Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 96527 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:14 - Aug 11 with 3717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:17 - Aug 11 by E20Jack

That was an entertaining post. Great example to set.

Well make sure you unplug the laptop.

Nirvana is obviously the bigger man and left you to argue with a whole host of other people

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:28 - Aug 11 with 3650 viewsGowerjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:14 - Aug 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Nirvana is obviously the bigger man and left you to argue with a whole host of other people

Nice guy Tony....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:29 - Aug 11 with 3633 viewsE20Jack

Aye he's massive apparently.

I will argue with whomever wishes to have an argument Brynnie, yourself included. I am completely open with that. Debate and we will get on fine, act like a plum toward me and we won't. Easy.

Considering you have bumped the debate that had turned back onto a football discussion with that petty effort suggests that maybe you fall into the latter category. Time will tell.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:45 - Aug 12 with 3529 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 10:53 - Aug 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Neither of you entertain so that much is right.

But, you did say I was very funny, Bryn.

It's okay, you can just come out and say you like me.

To be honest, as I've said before, other than your misguided anti-Siggy sentiments I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. Far more than the other Siggy haters, that's for sure.

And I actually took your advice and gave the thread a quick read-over, just to jog the memory. So thanks for that.

How about this?

If Siggy does eventually leave, we can make nice assured we'll probably never have any run-ins. If he stays, we'll just agree to disagree, yeah?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:00 - Aug 12 with 3517 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 10:58 - Aug 11 by jack247

That's about as 'Dimi' as it gets. Nirvana has also made quite a few 'Dav' style posts.

This may well be two new people, as they both claim, but if it's two old posters lying about who they are, it's even more pathetic.

Good stuff, 247.

But, all I can tell you is I'm not a previous poster, much less Davillin. I have been told I'm so many posters I've literally lost count. I have not been throwing bbullsshitt around with my posts, and I think it's quite clear I know what I'm talking about when it comes to football. I believe you would agree.

But again, it's fine if you don't, I am comfortable in my own skin and don't need the attention of an online forum. If some on here think I live a "fantasy" life and therefore I must be a previous poster, they are just jealous or posing for the sake of arguing. But, just to provide perspective, I have never boasted about how "glamorous" my life is, as some have mockingly said. I didn't grow up in the lap of luxury. Nothing has ever been handed to me, and I have worked my 'arse' off to get where I am in life and continue to.

I have dealt with "haters", envious dickheads, and creepy old men in the park for a lot of my adolescence and adulthood. I get it, humans naturally want what they don't/can't have. But, just so people know, it's not as "glamorous" on the other side. I'm not Messi, never claimed to be, and I still have to work, so definitely not retired.

If's that's not personal enough, I also have a beautiful rottweiler that I love very much. Fun fact: she has a stronger bite than an alligator. Haha. But seriously, I'd like it if this is the last time I have to say all this, but I doubt the haters will give it a rest and just ignore my posts like real men would.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 3:11]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:11 - Aug 12 with 3491 viewsEasternJack

If we could somehow weave in scousers and Adam Johnson into this thread then it'll be nailed on for a 100 pager...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:17 - Aug 12 with 3491 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:07 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

Why on earth does my name keep getting mentioned on this ridiculous willy-waving thread.

I don't give a crap who anyone is.

I didn't ask for anyone to 'prove' to me who they are.

For what it's worth, E20Jack is not Dimi. He's what he says he is. I didn't care before I knew and I don't care now.

I have no idea and even less interest in who Nirvana is. It's a wind up account that's for sure.

Now for the love of God can the incessant childish bickering stop, or if it doesn't, can you please stop mentioning me.

No, Lisa, I'm not a "wind-up merchant" in any way.

I know you don't believe your claim, it's just you deflecting away from not wanting to answer my football posts on the Gylfi thread. I put plenty of words of substance out there and on topic, that you've failed to address. Yet you'll engage in childish finger-pointing towards me on this one? Based on that, you would be the clear "wind-up merchant" here.

To be frank, I don't think you are and I'm not accusing you like you did with me. I just expected more from you, and I was very genuine in my posts, as always. I appreciate your input on this forum, as I've told you many times before. We've agreed, we've disagreed, c'est la vie. But I've always remained civil with you, and you in turn.

As to Dimi's (how do you know he's not Dimi, by the way) 'grand' plan of buying good, young players and selling them for a lot of money, I doubt there is one person on this forum who hasn't already said that or would disagree. That's OBVIOUSLY the way forward, no one has ever said otherwise. The alternative is buying bad, old players, which no has advocated for (that I know of).

But this thread is about Viera, specifically, and just because he's 27 doesn't mean we shouldn't buy him. He is quality, and would be the best player we could bring in for Siggy. That was my point, and so far no one has been able to counter that. Most have actually agreed. Clement seems to think so, as well. We'll see if the club does if/when Siggy is finally sold.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 3:53]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:24 - Aug 12 with 3485 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 10:41 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

Good post. I'd go along with that.

I have heard good things about him this season, I seem to remember Nirvana saying he would be a good signing at the time we signed Mesa, but I wasn't aware of the years he had at Valencia, Standard Liege etc.

Like you though, I trust Clement with this one.

Go get him Huw.

Just as a matter of fact, I wanted to link to what actually brought me onto this thread in the first place.

I was referenced by username by Risca, because he remembered me mentioning Viera as a good player for us to sign when the Mesa news first broke. And he was correct, I did, and that was quite a long time ago. I didn't really believe we could afford him then and I sat out most of the initial arguments Dimi had with everyone, for that reason and being on holiday.

Nothing to do with "pretending" to know anyone, I have been a big fan of Viera's for awhile now. So, just for anyone that might not have read the whole thread, but has seen Dimi's pages of bbullsshitt, here it is. My intention was to set the record straight on a player I know very well. Dimi then attempted (and mostly succeeded, to his credit as a troll) to drag myself and the thread down with him.

Just setting the record straight.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:32 - Aug 12 with 3475 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:25 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

Good memory, Risca, I did. And I meant it.

But, after 12 pages of finance-talk it seems no one knows anything about Viera still (except Dameedna, great work amigo). Allow me to help with a football post. Just for the record, I think he is an incredibly talented player who would fit in very well with us.

He is small, agile, quick, a superb dribbler, has an excellent shot from distance, and almost always picks out the right pass. He is obviously not on the same level, but is similar to Coutinho in style and technique, and likes to start on the wing and cut inside onto his right foot too. He usually ends up in central positions, and is at his most dangerous and effective there.

He will make at least a couple plays a game that send an electricity through the stadium, and that's something we've been missing for awhile. From experience, he is breathtaking to watch in person because of his movement and skills on the ball. I would assume Viera would be Siggy's replacement, as we're not spending that kind of money unless he's sold.

So having said that, I would love to see him in a Swans shirt. He is a quality footballer, and I think he would pair nicely with Llorente/Ayew/Mesa and hopefully a quality winger we would bring in. Anyone saying no to this guy has never seen him play, and you really should before talking.

So here (1st video - highlights / 2nd video - all touches vs. Osasuna):

[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:27]

This was my first post in this thread, on page 12.

I stand by everything in it, and maybe it's been obscured a bit by squabbling.

So, I'll leave it here so everyone knows my intentions in this thread.

As always, to actually talk football.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:41 - Aug 12 with 3468 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:57 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

I'm not giving you "flack" I asked a genuine question. And you answered it, so thank you, Hobo.

But I've watched a good deal of Las Palmas the past couple seasons, some live, and I think Viera is a class player. I honestly didn't know that much about him before then, so I don't know what happened at his previous clubs. Las Palmas isn't some Belgian third-division team either, they have been excellent and received a lot of acclaim for their style of play. Viera and Mesa have been known players for awhile, and they have impressed against the best clubs in Spain.

From what I have seen and know he'd fit in quite well at our club, and provide a lot of what Siggy gives us if he were to leave. As has been repeated before, by myself and others, we were never going to find someone of equal value to replace Siggy this summer if he left. But we have to try. Viera would be a good choice, in my opinion. There are other players out there, like Marcel Sabitzer, Suso, Domenico Berardi, and Thorgan Hazard that are younger, but it would be difficult to sign them. I would try, but Viera is a class player to fill the hole of a class player.

The money to me is kind of irrelevant, as the books will balance out at some point. And there's no way Viera's value could fall below £15m in the next couple seasons, so we can always cash out and get something back. Great signing for me.

(EDIT: We can agree to disagree on this one.)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 23:00]

This was my response to Hobo (and fourth or so post) and my main point.

It is still to be refuted, and I stand by everything in it.

Notice I was civil towards Hobo, as he was towards me, and capped it off by agreeing to disagree.

That has been my intent on this thread from the beginning, not to be a distraction or show.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 3:50]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:49 - Aug 12 with 3458 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:46 - Jul 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

No, I get the financial implications of spending £26m on a 27 year old versus doing it on a 23 year old. It's not quantum physics or rocket science, and it's been repeated for 9 pages now.

But that doesn't mean it's never worth doing, even for a club like ours. And we're talking about a player we-on this board-know very little about, but we have to assume that's not the case for PC and our scouts.

Tummer summed up the early goings of the thread quite nicely here. The obsession, the hysterics. The lack of knowledge Tummer references made me want to provide a bit of truth about Viera the player, along with Risca name-checking me.

But anyway, I don't need attention on here, I get plenty in the real world and am very comfortable with who I am. I truly don't care about having petty squabbles on the internet, never have and never will.

I do, however, care a whole lot about football and the Swans, and I will continue to offer my opinion when it relates to my areas of expertise. Kudos to anyone who has offered me support or wished me well, you know who you are. Now on to the season, it's finally here.

(Me waving the 'white flag' on this thread out of sheer exhaustion, like Tummer did a month ago.)
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:24 - Aug 12 with 3443 viewsEasternJack

Lightweight

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:05 - Aug 12 with 3370 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:17 - Aug 12 by Nirvana

No, Lisa, I'm not a "wind-up merchant" in any way.

I know you don't believe your claim, it's just you deflecting away from not wanting to answer my football posts on the Gylfi thread. I put plenty of words of substance out there and on topic, that you've failed to address. Yet you'll engage in childish finger-pointing towards me on this one? Based on that, you would be the clear "wind-up merchant" here.

To be frank, I don't think you are and I'm not accusing you like you did with me. I just expected more from you, and I was very genuine in my posts, as always. I appreciate your input on this forum, as I've told you many times before. We've agreed, we've disagreed, c'est la vie. But I've always remained civil with you, and you in turn.

As to Dimi's (how do you know he's not Dimi, by the way) 'grand' plan of buying good, young players and selling them for a lot of money, I doubt there is one person on this forum who hasn't already said that or would disagree. That's OBVIOUSLY the way forward, no one has ever said otherwise. The alternative is buying bad, old players, which no has advocated for (that I know of).

But this thread is about Viera, specifically, and just because he's 27 doesn't mean we shouldn't buy him. He is quality, and would be the best player we could bring in for Siggy. That was my point, and so far no one has been able to counter that. Most have actually agreed. Clement seems to think so, as well. We'll see if the club does if/when Siggy is finally sold.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 3:53]

How does she know? Because she isn't an idiot, you cretin

Your angle has been obliterated and you are struggling with it. You have been reduced to a wibbling mess just screaming dimi at the top of your lungs as if you believe that will be sufficient deflection against your clear shortcomings (which are becoming more and more clear by each passing post by the way).

First it was my profession which was your "go-to" when struggling on topic (many envious trolls do this) which was then proved... then it was my identity (another calling card of the troll) which was proved. This was your last bastion of any kind of defence and you are left as a whimpering mess now that has also been taken away, to the point you would rather block it out and continue anyway. Amazing.

Now, lets look a bit closely at you. My story stacks up. What are you hiding?

Sounds like a troll to me. As many have now noted, and no doubt will continue to do so indefinitely.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 8:34]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:08 - Aug 12 with 3358 viewsE20Jack

You were saying?

He was just on youtube.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:01 - Aug 15 with 3174 viewsNirvana

Just to update this for potentially the last time, here is a pretty detailed article from Canarias 7 last week:

https://www.canarias7.es/deportes/futbol/viera-en-la-ud-hasta-su-retirada-MJ1847

It says that Las Palmas' president wants Viera to "stay forever", and is doing everything to sign him to a contract extension with an increased release clause. Viera had this to say about it: "I have four or five more years at a high level and if I can spend them here, the better," and insisted everything would be "solved" by the end of the week.

The article goes on to state that we bid €25m and "threatened to return", along with other PL clubs. I would imagine Viera weighed up our offer for a long while, but just opted for security (and a big payrise) instead of continuing to wait around for the Siggy deal to be finalized. He stays in his hometown, star and captain of his boyhood club. It was always asking a lot to try and get him to leave, no doubt about that.

But, had Everton bid £50m for Siggy in July, heat of the summer, I'm pretty confident Viera would be in Swansea right now. Bare minimum, I guarantee that if we're seriously considering spending close to £25m on someone like Chadli, then we would've been in for Viera for £27m. Also, and crucially, we are yet to hear of any bids being rejected by West Brom, so it's clear Viera was the intended target to replace Siggy. Unfortunately, we couldn't wrap up the Siggy deal quickly enough to bring him in.

For the record, though, if this results in us keeping Siggy I'll be very happy. Doubtful that happens, though. We'll see.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:16 - Aug 15 with 3142 viewsEasternJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:01 - Aug 15 by Nirvana

Just to update this for potentially the last time, here is a pretty detailed article from Canarias 7 last week:

https://www.canarias7.es/deportes/futbol/viera-en-la-ud-hasta-su-retirada-MJ1847

It says that Las Palmas' president wants Viera to "stay forever", and is doing everything to sign him to a contract extension with an increased release clause. Viera had this to say about it: "I have four or five more years at a high level and if I can spend them here, the better," and insisted everything would be "solved" by the end of the week.

The article goes on to state that we bid €25m and "threatened to return", along with other PL clubs. I would imagine Viera weighed up our offer for a long while, but just opted for security (and a big payrise) instead of continuing to wait around for the Siggy deal to be finalized. He stays in his hometown, star and captain of his boyhood club. It was always asking a lot to try and get him to leave, no doubt about that.

But, had Everton bid £50m for Siggy in July, heat of the summer, I'm pretty confident Viera would be in Swansea right now. Bare minimum, I guarantee that if we're seriously considering spending close to £25m on someone like Chadli, then we would've been in for Viera for £27m. Also, and crucially, we are yet to hear of any bids being rejected by West Brom, so it's clear Viera was the intended target to replace Siggy. Unfortunately, we couldn't wrap up the Siggy deal quickly enough to bring him in.

For the record, though, if this results in us keeping Siggy I'll be very happy. Doubtful that happens, though. We'll see.

I think you're right - and while I don't rate Viera as highly as you do, I infinitely prefer him over Chadli.

Regardless - PC is clear, he's looking for signings with PL experience. Which suggests that Mesa wasn't his pick (and neither was Viera)
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 6:16]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:13 - Aug 15 with 3025 viewsLeonWasGod

Latest on this?

Buggered if I'm reading through 30 pages, especially when it seems some of them are a standard PS stand off.

Bottom line - can this guy step into the first team and improve us? If he's not up to it and has got to be eased in like Mesa, what's the point? For £20m I'd want Joey with bells on.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:39 - Aug 15 with 2954 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:13 - Aug 15 by LeonWasGod

Latest on this?

Buggered if I'm reading through 30 pages, especially when it seems some of them are a standard PS stand off.

Bottom line - can this guy step into the first team and improve us? If he's not up to it and has got to be eased in like Mesa, what's the point? For £20m I'd want Joey with bells on.

Never going to happen...

As someone said earlier today, Clement wants players with PL experience. We can't spend almost £30m on someone whose going to be sat on the bench until he's "up to speed".
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:07 - Aug 15 with 2717 viewsKerouac

There is no way we should be bringing in Chadli for any more money than £15m.

They paid £12m for him a year ago, he scored 5 goals across the season and then fell out with the manager...and they want to more than double their fecking money!!!

We would be mad to pay it.

It is criminal that we watched someone like Boudebouz be snapped up for £7m.
There are plenty more interesting players out there on the continent though.
Why can't we find them and land them anymore?

Buying from the Premier League drastically inflates the price, we can't afford it unless we are talking about individual exceptional circumstances (such as Joe Allen last summer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:48 - Aug 15 with 2600 viewsAguycalledJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:07 - Aug 15 by Kerouac

There is no way we should be bringing in Chadli for any more money than £15m.

They paid £12m for him a year ago, he scored 5 goals across the season and then fell out with the manager...and they want to more than double their fecking money!!!

We would be mad to pay it.

It is criminal that we watched someone like Boudebouz be snapped up for £7m.
There are plenty more interesting players out there on the continent though.
Why can't we find them and land them anymore?

Buying from the Premier League drastically inflates the price, we can't afford it unless we are talking about individual exceptional circumstances (such as Joe Allen last summer)

Because Michael Laudrup and his agent are no longer with us.

Since then the majority our signings have been crap.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:02 - Aug 15 with 2532 viewsE20Jack

Yes Chadli would be to much if he is above £15m. Although I fear they want £25m, and so late in the day we may even cave.

What is becoming clear though is that Viera and Mesa were not Clement signings, same as Chadli, same as Allen and same as Bony.

I think the only say he had was Tammy Abraham as the outlay was minimal. Huw and Mr Moneyball certainly rate themselves higher at spotting a player than Clement, which is a concern. I noted how lazy this transfer seemed to be at the time, which makes sense given what has emerged since.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:47 - Aug 15 with 2325 viewsjojaca

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:02 - Aug 15 by E20Jack

Yes Chadli would be to much if he is above £15m. Although I fear they want £25m, and so late in the day we may even cave.

What is becoming clear though is that Viera and Mesa were not Clement signings, same as Chadli, same as Allen and same as Bony.

I think the only say he had was Tammy Abraham as the outlay was minimal. Huw and Mr Moneyball certainly rate themselves higher at spotting a player than Clement, which is a concern. I noted how lazy this transfer seemed to be at the time, which makes sense given what has emerged since.

This thread will be hot and again folks

Even when you know, you never know?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 2281 viewsE20Jack

What?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:57 - Aug 16 with 1983 viewsNirvana

... and the Viera-to-Swansea Express is back on track:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/las-palmas-coach-marquez-warns-swansea-of

The article is from something called Tribal Football, which can't be very official, but this quote from Las Palmas manager Manolo Marquez is genuine:

"Yes (I've asked for Viera to stay). I can not imagine us without Jonathan... He is a special player and surely, by the level he shows, he should have already made his debut in the national team."

I honestly believe Viera is probably staying at Las Palmas for reasons I already outlined, but this could get interesting. At least I hope so. Viera is the quality we need, and if we're paying £25m or so for one player it should be him.

Alas, that's not how Swansea typically works, so we'll see. As for the Spanish national team, Viera could get his call-up in just a week or so:

https://www.canarias7.es/deportes/futbol/lopetegui-sigue-pensando-en-jonathan-vi
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 22:59]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:14 - Aug 16 with 1875 viewsE20Jack

(open question) Where does it say anything remotely like the Swansea and Viera train is back on track? I think Clement has made it clear he does not want him and would prefer any players brought in to have PL experience. I quite agree.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 23:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024