Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depression 17:30 - Jul 28 with 3638 viewsmax936

I subscribe to Livestrong.com and I received this Article today, its a good read and hopefully might help anyone on here that suffer from the above.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/13400151-chrissy-teigens-way-of-dealing-with-d

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Depression on 19:41 - Jul 28 with 2779 viewsunion_jack

A very well known and recognised remedy for the big D. However, there is a come down period after once those endorphins have worn off. That said, it's good for you whatever your mental state.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Depression on 19:48 - Jul 28 with 2767 viewsmax936

Depression on 19:41 - Jul 28 by union_jack

A very well known and recognised remedy for the big D. However, there is a come down period after once those endorphins have worn off. That said, it's good for you whatever your mental state.

I wouldn't know to be honest, I'm very lucky in that I've never suffered with depression, anxiety is one of my downfalls and dwelling on things its painful in its on way, but my Mother suffers with depression its very hard to see and apart from trying to be a bit cheery around her I've no idea what else I can do.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 23:08]

Depression on 19:53 - Jul 28 with 2759 viewsunion_jack

Depression on 19:48 - Jul 28 by max936

I wouldn't know to be honest, I'm very lucky in that I've never suffered with depression, anxiety is one of my downfalls and dwelling on things its painful in its on way, but my Mother suffers with depression its very hard to see and apart from trying to be a bit cheery around her I've no idea what else I can do.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 23:08]

Get her training for the next London marathon!

It's an awful affliction. I've had it but certain medication replaces the seratonin effectively. It's not that bad but I know it could be a lot worse. Exercise helps as discussed.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Depression on 19:55 - Jul 28 with 2749 viewsJackfath

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p047z13f

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Depression on 19:57 - Jul 28 with 2745 viewsmax936

Depression on 19:53 - Jul 28 by union_jack

Get her training for the next London marathon!

It's an awful affliction. I've had it but certain medication replaces the seratonin effectively. It's not that bad but I know it could be a lot worse. Exercise helps as discussed.

She's 80 and wears a pacemaker mun she does enjoy the odd walk though

Depression on 22:54 - Jul 28 with 2644 viewsNogginthenog

Depression on 19:57 - Jul 28 by max936

She's 80 and wears a pacemaker mun she does enjoy the odd walk though

My mother suffered awful anxiety in her final years.it was utterly traumatic for us as a family to watch a once fun loving woman literally worry herself to death over the most trivial things. The worst thing about it was that nothing seemed to work. Cognitive behaviour therapy, calming CDs and no end of different drugs. I am sorry to say that I often lost my temper with her at times simply because of the exasperation that we all felt, coupled with our inability to help or reassure her. My advice for anyone in this situation is to remain as calm and encouraging as humanly possible and to remember that those suffering are in a much darker place than yourself. Under no circumstances allow your temper to get the better of you. I have learnt the hard way and still bear the scars of my behaviour to this day. I loved my mum dearly as she did me, and my regrets are a traumatic reminder of those final years of her life. I still wish I could have her back.
Depression on 23:25 - Jul 28 with 2602 viewsmax936

Depression on 22:54 - Jul 28 by Nogginthenog

My mother suffered awful anxiety in her final years.it was utterly traumatic for us as a family to watch a once fun loving woman literally worry herself to death over the most trivial things. The worst thing about it was that nothing seemed to work. Cognitive behaviour therapy, calming CDs and no end of different drugs. I am sorry to say that I often lost my temper with her at times simply because of the exasperation that we all felt, coupled with our inability to help or reassure her. My advice for anyone in this situation is to remain as calm and encouraging as humanly possible and to remember that those suffering are in a much darker place than yourself. Under no circumstances allow your temper to get the better of you. I have learnt the hard way and still bear the scars of my behaviour to this day. I loved my mum dearly as she did me, and my regrets are a traumatic reminder of those final years of her life. I still wish I could have her back.

Fairplay that's very honest and brave of you to put that on here, your Mother wouldn't want you to go down the same road by dwelling on things that may have been said on the spur of the moment remember that, I'm sure she realised your frustration or would have if she had been able to. All the best to you.

Depression on 23:32 - Jul 28 with 2590 viewsGowerjack

That's a hell of a post.

Take care buddy.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Depression on 01:51 - Jul 29 with 2523 viewsDJack

Wow, just...Wow. If only more people could be just as honest about the realities of the world we live in. Most want to paint a social media perfect lifestyle - they're arseh oles. Unless we are honest with each other we ruin the world we inhabit. Thank you for your honesty and objectivity.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Depression on 06:36 - Jul 29 with 2464 views1983

I've suffered with depression & GAD anxiety for a several years and only the last 18 months I now know what it is and take sertraline for it, I thought I was going mad but after numerous GP visits and seeing a councillor several times (which unlocked some things from my past that I thought were dead and buried) I was diagnosed with it.
Its a strange thing and it can just come on just as quick as clicking your fingers but you've got to train your mind to deal with it when you feel it coming. Like someone said in a TV programme once its like a storm coming you can see it coming but you don't know when it will kick off so you have to prepare for it

Depression on 08:05 - Jul 29 with 2421 viewsNogginthenog

Depression on 23:25 - Jul 28 by max936

Fairplay that's very honest and brave of you to put that on here, your Mother wouldn't want you to go down the same road by dwelling on things that may have been said on the spur of the moment remember that, I'm sure she realised your frustration or would have if she had been able to. All the best to you.

Thanks Max, that's a very valid point and a great help to me. I also think it has helped me by putting it into words and seeing the reactions from some on here.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 8:08]
Depression on 10:24 - Jul 29 with 2335 viewsJack_Meoff

Hats off to you for posting that pal. Very moving.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Depression on 10:46 - Jul 29 with 2308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The irrationality of it all makes it so difficult for people who've never had it to understand the condition. In my worst times I had anxiety coupled with rare panic attacks which were horrible and afterwards depression. Great now but I still get low mood from time to time.
Hypnotherapy worked for me.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Depression on 11:49 - Jul 29 with 2268 viewsMeraki

Depression on 10:46 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

The irrationality of it all makes it so difficult for people who've never had it to understand the condition. In my worst times I had anxiety coupled with rare panic attacks which were horrible and afterwards depression. Great now but I still get low mood from time to time.
Hypnotherapy worked for me.

I was taking anti-depressants for about 18 months and one day I just stopped taking them and I feel great now - I've had a change in jobs, lifestyle while taking them so maybe that was the cure? Who knows.
Depression on 12:19 - Jul 29 with 2248 viewsmax936

Depression on 08:05 - Jul 29 by Nogginthenog

Thanks Max, that's a very valid point and a great help to me. I also think it has helped me by putting it into words and seeing the reactions from some on here.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 8:08]

No problem, pleasure to read such an honest and heartfelt post.

Depression on 12:30 - Jul 29 with 2235 viewsRogerstone

I think unless you have suffered with depression its difficult to understand how people feel.

The main thing is to get help although its a bit of a postcode lottery as to wat help is available. I'm going through it at the moment and I'm lucky to have great doctors and a mindfulness course. I find it helps if I talk about it.

The stigma of mental health is going and it's brave to get help.

I was surprised that it's the biggest killer in men under the age of 50 and that 1 in 4 people will suffer

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Depression on 14:54 - Jul 29 with 2150 viewsBlasterJack

It's the reason I started running. Best advice my doctor ever gave me.
God knows where I would be now if it wasn't for it.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Depression on 04:36 - Jul 30 with 2013 viewsphact0rri

I've lived with depression most of my life, and have found exercise mixed with meditation as a great way to deal with it. it doesn't cure it or anywhere close. but it does make it more managable.

All in all... for me, I find creating goals and things I enjoy to focus and inspire towards helps with the chemical mess that is my brain quite well. so whether its a craft project a certain martial arts stance, or a running time, giving myself goals and allowing myself to work towards them makes it more manageable.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Depression on 04:44 - Jul 30 with 2010 viewsLoyal

Depression on 06:36 - Jul 29 by 1983

I've suffered with depression & GAD anxiety for a several years and only the last 18 months I now know what it is and take sertraline for it, I thought I was going mad but after numerous GP visits and seeing a councillor several times (which unlocked some things from my past that I thought were dead and buried) I was diagnosed with it.
Its a strange thing and it can just come on just as quick as clicking your fingers but you've got to train your mind to deal with it when you feel it coming. Like someone said in a TV programme once its like a storm coming you can see it coming but you don't know when it will kick off so you have to prepare for it

I was on sertraline for four years mate after the gulf war.
It helped but coming off it was absolute chaos.
So weird.
Best of luck with every step forward. 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Depression on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 1925 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sorry Noggin I missed the most important part of your post.

The reason why you lost your temper was that you were suffering from anxiety yourself. Please don't beat yourself up over it , your mum knew you loved her and that it was your worry that caused you to react.
That's a perfectly natural response from someone in distress, as in no doubt you were.

Depression on 16:23 - Jul 30 with 1874 viewsNogginthenog

Depression on 10:58 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

The reason why you lost your temper was that you were suffering from anxiety yourself. Please don't beat yourself up over it , your mum knew you loved her and that it was your worry that caused you to react.
That's a perfectly natural response from someone in distress, as in no doubt you were.

That may well be part of the problem, though I can't say that I was aware of it at the time.

I have had one bout of depression at one time in my life and it is not something I would like to go through again. Strangely enough it was at a time when I had been promoted at work and had everything to look forward to.

My dear old mum definitely had depression as well as anxiety and I should therefore have had a bit more understanding. I didn't lose my temper all the time with her, and yes I knew she loved me no matter what. Luckily too she had my dad to look after her in her last years and he was an absolute diamond. He died within six months of my mum, and I am convinced it broke his heart to lose her.

To cap it all I then lost my sister to cancer within a year and she too was an absolute rock when we were looking after mum. I am blessed to have had wonderful parents and 2 fantastic sisters. A family is indeed a wonderful thing and too often in society the importance of the family is underestimated.

i am grateful for the encouraging messages from several posters on here.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 8:59]
Depression on 23:34 - Jul 30 with 1796 viewsmax936

Depression on 10:58 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I've suffered from anxiety/panic attacks, normally over work or money, so I changed jobs I haven't had any as both things have improved, sometimes I've had them after drink and when they've happened its been usually whilst I have been in bed and woken with the sweats, bloody awful things.

Depression on 07:46 - Jul 31 with 1748 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Depression on 16:23 - Jul 30 by Nogginthenog

That may well be part of the problem, though I can't say that I was aware of it at the time.

I have had one bout of depression at one time in my life and it is not something I would like to go through again. Strangely enough it was at a time when I had been promoted at work and had everything to look forward to.

My dear old mum definitely had depression as well as anxiety and I should therefore have had a bit more understanding. I didn't lose my temper all the time with her, and yes I knew she loved me no matter what. Luckily too she had my dad to look after her in her last years and he was an absolute diamond. He died within six months of my mum, and I am convinced it broke his heart to lose her.

To cap it all I then lost my sister to cancer within a year and she too was an absolute rock when we were looking after mum. I am blessed to have had wonderful parents and 2 fantastic sisters. A family is indeed a wonderful thing and too often in society the importance of the family is underestimated.

I didn't mean to imply that you did Noggin but occasionally and through stress and frustration it's inevitable. It shows that you cared . Stress , anxiety and depression usually follow on from one another so it's likely that you may have been suffering from anxiety but not realised it.

So sorry to hear that you lost your sister too.

Depression on 07:55 - Jul 31 with 1740 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Depression on 16:23 - Jul 30 by Nogginthenog

And true depression is a slight imbalance in your brain chemistry so you could win the lottery, marry Carol Kirkwood and inherit a mansion. None of it would alter your mood.

That's where the real problem lies, when people say "I don't know how he's so miserable, he's got everything going for him". That's probably the worst thing you can be told when suffering depression. Good luck anyone on here who's suffering from any of these things, and remember things can and will get better with the right help.

Depression on 12:33 - Jul 31 with 1691 viewsGowerjack

Depression on 07:55 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

And true depression is a slight imbalance in your brain chemistry so you could win the lottery, marry Carol Kirkwood and inherit a mansion. None of it would alter your mood.

That's where the real problem lies, when people say "I don't know how he's so miserable, he's got everything going for him". That's probably the worst thing you can be told when suffering depression. Good luck anyone on here who's suffering from any of these things, and remember things can and will get better with the right help.

Carol Kirkwood?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024