Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL 17:12 - Jun 30 with 37800 viewsPhil_S

Just had a conversation with Tatey and he is happy for this detail to appear here

The Alan Tate testimonial match will take place at the Liberty on 9th August

Swansea City Legends XI v Manchester United Legends XI

Two sides let by Tatey and Darren Fletcher will battle it out with a 7pm kick off

Ticket prices will be £12 adults/£6 juniors - ticket arrangements to be released next week

Please support Tatey in his testimonial
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:39 - Aug 4 with 4450 viewsbonymine

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 20:13 - Aug 4 by Loyal

We've been here before, greed is a terrible thing.

I know where you're coming from Loyal but in terms of modern day football where, for example Tammy Abraham as a 19 year old, signs a long term contract with Chelsea on £50k a week then signs for us on loan, this is a million miles away from the times and financial rewards when Tatey played ?
Yes I'm sure he earned a 'decent' wage at the time compared to 'Joe Public' yet I can never forget the immense pleasure he brought to me as a Swans fan seeing somebody playing their heart out in a Swans shirt week in week out when in today's times, so many footballers choose to play 'when they feel like it' and some are earning £50/100k a week'.
So for me I will be there to support Beaker next week and will enjoy the evening and quite frankly, don't care where my £12 goes be it the Club, Tatey, Trunds, Robbo, Roberto, Brendan etc etc ... I WILL enjoy next Wednesday evening 👍👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:53 - Aug 4 with 4428 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:39 - Aug 4 by bonymine

I know where you're coming from Loyal but in terms of modern day football where, for example Tammy Abraham as a 19 year old, signs a long term contract with Chelsea on £50k a week then signs for us on loan, this is a million miles away from the times and financial rewards when Tatey played ?
Yes I'm sure he earned a 'decent' wage at the time compared to 'Joe Public' yet I can never forget the immense pleasure he brought to me as a Swans fan seeing somebody playing their heart out in a Swans shirt week in week out when in today's times, so many footballers choose to play 'when they feel like it' and some are earning £50/100k a week'.
So for me I will be there to support Beaker next week and will enjoy the evening and quite frankly, don't care where my £12 goes be it the Club, Tatey, Trunds, Robbo, Roberto, Brendan etc etc ... I WILL enjoy next Wednesday evening 👍👍

Most certainly agree with the Tammy comparison, however, as I have said before he played at the highest level with a three year contract when the minimum we paid established professionals was 8k a week and Tatey got more. That's in excess of a million. That's not including three years as a championship player where even if he was on half that its 500k. I don't begrudge him anything, but for any player who played and was very well rewarded at the highest level they should not be given even more money. It's pretty disgusting, but as I have said we have been here before.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 22:03 - Aug 4 with 4407 viewsbonymine

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:53 - Aug 4 by Loyal

Most certainly agree with the Tammy comparison, however, as I have said before he played at the highest level with a three year contract when the minimum we paid established professionals was 8k a week and Tatey got more. That's in excess of a million. That's not including three years as a championship player where even if he was on half that its 500k. I don't begrudge him anything, but for any player who played and was very well rewarded at the highest level they should not be given even more money. It's pretty disgusting, but as I have said we have been here before.

Agree to disagree then mate 👍

Everyone is obliged to make their own decision on this .... I just see a true Swans legend in Tatey who gave his all over 10 years or more and probably earned just as much as those other 'Swans Legends' who have been with us for 'five minutes ' ; such as ;

Jefferson 'Hamstring/Quad' Montero

or Modu 'Headless Chicken' Barrow ???

I rest my case

STID Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 08:35 - Aug 5 with 4329 viewsMeraki

Let him take the money, hes bloody earned it - but don't come out and say its going to charity.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 4292 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 08:35 - Aug 5 by Meraki

Let him take the money, hes bloody earned it - but don't come out and say its going to charity.

I think you will find he has already been paid.
This is extra 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:59 - Aug 5 with 4288 viewsMeraki

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:56 - Aug 5 by Loyal

I think you will find he has already been paid.
This is extra 👍

Thats fair, what gets on my nerves is people bang on about loyalty etc. Lets be honest he would of fvcked off if someone offered to pay him more - and I've got no problem with that.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 11:16 - Aug 5 with 4276 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:59 - Aug 5 by Meraki

Thats fair, what gets on my nerves is people bang on about loyalty etc. Lets be honest he would of fvcked off if someone offered to pay him more - and I've got no problem with that.

I mentioned this to my big boss on Wednesday.
He looked confused and asked if I was enjoying the German ale too much.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 11:25 - Aug 5 with 4254 viewsSwans777

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:59 - Aug 5 by Meraki

You're stating the obvious there, my friend.
He was loyal though and deserves his day in the sun.
I shall be going to the match, and couldn't careless where the proceeds are going.
Login to get fewer ads

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 4234 viewsWhiterockin

Why wasn't today's game his testimonial. You don't need to play them against a former club and play ex players. Curt had his against Fulham as a pre season, we could have had a full house today.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 13:36 - Aug 5 with 4208 viewsAguycalledJack

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 12:21 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

Why wasn't today's game his testimonial. You don't need to play them against a former club and play ex players. Curt had his against Fulham as a pre season, we could have had a full house today.

Because it would not be classed as a Swansea city event. As such the club would not get any cash.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 20:48 - Aug 5 with 4146 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect all the charities will be represented at the game? A presentation before the game? Mentions in the porgramme? Advertising on the screens/boards. This is how other Premier League operate for a testimonial.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 3983 viewsSwans777

Hopefully there will be a decent crowd on Wednesday.
He deserves it.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:09 - Aug 7 with 3964 viewsEasternJack

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36884991

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:10 - Aug 7 with 3960 viewsraynor94

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 20:48 - Aug 5 by QJumpingJack

I expect all the charities will be represented at the game? A presentation before the game? Mentions in the porgramme? Advertising on the screens/boards. This is how other Premier League operate for a testimonial.

With the greatest respect give it a rest, if you are not happy with it fine, but there are quite a lot of us, who want to go to show our respect to a fantastic servant

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:10 - Aug 7 with 3960 viewsDarran

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:03 - Aug 7 by Swans777

Hopefully there will be a decent crowd on Wednesday.
He deserves it.

Decent crowd? Only the upper east and west is open and there's plenty of tickets.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:14 - Aug 7 with 3953 viewsSwans777

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:10 - Aug 7 by Darran

Decent crowd? Only the upper east and west is open and there's plenty of tickets.

That's disappointing.
Hopefully there'll be a decent walk up crowd.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:16 - Aug 7 with 3943 viewsDarran

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:14 - Aug 7 by Swans777

That's disappointing.

Yes it is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 07:37 - Aug 8 with 3846 viewsSwansea93

Tate said he wanted De Vries and Scott Sinclair to play but couldn't due to training commitments. I thought Jason Scotland might of played.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:41 - Aug 8 with 3688 viewsneuaddsibly

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:14 - Aug 7 by Swans777

That's disappointing.

Popped in to get my tickets this morning, only corners were left according to the ladies, tickets were doin well
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:46 - Aug 8 with 3682 viewsJack_y_Jwc

It's also live on the telebox (MUTV)

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:11 - Aug 8 with 3655 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 07:37 - Aug 8 by Swansea93

Tate said he wanted De Vries and Scott Sinclair to play but couldn't due to training commitments. I thought Jason Scotland might of played.

I think they should have played as well.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:14 - Aug 8 with 3646 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:10 - Aug 7 by raynor94

With the greatest respect give it a rest, if you are not happy with it fine, but there are quite a lot of us, who want to go to show our respect to a fantastic servant

Those that are quite happy with it should give it a rest, there are quite a lot of us who would like to make a point even though Tatey has been a fantastic servant.

With respect.

Edit - This isn't about Tatey. He has earned in excess of 4 million from football. 👍
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 16:23]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024