Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck to Huddersfield 09:01 - May 29 with 17313 viewsperchrockjack

This grand old club is on the brink of returning to the top flight

First club to win a trio of first division titles

If you reading this Darren,Phil,Craig ,safe trip and get behind lads all the way

Slubbers Arms ,folks next season. Make a note.Just off Bradford Rd

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:23 - May 29 with 1860 viewsSgorioFruit

Good luck to Huddersfield on 17:54 - May 29 by Borojack

Looking forward to a trip to Huddersfield.
How many finals have Reading lost now got to feel sorry for there fans.

chuffed for Huddersfield for winning that.
but yeh, we do want them to lose every game next season don't we? I mean to keep a team below us in the league.
or is that hypocritical
I'm not sure

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:27 - May 29 with 1849 viewsJBT95

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:20 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is a shame the Welsh national team is becoming England B. Actually, England B might be a bit of a stretch as the likes of Robson-Kanu probably wouldn't make England B, C, D,E or F.

Do you even have a clue what you are on about any of the time?

Yes we have a few players born in England, big shock, when we border that country with it's best football league system in the world. If we had none and missed out on the Euros by playing other players other than Williams, Chester, HRK you'd probably complain then as well.

ROI is more like England B not Wales and has been throughout history since the rule change. 8 of the main starting XI at the Euros - Hennessey, Gunter, Davies, Taylor, Ramsey, Allen, Ledley, Bale - all born and brought up in Wales.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 18:28]
Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:32 - May 29 with 1831 viewsjack247

It is a shame the Welsh national team is becoming England B. Actually, England B might be a bit of a stretch as the likes of Robson-Kanu probably wouldn't make England B, C, D,E or F.

Well kind of. Our best players barring Williams are Welsh through and through.

In fairness, if I was a German player with an American parent, not good enough to play for Germany but good enough for the USA, I'd go and play for them. The same can be applied to most, if not all, of our English born players.

I'd rather qualify for major tournaments with the likes of Ash and HRK than miss out on them.
Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:33 - May 29 with 1816 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:27 - May 29 by JBT95

Do you even have a clue what you are on about any of the time?

Yes we have a few players born in England, big shock, when we border that country with it's best football league system in the world. If we had none and missed out on the Euros by playing other players other than Williams, Chester, HRK you'd probably complain then as well.

ROI is more like England B not Wales and has been throughout history since the rule change. 8 of the main starting XI at the Euros - Hennessey, Gunter, Davies, Taylor, Ramsey, Allen, Ledley, Bale - all born and brought up in Wales.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 18:28]

Wales had the most foreign born players of any side at the Euro 2016 finals. We had nine. Ireland had eight.

Other countries border excellent football league systems too, so I think that is a terrible excuse.

Nine out of 23 is a very high number indeed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:33 - May 29 with 1820 viewsjack247

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:23 - May 29 by SgorioFruit

chuffed for Huddersfield for winning that.
but yeh, we do want them to lose every game next season don't we? I mean to keep a team below us in the league.
or is that hypocritical
I'm not sure

Not really. A couple of seasons ago I'd have thought that was defeatist. It seems a pretty logical attitude at the moment though.
Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:33 - May 29 with 1816 viewsJBT95

Plus just cause they were born in England does not mean they didn't grow up in Wales of course, such as is the likes of Tom Bradshaw and Marley Watkins (if you even know who they are).
Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:36 - May 29 with 1798 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:33 - May 29 by JBT95

Plus just cause they were born in England does not mean they didn't grow up in Wales of course, such as is the likes of Tom Bradshaw and Marley Watkins (if you even know who they are).

I do not know who they are, presumably because they have achieved absolutely nothing in a major league. I'm assuming they are both teenagers who scored a goal or two in the lower leagues which of course now entitles you to a complimentary call up to the senior side and maybe even a cap, just in case they improve rapidly over the next couple of years.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:39 - May 29 with 1795 viewsBanosswan

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:33 - May 29 by JBT95

A lot of successful sports people are born of successful (sports/business) people. That often involves moving outside wales and having talented children who then want to play for the 'homeland'.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:24 - May 29 with 1725 viewsCooperman

I'm glad they won but hope they occupy one of the bottom three next season.

Also, I do believe that they achieved the play off winning route without winning a game and scoring a goal themselves.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:42 - May 29 with 1688 viewslonglostjack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:24 - May 29 by Cooperman

I'm glad they won but hope they occupy one of the bottom three next season.

Also, I do believe that they achieved the play off winning route without winning a game and scoring a goal themselves.

Nah - I'd much prefer West Ham, Stoke and Leicester in the bottom 3.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:45 - May 29 with 1682 viewsCooperman

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:42 - May 29 by longlostjack

Nah - I'd much prefer West Ham, Stoke and Leicester in the bottom 3.

Actually when you put it like that I think you're right.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:56 - May 29 with 1667 viewsGlyn1

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:45 - May 29 by Cooperman

Actually when you put it like that I think you're right.

Are 'little old Huddersfield' bigger than us?

For a start, they've got a bigger stadium.

Update: I forgot to say congratulations because I was supporting them during the match and they seem genuinely nice people especially as a season ticket next season = £199. https://mobile.twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/869237851166298112

[Post edited 29 May 2017 20:11]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:19 - May 29 with 1636 viewsFieryJack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:56 - May 29 by Glyn1

Are 'little old Huddersfield' bigger than us?

For a start, they've got a bigger stadium.

Update: I forgot to say congratulations because I was supporting them during the match and they seem genuinely nice people especially as a season ticket next season = £199. https://mobile.twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/869237851166298112

[Post edited 29 May 2017 20:11]

Swansea is marginally bigger than Huddersfield in terms of population, but their club probably has a more prestigious history, winning Div 1 for 3 successive seasons in the 1920s, as well as the FA cup in the same decade.
Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:24 - May 29 with 1614 viewsLandore_Jack

Well done Huddersfield. The best team won. Thought Reading were disappointing. Stam's tactics reminded me of Sousa. Playing with shackles on.

#backtojack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:43 - May 29 with 1583 viewsmonmouth

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:24 - May 29 by Landore_Jack

Well done Huddersfield. The best team won. Thought Reading were disappointing. Stam's tactics reminded me of Sousa. Playing with shackles on.

Yep, they played for penalties or to nick a goal. Got what they deserved, the boring Berks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:54 - May 29 with 1554 viewsLandore_Jack

What a record.

That's seven failed play-off campaigns, and four play-off finals, Reading have lost.

#backtojack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:54 - May 29 with 1552 viewsjack247

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:19 - May 29 by FieryJack

Swansea is marginally bigger than Huddersfield in terms of population, but their club probably has a more prestigious history, winning Div 1 for 3 successive seasons in the 1920s, as well as the FA cup in the same decade.

We are the bigger club at the moment. If they had been in the PL for the last 6 years instead of us, then I'm sure they would be. In 6 years time, who knows?
Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:04 - May 29 with 1538 viewsbuilthjack

Indeed. With England being a population 17 times that size of Wales, it was a superb achievement for Wales to go further than England at the Euros.
For England to lose to a country 156 times less in population must be an embarrassment that will last forever. Its the equivalent to Wales losing to a country of 20,000.
A lot of English players have been born outside England over the years.
Are you English?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:11 - May 29 with 1524 viewsbuilthjack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 10:41 - May 29 by Fireboy

I will be joining you both

Cmon the terriers

See you buggers there

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:26 - May 29 with 1495 viewsCooperman

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:54 - May 29 by jack247

We are the bigger club at the moment. If they had been in the PL for the last 6 years instead of us, then I'm sure they would be. In 6 years time, who knows?

Correct.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:37 - May 29 with 1486 viewsmagicdaps10

Huddersfield promoted via the play offs without scoring a goal in normal play in any of their 3 play off games.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:43 - May 29 with 1469 viewsFieryJack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:54 - May 29 by jack247

Yep - agree with that. Just by being in the Prem for 6 years ensures our profile and status is much higher.
Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:51 - May 29 with 1443 viewsspiderboy

Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:33 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales had the most foreign born players of any side at the Euro 2016 finals. We had nine. Ireland had eight.

Other countries border excellent football league systems too, so I think that is a terrible excuse.

Nine out of 23 is a very high number indeed.

Do you actually support Wales?
Or is it just that you enjoy knocking them down?
I got to say that,although most of what you say is a statistical fact,there doesn't seem to be a lot of Hwyel in your comments!
Please explain..
Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:54 - May 29 with 1435 viewsFireboy

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:11 - May 29 by builthjack

See you buggers there

It's a date
Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:58 - May 29 with 1429 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:51 - May 29 by spiderboy

Do you actually support Wales?
Or is it just that you enjoy knocking them down?
I got to say that,although most of what you say is a statistical fact,there doesn't seem to be a lot of Hwyel in your comments!
Please explain..

Yes I do support Wales. I also want the other home nations to do well. Hopefully England and possibly Northern Ireland will make the rest of the U.K proud at Russia next Summer when watching from home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024