Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 96792 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:16 - Jul 18 with 3898 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:52 - Jul 18 by dobjack2

You are so funny and sound a lot like Donald Trump at times. That I find interesting.

If I remember correctly you wanted sigurdsson and llorente sold in January so I hardly think that everything you've said is coming off to a tee.

If sigurdsson stays he stays, if he goes we replace him. I won't have any tantrums about it either way. I expect our style of football to change this season, the rest of the window will have an influence on how much and what to.

Have a nice day and don't forget to put your toys back in the pram.

Aye you're right, I'm hilarious and yeah I wrote out a post on the merits of selling our 2 "problems" in January.

Maybe that was too risky for the club and Clement at the time, a complete rebuilding of the squad to change the way our boring, stifled play was becoming accepted by the fan boys and sycophants together.

Maybe the Summer was always a more realistic time to do this. Safety in the Premier League was at stake and there was a lot of off the field rumblings still in the air.

Clement came good but the rationale for binning those two was and is as sound now as it was back then.

And Steve, 100% mate. Even if this one doesn't come off we're hopefully getting an insight into the type of team and players Clement wants to bring in with a style of football far more in the fast, free flowing nature of Laudrup and not the rip it all up rubbish that Monk brought in.

Also, glad to see more of you all thinking more positively about the Americans.... I just wish you'd listen the first time ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 10:01 - Jul 18 with 3814 viewsdobjack2

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:16 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

Aye you're right, I'm hilarious and yeah I wrote out a post on the merits of selling our 2 "problems" in January.

Maybe that was too risky for the club and Clement at the time, a complete rebuilding of the squad to change the way our boring, stifled play was becoming accepted by the fan boys and sycophants together.

Maybe the Summer was always a more realistic time to do this. Safety in the Premier League was at stake and there was a lot of off the field rumblings still in the air.

Clement came good but the rationale for binning those two was and is as sound now as it was back then.

And Steve, 100% mate. Even if this one doesn't come off we're hopefully getting an insight into the type of team and players Clement wants to bring in with a style of football far more in the fast, free flowing nature of Laudrup and not the rip it all up rubbish that Monk brought in.

Also, glad to see more of you all thinking more positively about the Americans.... I just wish you'd listen the first time ;-)

January was way too risky and we scrapped our way out of trouble.

We need to rebuild our squad as it lacks creativity. If that means selling to do it then so be it as long as the starting team is strengthened. Like all transfers it is a risk but there appears to be more of a plan about the type of players we want to fit the way we intend to play.

As for the Americans- they are in in to make money and won't forget that
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 11:46 - Jul 18 with 3644 viewsMoscowJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 10:01 - Jul 18 by dobjack2

January was way too risky and we scrapped our way out of trouble.

We need to rebuild our squad as it lacks creativity. If that means selling to do it then so be it as long as the starting team is strengthened. Like all transfers it is a risk but there appears to be more of a plan about the type of players we want to fit the way we intend to play.

As for the Americans- they are in in to make money and won't forget that

I read somewhere that he only had TWO assists in open play since end of January.

Yes, his free-kicks saved us, but did his lack of creativity in open play mean we were more reliant on those set-pieces?

Would someone more creative in open play, like Viera, have brought the best out of strikers like Bafe who struggled with us, but blossomed elsewhere? I believe so!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:01 - Jul 18 with 3597 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 11:46 - Jul 18 by MoscowJack

I read somewhere that he only had TWO assists in open play since end of January.

Yes, his free-kicks saved us, but did his lack of creativity in open play mean we were more reliant on those set-pieces?

Would someone more creative in open play, like Viera, have brought the best out of strikers like Bafe who struggled with us, but blossomed elsewhere? I believe so!

Yes. But it was mental to want to to sell Siggy and Llorente in January. Long term, I thought it was a good idea, but always had my doubts as to the calibre of replacement we would bring in. If we bring in more players of Mesas quality, then I'll be delighted to have been wrong on that.

A more traditional #10 would certainly create more chances in open play, whilst we wouldn't be such a threat from set pieces. I don't think Gomis was up to it. In a world where we are turning down £40m bids for Siggy, Jack Cork goes for £8m and even Montero is linked with a £4m move, he goes for £2m.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:11 - Jul 18 with 3460 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:01 - Jul 18 by jack247

Yes. But it was mental to want to to sell Siggy and Llorente in January. Long term, I thought it was a good idea, but always had my doubts as to the calibre of replacement we would bring in. If we bring in more players of Mesas quality, then I'll be delighted to have been wrong on that.

A more traditional #10 would certainly create more chances in open play, whilst we wouldn't be such a threat from set pieces. I don't think Gomis was up to it. In a world where we are turning down £40m bids for Siggy, Jack Cork goes for £8m and even Montero is linked with a £4m move, he goes for £2m.

Not mental at all. Ambitious perhaps, and it would've depended massively on available players in the month of January.

But the theory stands the test of time and January should have given you loads more insight into our new recruitment profiling. The calibre went up a few notches then than on recent acquisitions.

You can try and pick as many holes as you want if it makes you feel better, I gave you all the pieces to the jigsaw, there's no race to put them altogether ;-)

Maybe Teabag was right after all, maybe I was working for the Americans

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:50 - Jul 18 with 3385 viewsandypitt56

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:42 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

Watch the other video if you like that, 247.

In my opinion it's even better. This guy has so many tools, he'd be perfect for us. Assuming Siggy leaves, of course. Which I'm not completely convinced will happen, and never have been, despite the hoopla. If he goes, he goes. We move on. And sign this guy, maybe.

But watch the video of his touches against Osasuna. It's absolutely magnificent.

(EDIT: Anyone mentioning Montero in the same breath as Viera needs to get a checkup. Or actually watch the guy first. I've tried to help alleviate the second problem.)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:45]

Literally no back lift on his shots, very impressive amount of power.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:55 - Jul 18 with 3362 viewsandypitt56

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:52 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

Why? As everything I've said all along is coming off to a tee.

It's most of you all that's looking like the Dick's for not having the slightest bit of foresight to see how badly things needed changing with our one trick pony and his free kicks.

Take a step "up" for once maybe and tell us something facking interesting?

I think you will find all that is down to crap management and a poor team. Cant possibly see how you can twist that and make it out to be his fault. Just utterly bizarre you are still going on about it. You must really love him, you seem infatuated by him as you cant stop talking about him, have you got a crush on siggy and trying to palm it off as hate??
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:01 - Jul 18 with 3320 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:11 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

Not mental at all. Ambitious perhaps, and it would've depended massively on available players in the month of January.

But the theory stands the test of time and January should have given you loads more insight into our new recruitment profiling. The calibre went up a few notches then than on recent acquisitions.

You can try and pick as many holes as you want if it makes you feel better, I gave you all the pieces to the jigsaw, there's no race to put them altogether ;-)

Maybe Teabag was right after all, maybe I was working for the Americans

No mate, it would have been mental. Rightly or wrongly we had pretty much become a set piece team by then and there is no way we would have had the time to reintroduce flowing football and replace their goals whilst clawing back a points deficit.

I think you were actually holding up Hull as a shining example of selling their big players and ripping up the way they were used to playing at the time?

Not trying to pick holes, if you look back, you will see I've agreed with you in principle all along but wanted to keep them purely as I didn't trust us to replace them properly. I still felt that way up until we signed Mesa, which although a different position, gave me more confidence in our recruitment. Happy to admit it looks like I got that bit wrong.

If we bring in Viera + £15/20m to replace Siggy, I'll be more than happy.

I know you have taken a lot of stick on here, but I wouldn't go all Billy Big Bollocks and say you always get things right when you

Thought Siggy was a £15m player
Defended Bob to the hilt
Gave Clement loads of abuse after we lost to Arsenal and in that bad run when Llorente and both full backs were injured
Wanted to be more like Hull.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:35 - Jul 18 with 3230 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 11:46 - Jul 18 by MoscowJack

Half of Vieras goals in the last 2 years have been penalties too mind, if we are discounting open play. And by the look of the clips on youtube he was lucky not to have each and every one saved, they were dire.

Clearly a good player though but not right for us at this stage.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:40 - Jul 18 with 3088 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:01 - Jul 18 by jack247

No mate, it would have been mental. Rightly or wrongly we had pretty much become a set piece team by then and there is no way we would have had the time to reintroduce flowing football and replace their goals whilst clawing back a points deficit.

I think you were actually holding up Hull as a shining example of selling their big players and ripping up the way they were used to playing at the time?

Not trying to pick holes, if you look back, you will see I've agreed with you in principle all along but wanted to keep them purely as I didn't trust us to replace them properly. I still felt that way up until we signed Mesa, which although a different position, gave me more confidence in our recruitment. Happy to admit it looks like I got that bit wrong.

If we bring in Viera + £15/20m to replace Siggy, I'll be more than happy.

I know you have taken a lot of stick on here, but I wouldn't go all Billy Big Bollocks and say you always get things right when you

Thought Siggy was a £15m player
Defended Bob to the hilt
Gave Clement loads of abuse after we lost to Arsenal and in that bad run when Llorente and both full backs were injured
Wanted to be more like Hull.

Ha! There's more than an element of tongue in cheek in these last posts but....

Thought Siggy was a £15m player - The £15-£18m I made up was for a bit of fun, however, his true value is much lower than anything like £40m - £50m and you maybe surprised to find he goes for nothing like those headline figures we've been seeing recently.

Defended Bob to the hilt - Yep, but I wouldn't want him back. He tried hard and I liked how he wasn't afraid to try different things, like play Siggy at False 9 and drop Llorente. They were both misfiring at the time. He was just a bit too maverick too soon and we lacked cohesion and clearly shape.

Gave Clement loads of abuse after we lost to Arsenal and in that bad run when Llorente and both full backs were injured - No I did not. I gave Siggy alright hell after Arsenal as we were in the game until he lazed about on the edge of his own box. Also made people aware that Siggy was No. 10 for that fateful game when we could've ended up losing 8-0 - but I certainly didn't lay into Clement so that's just bullshit I'm afraid.

Wanted to be more like Hull. - They gave it a massive shot, arguably even better than ours with the Championship squad they had. Their manager literally gave them the best chance possible and he did that by ripping into the "so called" better players and rebuilding a squad in the image he wanted them to play in. It was a monumental performance from the gaffer and club as a whole and they nearly pulled it off. To even bring this up shows a clear lack of understanding of their predicament and the courage shown to try and overcome it.

There's always clear rationale for everything I would post regarding the Swans and why wouldn't there be? I've a lifetime invested in this club and like most, only want the best for it. And that now is getting rid of Siggy and Llorente and begin to reinvigorate a new belief and playing ethos right through the squad.

I have some faith in the Americans but not if they play too much hardball and I'm stuck watching set pieces, slow build up and shit first touches again all next season.

GET HIM OUT!!!!!!!

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:03 - Jul 18 with 3031 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:40 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

Thought Siggy was a £15m player - The £15-£18m I made up was for a bit of fun, however, his true value is much lower than anything like £40m - £50m and you maybe surprised to find he goes for nothing like those headline figures we've been seeing recently.

Defended Bob to the hilt - Yep, but I wouldn't want him back. He tried hard and I liked how he wasn't afraid to try different things, like play Siggy at False 9 and drop Llorente. They were both misfiring at the time. He was just a bit too maverick too soon and we lacked cohesion and clearly shape.

Gave Clement loads of abuse after we lost to Arsenal and in that bad run when Llorente and both full backs were injured - No I did not. I gave Siggy alright hell after Arsenal as we were in the game until he lazed about on the edge of his own box. Also made people aware that Siggy was No. 10 for that fateful game when we could've ended up losing 8-0 - but I certainly didn't lay into Clement so that's just bullshit I'm afraid.

Wanted to be more like Hull. - They gave it a massive shot, arguably even better than ours with the Championship squad they had. Their manager literally gave them the best chance possible and he did that by ripping into the "so called" better players and rebuilding a squad in the image he wanted them to play in. It was a monumental performance from the gaffer and club as a whole and they nearly pulled it off. To even bring this up shows a clear lack of understanding of their predicament and the courage shown to try and overcome it.

There's always clear rationale for everything I would post regarding the Swans and why wouldn't there be? I've a lifetime invested in this club and like most, only want the best for it. And that now is getting rid of Siggy and Llorente and begin to reinvigorate a new belief and playing ethos right through the squad.

I have some faith in the Americans but not if they play too much hardball and I'm stuck watching set pieces, slow build up and shit first touches again all next season.

GET HIM OUT!!!!!!!

God your fukcing boring change the record.
Had you on ignore for a couple of months just adjusting my
settings again.
You remind me of the guy in Ripping Yarns showing my age here. Constantly went on about shovels and black puddings came home from work & all his family had done a runner.
Your the same on here only it's Sigurdsson and Llorente our 2 best players last season.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 20:24]

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:05 - Jul 18 with 3024 viewsmonmouth

Bloody hell, page 14. Have we bought him yet?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:05 - Jul 18 with 2996 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:03 - Jul 18 by Borojack

God your fukcing boring change the record.
Had you on ignore for a couple of months just adjusting my
settings again.
You remind me of the guy in Ripping Yarns showing my age here. Constantly went on about shovels and black puddings came home from work & all his family had done a runner.
Your the same on here only it's Sigurdsson and Llorente our 2 best players last season.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 20:24]

And you are? Never heard of you...

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:51 - Jul 18 with 2918 viewsDaggyjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:05 - Jul 18 by monmouth

I know, I come back to this thread to check if we have too, only to come across the usual bitching between the regulars 😁
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 2826 viewsCooperman

Calm down mun, we haven't sold Siggy yet.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:44 - Jul 18 with 2789 viewsOldjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:39 - Jul 18 by Cooperman

Calm down mun, we haven't sold Siggy yet.

It's dragging on a bit regarding empty head .My guess is he'll end up at Leicester for 45 mill ,we'll get Viera for 33mill every ones happy

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:58 - Jul 18 with 2706 viewsSTID2017

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:05 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

And you are? Never heard of you...

Considering Borojack has been on here a long time you're not as observant as you think you are Chris

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:15 - Jul 18 with 2637 viewsUplandsJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:00 - Jul 18 by MoscowJack

The pondering fckwit might be waiting for the deal with Gylfi to be completed before agreeing terms with his replacement? That would make sense to me at least.

For all we know, the deal with Gylfi's been done and it's just about dotting Is and crossing Ts. Considering they're both BY FAR the largest deals we've ever done, I think it's understandable that they might take a bit of time. Also, if we do get £45m+ for Gylfi, I think HJ has pulled a blinder. Most of us saw him as a £25m-£30m player a month or so ago.

He'll still need to pull a hell of a lot of blinders for most of us to even start forgiving him for the way the sale of the club went down though.

"Most of us saw him as a £25m-£30m player a month or so ago."

Well I certain said sell him for No less than £40 million when we were discussing it on another thread a month or so ago. No because I think he's that great or even worth it, as being honest I'm certainly not his biggest fan. But more because of the current market and what his free-kicks are worth to a bigger team.

As for HJ, nothing and I mean nothing that guy or those who took part in what went on last Summer etc, could ever be forgiven in my eyes... #Judasbast@rds
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:26 - Jul 18 with 2588 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:40 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

GET HIM OUT!!!!!!!

Of course there's a rationale for everything you post and you want what's best for the Swans. That could be said for the vast majority of us. I accept there may be one or two who prioritise looking clever on the internet, but very few of them.

£15m player - you're going to play the tongue in cheek card. Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Many wouldn't.

Bob - he wasn't maverick. He was incompetent, Maverick is a political way of admitting he didn't know what he was doing. We could all see that from very early on.

Clement - you absolutely did and hey, so did I. We were playing terribly. I just called it as I saw it at the time, so did you. Difference is, I'm quite aware and happy to admit I'm not right all the time.

Hull - again, you called it as you saw it. No shame in that, you got it wrong. If we had ripped our squad up and sold our 'so called' better players, we'd have had a Championship squad too. We'd also be preparing for Championship football now.

Americans - I agree, it's time to let him go and replace him. You never know, he may stay and put in a superb season, we may sign Viera and he turn out like Baston. If either happens, I'll admit I was wrong.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:28 - Jul 18 with 2582 viewsMoscowJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:15 - Jul 18 by UplandsJack

"Most of us saw him as a £25m-£30m player a month or so ago."

Well I certain said sell him for No less than £40 million when we were discussing it on another thread a month or so ago. No because I think he's that great or even worth it, as being honest I'm certainly not his biggest fan. But more because of the current market and what his free-kicks are worth to a bigger team.

As for HJ, nothing and I mean nothing that guy or those who took part in what went on last Summer etc, could ever be forgiven in my eyes... #Judasbast@rds

Uplands,

I suppose I mean before last season had ended and the mad transfer numbers had started to be thrown about.

I think the majority of Swans fans would have jumped at a £40m offer then or a couple of weeks ago, but the longer we think of that number, the more "normal" it becomes. That's one of the problems with football! For Jenkins to refuse that, he's either got more than one interested party, he's playing a very good game or he's under instructions from the Yanks. Either way, I think we would be better off as a club and team AS LONG AS WE RE-INVEST THE MONEY WISELY!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:38 - Jul 19 with 2216 viewsGowerjack

12 pages of Dimi .....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:39 - Jul 19 with 2204 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:38 - Jul 19 by Gowerjack

12 pages of Dimi .....

Someone buy the kid a shandy, he did a funny.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:15 - Jul 29 with 1694 viewsSwansea93

En la UD esperan que el Swansea pague la cláusula de Jonathan Viera

Canarias7 now saying that we're going to be meeting Jonathan Viera's release clause.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:16 - Jul 29 with 1682 viewsSwanjaxs

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:15 - Jul 29 by Swansea93

En la UD esperan que el Swansea pague la cláusula de Jonathan Viera

Canarias7 now saying that we're going to be meeting Jonathan Viera's release clause.

If thats the case its madness

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:17 - Jul 29 with 1661 viewsSwansea93

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:16 - Jul 29 by Swanjaxs

If thats the case its madness

Seems to much.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024