Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you guilty? 07:45 - Jul 4 with 1803 viewsMuteswan

I doubt that anyone on here would stoop so low!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40483486
Are you guilty? on 08:07 - Jul 4 with 1737 viewsSTID2017

The question they left out was "Would you pay for a lower priced subscription / season pass / PPV that allowed you to legally watch your team's games ? "
The result, I'm sure would have been a resounding "Yes"

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are you guilty? on 08:15 - Jul 4 with 1710 viewsMuteswan

Are you guilty? on 08:07 - Jul 4 by STID2017

The question they left out was "Would you pay for a lower priced subscription / season pass / PPV that allowed you to legally watch your team's games ? "
The result, I'm sure would have been a resounding "Yes"

Absolutely agree. A guaranteed HD picture for every game would be very acceptable for a reasonable cost but even if Sky were to provide this service I suspect they would charge ridiculous prices.
Are you guilty? on 09:25 - Jul 4 with 1571 viewsMagic_Michu

I'm sure pretty much everyone would pay around the £15 a month mark to guarantee watching their team each week legally.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Are you guilty? on 09:26 - Jul 4 with 1566 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Well if the BBC broadcast live PL matches there would be no need for illegal streams.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Are you guilty? on 09:29 - Jul 4 with 1560 viewsSTID2017

Are you guilty? on 08:15 - Jul 4 by Muteswan

Absolutely agree. A guaranteed HD picture for every game would be very acceptable for a reasonable cost but even if Sky were to provide this service I suspect they would charge ridiculous prices.

You're probably right about the price Sky would charge, plus I suspect the reason many are with Sky is because of the sports packages.
If they were offered via a legal different option, I suspect the amount of people who are Sky customers would fall signifantly

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are you guilty? on 10:27 - Jul 4 with 1451 viewsNeath_Jack

The thing is chaps, if they lowered their prices significantly, then there would be less money going to clubs. Less money going into the clubs would mean less money to pay for transfers and wages. It probably wouldn't be a massive disaster to the big clubs, but to us it would really f*ck us up i'd imagine. We are in a position at the moment where we can pay more wages than a lot of the big clubs on the continent so we'd lose that pull straight away.

The Premier League is surely going to go pop one day.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are you guilty? on 10:34 - Jul 4 with 1415 viewsMagic_Michu

If the TV companies stopped putting so much money into the Premier League I would imaging transfer fees and player wages would fall pretty quickly across the board... maybe a good thing.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Are you guilty? on 10:47 - Jul 4 with 1370 viewsHighjack

Are you guilty? on 10:27 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

The thing is chaps, if they lowered their prices significantly, then there would be less money going to clubs. Less money going into the clubs would mean less money to pay for transfers and wages. It probably wouldn't be a massive disaster to the big clubs, but to us it would really f*ck us up i'd imagine. We are in a position at the moment where we can pay more wages than a lot of the big clubs on the continent so we'd lose that pull straight away.

Not necessarily, lowering the subscription might result in more viewers which means they'd be able to charge more for the constant adverts.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you guilty? on 10:55 - Jul 4 with 1349 viewsjack247

Are you guilty? on 10:34 - Jul 4 by Magic_Michu

If the TV companies stopped putting so much money into the Premier League I would imaging transfer fees and player wages would fall pretty quickly across the board... maybe a good thing.

I don't think it would for us. It would eventually lead to the traditionally bigger clubs with the larger stadiums and bigger fan bases replacing the likes of us, Brighton and Bournemouth. The TV money is massive for the poorer clubs in the PL, it allows us to narrow the gap between ourselves and the elite and increase it between ourselves and the likes of Leeds and Forest.

The massive TV money in football may damage the game as a whole, but it allows teams like the Swans to compete at a higher level than we would otherwise be able to sustain.
Are you guilty? on 11:27 - Jul 4 with 1276 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are you guilty? on 10:27 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

It is not just a case of lowering their prices and losing revenue.
Their Current packages are not suitable to the average Club Fan, but OK for "Football" or "Premiership" fans.
What we need is tailored packages of all matches of one club at a reasonable price.
Instead of a loss of revenue that could well increase their revenue as a lot more fans would probably be interested.
Are you guilty? on 20:52 - Jul 4 with 913 viewsjacktar

It's the PL that stops live broadcasting of games on Saturday afternoon KOs which would affect the match attendances. I pay for full package Virgin Media (don't go for Kodi or the like) so watch all the televised games legally. I'm at the Liberty for home games but it's the Saturday afternoon away games I would be tempted to watch online (only tempted mind).

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024