Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uxbridge 10:18 - Jul 21 with 3755 viewsswancity

You have spent the last month trying to convince everyone to accept the offer on the table. Almost any other argument put forward has been shot down. Knowledgeable people have offered better alternatives and yet you've stuck to your guns. It's deplorable and unacceptable. Shame on you.

Remember what they did? The qc is telling you that there is a strong case. You have not put forward balanced views and opinions which should state in detail the positives and negatives of all options. You are like a dog with a bone. It's not a time for stubbornness.

And these are only your views that your forcing on people. You've dropped a bollock. The perpetrators of this scam are laughing at you and yes all the way to the bank. It's not too late to change your strategy or at least keep an open mind. Let the people decide, stop forcing your views on them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Uxbridge on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 1988 viewsWitneyjack

Yes Ux , shame on you for having a different opinion than someone else...........
Uxbridge on 10:24 - Jul 21 with 1974 viewscostalotta

Give him a break he's allowed to have his own views and express them. He's not telling you what to do or how to vote, unless I'm missing something.
Uxbridge on 10:26 - Jul 21 with 1964 viewsHumpty

Uxbridge on 10:21 - Jul 21 by Witneyjack

Yes Ux , shame on you for having a different opinion than someone else...........

Yeah. F*ck off Ux. Agree with me or else because I know better than you, despite knowing far less about what's actually happening.
Uxbridge on 10:27 - Jul 21 with 1957 viewsswancity

Uxbridge on 10:24 - Jul 21 by costalotta

Give him a break he's allowed to have his own views and express them. He's not telling you what to do or how to vote, unless I'm missing something.

He's been doing his best to convince everyone to accept the offer. It's derisory. He needs to offer pros and cons in a balanced manner. He's not doing that so yes you've missed something.

Uxbridge on 10:41 - Jul 21 with 1902 viewsicecoldjack

The mistrust.

It was set up to protect the club, sat quietly for 10 yrs then the only time it was really needed it failed to do anything and was seen as having a huge conflict of interest.

Everything else after is now just an irrelevence to most people, failed to do what it said on the tin plain and simple.

The current thinking of accepting what the yanks offer is proof of this .
Uxbridge on 10:53 - Jul 21 with 1853 viewsswancity

Uxbridge on 10:41 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

The mistrust.

It was set up to protect the club, sat quietly for 10 yrs then the only time it was really needed it failed to do anything and was seen as having a huge conflict of interest.

Everything else after is now just an irrelevence to most people, failed to do what it said on the tin plain and simple.

That's about it in a nutshell

Uxbridge on 10:54 - Jul 21 with 1852 viewsDafydd

From what i've received in this morning's post, surely this is not the way for any members' committee to hold an election.

If that's what our Committee wants, then carry on, although I fear that history will not deal too kindly with you.
Uxbridge on 11:12 - Jul 21 with 1808 viewsJENKINSOUT

Uxbridge on 10:54 - Jul 21 by Dafydd

From what i've received in this morning's post, surely this is not the way for any members' committee to hold an election.

If that's what our Committee wants, then carry on, although I fear that history will not deal too kindly with you.

what was wrong with it? I found it informative and helpful to make a decision, not that it changed my opinion mind

Poll: is the res right or wrong on jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Uxbridge on 11:28 - Jul 21 with 1777 viewsDarran

It's clear which way the Trust are leaning but do people really need to be told to wipe their arses?

Read it and then decide which way you want to vote you fuçking idiots.

Fuçking hell no wonder this country's in such a state.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Uxbridge on 11:33 - Jul 21 with 1755 viewsDarran

Uxbridge on 10:41 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

The mistrust.

We'll vote against it then you fuçking moron.

Uxbridge on 11:42 - Jul 21 with 1741 viewslondonlisa2001

As someone who's been in disagreement with the Trust Board's position on the offer, I have to say I find the personal criticism of Ux unfair.

The Trust Board are duty bound to make a recommendation. They have supplied (I assume as I haven't seen it) a full pack of information on the basis of which people can decide whether to agree with their recommendation or not.

in my view, the pack of information and the recommendation should have been issued at the same time, because a far more reasoned and useful debate could have then happened. But I assume that wasn't Uxbridge's decision. At least he's tried to answer questions and debate the issues.

I'm annoyed that I am away so can't get the pack before next week's meeting, nor can I attend next week's meeting (and again, a midweek meeting is hard for those who live elsewhere btw as I said last time, particularly with only one week's notice - not sure why it couldn't have been held at a weekend before the home friendly for example).

But I do think personal criticism is not called for. Criticise decisions, or the Board as a whole, or whatever, but don't single out a person simply because they're the one designated to answer questions on here.

I assume by the way, that the vote will overwhelmingly support the Trust Board's recommendation, as that's what most members will think is 'safer' as they won't get a lot of the points. So be it. I think it's wrong, but can't do anything about that. I'll just wait for the howls of protest if ever the Trust sell the shares to some dodgy 'Indian businessman' of the like described in another thread on here. Lest hope it's not for a cut price deal and the Trust don't hear about it last minute again.
Uxbridge on 11:59 - Jul 21 with 1702 viewsmonmouth

I agree with Lisa.

I don't support the Trust Board as a whole having a group 'position' for a few reasons, not least to protect them, but I wholeheartedly support each Board member arguing their personal viewpoint, which is what Ux has done, eloquently and helpfully. Even though I am still very much tilting the other way myself. That's democracy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Uxbridge on 12:07 - Jul 21 with 1666 viewsDarran

Oh and on a side note what sort of cocksnorkeller could be influenced by a pipsqueak like Uxbridge?

Uxbridge on 12:13 - Jul 21 with 1659 viewsswancity

Uxbridge on 11:42 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

As someone who's been in disagreement with the Trust Board's position on the offer, I have to say I find the personal criticism of Ux unfair.

The Trust Board are duty bound to make a recommendation. They have supplied (I assume as I haven't seen it) a full pack of information on the basis of which people can decide whether to agree with their recommendation or not.

in my view, the pack of information and the recommendation should have been issued at the same time, because a far more reasoned and useful debate could have then happened. But I assume that wasn't Uxbridge's decision. At least he's tried to answer questions and debate the issues.

I'm annoyed that I am away so can't get the pack before next week's meeting, nor can I attend next week's meeting (and again, a midweek meeting is hard for those who live elsewhere btw as I said last time, particularly with only one week's notice - not sure why it couldn't have been held at a weekend before the home friendly for example).

But I do think personal criticism is not called for. Criticise decisions, or the Board as a whole, or whatever, but don't single out a person simply because they're the one designated to answer questions on here.

I assume by the way, that the vote will overwhelmingly support the Trust Board's recommendation, as that's what most members will think is 'safer' as they won't get a lot of the points. So be it. I think it's wrong, but can't do anything about that. I'll just wait for the howls of protest if ever the Trust sell the shares to some dodgy 'Indian businessman' of the like described in another thread on here. Lest hope it's not for a cut price deal and the Trust don't hear about it last minute again.

I take your point. But it's not personal criticism. That wasn't the intention. But it was to criticise his stance on behalf of the Trust. If he's speaking on behalf of the Trust then a more balanced approach was needed. Anything relating to possible legal action has been met with negatives only when there is much to be gained.

Uxbridge on 12:34 - Jul 21 with 1608 viewsNeathJack

Uxbridge on 10:27 - Jul 21 by swancity

He's been doing his best to convince everyone to accept the offer. It's derisory. He needs to offer pros and cons in a balanced manner. He's not doing that so yes you've missed something.

I thought I'd read previously that you were not even a member of the Trust?
Uxbridge on 12:41 - Jul 21 with 1583 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Uxbridge on 10:27 - Jul 21 by swancity

ive just had my letter telling me the pro's and cons.

i dont think your OP is very good , you make your own decisions.

me , i just dont know what to do??

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Uxbridge on 12:48 - Jul 21 with 1565 viewsMarinaJack

Uxbridge on 12:41 - Jul 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

ive just had my letter telling me the pro's and cons.

i dont think your OP is very good , you make your own decisions.

me , i just dont know what to do??

just ask yourself what would jesus do? :)

anyhow as for the OP if anyone is weak enough to have the way they vote decided by what they read on an internet forum they shouldn't be allowed to vote !
Uxbridge on 12:50 - Jul 21 with 1557 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Uxbridge on 12:48 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

anyhow as for the OP if anyone is weak enough to have the way they vote decided by what they read on an internet forum they shouldn't be allowed to vote !

It doesnt work like that ,millions voted Tory and had no idea what they were voting for

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Uxbridge on 12:50 - Jul 21 with 1557 viewsswanforthemoney

Accept the offer
- Get some money in the Bank.
- Also keep a place on the board
A five million quid warchest gives a good basis for the regenerating the club if we ever fall victim to a Postsmouth type scenario.
Legal action will be long and drawn out and has uncertain outcome.
- If you want Legal Action what redress are you hoping for in event of a win ?
--- Is it that KapLev be forced to buy all the shares?
----In that case we concede any board influence, albeit with a fat bank balance
--------- why does the Trust need 20 mills, rather than 5 mills rising to a possible 10 mills, anyway?
- Lose and we lose everything.
I'd say dont vote for legal action just because your are angry and want to think you're 'getting at' someone. You're not. Ultimately this needs a cool, dispassionate head.

I stand in the North Stand

Uxbridge on 12:52 - Jul 21 with 1546 viewsDarran

Uxbridge on 12:48 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

He hasn't got a vote. lol

Uxbridge on 12:53 - Jul 21 with 1542 viewsMarinaJack

Uxbridge on 12:50 - Jul 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

It doesnt work like that ,millions voted Tory and had no idea what they were voting for

Blame the sun "init"
Uxbridge on 13:05 - Jul 21 with 1476 viewsplasjack

Are they sending return freepost envelope separately again because it's not in my letter?.
Uxbridge on 13:27 - Jul 21 with 1437 viewsUxbridge

Well, what an interesting thread.What's the adage about the only thing worse than people talking about you is not talking about you? Anyway, weird.

Anyway, a few points:

Whilst appreciating the rest of her post, I'm not sure where Lisa got the idea I'm the designated poster for the Trust on here. I'd thought I'd stated enough times that my views are my own but I'll do it again for the record. Phil and Matt can post for themselves, and do. As for the rest of the board, I wish they would post on here although given the often personal nature of such things I can't blame anyone who doesn't.

It's probably true the majority of my posts have been arguing the toss with some people advocating legal action. However that's largely because of what I see as falsehoods surrounding that (particularly when some people are guaranteeing success) and also ignoring the risks, which are real and could have a devastating effect on the Trust.

I've explained my rationale for voting in favour of the deal enough times so I'm not going to go through that again. However I've frequently outlined the pros and cons of the deal also. Monny has said pretty much the same thing, and if he thinks that's the case then that's good enough for me .... that's the thing with nerdboarding, you quickly learn to judge whose opinion is worth listening to. When the likes of Monny or Clasey think I've gone off piste is the time I'll start worrying.

As for the OP, of course it was a personal attack at me. Stop wriggling mun. However, I really couldn't care less.

I see the bundles have started dropping on doorsteps. A rather soggy envelope arrived in SA2 earlier. For anyone unsure how to vote, I'd suggest reading the documents detailing the pros and cons of each option, plus there's an abridged matrix which summarises that.

That's the great thing about the Trust. One member, one vote. Not a member? No vote, no say. For anyone questioning the board's view on that, just remember that this vote didn't actually need to happen, at least from a legal perspective. Only right the members get to decide the future of the Trust though.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 13:29]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Uxbridge on 13:41 - Jul 21 with 1406 viewsmax936

Uxbridge on 11:33 - Jul 21 by Darran

We'll vote against it then you fuçking moron.

Its Well not We'll,

Just saying!!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Uxbridge on 13:43 - Jul 21 with 1396 viewsmax936

Uxbridge on 12:50 - Jul 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

very good Tommy very good indeed
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 13:54]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024