Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sampdoria ticket prices 14:08 - Jun 9 with 7351 viewsQJumpingJack

Disappointing to see these prices. I am sure previous home friendlies have been cheaper?

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-sampdoria-tickets-f

Another example of how our club has moved further away from the fans?
Sampdoria ticket prices on 13:41 - Jun 12 with 1059 viewslondonlisa2001

Sampdoria ticket prices on 13:33 - Jun 12 by Uxbridge

That's a hell of a leap.

Oh, I'm sorry, I had thought you said that the Trust weren't consulted on this first occasion of ticket prices being set in this new period of detente? Have I misunderstood?
Sampdoria ticket prices on 13:52 - Jun 12 with 1037 viewsUxbridge

Sampdoria ticket prices on 13:41 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I'm sorry, I had thought you said that the Trust weren't consulted on this first occasion of ticket prices being set in this new period of detente? Have I misunderstood?

It would seem so. Unless we're ignoring the other examples over the last 6 months including on such major issues as the issues of Bradley and Clement for example where the Trust were consulted?

Saying this is some sort of confirmation that the detente has been ripped up is a bit silly IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sampdoria ticket prices on 14:31 - Jun 12 with 988 viewsmonmouth

Sampdoria ticket prices on 13:52 - Jun 12 by Uxbridge

It would seem so. Unless we're ignoring the other examples over the last 6 months including on such major issues as the issues of Bradley and Clement for example where the Trust were consulted?

Saying this is some sort of confirmation that the detente has been ripped up is a bit silly IMO.

I look forward to Glasnost and Perestroika.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sampdoria ticket prices on 14:49 - Jun 12 with 972 viewsUxbridge

Sampdoria ticket prices on 14:31 - Jun 12 by monmouth

As am I. They've been banging the goals in in Serie A

Sampdoria ticket prices on 14:51 - Jun 12 with 969 viewslondonlisa2001

Sampdoria ticket prices on 13:52 - Jun 12 by Uxbridge

Hang on, Ux. You are saying that the trust were actually involved in choosing a new manager? Really involved? Or kept informed?

See I wouldn't expect the Trust to be involved with that. What experience does anyone on the Trust have that allows them to choose a premier league manager (no offence to anyone meant by the way). I wouldn't expect any involvement in what I'd call 'football matters'.

And yet, I would expect the Trust to be involved in things like ticket pricing. And everything else to do with what I'd call 'club matters' or 'supporter matters'.

Maybe I've just completely lost touch with what the supporters director position is all about. In which case, ignore me.
Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:16 - Jun 12 with 945 viewsUxbridge

Sampdoria ticket prices on 14:51 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

Hang on, Ux. You are saying that the trust were actually involved in choosing a new manager? Really involved? Or kept informed?

See I wouldn't expect the Trust to be involved with that. What experience does anyone on the Trust have that allows them to choose a premier league manager (no offence to anyone meant by the way). I wouldn't expect any involvement in what I'd call 'football matters'.

And yet, I would expect the Trust to be involved in things like ticket pricing. And everything else to do with what I'd call 'club matters' or 'supporter matters'.

Maybe I've just completely lost touch with what the supporters director position is all about. In which case, ignore me.

Ah see, I would. I would expect the Trust to sign off on the managerial appointments. In fact I'd expect any substantial stakeholder to have a say in that sort of thing ... it's fundamental to the business. It's never going to be the Trust's job to identify targets (player or managerial) for exactly the reason you identify but signoff is a different thing entirely. If there was someone the club thought was right for the job who would be completely unpalatable to the Trust and its members then there has to be that sort of check.

As for the roles of the SD and such, this was all documented along with the other Trust roles as part of the governance docs produced last year. You can read at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust-board/

Ticketing would come under that, and is obviously one of the most important things to the members. No argument this should have been reviewed beforehand (and it's been raised), however I know Stu has regular meetings and engagement with those at the club and things occur all the time that require input.

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:28 - Jun 12 with 928 viewslondonlisa2001

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:16 - Jun 12 by Uxbridge

Ah see, I would. I would expect the Trust to sign off on the managerial appointments. In fact I'd expect any substantial stakeholder to have a say in that sort of thing ... it's fundamental to the business. It's never going to be the Trust's job to identify targets (player or managerial) for exactly the reason you identify but signoff is a different thing entirely. If there was someone the club thought was right for the job who would be completely unpalatable to the Trust and its members then there has to be that sort of check.

As for the roles of the SD and such, this was all documented along with the other Trust roles as part of the governance docs produced last year. You can read at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust-board/

Ticketing would come under that, and is obviously one of the most important things to the members. No argument this should have been reviewed beforehand (and it's been raised), however I know Stu has regular meetings and engagement with those at the club and things occur all the time that require input.

It may be our different interpretation. I'd agree with the assertion that the Trust and other directors should be informed of the reasons for the appointment, how the process was handled, and even have the right to say 'we have no problem with that' or 'have you considered this as part of the decision', but the decisions are football matters and I wouldn't expect active participation.

But I'm struggling with the notion that on ticket pricing that participation is not sought, and is explained away by people being on holiday. Similarly with stuff like next season's kit etc not being available at the appropriate time for the kids who want it (or with any date being given which would at least be a start). That's just ridiculous.
Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:35 - Jun 12 with 910 viewsUxbridge

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:28 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

It may be our different interpretation. I'd agree with the assertion that the Trust and other directors should be informed of the reasons for the appointment, how the process was handled, and even have the right to say 'we have no problem with that' or 'have you considered this as part of the decision', but the decisions are football matters and I wouldn't expect active participation.

But I'm struggling with the notion that on ticket pricing that participation is not sought, and is explained away by people being on holiday. Similarly with stuff like next season's kit etc not being available at the appropriate time for the kids who want it (or with any date being given which would at least be a start). That's just ridiculous.

The kit situation is different. There are reasons there, which the Trust is aware of. Not ideal, I would agree.

Anyway, round in circles. I tend to think the regular engagement between the club and the Trust over the last 6 months in particular demonstrate that there is typically that engagement. Clearly not this time though, but I wouldn't then leap to the opposite conclusion just from that.

Login to get fewer ads

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:36 - Jun 12 with 907 viewswaynekerr55

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:28 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

RE - your last paragraph, wasn't this something Pearlman was brought in to improve? Interesting as at least Dineen had these released early...

Edited - f*cking pErChIE kisboYd
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 15:39]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:39 - Jun 12 with 899 viewsmonmouth

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:36 - Jun 12 by waynekerr55

RE - your last paragraph, wasn't this something Pearlman was brought in to improve? Interesting as at least Dineen had these released early...

Edited - f*cking pErChIE kisboYd
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 15:39]

New sponsor, contract not finalised, maybe? Unless it is a factor like that, delay is a bit unfathomable.

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:50 - Jun 12 with 870 viewslondonlisa2001

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:35 - Jun 12 by Uxbridge

The kit situation is different. There are reasons there, which the Trust is aware of. Not ideal, I would agree.

Anyway, round in circles. I tend to think the regular engagement between the club and the Trust over the last 6 months in particular demonstrate that there is typically that engagement. Clearly not this time though, but I wouldn't then leap to the opposite conclusion just from that.

But then why doesn't the Trust say anything ? Even now, you've said more than the Trust had released, which just leads to people getting irritated.

There is actually no point in having Trust knowledge if the Trust then can't say anything.

If the Trust said something like 'sponsor deals were delayed because of uncertainty about relegation' then fine. I mean, it would still be crap as it's easy to work round those things, but at least it would be known crap. Or shirt deals were not thought good enough but we've tried to see if we can do something different hence the delay but it's too late at this point.

Or anything really. It keeps coming back to communication. "The Trust weren't involved in the ticket pricing decision for the pre season friendly but have complained about this to x and the situation will be reviewed" or 'we have been informed that it will not be reviewed' - would be so much better than people complain about prices and as a result the Trust let it out that they were not consulted.

I'm not having a go at you Ux, or at least, that's not my motivation, but some more communication would make such a difference when it comes to next month's renewal.
Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 866 viewsEasternJack

Ran out of white dye?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Sampdoria ticket prices on 16:02 - Jun 12 with 854 viewsDewi1jack

So,
£20 to watch a friendly where neither team may field a strong team, or change 11 players at half time.

If the club goes with the good PR of "£20's plenty" again next season then we can get a ticket to Wemberlee to watch us in a competitive game beating Tottingham, Old Trafford (another easy 3 points) The Emirates (Cheers for the 3 points Wenger!), Anfield, Amex and every other stadium for the same price.

Mmmm.
How to win fans, a fair few of whom are still angry with the sellout of the club, over
See the group that sets ticket prices (assuming the Commercial side) is playing an absolute blinder.
Again

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sampdoria ticket prices on 16:21 - Jun 12 with 839 viewsUxbridge

Sampdoria ticket prices on 15:50 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

But then why doesn't the Trust say anything ? Even now, you've said more than the Trust had released, which just leads to people getting irritated.

There is actually no point in having Trust knowledge if the Trust then can't say anything.

If the Trust said something like 'sponsor deals were delayed because of uncertainty about relegation' then fine. I mean, it would still be crap as it's easy to work round those things, but at least it would be known crap. Or shirt deals were not thought good enough but we've tried to see if we can do something different hence the delay but it's too late at this point.

Or anything really. It keeps coming back to communication. "The Trust weren't involved in the ticket pricing decision for the pre season friendly but have complained about this to x and the situation will be reviewed" or 'we have been informed that it will not be reviewed' - would be so much better than people complain about prices and as a result the Trust let it out that they were not consulted.

I'm not having a go at you Ux, or at least, that's not my motivation, but some more communication would make such a difference when it comes to next month's renewal.

Ah maybe you're right, I probably shouldn't have said anything unless I can give a complete answer. It often just leads to more questions, some of which I can't answer because they can't be in the public domain yet (and you're not quite on the mark with your theory asto the why) and there are usually many reasons for that. But then, if nothing is said, it'll bring its own criticisms.

I fundamentally disagree with your second sentence though ... there are things which sometimes can't become public knowledge but I would much prefer that the Trust has visibility on such things and can act accordingly if necessary.

There's a lot I'd like to say about a lot of things, however hands are tied until everything can be made public in the near future. I'm rather looking forward to that, being the opinionated sort I am. Hopefully the membership, once everything is laid out in the near future, will understand why.

Sampdoria ticket prices on 08:11 - Jun 13 with 720 viewsQJumpingJack

Two Swans fans I know who have supported the club for 40+ years and missed a handful of home games in that period are boycotting this match.

In the last 12-15 months there seems to be a real arrogance from the club. Taking the fans for granted.

A boycott of this fixture would hurt the Americans in the pocket. It may make them realise they can not do what they want, when they want without considering the fans/customers.

If the Trust were not consulted on this, then perhaps the Trust Directors could boycott the match/or boardroom.
Sampdoria ticket prices on 20:49 - Jun 13 with 608 viewskarnataka

Sampdoria ticket prices on 14:31 - Jun 12 by monmouth

About time we made some signings. What positions do they play?
Sampdoria ticket prices on 20:51 - Jun 13 with 598 viewsmonmouth

Sampdoria ticket prices on 20:49 - Jun 13 by karnataka

About time we made some signings. What positions do they play?

Sorry mate. Ux already scored the tap in, that I didn't even see.

Sampdoria ticket prices on 20:56 - Jun 13 with 585 viewskarnataka

Sampdoria ticket prices on 20:51 - Jun 13 by monmouth

Sorry mate. Ux already scored the tap in, that I didn't even see.

Never mind.
Sampdoria ticket prices on 10:20 - Jun 16 with 477 viewsDafyddHuw

Got mine yesterday. £7.50. Bargain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024