Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi's Replacement 08:15 - Jul 9 with 6969 viewsmagicdaps10

For me it has to be Ryad Boudebouz.
Also have to use the money to get a quality winger in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi's Replacement on 08:55 - Jul 9 with 4973 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I'd have loved Calhanoglu from Leverkusen but unfortunately he went to Milan. I also like Emil Forsberg from Leipzeg but its going to be a difficult transfer to get right. We have to hope that they've had a decent replacement lined up in the 'just in case' scenario, however, with HJ's track record we can't live in expectation too much
Gylfi's Replacement on 09:10 - Jul 9 with 4907 viewsmagicdaps10

Well I would say the realistic one would be Jens Toornstra. Toornstra would not be a bad signing but all the money taken if we sell Siggy has to be reinvested with 3 quality signings to make the team better.

Gylfi's Replacement on 10:02 - Jul 9 with 4749 viewseddie71

First of all he should not go for less than 40 end of.

Replacements I am going to go British, Cairney of Fulham or Pritchard of Norwich.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 10:04]
Gylfi's Replacement on 10:41 - Jul 9 with 4621 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi's Replacement on 10:02 - Jul 9 by eddie71

Replacements I am going to go British, Cairney of Fulham or Pritchard of Norwich.

You want a championship player to replace a proven premier league goal scoring midfielder?

No thanks.
Gylfi's Replacement on 10:49 - Jul 9 with 4578 viewsLoyal

I suppose people can suggest what they like, nothing will come of it.
If replacements aren't in place by the USA tour we haven't thought about it as a club either.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gylfi's Replacement on 10:51 - Jul 9 with 4563 viewsmagicdaps10

Gylfi's Replacement on 10:02 - Jul 9 by eddie71

If we were to sign either of those two to replace Siggy....god help us!!

Gylfi's Replacement on 10:52 - Jul 9 with 4554 viewsWhiterockin

Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-nex
Gylfi's Replacement on 11:11 - Jul 9 with 4459 viewsgiantstoneater

It`s been no secret that Everton have coveted Siggy for a long time now so they have had plenty of time to weigh up options so I hope they have one of their "lists" ready to go for the best possible replacement. I hope that we hold out for 40 million. I fear that once Siggy goes it will push Llorente closer to the exit door shades of last season when we let Ayeuw and Williams leave and our survival was almost an accident an injury to Cork bringing Leon back into the fold, the late pairing of Fernandez and Mawson and a decent winter window. So far we`ve had a decent start in this window especially with the signing of "Rocky" but I think most of us would agree we need at least two more quality signings should we lose Siggy and Llorente make that 4.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi's Replacement on 11:27 - Jul 9 with 4405 viewsWhiterockin

Gylfi's Replacement on 11:11 - Jul 9 by giantstoneater

It`s been no secret that Everton have coveted Siggy for a long time now so they have had plenty of time to weigh up options so I hope they have one of their "lists" ready to go for the best possible replacement. I hope that we hold out for 40 million. I fear that once Siggy goes it will push Llorente closer to the exit door shades of last season when we let Ayeuw and Williams leave and our survival was almost an accident an injury to Cork bringing Leon back into the fold, the late pairing of Fernandez and Mawson and a decent winter window. So far we`ve had a decent start in this window especially with the signing of "Rocky" but I think most of us would agree we need at least two more quality signings should we lose Siggy and Llorente make that 4.

"our survival was almost an accident"

Wrong our survival was due to appointing a decent manager and getting rid of a crap one.
Gylfi's Replacement on 11:30 - Jul 9 with 4388 viewsMeraki

Gylfi's Replacement on 10:41 - Jul 9 by 34dfgdf54

You want a championship player to replace a proven premier league goal scoring midfielder?

No thanks.

Thats probably what will happen.
Gylfi's Replacement on 11:32 - Jul 9 with 4380 viewsgiantstoneater

Gylfi's Replacement on 11:27 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

Wrong our survival was due to appointing a decent manager and getting rid of a crap one.

I did say almost!! But you are right the appointment of PC was crucial but the return of Leon was the catalyst.
Gylfi's Replacement on 11:34 - Jul 9 with 4372 viewsSwan91

Gylfi's Replacement on 11:27 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

and sensibly buying good players who saved us from relagation. I don't believe we will just look for cheap options for first team members... just look at Mesa, he is a possession CDM pretty much and we spent 11 million on him.. for some reason I have faith that we will bring in players to improve our squad with that money, maybe the moneyball guy/PC already has players in mind.
Gylfi's Replacement on 13:05 - Jul 9 with 4173 viewsgiantstoneater

Gylfi's Replacement on 11:34 - Jul 9 by Swan91

and sensibly buying good players who saved us from relagation. I don't believe we will just look for cheap options for first team members... just look at Mesa, he is a possession CDM pretty much and we spent 11 million on him.. for some reason I have faith that we will bring in players to improve our squad with that money, maybe the moneyball guy/PC already has players in mind.

I hope Mr Moneyball has someone already lined up if they haven`t then our task replacing Siggy will be that much tougher with clubs knowing we have 30 odd million tucked away in the bank.
Gylfi's Replacement on 13:20 - Jul 9 with 4130 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm sorry Dapsy, you'll have to up your game now, there's a new forum super scout around these parts.

You've got to post up loads of youtube videos and pretend you've watched said players play loads of times last season.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gylfi's Replacement on 13:56 - Jul 9 with 4006 viewsoldcob

An ideal transfer window would be to get rid of players we don't need, and buy players we need. Why do we consistently do it the other way around?
Gylfi's Replacement on 15:26 - Jul 9 with 3721 viewsDaggyjack

I would think that the club, better prepared now under PC, will have a replacement lined up, especially as Siggy moving has been on the cards for a while now.

I'm still hoping for a RB, CB, a winger, a forward and a replacement for Siggy if he goes.
Gylfi's Replacement on 20:13 - Jul 9 with 3362 viewsNirvana

Gylfi's Replacement on 13:20 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

I'm sorry Dapsy, you'll have to up your game now, there's a new forum super scout around these parts.

You've got to post up loads of youtube videos and pretend you've watched said players play loads of times last season.

Hi Neathie, again (I see you're obsessed with me, again)

You really are so alt-cool, aren't you? The cynic, the whiner, the big old crybaby, the guy who doesn't know sshitt about football. Don't be so jealous, you're as multi-talented as I am, only in different ways. Just believe in yourself, and you can make these your reality in the real world.

Until then, though, just keep "pretending" you're some John Wayne, no-nonsense type on a ffukkingg online forum. It's worked wonders for your confidence. Now let's try and apply that offline.

Anytime, Neathie.
Gylfi's Replacement on 20:19 - Jul 9 with 3332 viewsTheAlpineShrew

If we are looking for an attacking midfielder who can score free kicks the this is our man

Gylfi's Replacement on 20:56 - Jul 9 with 3230 viewsEasternJack

Gylfi's Replacement on 20:19 - Jul 9 by TheAlpineShrew

If we are looking for an attacking midfielder who can score free kicks the this is our man

F me. Give me that much space and I'd look a world beater too...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Gylfi's Replacement on 22:36 - Jul 9 with 3051 viewsmagicdaps10

Jota from Brentford

Gylfi's Replacement on 22:47 - Jul 9 with 3011 viewsNirvana

Gylfi's Replacement on 22:36 - Jul 9 by magicdaps10

Jota from Brentford

Nah, MD10.

If we do lose Siggy, Boudebouz is about as perfect of a replacement as we could get. The problem therein is whether he wants to come to Swansea or not. He already turned us down, and I can't understand why that would change now. Especially after selling our best player.

But money talks, and if no one else is interested in him I suspect he'll want to play for us. A LOT of summer left yet, so we'll see.
Gylfi's Replacement on 00:04 - Jul 10 with 2905 viewsNirvana

I've said it several times before: Marcel Sabitzer from Leipzig.

I would love it if we brought him in and kept Siggy, but that's not what the thread's about. If we sell Siggy, we'd have the money to bring Sabitzer in, no excuses.

He's phenomenal, and can play all across the frontline or as an attacking mid. For some reason, no highlights on youtube from this season so these will have to do:

Gylfi's Replacement on 09:25 - Jul 10 with 2676 viewsjasonbromham

I'm not sure how realistic this would be but the only player in the Premier league I could see that would be able to put in a similar output to Gylfi would be Son Heung Min from Spurs. He doesn't play in the same position and I get that but he can play on the wing or as a striker. If we change formation we don't necessarily have to play an attacking midfielder.
Gylfi's Replacement on 09:29 - Jul 10 with 2658 viewsBenJ94

Dani Ceballos will be gylfi's replacement if he were to leave.
Gylfi's Replacement on 09:34 - Jul 10 with 2634 viewsjasonbromham

Gylfi's Replacement on 09:29 - Jul 10 by BenJ94

Dani Ceballos will be gylfi's replacement if he were to leave.

I don't think so it looks like he's signing for Real Madrid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024