Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Trust Email 20:09 - Jun 29 with 121347 viewsNeath_Jack

Regarding the options open to us.

It's going to cause some massive debate on here i reckon

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Interesting Trust Email on 19:33 - Jun 30 with 2100 viewsUxbridge

Interesting Trust Email on 19:25 - Jun 30 by Valerie

A fine and criminal record for the ones who broke the law sounds OK to me.

Why do you obviously not want that?

Given that the offer is conditional on the Trust not pursuing legal action, and the Trust are recommending the deal, the two things don't tally.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Interesting Trust Email on 19:37 - Jun 30 with 2083 viewslondonlisa2001

Interesting Trust Email on 19:33 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Given that the offer is conditional on the Trust not pursuing legal action, and the Trust are recommending the deal, the two things don't tally.

On the legal action bit, does the proposed deal mean, as an example, that you drop any right to take action on any prejudice of the Trust's minority interest going forward?

As an example, the Trust agree this deal, the Americans pay themselves a management fee of a million quid at the end of this season. Can you take action as that act prejudices the minority or not?
Interesting Trust Email on 19:38 - Jun 30 with 2083 viewsShaky

Interesting Trust Email on 19:33 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Last I checked "The English Legal System" on my infamous bookshelf, it didn't seem to me the Trust has much discretion in decisions regarding whether to launch criminal prosecutions!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Interesting Trust Email on 19:39 - Jun 30 with 2076 viewsUxbridge

Interesting Trust Email on 19:29 - Jun 30 by Shaky

Perhaps it woul help clarify matters more generally if members asked their Trust representatives to publish the QC's opinion they paid 30 grand for, rather then have to rely on second hand accounts?

Or did the £30k in fact break down to £5k for the QC as originally stated plus £25 for Dai Little? Hmmmm?

Final one from me for the day... Really should remind the family I exist.

Are you really asking the Trust to publish the legal guidance from the QC, which would outline the case in detail and why it is strong, so that everyone can see it, including the Americans? Bonkers mun. Not me saying that, that's the QC advice.

As for breakdown Etc such things are detailed in the Trust minutes each month.

Have a good evening!

Interesting Trust Email on 19:41 - Jun 30 with 2064 viewsUxbridge

Interesting Trust Email on 19:37 - Jun 30 by londonlisa2001

On the legal action bit, does the proposed deal mean, as an example, that you drop any right to take action on any prejudice of the Trust's minority interest going forward?

As an example, the Trust agree this deal, the Americans pay themselves a management fee of a million quid at the end of this season. Can you take action as that act prejudices the minority or not?

OK quick final one. Relates solely to the previous transaction as I read it. Anything else would be an issue I would agree.

Interesting Trust Email on 19:43 - Jun 30 with 2049 viewsexiledclaseboy

Interesting Trust Email on 19:38 - Jun 30 by Shaky

Last I checked "The English Legal System" on my infamous bookshelf, it didn't seem to me the Trust has much discretion in decisions regarding whether to launch criminal prosecutions!

Someone needs to call the rozzers.

Poll: Tory leader

Interesting Trust Email on 19:44 - Jun 30 with 2046 viewsShaky

Interesting Trust Email on 19:39 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Are you really asking the Trust to publish the legal guidance from the QC, which would outline the case in detail and why it is strong, so that everyone can see it, including the Americans? Bonkers mun. Not me saying that, that's the QC advice.

Have a good evening!

If the case is strong, it is strong.

You should be shouting it from the rooftops to scare the bejesus out of the Americans and has them quivering in their boots, not bending over backwards to strike a deal that doesn't offend them and their delicate sensibilities in the slightest.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Interesting Trust Email on 19:46 - Jun 30 with 2033 viewsBLAZE

What bothers me most is that we as fans have done absolutely nothing to unseat the corrupt bastard - we've sat on our hands pending trust investigation and outcome just to be told to let it slide - because apparently we've got 'no say in the matter'. We do have a say. We have a voice times 20,000 every match day. We protest, we chant, we make the f*cker dread having to step foot in the ground every other week.

But the truth is too much time has passed now, apathy has set in and the majority of the fans have no fight and are willing to forgive and forget. It makes me sick. For years we crowed about being better than Cardiff - are we f*ck. In some people's eyes the January transfer window was enough to redeem Jenkins - it's bewildering. If it wasn't for him and his accomplices we wouldn't have been in such a disastrous position to begin with. He gets no credit for our survival from me.

Legal action all day long. Go out swinging with our pride intact and a fairly strong case to boot. All this about burning bridges with the new owners - so f*cking what. They're already doing what they want in insisting Jenkins stays despite the fans and trusts disapproval. The point blank refusal to consider Jenkins' position just proves that the new owners will do exactly what the new owners want to do. This offer is a patronising tap on the head and any platitudes are hollow. It's lip service to keep us sweet. Let the trust feel as though they've bargained a good outcome and while they tap each other on the back, the Americans and sell outs can go about business as normal. No doubt sniggering at how easy it has all been.

We've been tucked up and we're on the brink of accepting it without so much as a whimper.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Trust Email on 19:53 - Jun 30 with 2003 viewsmax936

Interesting Trust Email on 19:46 - Jun 30 by BLAZE

What bothers me most is that we as fans have done absolutely nothing to unseat the corrupt bastard - we've sat on our hands pending trust investigation and outcome just to be told to let it slide - because apparently we've got 'no say in the matter'. We do have a say. We have a voice times 20,000 every match day. We protest, we chant, we make the f*cker dread having to step foot in the ground every other week.

But the truth is too much time has passed now, apathy has set in and the majority of the fans have no fight and are willing to forgive and forget. It makes me sick. For years we crowed about being better than Cardiff - are we f*ck. In some people's eyes the January transfer window was enough to redeem Jenkins - it's bewildering. If it wasn't for him and his accomplices we wouldn't have been in such a disastrous position to begin with. He gets no credit for our survival from me.

Legal action all day long. Go out swinging with our pride intact and a fairly strong case to boot. All this about burning bridges with the new owners - so f*cking what. They're already doing what they want in insisting Jenkins stays despite the fans and trusts disapproval. The point blank refusal to consider Jenkins' position just proves that the new owners will do exactly what the new owners want to do. This offer is a patronising tap on the head and any platitudes are hollow. It's lip service to keep us sweet. Let the trust feel as though they've bargained a good outcome and while they tap each other on the back, the Americans and sell outs can go about business as normal. No doubt sniggering at how easy it has all been.

We've been tucked up and we're on the brink of accepting it without so much as a whimper.

BEST POST OF THE THREAD, scrap that the Best post over the whole debacle.

Superb stuff

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Interesting Trust Email on 20:04 - Jun 30 with 1955 viewsspikeee

I have been in two minds about this probably as have others but having read that post Blaze I have to agree i.e. They do what they want and to hell with what supporters wish - so absolutely F.ck em and go for legal. Either they'll come back with a better offer or it goes to court and all their shady dealings get aired in public.
Go for it now whilst we have the chance, or bend over and take the cash up the @rse and keep your gob shut,

Probably shouldn't type on here after beer so will have to logout again now I'm raging !
Interesting Trust Email on 20:16 - Jun 30 with 1905 viewsswancity

Well said. The Trust clearly are afraid of really taking this further. I'm not sure why as they have as water tight a case as you will see. It makes you want to vomit.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Interesting Trust Email on 20:17 - Jun 30 with 1894 viewsOldjack

I've been saying this from the start .Also these Yanks must have known from the off the trust were being stitched up ,and didn't give a shyte

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Interesting Trust Email on 20:18 - Jun 30 with 1891 viewsswancity

Interesting Trust Email on 19:39 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Have a good evening!

Such a strong case and so little desire to exact revenge. Strange.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Interesting Trust Email on 20:20 - Jun 30 with 1870 viewsNeathJack

Interesting Trust Email on 13:07 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Why? It's not been an issue until recently - it is only in the last few years the Trust has had a pot to urinate into, ironically thanks to the divi payments. Until recently, the objective had always been to keep funds to purchase more shares if at all possible.

It's the detail below that. Can the Trust go out and buy a social club for example? It's unclear. Once clarified, I'd suggest we'd need to canvass the members also in terms of how to use any funds in the future.

While I appreciate that the plan had always been to invest in more shares wherever possible, it's been what 4 years since the first substantial dividend and maybe 3 years since Yanks v1.0 so it's not as if it has suddenly become a question overnight.

The point being that the board are recommending that the members accept the cash offer for the shares but appear to have limited knowledge of what that cash can subsequently be used for. Surely in order for members to have a fully informed opinion, that needs to be made clear before any vote rather than afterwards?

On a second point if I may, given that the board have recommended acceptance of the offer, A) is the board able to say if this was a unanimous recommendation and B) was any advice sought from the QC (or other) as to any possible repercussions in regard to the strength of the legal action if a recommendation was made and subsequently rejected?

Thanks.
Interesting Trust Email on 20:21 - Jun 30 with 1862 viewsDarran

Another thing that staggers me is even after the Yanks admitted in another Fans Forum that Huw Jenkins (and others) acted in an underhand way they want to keep him on.

It's weird.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting Trust Email on 20:26 - Jun 30 with 1833 viewsNeathJack

Interesting Trust Email on 20:21 - Jun 30 by Darran

Another thing that staggers me is even after the Yanks admitted in another Fans Forum that Huw Jenkins (and others) acted in an underhand way they want to keep him on.

It's weird.

Appears to be a case of better the devil you know for them.

It would be interesting to see how long the snake lasted if the case was to go to court and the Trust won meaning Jenkins basically cost the Yanks another £20m odd.
Interesting Trust Email on 20:27 - Jun 30 with 1821 viewsOldjack

Interesting Trust Email on 20:21 - Jun 30 by Darran

It's weird.

Because they were in on it ? no morals or principles

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Interesting Trust Email on 20:30 - Jun 30 with 1798 viewsDarran

Interesting Trust Email on 20:27 - Jun 30 by Oldjack

Because they were in on it ? no morals or principles

That's a question Alan.

If you bought a business off someone and then found out they'd spun a wicked web of wànk to sell it would you then trust them to run that business for you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting Trust Email on 20:35 - Jun 30 with 1780 viewsOldjack

Interesting Trust Email on 20:30 - Jun 30 by Darran

That's a question Alan.

If you bought a business off someone and then found out they'd spun a wicked web of wànk to sell it would you then trust them to run that business for you?

init ,it speaks volumes ,as Blaze said they're taking the piss out of the trust

Interesting Trust Email on 20:40 - Jun 30 with 1747 viewsmax936

Interesting Trust Email on 20:30 - Jun 30 by Darran

That's a question Alan.

Fuk clearing his desk either, just get the fukout and never return, there's things that have gone on that we'll never hear or know about, it must have, my mind is working overtime though at the moment, been waiting for the outcome and been sensing somin like this, yanks are playing poker with the trust and the club.

Interesting Trust Email on 20:44 - Jun 30 with 1725 viewsAlarch

Been dipping into this for the past 24 hours.

Those whose main objective in this vote is to see Jenkins et al be held to account...What exactly do you hope to achieve? What should happen to the sellers for the Trust/fan base to be vindicated? What is success?
Interesting Trust Email on 20:46 - Jun 30 with 1717 viewsfbreath

If it has taken numerous discussions between trust and owners to get to this offer we have now I wonder how bad the previous offers from them were and what they were hoping to get away with.

I think we should go legal route we owe it to the people that helped get the club to safety all those years ago who are no longer with us. The hundreds of people no longer with us who contributed money in buckets etc.

Whatever the outcome of legal proceedings scfc will still be around.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Interesting Trust Email on 20:50 - Jun 30 with 1691 viewsmax936

Interesting Trust Email on 20:44 - Jun 30 by Alarch

Those whose main objective in this vote is to see Jenkins et al be held to account...What exactly do you hope to achieve? What should happen to the sellers for the Trust/fan base to be vindicated? What is success?

Main objective for me is that they all, lock stock and barrel leave the club and never ever return and for the Fan's Trust to be fully compensated for the deceit, hung drawn and quartered would be a perfect alternative though.

Interesting Trust Email on 20:56 - Jun 30 with 1653 viewsMeraki

How f*cking disappointing.
Interesting Trust Email on 21:01 - Jun 30 with 1637 viewsBLAZE

Interesting Trust Email on 20:44 - Jun 30 by Alarch

The removal of Jenkins and Dineen from paid employment within the club. After what they have done, to still draw a massive wage is simply unacceptable.

In fact, if the Americans want to prove they are perceptive toward fan feeling, let's go a step further and ban them from the Liberty full stop. They can stay home on a Saturday afternoon and count their winnings instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024