Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory manifesto - discuss 07:38 - May 18 with 16378 viewsepaul

To end free school meals for infants, for some it's the only hot meal they get, dispicable scum

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tory manifesto - discuss on 08:39 - May 18 with 3229 viewsPrivate_Partz

It's Strong and Stable mun.
Expect more of punishing the poor and a few sound bites that will be promoted by the Murdock press and the lemmings will fall for it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:00 - May 18 with 3206 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:46 - May 18 with 3170 viewsGoldminer

https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalogue/Local-Government/Finance/Revenue/Delegate

interesting to see how low Swansea's funding in primary is per pupil is compared to the rest of Wales.

Even more interestingly is comparison with England....

http://www.sec-ed.co.uk/news/how-much-per-pupil-funding-will-your-school-get
Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:51 - May 18 with 3166 viewssherpajacob

I'm confused.

There seems to be a lot of measures aimed at reducing immigration, but they are all targeting non EU immigrants.

Why didn't Mrs May do any of these in her 7 years as home secretary, and why, if non EU migrants are the problem, are we leaving the single market in order to end freedom of movement?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:22 - May 18 with 3140 viewsJango

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:51 - May 18 by sherpajacob

I'm confused.

There seems to be a lot of measures aimed at reducing immigration, but they are all targeting non EU immigrants.

Why didn't Mrs May do any of these in her 7 years as home secretary, and why, if non EU migrants are the problem, are we leaving the single market in order to end freedom of movement?

I don't think even Theresa May knows when she's telling the truth or not. Total fraudster
Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:31 - May 18 with 3131 viewsCooperman

That's a shocking manifesto commitment.

ePaul is absolutely spot on with his comment about it being the only hot meal for some UK children.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:33 - May 18 with 3126 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If it is there only hot meal of the day what are their parents doing? Spending all their benefits on fags and alcohol? Perhaps the social services should issued food vouchers instead of cash.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:49 - May 18 with 3110 viewsperchrockjack

Many feckless feckers haven't the inclination to cook anything.

Hard to take I know

Making winter fuel payments means tested is good if it raises the threshold for care in old age to 100k . At23 k ,now, it's a disgrace

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:59 - May 18 with 3105 viewsHighjack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:31 - May 18 by Cooperman

That's a shocking manifesto commitment.

ePaul is absolutely spot on with his comment about it being the only hot meal for some UK children.

That's more to do with the shocking standard of parenting in this country. My worry with this is if hot meals are taken away then will these parents bother to make sandwiches? Probably not.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:04 - May 18 with 3096 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

If all else fails

Blame the poor for being poor

What a bunch of c@nts people are

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:16 - May 18 with 3085 viewsHighjack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:04 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

If all else fails

Blame the poor for being poor

What a bunch of c@nts people are

It's not a poor/rich thing. There are plenty of parents with plenty of money who don't/can't be arsed to properly look after their kids.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:23 - May 18 with 3076 viewsswanjackal

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:16 - May 18 by Highjack

It's not a poor/rich thing. There are plenty of parents with plenty of money who don't/can't be arsed to properly look after their kids.

Having worked with children both ends of that divide, I can firmly agree with this. You would be surprised to see how neglected some children are at the "richer" end, neglecting care of their child for work/social life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:28 - May 18 with 3070 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:16 - May 18 by Highjack

Don't tar everyone with the same brush .

This policy is dreadful ,people ,family's need small things to help get by.

We'll be dropping bombs soon on a country thousands of miles away , costing millions .

Stop and think

Divide and conquer

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:32 - May 18 with 3059 viewsperchrockjack

By not tarring everyone would be conservatives voters or non corbynistas getting respect

That ll do for me

Some People these days still expect the State to provide all and the world owes them a living

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:34 - May 18 with 3058 viewssquarebear

I'm a Labour voter but I've one foot in the "natural selection" camp.

If parents are relying on schools to provide their kids with their one hot meal of the day then the parents need to up their game. Anecdotally it seems parents also often rely on schools to teach their kids discipline. WTF? Is everything down to the school and state? What responsibility are these parents actually prepared to man-up and accept as theirs? Or did their responsibility start and end with having unprotected sex?
Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:41 - May 18 with 3038 viewsperchrockjack

Ive lived in an era where there was far less state help yet children was fed properly and not subjected to the salt sugar cocktails of crap kids are now.

McDonald s is seen as a treat for poorer kids when it should be the last place they should go

Ask why mcd kfc pizza pis spots are so prevalent in poor areas.

They are making massive money out of the poor and frankly these fast food chains are those I'd be laying into .

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:48 - May 18 with 3025 viewsblueytheblue

Well, also those who grant the planning permission for fast food places too.

Fast food does have it's place, too many rely upon it on a regular basis.

It always annoys me in supermarkets that you see the "healthier" food produce is more expensive. Yes, that's pretty obvious, a grot burger will cost less but if you want people to eat healthier, got to make it more economically viable.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:51 - May 18 with 3021 viewsperchrockjack

Great point blues

They should never ever be located in deprived areas .

Most litter is from these outlets, most anti social behaviour emanates from there

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:57 - May 18 with 3006 viewsLegend83

You are wrong. If you actually read the detail of the BBC report on this, it clearly states that infant school lunches will be means-tested.

So not scrapped at all! Simply brought in line with how it works for Juniors.

And in addition, free breakfast will be available instead.

So not quite as evil as you all make out.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:00 - May 18 with 2996 viewsblueytheblue

Well, I'd not say *no* fast food places in areas but careful consideration should be made.

I know some on here believe economic status defines all but the reality is there are plenty of parents who can't cook, can't be bothered to learn to provide healthy, balanced meals for their children. Nothing to do with finances, everything to do with laziness. We see it at our son's primary school. Some kids out of control, parents care not one iota. School's responsibility not theirs... our son got mocked for the food he had in his lunchbox. Others had chocolate bars, bags of crisps... obesity ahoy...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:02 - May 18 with 2992 viewsCooperman

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:33 - May 18 by felixstowe_jack

If it is there only hot meal of the day what are their parents doing? Spending all their benefits on fags and alcohol? Perhaps the social services should issued food vouchers instead of cash.

That's a very narrow minded tunnel vision view.

I'm sure there are families like that, but I also know for a fact that there are genuine cases out there so don't try and argue against.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:03 - May 18 with 2987 viewsswanjackal

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:57 - May 18 by Legend83

You are wrong. If you actually read the detail of the BBC report on this, it clearly states that infant school lunches will be means-tested.

So not scrapped at all! Simply brought in line with how it works for Juniors.

And in addition, free breakfast will be available instead.

So not quite as evil as you all make out.

It never is. Although, listening to Hunt this morning on BBC Breakfast, he didn't really paint a coherent picture of the things he was asked about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:09 - May 18 with 2974 viewsCooperman

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:48 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Well, also those who grant the planning permission for fast food places too.

Fast food does have it's place, too many rely upon it on a regular basis.

It always annoys me in supermarkets that you see the "healthier" food produce is more expensive. Yes, that's pretty obvious, a grot burger will cost less but if you want people to eat healthier, got to make it more economically viable.

That's a good point Bluey. My young princess asked for McD's cheeseburger and fries yesterday. I ordered and collected via the drive through but didn't catch what the young girl said when she asked for payment. Upon checking the credit card receipt when I got home I found it came to a paltry £2. A similar sized meal containing veg and a decent form of protein would be double that.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:10 - May 18 with 2974 viewsWarwickHunt

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:00 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Well, I'd not say *no* fast food places in areas but careful consideration should be made.

I know some on here believe economic status defines all but the reality is there are plenty of parents who can't cook, can't be bothered to learn to provide healthy, balanced meals for their children. Nothing to do with finances, everything to do with laziness. We see it at our son's primary school. Some kids out of control, parents care not one iota. School's responsibility not theirs... our son got mocked for the food he had in his lunchbox. Others had chocolate bars, bags of crisps... obesity ahoy...

Overheard a yummy mummy in Waitrose asking her young son which sushi he wanted for his lunchbox.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:14 - May 18 with 2959 viewsswanjackal

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:10 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

Overheard a yummy mummy in Waitrose asking her young son which sushi he wanted for his lunchbox.

Something oddly disturbing about a young mum asking her son whether he wants to eat her raw fish. Were they part of a royal lineage?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024