebalancing' the national life and economy of Wales.
Cardiff is prospering, and growing at an exponential rate, while most parts of Wales stagnate, which makes it clear that the current Cardiff/Wales model of economic development does not work for eighty per cent of the country.

Cardiff getting the lion’s share of investment and jobs impacts adversely on the rest of the country, and while this trend was observable in earlier decades it has gained greater momentum and become even more damaging for the national good since the National Assembly for Wales first sat in 1999.

Worse, there is growing evidence of corruption; the kind of corruption that is inevitable when those with political influence and control of the public purse regularly meet, in social and other contexts, those seeking to take advantage of such contacts.

We believe that in the short term the easiest way to remedy this unsustainable and growing imbalance, and the increasing threat of corruption, is to move the Welsh Assembly and its assorted departments and agencies out of Cardiff.

Aberystwyth would be an ideal and central location for the Assembly and its support staff, other agencies could be located around the country, for in the era of the internet and video conferencing civil servants and others do not need to work next door to each other.

The benefits accruing to some of the more neglected parts of Wales would soon make up for the initial costs involved in the relocations. To continue with the current arrangement is to condemn Wales to a future as a city state, with all benefits accruing to Cardiff. This is not the future we want for our country.

I was a bit surprised when I read the Aberystwyth suggestion but interesting ideas none the less.
Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:14 - Apr 3 with 1485 viewsDarran

Never going to happen.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:22 - Apr 3 with 1464 viewsjohnlangy

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:14 - Apr 3 by Darran

Never going to happen.

Not saying it will.

I saw a guy wearing a nice leather jacket with Cheap Trick all over the back at the game yesterday. You ought to buy one .
Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 1456 viewsyescomeon

Doubt it would happen but Aberystwyth would be the best place for it, far more central. Short trip down the road to Machynlleth where Owain Glyndwr formed his parliament. All that said, I really doubt it would stop everything going to Cardiff.

Upthecity!

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 1455 viewsDarran

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:22 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

Not saying it will.

I saw a guy wearing a nice leather jacket with Cheap Trick all over the back at the game yesterday. You ought to buy one .

It's not leather it's satin.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:35 - Apr 3 with 1436 viewssherpajacob

Aberystwyth is an absolute ball ache to get to, so yes it's,the perfect place to move assembly to.

Then we might start seeing some policies for the whole of Wales.

Equally when Westminster gets refurbished, move them all to hartlepool, skelmersdale or truro, would save a fortune too.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:38 - Apr 3 with 1429 viewsexiledclaseboy

I loves a good petition me.

Poll: Tory leader

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:40 - Apr 3 with 1418 viewsyescomeon

Might get a Carmarthen - Aberystwyth train running again which would be something.

Upthecity!

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:47 - Apr 3 with 1403 viewsjohnlangy

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:38 - Apr 3 by exiledclaseboy

I loves a good petition me.

Yes, but have you signed it.
Login to get fewer ads

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:51 - Apr 3 with 1396 viewsexiledclaseboy

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:47 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

No I'm comfortable that our nation's legislature is in its capital city. Not that I'd be bothered if they moved it elsewhere, I'm just not bothered if they don't.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 18:51]

Poll: Tory leader

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:51 - Apr 3 with 1394 viewsjohnlangy

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:47 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

By the way, I just checked Jac's twitter section and Chris Bryant was questioning the value of Jac's Independence petition.

Just saying because if MP's are checking out what's happening on his blog then every signature on every referendum or any response to his blogs are all worthwhile.
Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:06 - Apr 3 with 1363 viewsLeonWasGod

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:35 - Apr 3 by sherpajacob

Aberystwyth is an absolute ball ache to get to, so yes it's,the perfect place to move assembly to.

Then we might start seeing some policies for the whole of Wales.

Equally when Westminster gets refurbished, move them all to hartlepool, skelmersdale or truro, would save a fortune too.

It wouldn't be a ball ache to get to if the Assembly moved there. Give it 5 years and they'd re-open the rail lines to north and south and have a new dual carriageway.

Slight exaggeration, but things would def change.
Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:13 - Apr 3 with 1347 viewsdickythorpe

The fecking roads are shite!!!
Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:16 - Apr 3 with 1341 viewstrampie

Jac's latest is a nice article about the different areas of the UK.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:33 - Apr 3 with 1322 viewsHighjack

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 18:51 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

By the way, I just checked Jac's twitter section and Chris Bryant was questioning the value of Jac's Independence petition.

Just saying because if MP's are checking out what's happening on his blog then every signature on every referendum or any response to his blogs are all worthwhile.

Is Chris Bryant the one who was sending naked pictures of himself around the Internet?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:34 - Apr 3 with 1320 viewsClinton

I'd relocate it about 20 miles West of Aberystwyth.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:58 - Apr 3 with 1292 viewspikeypaul

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:34 - Apr 3 by Clinton

I'd relocate it about 20 miles West of Aberystwyth.

Tied to something very heavy so it's ugly face never sees the light of day again.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 20:46 - Apr 3 with 1259 viewstrampie

Periodically move it around the country.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 21:05 - Apr 3 with 1239 viewsGowerjack

Badgers....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 1173 viewsjohnlangy

Petition to Relocate the Assembly on 19:06 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

It wouldn't be a ball ache to get to if the Assembly moved there. Give it 5 years and they'd re-open the rail lines to north and south and have a new dual carriageway.

Slight exaggeration, but things would def change.

No exaggeration at all.

We'd have a brand new HSCymru rail line with carriages dedicated to the travelling comfort of all the AM's who would insist that they retain their offices in Cardiff while having an easy 40 minute high speed commute to their palatial new Aber Sennedd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024