Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prezzo's 17:06 - Jul 17 with 5575 viewsmax936

New place on Oystermouth Square anyone been if so how do you rate it?

Thinking of taking lad there for his Birthday this weekend.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Prezzo's on 09:17 - Jul 18 with 1149 viewslondonlisa2001

Prezzo's on 09:13 - Jul 18 by WarwickHunt

Omerta.

Mario Puzo's place? Lovely burrata starter in there.
Prezzo's on 09:36 - Jul 18 with 1125 viewsWarwickHunt

Prezzo's on 09:17 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Beretta?
Prezzo's on 09:44 - Jul 18 with 1121 viewslondonlisa2001

Prezzo's on 09:36 - Jul 18 by WarwickHunt

Beretta?

And an interesting twist on a Molotov Cocktail - extra peach pulp to create a Molotov Bellini.
Prezzo's on 10:31 - Jul 18 with 1094 viewsFlashberryjack

Prezzo's on 09:04 - Jul 18 by ItchySphincter

What's wrong with Castlemare?

Absolutely nothing, one of my favourite restaurants is Castlemare'.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Prezzo's on 13:03 - Jul 18 with 1064 viewsmax936

Prezzo's on 09:04 - Jul 18 by ItchySphincter

What's wrong with Castlemare?

Nothing, but its the Lads Birthday and he's chosen the Bistrot Pierre now, he tells me, thinks me mentioning eye candy that got his attention

Prezzo's on 13:15 - Jul 18 with 1050 viewsLoyal

Prezzo's on 18:18 - Jul 17 by dickythorpe

The one in Carmarthen is doing very well

Yeah but .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Prezzo's on 13:18 - Jul 18 with 1048 viewspikeypaul

He's made a good choice the food is very good,the head chef Alex has worked in a lot of the restaurants around Mumbles and sends out great food.
The food is 1/2 the price and far better than most of the established Mumbles restaurants who for years have had no decent competition.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Prezzo's on 13:21 - Jul 18 with 1043 viewsmax936

Prezzo's on 13:18 - Jul 18 by pikeypaul

He's made a good choice the food is very good,the head chef Alex has worked in a lot of the restaurants around Mumbles and sends out great food.
The food is 1/2 the price and far better than most of the established Mumbles restaurants who for years have had no decent competition.

No tables available Friday after 5.30 and nothing Saturday, bugger.

Login to get fewer ads

Prezzo's on 13:36 - Jul 18 with 1032 viewspikeypaul

I do not think they take table bookings for the afternoon at least they did not up and until last Wednesday.

The place was packed with graduation day families and I had to wait 20 mins downstairs with a pint of Stella whilst a table became available,which was fine with the amount of "eye candy" in there.

They have tweaked a lot of things since they have opened due to customer feedback.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 13:42]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Prezzo's on 14:53 - Jul 18 with 1003 viewsjackal

Food average.

Service awful. Took ages, didn't bring the Parmesan, didn't bring our potatoes even though we asked twice and then over-charged us. Also they dropped our garlic bread and brought "a fresh one" 20 seconds later. Forgot the cream and when we paid asked if we wanted the change. (about £5).

Bistrot Pierre next door. Service good, food awful.

It's a shame because that area of Mumbles is great now and very busy.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 17:39]
Prezzo's on 15:33 - Jul 18 with 983 viewsPrivate_Partz

Prezzo's on 13:18 - Jul 18 by pikeypaul

There us a lot of competition in Mumbles. Quite a few have closed down as they could not compete.
The danger for me is this new development will have a short term effect and kill off a few more. I take the Grandchildren down The Front Room by the play area. A lovely little day time eatery. I have noticed they are not nearly so busy now these chains have moved in. Eventually the penny will drop and people will realise the food is poor. By then it may be too late though.
I would rather have seen smaller units taken up in the new build by the independents.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Prezzo's on 16:53 - Jul 18 with 954 viewspikeypaul

Take a look at the tripadvisor reviews, it tells us why the place is packed day in day out.The vast majority are very happy customers. Unlike the above comment most people I talk to rate the food better than the service which I agree with but slowly but surely the young waitressess are getting better with experience.

The food quality is very good and for you to suggest it's microwave boil in the bag confirms you've never been there so how you can say it's poor food tells us everything.

Like every business the good will survive and the poor fail.

it is a case of the smaller places upping their game and competing and if they are as good as they think they are they will not have a problem.

Like Max confirmed PB is already booked up for next weekend and they have the seating of about 12 of these smaller places combibed so they must be doing something correct.

Prezzo's on 17:35 - Jul 18 with 938 viewsjackal

Prezzo's on 09:17 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

The horse's head is good.
Prezzo's on 17:40 - Jul 18 with 930 viewsPrivate_Partz

Prezzo's on 16:53 - Jul 18 by pikeypaul

Take a look at the tripadvisor reviews, it tells us why the place is packed day in day out.The vast majority are very happy customers. Unlike the above comment most people I talk to rate the food better than the service which I agree with but slowly but surely the young waitressess are getting better with experience.

The food quality is very good and for you to suggest it's microwave boil in the bag confirms you've never been there so how you can say it's poor food tells us everything.

Like every business the good will survive and the poor fail.

it is a case of the smaller places upping their game and competing and if they are as good as they think they are they will not have a problem.

Like Max confirmed PB is already booked up for next weekend and they have the seating of about 12 of these smaller places combibed so they must be doing something correct.

I think it is novelty value. We already have has some mixed reviews here. Admittedly we are talking about the better chains here. It happens all over the country. The corporates move in and local businesses fail. Not just in the catering industry either. Not content with grabbing business in the malls the likes of sainsbury and tesco are moving into the high streets. That is another danger for mumbles with the Co op and tesco about to be joined by m and s.
Still agree to disagree eh?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 17:52]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Prezzo's on 18:00 - Jul 18 with 908 viewspikeypaul

Welcome to the 21st century.

I agree there will be a bit of a novelty factor at present and time will tell if they continue to attract the custom.

The bottom line is they are producing a quality product at a good price in a great
environent and the people will decide on its success or otherwise.

Prezzo's on 18:04 - Jul 18 with 906 viewsraynor94

Prezzo's on 17:40 - Jul 18 by Private_Partz

I think it is novelty value. We already have has some mixed reviews here. Admittedly we are talking about the better chains here. It happens all over the country. The corporates move in and local businesses fail. Not just in the catering industry either. Not content with grabbing business in the malls the likes of sainsbury and tesco are moving into the high streets. That is another danger for mumbles with the Co op and tesco about to be joined by m and s.
Still agree to disagree eh?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 17:52]

It's long overdue the closed shop of the Mumbles had it's comeuppance, especially Verdis with its overpriced tat, nice to see a breath of fresh air blowing through Oystermouth

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Prezzo's on 18:09 - Jul 18 with 903 viewsPrivate_Partz

Prezzo's on 18:04 - Jul 18 by raynor94

It's long overdue the closed shop of the Mumbles had it's comeuppance, especially Verdis with its overpriced tat, nice to see a breath of fresh air blowing through Oystermouth

I take your point on Verdis and Castlewhatsit. I deliberately did not mention them. They will survive due to location and it will drive their extortionate prices down.I am talking smaller outlets.

Prezzo's on 18:12 - Jul 18 with 900 viewsraynor94

Prezzo's on 18:09 - Jul 18 by Private_Partz

I take your point on Verdis and Castlewhatsit. I deliberately did not mention them. They will survive due to location and it will drive their extortionate prices down.I am talking smaller outlets.

Yes agree about the smaller outlets, Verdis had their own way for far to long

Prezzo's on 18:14 - Jul 18 with 899 viewsPrivate_Partz

Prezzo's on 18:00 - Jul 18 by pikeypaul

Welcome to the 21st century.

I agree there will be a bit of a novelty factor at present and time will tell if they continue to attract the custom.

The bottom line is they are producing a quality product at a good price in a great
environent and the people will decide on its success or otherwise.

Indeed and in my view they will end up like their peers in Wind Street. Empty most of the day and fighting for the nightlife trade on the weekends. Except the mumbles contingent will not have the nightlife. The danger for me is short term. I have been in one of the places once for coffee. Pleasant in a plastic sort of way but it was slow service and expensive.

Prezzo's on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 896 viewsmax936

Prezzo's on 18:12 - Jul 18 by raynor94

Yes agree about the smaller outlets, Verdis had their own way for far to long

Langlands is a bit further but that's overpriced for what it is, its gone down hill for me as well since they changed the chief, called there last Saturday for a Latte and a cake, had to send the Latte back lukewarm at best, Mrs tea was awful as well, decaffeinated no doubt old tea bags, nearly 12 quid for tea a latte and a couple of cakes

Prezzo's on 21:03 - Jul 18 with 867 viewsjack247

Prezzo's on 18:14 - Jul 18 by Private_Partz

Indeed and in my view they will end up like their peers in Wind Street. Empty most of the day and fighting for the nightlife trade on the weekends. Except the mumbles contingent will not have the nightlife. The danger for me is short term. I have been in one of the places once for coffee. Pleasant in a plastic sort of way but it was slow service and expensive.

There's enough demand in Mumbles for them all to make a killing. I think they will take more business from the likes of the existing La Parilla and the other bistro type restaurants in town and the marina than the little independent restaurants in Mumbles. They attract a different crowd and may feel the pinch for a bit, but once the novelty wears off will be fine. The type of people that go to tiny, expensive restaurants aren't interested in large, busy chain bars, even if the food is cheaper and good quality,
Prezzo's on 21:26 - Jul 18 with 854 viewsdickythorpe

Prezzo's on 17:35 - Jul 18 by jackal

The horse's head is good.

My godfather took me there and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Prezzo's on 21:35 - Jul 18 with 841 viewsPrivate_Partz

Prezzo's on 21:03 - Jul 18 by jack247

There's enough demand in Mumbles for them all to make a killing. I think they will take more business from the likes of the existing La Parilla and the other bistro type restaurants in town and the marina than the little independent restaurants in Mumbles. They attract a different crowd and may feel the pinch for a bit, but once the novelty wears off will be fine. The type of people that go to tiny, expensive restaurants aren't interested in large, busy chain bars, even if the food is cheaper and good quality,

Hope you are right and all the smaller outlets will continue to prosper. It is very noticeable though that day time trade is dropping for all the cafes and bars West of the development.
Also the trouble is in Swansea that we are such a low wage economy that there are not enough punters with cash to support all these outlets.
Mumbles has a further problem with very poor parking around the new development. There was talk of a multi story car park in the old quarry but my impression is the nimbys will be up in arms over that.

Prezzo's on 21:36 - Jul 18 with 838 viewsraynor94

Has La Parrilla opened down there yet?

Prezzo's on 21:39 - Jul 18 with 831 viewsjack247

Prezzo's on 21:36 - Jul 18 by raynor94

Has La Parrilla opened down there yet?

Not yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024