Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95843 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:10 - Jul 17 with 2342 viewsdameedna

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:58 - Jul 16 by Borojack

The point I am trying to make is our record signing is a young and hungry player who did nothing to justify the fee.
All signings are a gamble but we should be signing on ability.
Age for me is secondary.
I know nothing about the player mentioned in this thread but if Clement and the scouting team think he warrants the fee that's good enough for me.
But I don't think for a minute we would pay 30 million euro for this player.

Fair comment. Clement has been watching Viera. When he moved for Mesa it was because Cork was on the move. Now it looks like Siggy is moving.

Both Mesa and Viera are different players to Cork and Gylfi. Neither are better but are proven to be able to run midfield in a similar standard.

Clement has also been briefed on
Jan Hose Mikel who could replace Cork. Mesa really does what Britton does.

There are many other options. Las Palmas and Athletico Bilbao are strong but selling clubs.

It looks like the Viera price has been tagged to the Gylfi price.

Regardless of the price Viera will improve us. Personally I would prefer Chadli but we need options for the next few weeks and Viera and Mikel are decent shouts but it looks like their prices are escalating to match EPL rates.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:14 - Jul 17 with 2283 viewsLoyal

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:58 - Jul 16 by Martyrman57

In Clement we trust.

As sure as Laudrup is Martinez he will be a cnt one day.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 05:41 - Jul 17 with 2210 viewsWhiterockin

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:25 - Jul 17 by jack_lord

A few months ago we would be lucky to get more than 20 million for Gylfi.

If we sold him for that we would have had to replace him. We would have been looking at players for much less cost than that and I agree how the resale value is important for us.

The new figure is huge. That is where we can buy the 25 million pound man because he is basically Gylfi in another dress. Gylfi could have a crap season. His stock could fall. Worse, he could get injured and never be the same player.

The spare 20 million is quite clearly the extra money that we received between buying Gylfi in another dress and what we apparently will receive from another club for him.

If we had been relegated Siggy would have gone for £10M (his buy out relegation price). Staying in the Premier League was worth and extra £30-£40M on this deal alone.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:30 - Jul 17 with 2142 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:10 - Jul 17 by dameedna

Fair comment. Clement has been watching Viera. When he moved for Mesa it was because Cork was on the move. Now it looks like Siggy is moving.

Both Mesa and Viera are different players to Cork and Gylfi. Neither are better but are proven to be able to run midfield in a similar standard.

Clement has also been briefed on
Jan Hose Mikel who could replace Cork. Mesa really does what Britton does.

There are many other options. Las Palmas and Athletico Bilbao are strong but selling clubs.

It looks like the Viera price has been tagged to the Gylfi price.

Regardless of the price Viera will improve us. Personally I would prefer Chadli but we need options for the next few weeks and Viera and Mikel are decent shouts but it looks like their prices are escalating to match EPL rates.

Mesa is not better than Cork? If he isn't then it's a disaster signing.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:42 - Jul 17 with 2118 viewsnierika

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:46 - Jul 17 with 2107 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:22 - Jul 16 by hobo

The point is that this Viera fella is nowhere near Siggy's level! And yet he'd cost an astronomical amount. I agree however, we need to replace quality with quality, and I've no issues with spending big on a player who would massively improve our squad. This player ain't it though

I don't know how good he is, I very much doubt you do either.

The point I'm making is we need a big player to replace Siggy and help keep us out of danger. If the club feel he is that man, then £25m isn't absurd, regardless of resale value.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:52 - Jul 17 with 2093 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:02 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

All im saying is look at the players that sign for £30m every season (Sane, Mane, Martial, Klaasen, Erikson). Its not a case of IF there is younger better options, there just simply ARE better options. We will be completely wreckless to spend this kind of money on an unproven player with little to no end value.

It wnt turn us into Portsmouth no, but it will squander an opportunity for the club to grow which if continues will certainly lead to our relegation. No question.

I get where you're coming from now, you hadn't noticed that transfer fees had rocketed across the board. Do you think we would have got £40m+ and £8m for Cork from a relegation candidate this time last year?

Signing one player for big bucks won't certainly lead to our relegation. That's just nonsense.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:33 - Jul 17 with 2015 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:46 - Jul 17 by jack247

I don't know how good he is, I very much doubt you do either.

The point I'm making is we need a big player to replace Siggy and help keep us out of danger. If the club feel he is that man, then £25m isn't absurd, regardless of resale value.

Why would you assume I don't know the player just because you don't? I've seen him play enough times to know he wouldn't really improve us. He's possibly a step up on Montero and that's not saying much. It's very telling that the only ones who are positive towards this deal are the ones who have never seen him play and are basing their knowledge on last season's stats. Much like our scouting department in signing Borja...
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:53 - Jul 17 with 1955 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:33 - Jul 17 by hobo

Why would you assume I don't know the player just because you don't? I've seen him play enough times to know he wouldn't really improve us. He's possibly a step up on Montero and that's not saying much. It's very telling that the only ones who are positive towards this deal are the ones who have never seen him play and are basing their knowledge on last season's stats. Much like our scouting department in signing Borja...

Crazy how two different people can watch the same game, but have totally different opinions.

An English lad who follows Las Palmas on twitter, who seems to know what he is talking about, thinks the guy could easilly play in the Barcelona squad and rates him higher than Rakitic! Where as you rate him slightly higher than Montero...

On a separate note though, he reckons Viera would turn us down even if the bid was accepted though so you and E20 don't have to panic too much.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:13 - Jul 17 with 1877 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:28 - Jul 17 by jack_lord

Michu was bought for 2 million yes. We could have sold him for 20 million. As I point out, resale value is volatile. We missed out there based on your idea of resale value.

Don't think you quite grasp the concept, with respect.

It is about recycling OUR money. So when we buy a player that money doesn't leave the club, it stays there to regenerate when that player leaves. It's not really about regenerating new money. Same with Alfie, we bought low so that allows us a certain amount of freedom to turn down bids.

With £2m signings, it makes no real difference about resale value. Yes in the case of Michu we "could" have got more, but that would have simply been a bonus. Same goes for signing older players like Llorente, the fee reflects the risk (outlay vs future return).

When you are breaking your transfer record on a single player, it is imperative that the club is able to regenerate that money when the player leaves. I think some of our fans are losing their grip on reality a little. I'll say it slowly thirrrrty millllionnn eurrrros. Double what we have ever spent on anyone... and we want to spend it on a 27 year old bought for 700k 2 years ago that has not settled anywhere he has been by the look of his record?? It's absurd.

You can sign a top performing Champions league midfielder for that. Prices have gone up in the U.K. yes, not so much abroad. James Rodrigues is on loan from Real Madrid with a view to sign for not far off what we are getting for Gylfi, that's the best player at the World Cup, young, and performed for the biggest clubs on the world stage.

It has the feeling of a child having a £20 note for the first time and buying anything it sees. It needs sound investment in quality with a vision for the future not squandering on a short term stop gap on a clearly over inflated player. I really hope the majority dealing with the transfers share my view, I really, really do.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 8:21]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:34 - Jul 17 with 1815 viewsjack_lord

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:13 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

Don't think you quite grasp the concept, with respect.

It is about recycling OUR money. So when we buy a player that money doesn't leave the club, it stays there to regenerate when that player leaves. It's not really about regenerating new money. Same with Alfie, we bought low so that allows us a certain amount of freedom to turn down bids.

With £2m signings, it makes no real difference about resale value. Yes in the case of Michu we "could" have got more, but that would have simply been a bonus. Same goes for signing older players like Llorente, the fee reflects the risk (outlay vs future return).

When you are breaking your transfer record on a single player, it is imperative that the club is able to regenerate that money when the player leaves. I think some of our fans are losing their grip on reality a little. I'll say it slowly thirrrrty millllionnn eurrrros. Double what we have ever spent on anyone... and we want to spend it on a 27 year old bought for 700k 2 years ago that has not settled anywhere he has been by the look of his record?? It's absurd.

You can sign a top performing Champions league midfielder for that. Prices have gone up in the U.K. yes, not so much abroad. James Rodrigues is on loan from Real Madrid with a view to sign for not far off what we are getting for Gylfi, that's the best player at the World Cup, young, and performed for the biggest clubs on the world stage.

It has the feeling of a child having a £20 note for the first time and buying anything it sees. It needs sound investment in quality with a vision for the future not squandering on a short term stop gap on a clearly over inflated player. I really hope the majority dealing with the transfers share my view, I really, really do.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 8:21]

With respect, I understand what you are trying to allude to. I just disagree.

Transfer fees have rocketed We didn't buy low with Alfie, we bought him at his value. He just got better and transfer fees have rocketed.

2 Million for Michu was a lot more than today's 2 Million.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:44 - Jul 17 with 1775 viewsE20Jack

£2m was incredibly low even then. We paid £1m for a keeper that never played and £1.5m for Leroy Lita!

I can't understand how someone can disagree that we need resale when spending £30m on a player. Where people think we get that kind of money from I don't know. We will likely not see this kind of money again and yet we are happy to squander it on the short term? Sheer madness.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:48 - Jul 17 with 1757 viewsjack_lord

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:44 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

£2m was incredibly low even then. We paid £1m for a keeper that never played and £1.5m for Leroy Lita!

I can't understand how someone can disagree that we need resale when spending £30m on a player. Where people think we get that kind of money from I don't know. We will likely not see this kind of money again and yet we are happy to squander it on the short term? Sheer madness.

Where people think we get this money from?

Are you serious?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:51 - Jul 17 with 1742 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:48 - Jul 17 by jack_lord

Where people think we get this money from?

Are you serious?

Yep deadly serious.

People are acting as if getting £50m to spend is the norm. Just to reiterate, we get nothing from being in the PL. Every bit of that TV money is earmarked out, our wage to income ratio is astronomical.

So let's say 4 years time, 5 key positions need changing. Where do we get our money from? Let's remember that we signed 27/28 year olds that aren't worth very much now at the age of 32. So where does this money come from?

You tell me.

Now ask yourself the same question but instead of 27/28 year olds we bought 23/24 year olds, who we can now sell at 27/28 years of age (like the Gylfi sale) - now where the money comes from for replacements becomes clear doesn't it?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 8:55]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:56 - Jul 17 with 1724 viewsjack_lord

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:51 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

Yep deadly serious.

People are acting as if getting £50m to spend is the norm. Just to reiterate, we get nothing from being in the PL. Every bit of that TV money is earmarked out, our wage to income ratio is astronomical.

So let's say 4 years time, 5 key positions need changing. Where do we get our money from? Let's remember that we signed 27/28 year olds that aren't worth very much now at the age of 32. So where does this money come from?

You tell me.

Now ask yourself the same question but instead of 27/28 year olds we bought 23/24 year olds, who we can now sell at 27/28 years of age (like the Gylfi sale) - now where the money comes from for replacements becomes clear doesn't it?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 8:55]

Where do people think the money is coming from I think you said!

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:59 - Jul 17 with 1708 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:56 - Jul 17 by jack_lord

Where do people think the money is coming from I think you said!

Yep, I did.

So answer me then. What do we do in 4 years time when we need to change 4/5 positions. Where does the money come from? We have no resale in the players we bought, so that £50m is now gone forever and just simply staying in the PL breaks us even.

What do we do? Take out loans? Sign free transfers? Ask our kids to step in?

Now tell me does the above sound like a one way ticket to relegation. Coz it sure as hell does to me. If we bought players that have resale however, where the money comes from becomes obvious doesn't it? It is how a club like us who makes very little to no money from simply staying in the league remains competitive. We live off our transfers.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:02]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:03 - Jul 17 with 1693 viewspikeypaul

I call Bull shite

Las Palmas ST holder are you?

I doubt like 99% of our fans if you could have picked him out in an identity parade
before we were linked to him,let alone analysed his play in so much detail that
you have come to the conclusion that Siggy is the better all round player.

How many other players throughout Europe playing for clubs like Las Palmas have you analysed in
so much detail?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:33]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:04 - Jul 17 with 1682 viewsjack247

Because no Swansea fan watches Las Palmas with any kind of regularity. You may have seen him on tv a few times. How often are they even televised?

You have a fair point on Borja and I'm not saying Viera is the answer, I don't know and very much doubt any of us do. The point I'm making is it's not financial suicide just because he is 27
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:05 - Jul 17 with 1681 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:03 - Jul 17 by pikeypaul

I call Bull shite

I doubt like 99% of our fans if you could have picked him out in an identity parade

How many other players throughout Europe playing for clubs like Las Palmas have you analysed in
so much detail?

Yet we want to spend £30m on him....

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:10 - Jul 17 with 1664 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:04 - Jul 17 by jack247

Because no Swansea fan watches Las Palmas with any kind of regularity. You may have seen him on tv a few times. How often are they even televised?

You have a fair point on Borja and I'm not saying Viera is the answer, I don't know and very much doubt any of us do. The point I'm making is it's not financial suicide just because he is 27

Of course it's financial suicide. If we never see that money again then it's dead money. We aren't talking a couple of million here. We are talking about possibly the source of our future transfer budget for decades.

It's not as if we will do this only once. If we do it once then we will do it again. We do it again and every penny of the Gylfi transfer disappears in a few seasons. We cannot generate it back to invest into the side so we have nothing left to replace anyone with.

We then either take out loans or promote our kids to starting PL berths.

It is the epitome of financial suicide as the above will ultimately and undoubtedly lead to relegation. Keeping a £50m valued pot in the club that we can spend and regenerate every few years allows the club to prosper. I honestly cannot believe what I'm reading.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:13]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:21 - Jul 17 with 1609 viewsmahoss

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:10 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

Of course it's financial suicide. If we never see that money again then it's dead money. We aren't talking a couple of million here. We are talking about possibly the source of our future transfer budget for decades.

It's not as if we will do this only once. If we do it once then we will do it again. We do it again and every penny of the Gylfi transfer disappears in a few seasons. We cannot generate it back to invest into the side so we have nothing left to replace anyone with.

We then either take out loans or promote our kids to starting PL berths.

It is the epitome of financial suicide as the above will ultimately and undoubtedly lead to relegation. Keeping a £50m valued pot in the club that we can spend and regenerate every few years allows the club to prosper. I honestly cannot believe what I'm reading.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:13]

Ok

What would you do then when Gylfi leaves ?
Bear in mind that we stand to lose £150 million plus if we drop out of the Prem because we haven't strengthened enough.
£25 million doesn't seem so bad does it ?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:25 - Jul 17 with 1583 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:05 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

Yet we want to spend £30m on him....

And others here, just as ignorantly, are equally convinced that it would destroy the club.

So you seem to make the point there that our scouts might know more about Viera than we do, don't you?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:26]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:27 - Jul 17 with 1563 viewsraynor94

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:03 - Jul 17 by pikeypaul

I call Bull shite

so much detail?

Now that did make laugh

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:28 - Jul 17 with 1561 views34dfgdf54

Is E20Jack Jason Levein?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:30 - Jul 17 with 1549 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 09:21 - Jul 17 by mahoss

Ok

What would you do then when Gylfi leaves ?
Bear in mind that we stand to lose £150 million plus if we drop out of the Prem because we haven't strengthened enough.
£25 million doesn't seem so bad does it ?

Why wouldn't we have strengthened enough? People are suggesting if we don't sign 27/28 year olds for ridiculous money then we haven't strengthened enough.

What I would do is obvious. Buy top performing, top quality younger players with a resale value.

Signing Viera does not avoid the risk of relegation, that risk is there regardless. So surely it is better to load your transfers with resale value just in case? All the more reason to sign better younger players surely?

We are talking £30m here, we almost have the pick of European talent for that. Most clubs in Europe will listen when you come to the table with this kind of money. Europe has young international midfielders performing at the top level week in week out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024