Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck to Huddersfield 09:01 - May 29 with 17315 viewsperchrockjack

This grand old club is on the brink of returning to the top flight

First club to win a trio of first division titles

If you reading this Darren,Phil,Craig ,safe trip and get behind lads all the way

Slubbers Arms ,folks next season. Make a note.Just off Bradford Rd

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:04 - May 29 with 2166 viewsFireboy

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:58 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes I do support Wales. I also want the other home nations to do well. Hopefully England and possibly Northern Ireland will make the rest of the U.K proud at Russia next Summer when watching from home.

Tool

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:37 - May 29 with 2135 viewsEbo

Anyone remember when Huddersfield first moved into what (then) the Mcalpine stadium and we'd just sacked a manager so Curt took charge. We got battered 3-0.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:40 - May 29 with 2124 viewsDarran

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:37 - May 29 by Ebo

Anyone remember when Huddersfield first moved into what (then) the Mcalpine stadium and we'd just sacked a manager so Curt took charge. We got battered 3-0.

They hadn't first moved into it they'd been there for years.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Good luck to Huddersfield on 00:06 - May 30 with 2115 viewsEbo

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:40 - May 29 by Darran

They hadn't first moved into it they'd been there for years.

They moved from Leeds road in 1994 to the new stadium

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Good luck to Huddersfield on 09:15 - May 30 with 2023 viewsperchrockjack

Seen Hudds and us at Ledds ard with another 150 on a wet Tuesday ,whilst on a course in Manchester .

Seen every fixture of us and them ..mcA,galpharm,John smiths .

It's a happy day for us here too

Been in contact with our friends in Yorks and the emotion is palpable

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:26 - May 30 with 1979 viewsDarran

Good luck to Huddersfield on 00:06 - May 30 by Ebo

They moved from Leeds road in 1994 to the new stadium

Correct and we lost 3-0 with Curt in charge in 2004.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:29 - May 30 with 1982 viewsperchrockjack

For traditionalists ,Huddersfield s promotion puts one of the great historical names back in the top flight

Reading....are a nonentity saved by a Billionaire

'Twas a great day yesterday

The Slubbers Arms will be summat

Should take my Uke

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:41 - May 30 with 1972 viewsEasternJack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:26 - May 30 by Darran

Correct and we lost 3-0 with Curt in charge in 2004.

I always associate Huddersfield as one of our bogey teams - they always seemed tougher and more organised than us whenever we came up against them. Frustratingly so.

Since the '94 cup final win, we've played them 10 times: 2 draws, 2 wins and 6 losses.

Next season's banana skin.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Login to get fewer ads

Good luck to Huddersfield on 13:10 - May 30 with 1935 viewsFireboy

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:29 - May 30 by perchrockjack

For traditionalists ,Huddersfield s promotion puts one of the great historical names back in the top flight

Reading....are a nonentity saved by a Billionaire

'Twas a great day yesterday

The Slubbers Arms will be summat

Should take my Uke

Ive already sourced the slubbers out perch

Founder a parking place in between there and the ground in case I have to drive but touch wood I will be having a few with you,builth and fieryjack

Something to look forward to
Good luck to Huddersfield on 16:39 - May 30 with 1877 viewsperchrockjack

Can't remember where we parked but my chum will advise

Hope you're in good voice ,can sing in tune and wear clean shoes

It's the first fixture I ll look for

Good luck to Huddersfield on 16:43 - May 30 with 1870 viewsmonmouth

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:41 - May 30 by EasternJack

I always associate Huddersfield as one of our bogey teams - they always seemed tougher and more organised than us whenever we came up against them. Frustratingly so.

Since the '94 cup final win, we've played them 10 times: 2 draws, 2 wins and 6 losses.

I was at a 3-2 defeat after being 2-0 up just before half time. Pawel frigging Abbott probably why we bought him. That was a pig of a day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Good luck to Huddersfield on 16:50 - May 30 with 1863 viewsperchrockjack

Yep,remember now.abbott.

Fookn bitch

Abbot

Good luck to Huddersfield on 21:11 - May 30 with 1812 viewsbuilthjack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 13:10 - May 30 by Fireboy

Ive already sourced the slubbers out perch

Founder a parking place in between there and the ground in case I have to drive but touch wood I will be having a few with you,builth and fieryjack

Something to look forward to

My good lady wants to come along, as do another couple who we go away regularly with. So Perch will have to put up with the women at football. Make sure you wear those clean shoes.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:25 - May 30 with 1782 viewsFireboy

Good luck to Huddersfield on 16:39 - May 30 by perchrockjack

Can't remember where we parked but my chum will advise

Hope you're in good voice ,can sing in tune and wear clean shoes

It's the first fixture I ll look for

I can sing especially after a few ales and always wear clean shoes

I will also be looking for the Huddersfield away when the fixtures come out
Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:35 - May 30 with 1768 viewsdailew

Good luck to Huddersfield on 11:41 - May 30 by EasternJack

Well remember going to Leeds Rd and losing 1-0.

Fücking Emlyn Hughes o.g.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Good luck to Huddersfield on 10:04 - May 31 with 1733 viewsmonmouth

Good luck to Huddersfield on 23:35 - May 30 by dailew

Well remember going to Leeds Rd and losing 1-0.

Fücking Emlyn Hughes o.g.

Ah, the old joke "I'm not drinking, I'm f*cking Emlyn"

You have to be of a certain vintage.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:39 - May 31 with 1690 viewsmorningstar

Good luck to Huddersfield on 20:19 - May 29 by FieryJack

Swansea is marginally bigger than Huddersfield in terms of population, but their club probably has a more prestigious history, winning Div 1 for 3 successive seasons in the 1920s, as well as the FA cup in the same decade.

The population of Swansea is almost twice that of Huddersfield. Not that it makes much difference to the size of the club of course. After all, the world's population currently stands at 7.5 billion yet Cardiff have 8 billion members on their database but are still a smaller club than us.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Good luck to Huddersfield on 14:38 - Jun 23 with 1470 viewsGlyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/23/huddersfield-fans-premier-leagu

Huddersfield’s chairman, Dean Hoyle, has honoured his pledge to enable thousands of fans to watch the club’s Premier League home games for little more than a fiver a time next season. Hoyle promised in 2010 that fans who had held season cards throughout his tenure as chairman would pay £100 for one if the club reached the Premier League. ...

“Over 4,000 Town fans who have had season cards for the entirety of Dean Hoyle’s tenure as chairman will receive mail from the club this week,” the club said on their website.

The club said fans who qualified would receive three options: a £99 refund on their 2017-18 season card, which costs £199 for adults; a voucher worth £110 to spend in the club’s shops; or to donate their £99 refund to the Town Foundation charity, with Hoyle adding an extra £26 donation.”

It's a great gesture and it isn't even costing the club particularly much: £100 refund x 4,000 = £400,000.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 14:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 14:46 - Jun 23 with 1456 viewsjack247

Good luck to Huddersfield on 14:38 - Jun 23 by Glyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/23/huddersfield-fans-premier-leagu

Huddersfield’s chairman, Dean Hoyle, has honoured his pledge to enable thousands of fans to watch the club’s Premier League home games for little more than a fiver a time next season. Hoyle promised in 2010 that fans who had held season cards throughout his tenure as chairman would pay £100 for one if the club reached the Premier League. ...

“Over 4,000 Town fans who have had season cards for the entirety of Dean Hoyle’s tenure as chairman will receive mail from the club this week,” the club said on their website.

The club said fans who qualified would receive three options: a £99 refund on their 2017-18 season card, which costs £199 for adults; a voucher worth £110 to spend in the club’s shops; or to donate their £99 refund to the Town Foundation charity, with Hoyle adding an extra £26 donation.”

It's a great gesture and it isn't even costing the club particularly much: £100 refund x 4,000 = £400,000.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 14:43]

A season card is a season ticket right? And theirs cost £199?
Good luck to Huddersfield on 15:43 - Jun 23 with 1410 viewsmonmouth

Good luck to Huddersfield on 14:46 - Jun 23 by jack247

A season card is a season ticket right? And theirs cost £199?

It's because they aren't run by the fans by the fans. We were so lucky.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 16:11 - Jun 23 with 1362 viewsjack247

Good luck to Huddersfield on 15:43 - Jun 23 by monmouth

It's because they aren't run by the fans by the fans. We were so lucky.

As much as I slag the sellouts off sometimes, I actually think season tickets for £450-500 are decent value. £200 is astounding though and that's before some of them get £100 back.
Good luck to Huddersfield on 18:56 - Jun 23 with 1264 viewsRancid

I remember us playing them at the Vetch on the last day of the season and they were already promoted I think.Anyway, all their fans went onto the pitch at the final whistle to celebrate and so did we as it's what we done back then.It didnt end well as youd expect.Not sure what the year was but Ill have a guess and say 1996?
Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:10 - Jun 23 with 1244 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:39 - May 31 by morningstar

The population of Swansea is almost twice that of Huddersfield. Not that it makes much difference to the size of the club of course. After all, the world's population currently stands at 7.5 billion yet Cardiff have 8 billion members on their database but are still a smaller club than us.

Huddersfield 2016 population           437,122

Swansea 2016 population 243,892 (including Gower)

That makes Huddersfield nearly twice as big as Swansea. Huddersfield is now part of Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council area.

If you compare the old boundaries of Swansea and Huddersfield before they were combined with surrounding areas to form new local authorities they were both around 170,000 in 1970.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:38 - Jun 23 with 1201 viewsmorningstar

Good luck to Huddersfield on 19:10 - Jun 23 by felixstowe_jack

Huddersfield 2016 population           437,122

Swansea 2016 population 243,892 (including Gower)

That makes Huddersfield nearly twice as big as Swansea. Huddersfield is now part of Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council area.

If you compare the old boundaries of Swansea and Huddersfield before they were combined with surrounding areas to form new local authorities they were both around 170,000 in 1970.

Are you purposely trying to be stupid? Yes Huddersfield is 'part' of Kirklees Metroplitan Borough. It is not the whole of it clearly, as the borough also includes Batley, Birstall, Cleckheaton, Denby Dale, Dewsbury, Heckmondwike, Holmfirth, Kirkburton, Marsden, Meltham, Mirfield and Slaithwaite. The population of Huddersfield in 2017 is listed at 146,234. And i don't care what either town or city's population was nearly 50 years ago!
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 19:58]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024