Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Yiadom 06:59 - Jul 24 with 2519 viewsraynor94

Sun is saying we have made an improved offer of £3 million for the Barnsley right back, after the first offer was rejected

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Andy Yiadom on 07:37 - Jul 24 with 2418 viewsYossarian

Barnsley are getting a bit of a conveyor belt of talent going- particularly defenders. Who is responsible for this and why can't we get them onto our staff?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Andy Yiadom on 07:47 - Jul 24 with 2360 viewsKilkennyjack

Andy Yiadom on 07:37 - Jul 24 by Yossarian

Barnsley are getting a bit of a conveyor belt of talent going- particularly defenders. Who is responsible for this and why can't we get them onto our staff?

We only employ local people that Bignose knows.

Beware of the Risen People

Andy Yiadom on 07:52 - Jul 24 with 2328 viewsSwans_16

Good defender, and a bargain at that price.

Good prospect for the future too, and will want to come here over Huddersfield after seeing what's happened with Alfie.
Andy Yiadom on 07:59 - Jul 24 with 2301 viewsnantywatcher

Andy Yiadom on 07:52 - Jul 24 by Swans_16

Good prospect for the future too, and will want to come here over Huddersfield after seeing what's happened with Alfie.

I would guess Alfie's opinion of the player is involved in us bidding, wouldn't you?
Andy Yiadom on 08:01 - Jul 24 with 2285 views34dfgdf54

I think I prefer this over the move for the Fenerbache lad.

Barnsley fans seem to rate him highly, calling him a class act etc. He came from the conference and is hungry to play at the highest level, our type of signing I think.

They seem a bit gutted the deal may include McBurnie on loan which surprises me.
Andy Yiadom on 08:15 - Jul 24 with 2219 viewsE20Jack

Andy Yiadom on 07:52 - Jul 24 by Swans_16

Hes 26 this year, not really a prospect for the future, but he has been called up to the Ghana team this season so I would say the Ayew link may be more of a pull than the Mawson one. Never seen him before so cant comment further.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Andy Yiadom on 08:34 - Jul 24 with 2139 viewsSTID2017

Andy Yiadom on 08:15 - Jul 24 by E20Jack

Hes 26 this year, not really a prospect for the future, but he has been called up to the Ghana team this season so I would say the Ayew link may be more of a pull than the Mawson one. Never seen him before so cant comment further.

26 is ideal in development terms. A couple of years improving with us before selling on for big money.
Re age - how old was Williams when he went ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Andy Yiadom on 08:54 - Jul 24 with 2035 viewsSwans_16

Andy Yiadom on 08:34 - Jul 24 by STID2017

26 is ideal in development terms. A couple of years improving with us before selling on for big money.

That's exactly what i was getting at.

Must be Ayew and Alfie links then, seems a definite upgrade on Naughton who to me is largely a championship player. Improved towards the back end of the season though, although his defending is still suspect on occasions.

Hopefully we can get this one through the door, and a bargain at £3 million. Prefer him to Van Der Wiel too and will attract far lower wage demands.
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Yiadom on 08:54 - Jul 24 with 2035 viewscostalotta

Andy Yiadom on 08:01 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

I think I prefer this over the move for the Fenerbache lad.

Barnsley fans seem to rate him highly, calling him a class act etc. He came from the conference and is hungry to play at the highest level, our type of signing I think.

They seem a bit gutted the deal may include McBurnie on loan which surprises me.

I know what you mean about 'our type of signing' but need to ensure we do not become top heavy with ex conference our type of signings type players as we will be closer to the conference within a year or two.

One or two max yes, dispersed with high quality elsewhere on the park.
Andy Yiadom on 08:54 - Jul 24 with 2030 viewsE20Jack

26-29 tends to be a players peak, not really a development age. Ideal development age is far younger at 17-22 ish.

I wouldn't call someone 26 this year a prospect for the future. Thats the same age as Ayew and Bartley.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Andy Yiadom on 08:55 - Jul 24 with 2018 viewscostalotta

Indeed, but also important is how old was h when we got him? 23?
Andy Yiadom on 09:31 - Jul 24 with 1845 viewsJango

Andy Yiadom on 08:54 - Jul 24 by costalotta

I know what you mean about 'our type of signing' but need to ensure we do not become top heavy with ex conference our type of signings type players as we will be closer to the conference within a year or two.

One or two max yes, dispersed with high quality elsewhere on the park.

Just because he's played in the conference doesn't mean he's not of high premiership quality.
Andy Yiadom on 09:36 - Jul 24 with 1814 viewssomersetsimon

Clement seems to be happy with Naughton as our first choice right back, so this is probably a reasonable signing.
Andy Yiadom on 09:40 - Jul 24 with 1795 viewsmagicdaps10

Andy Yiadom on 09:31 - Jul 24 by Jango

Just because he's played in the conference doesn't mean he's not of high premiership quality.

Neil Taylor is a perfect example of that.

All jokes aside, being former conference layer does not mean you area poor player.

Smalling
Austin
Vardy

To name a few.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Andy Yiadom on 13:52 - Jul 24 with 1490 viewsTaliesin

Ashley Williams played at at even lower level - Southern League I think!
Andy Yiadom on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 1333 viewsDaggyjack

Andy Yiadom on 13:52 - Jul 24 by Taliesin

Ashley Williams played at at even lower level - Southern League I think!

Yep, Hednesford Town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024