Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Mcburnie 19:32 - Jul 23 with 7796 viewsSgorioFruit

anyone know if there is any plans for Oli McBurnie for next season?
or is it going to be another season with the academy and the odd 15 min appearance for the first team?

Loan him out I say. He wont go to league two I understand but by jove I would love to see him in a Newport County shirt. He would bang in a hat trick every week.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Oliver Mcburnie on 10:37 - Aug 13 with 2929 viewshobo

Oliver Mcburnie on 21:03 - Jul 23 by Croftyjack

Having watched the 3 games in the US Oli has looked as good if not a better option than Tammy.
The only thing is its difficult to tell against poor opposition but Oli looks a handful and seemed to get more shots than Tammy.

Just saying what I saw...being English and from Chelsea some will see different I guess.

What valuation would you give Oli? And how much do you think we could get Tammy for?
Oliver Mcburnie on 10:41 - Aug 13 with 2918 viewscostalotta

Oliver Mcburnie on 21:25 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Well he's not going to be good enough for us. Ever

Certainly looks like that whilst we're in the EPL he will not be at the required level.

Potential... at what point does that become moot?
Oliver Mcburnie on 11:45 - Aug 13 with 2863 viewsLoyal

Oliver Mcburnie on 10:37 - Aug 13 by hobo

What valuation would you give Oli? And how much do you think we could get Tammy for?

Tammy would cost a decent 30 million, hence the new contract by Chelsea. On what I have seen I can't see him being any value to Chelsea at all long term, but I Stand to be corrected.
Ollie is worth say 4 million, not sure to who though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Oliver Mcburnie on 13:06 - Aug 13 with 2816 viewscostalotta

Oliver Mcburnie on 11:45 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Tammy would cost a decent 30 million, hence the new contract by Chelsea. On what I have seen I can't see him being any value to Chelsea at all long term, but I Stand to be corrected.
Ollie is worth say 4 million, not sure to who though.

4m for Olly? I'll have some of what you are smoking.

Llorente was about 5 last summer wasn't he so how on earth could Olly be worth even 10% of that? Potential is nothing unless it's realised and to be frank he doesn't look like that will happen this decade. Needs to go out on loan to the championship and see if he can realise what potential he has without us beefing our future on it. Not having a go at you by the way I just think he's not good enough for the EPL.
Oliver Mcburnie on 13:26 - Aug 13 with 2797 viewsLoyal

Oliver Mcburnie on 08:48 - Aug 13 by SgorioFruit

Young Oli had a 5 minute run out yesterday then.
Good for him to appear in our first game of the season. I take it we might see a bit more of him until Llorente is back fit?

Llorente bust his arm 7 weeks ago.
I think there is far more to this than we hope.
If we see him again I will be surprised.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Oliver Mcburnie on 13:44 - Aug 13 with 2785 viewscostalotta

Oliver Mcburnie on 13:26 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Llorente bust his arm 7 weeks ago.
I think there is far more to this than we hope.
If we see him again I will be surprised.

I agree. It's very convenient. As someone else on another thread said, smoke and mirrors.

It seems we're determined to ph u ck our EPL status up.
Oliver Mcburnie on 15:36 - Aug 13 with 2737 viewsawayjack

£4m - who offered that?
Oliver Mcburnie on 15:42 - Aug 13 with 2713 viewsE20Jack

Oliver Mcburnie on 13:06 - Aug 13 by costalotta

Llorente was about 5 last summer wasn't he so how on earth could Olly be worth even 10% of that? Potential is nothing unless it's realised and to be frank he doesn't look like that will happen this decade. Needs to go out on loan to the championship and see if he can realise what potential he has without us beefing our future on it. Not having a go at you by the way I just think he's not good enough for the EPL.

You are saying how on earth can McBurnie be worth 500k??

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Mcburnie on 15:43 - Aug 13 with 2716 viewsLoyal

Oliver Mcburnie on 15:36 - Aug 13 by awayjack

£4m - who offered that?

I was answering a question. See above.

Oliver Mcburnie on 16:40 - Aug 13 with 2671 viewscostalotta

Oliver Mcburnie on 15:42 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

You are saying how on earth can McBurnie be worth 500k??

thats what I said and it was I admit a little tongue in check. But I don't think he's worth much more to be honest. He's done nothing. Nada of any note to suggest he's going to do it at EPL level any time soon. He's not gone to the championship so not sure you can say he's done it there. In fact he's scored a ha trick in league two and at u23. Tell me how that translates into EPL games or a 4m sale at this moment?
Oliver Mcburnie on 05:42 - Aug 14 with 2582 viewsNirvana

Oliver Mcburnie on 09:49 - Aug 13 by Yossarian

Agreed. Not good enough and we can no longer rely on any fantasy about 'potential'. He's Championship level at best so we need to get rid. But we could say the same for Fer, Routledge, Dyer, Fulton, Naughton......
Leon, Siggy and Llorente kept us up- without them there would have been no hope. We are in trouble already.
Don't blame the players- they're just not good enough at this level. Blame the Board and in particular one man. He really is the busted flush.

Excellent post, Yossarian, very well said.

You could go on and on with that list with our squad too. Dreadful.

Thank ffukk we had the three you mentioned and Clement chose to come on board, we'd have been relegated by March without them.

Jenkins has been steering this ship for some time now and the blame rests with his bbullsshitt, like you said.

He was the "genius" behind our success, time for him to own up to being the dipsshitt behind our failures.
Oliver Mcburnie on 05:46 - Aug 14 with 2578 viewsNirvana

Oliver Mcburnie on 13:06 - Aug 13 by costalotta

I kinda want to try what Loyal is smoking too, Costalotta.

I'm sure it's some good sshitt, pardon me French.
Oliver Mcburnie on 11:46 - Aug 14 with 2478 viewsE20Jack

Oliver Mcburnie on 16:40 - Aug 13 by costalotta

thats what I said and it was I admit a little tongue in check. But I don't think he's worth much more to be honest. He's done nothing. Nada of any note to suggest he's going to do it at EPL level any time soon. He's not gone to the championship so not sure you can say he's done it there. In fact he's scored a ha trick in league two and at u23. Tell me how that translates into EPL games or a 4m sale at this moment?

I didn't say it did. But it doesn't really help the discussion to replace one ridiculous figure with another.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Oliver Mcburnie on 14:05 - Aug 17 with 2276 viewsSwansea93

Barnsley boss has said the move has been done for months but waiting for us on replacements first.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Oliver Mcburnie on 14:44 - Aug 17 with 2153 viewsTheKirkyLife

I believe the idea is we get Bony in which allows Oli to go on loan to the Championship.
Oliver Mcburnie on 16:08 - Aug 17 with 2083 viewsairedale

Oliver Mcburnie on 14:44 - Aug 17 by TheKirkyLife

I believe the idea is we get Bony in which allows Oli to go on loan to the Championship.

But if we already have Llorente, Tammy and Ayew, then why would we need another striker?
Oliver Mcburnie on 16:19 - Aug 17 with 2054 viewsJackSkellington

Oliver Mcburnie on 16:08 - Aug 17 by airedale

But if we already have Llorente, Tammy and Ayew, then why would we need another striker?

Maybe Clement's come to the (correct) conclusion that Ayew isn't going to cut it for us as a lone target man/striker? Very talented player in many other respects, but that area's certainly not his strong point.
Oliver Mcburnie on 16:23 - Aug 17 with 2034 viewsLoyal

Oliver Mcburnie on 14:05 - Aug 17 by Swansea93

Barnsley boss has said the move has been done for months but waiting for us on replacements first.

As the more sensible fans know this happens a lot.
Que - DGT.

Oliver Mcburnie on 16:37 - Aug 17 with 2020 viewsTheKirkyLife

Oliver Mcburnie on 16:19 - Aug 17 by JackSkellington

Maybe Clement's come to the (correct) conclusion that Ayew isn't going to cut it for us as a lone target man/striker? Very talented player in many other respects, but that area's certainly not his strong point.

Bingo. Have you seen how many times he runs into dead ends and how selfish he can be when given striking responsibilities? I see an in-running winger, not a striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024