Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? 18:18 - Jul 29 with 9464 viewsE20Jack

What do you think it would take to buy him off Chelsea?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:17 - Jul 29 with 974 viewshobo

Borja was injured with a broken arm, and in the last year of his contract!
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:19 - Jul 29 with 973 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:15 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Borja does not have the same attributes. Tammy isn't just good at ''scoring goals'', he has physical attributes as well as technical. That has been shown time and time again.

Of course you can look back and say it was a low risk signing. I am a risk analyst by trade, it is our job to analyse the risk in a forward thinking capacity. Signing Gareth Bale for £10m was a low risk signing and always will be even if he failed, down to his sheer talent and age.

I don't see it as a gamble at all. When you look at the price we are talking (I doubt we could even get him for £20m), then look at the market. £20m is what top Championship strikers go for, let alone a player in his teens that tore the league apart and tipped to be the next International star. So considering the price of Championship strikers - he has already proved himself worthy of that figure.

This guy has not played one single minute of PL football yet. Some players develop at different rates than others. The PL could be too much for him and the Championship could be his level - just like somebody such as Ross McDrinkdrive.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:21 - Jul 29 with 969 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:16 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

How many Championship strikers have gone for £20m?

How many of them have proven to be worth it at a higher level?

We are talking about Tammy Abraham. you cant judge Abrahams ability on another player surely? that's idiotic. £20m is the fees being bandied around for Kenneth Zahore, Jonathan Kodja and Chris Wood. So when looking at value and risk, compare their ability at their stage of career with Tammys at his and the answer is stark.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:22 - Jul 29 with 965 viewsDr_Winston

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:21 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

We are talking about Tammy Abraham. you cant judge Abrahams ability on another player surely? that's idiotic. £20m is the fees being bandied around for Kenneth Zahore, Jonathan Kodja and Chris Wood. So when looking at value and risk, compare their ability at their stage of career with Tammys at his and the answer is stark.

You haven't answered either of the questions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:24 - Jul 29 with 954 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:19 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

This guy has not played one single minute of PL football yet. Some players develop at different rates than others. The PL could be too much for him and the Championship could be his level - just like somebody such as Ross McDrinkdrive.

The PL could be too much for anyone that has never payed there before, if everyone took that attitude nobody would even come to the PL. Mesa has never played a single minute of PL football for example, and neither have the players we have been linked with. What we can go on however is actual ability, age, risk factors, potential sell on and Tammy Abraham ticks all the boxes.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:24 - Jul 29 with 951 viewsFlashberryjack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:17 - Jul 29 by hobo

Borja was injured with a broken arm, and in the last year of his contract!

And two left feet

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:25 - Jul 29 with 946 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:22 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

You haven't answered either of the questions.

Because I didn't feel they were relevant. (well, they aren't lets face it).

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:26 - Jul 29 with 940 viewsjack247

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:15 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Borja does not have the same attributes. Tammy isn't just good at ''scoring goals'', he has physical attributes as well as technical. That has been shown time and time again.

Of course you can look back and say it was a low risk signing. I am a risk analyst by trade, it is our job to analyse the risk in a forward thinking capacity. Signing Gareth Bale for £10m was a low risk signing and always will be even if he failed, down to his sheer talent and age.

I don't see it as a gamble at all. When you look at the price we are talking (I doubt we could even get him for £20m), then look at the market. £20m is what top Championship strikers go for, let alone a player in his teens that tore the league apart and tipped to be the next International star. So considering the price of Championship strikers - he has already proved himself worthy of that figure.

Which Championship strikers have gone for £20m?
Login to get fewer ads

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:26 - Jul 29 with 938 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:24 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

The PL could be too much for anyone that has never payed there before, if everyone took that attitude nobody would even come to the PL. Mesa has never played a single minute of PL football for example, and neither have the players we have been linked with. What we can go on however is actual ability, age, risk factors, potential sell on and Tammy Abraham ticks all the boxes.

Youre speculating that he will develop. No guarantees of that. You can apply assumptions and simulations and statistical modelling all you want, but the fact remains that youre guessing based on his pedigree and a couple of friendly performances and U21 level football.

Eder has similar attributes and he was nowhere near good enough.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:28 - Jul 29 with 926 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:26 - Jul 29 by jack247

Well this current market is a matter of weeks old. We could say ''what Swansea players go for £40m+'' then answer is none, but that isn't an accurate reflection of the market. The top Championship strikers are now being valued at £20m. Even if we use £15m as a benchmark if you don't believe these £20m rated players will go for that - that still makes Tammy one hell of an investment.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:29 - Jul 29 with 922 viewsDr_Winston

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:26 - Jul 29 by jack247

Don't ask irrelevant questions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:30 - Jul 29 with 918 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:26 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

Youre speculating that he will develop. No guarantees of that. You can apply assumptions and simulations and statistical modelling all you want, but the fact remains that youre guessing based on his pedigree and a couple of friendly performances and U21 level football.

Eder has similar attributes and he was nowhere near good enough.

There is no guarantees on anything. Again, if we had that attitude we would never sign anybody. There was no guarantees Bony would come over and cut it, no guarantees Mesa will.... but we can make sound judgements that they will based on what we see. Eder did not have similar attributes. Tammy is a natural goalscorer, has bags of pace and incredible feet. I dont think Eder has any of those?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:31 - Jul 29 with 913 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:29 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Don't ask irrelevant questions.

Sound advice Dr.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:32 - Jul 29 with 906 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:30 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

There is no guarantees on anything. Again, if we had that attitude we would never sign anybody. There was no guarantees Bony would come over and cut it, no guarantees Mesa will.... but we can make sound judgements that they will based on what we see. Eder did not have similar attributes. Tammy is a natural goalscorer, has bags of pace and incredible feet. I dont think Eder has any of those?

Well youre convinced enough to spunk a hefty chunk of our entire transfer budget on a gamble. There is absolutely no way you can be confident enough to spend that sort of cash on him.

A natural goalscorer, bags of pace and incredible feet? Meh. Not sure i agree with all that. Particular at PL level.

Out of interest, what do you see as a successful season for Abraham if he stays injury free?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:37 - Jul 29 with 889 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:32 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

Well youre convinced enough to spunk a hefty chunk of our entire transfer budget on a gamble. There is absolutely no way you can be confident enough to spend that sort of cash on him.

A natural goalscorer, bags of pace and incredible feet? Meh. Not sure i agree with all that. Particular at PL level.

Out of interest, what do you see as a successful season for Abraham if he stays injury free?

I wouldn't ''spunk'' a large percentage of our transfer kitty on anybody, any signing is a gamble, this isnt a very big one though. However, I would certainly happily invest £20m of our fee that we get for Llorente on Abraham and see it as a low risk, high reward signing that could fund future transfer windows for years to come.

It depends how much of an opportunity he gets. If Llorente goes and he is our starter I would fully expect him to get 10+ goals, 10-15 maybe. Which for a 19 year old in the PL would be a hefty return and rocket his value way above anything we could afford.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 19:39]

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:39 - Jul 29 with 880 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:37 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

I wouldn't ''spunk'' a large percentage of our transfer kitty on anybody, any signing is a gamble, this isnt a very big one though. However, I would certainly happily invest £20m of our fee that we get for Llorente on Abraham and see it as a low risk, high reward signing that could fund future transfer windows for years to come.

It depends how much of an opportunity he gets. If Llorente goes and he is our starter I would fully expect him to get 10+ goals, 10-15 maybe. Which for a 19 year old in the PL would be a hefty return and rocket his value way above anything we could afford.

Oooph. Michu only got 18

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:40 - Jul 29 with 875 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:39 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

Oooph. Michu only got 18

I am not sure what that means in relation to what we are discussing?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:42 - Jul 29 with 857 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:40 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

I am not sure what that means in relation to what we are discussing?

You said you expect him to score 10-15 goals if he gets plenty of game time. I was comparing him to arguably our finest goalscorer in our PL history. A valid comparison.

I can tell you now, if he is our number 1 striker for the whole season, we are fhucked. He is nowhere near ready, nd not as good as you think he is.

If he returns 5 or 6 and a couple of assists, hes had a superb season.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:43 - Jul 29 with 852 viewsjack247

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:37 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

You would be happy with an unproven 19 year old as our main striker and don't see the risk in that?
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:45 - Jul 29 with 842 viewsraynor94

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:42 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

You said you expect him to score 10-15 goals if he gets plenty of game time. I was comparing him to arguably our finest goalscorer in our PL history. A valid comparison.

I can tell you now, if he is our number 1 striker for the whole season, we are fhucked. He is nowhere near ready, nd not as good as you think he is.

Your second paragraph is one big assumption

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 836 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:42 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

Yeah but I didn't understand what you meant regarding Michu only getting 18.

I hope he is our starting striker as we will be a more dynamic unit as a result. Llorente acted as a pivot with limited mobility (A bloody good pivot at that), but as a result as some have pointed out on here, we did become quite one dimensional - crosses, free-kicks and corners.

With Abraham he has the height to get on the end of the crosses, the pace to get in behind the defence and the feet to create his own chances.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 835 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:45 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Your second paragraph is one big assumption

Quite possibly. But do you disagree with it?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:48 - Jul 29 with 828 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:43 - Jul 29 by jack247

You would be happy with an unproven 19 year old as our main striker and don't see the risk in that?

Depends who the unproven 19 year old striker is doesn't it. If it is Tammy Abraham then absolutely would be happy with that. Of course there is risk, there will be risk with any replacement of Llorente if that is what is needed, unless we are are planning on signing a proven Premier League striker... which I doubt we have the budget or profile to get.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:50 - Jul 29 with 822 viewspencoedjack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:35 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Shall we see if he's any good in the Premier League first?

Give the kid a chance before we build him up to be the next big thing.

100% this ^
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:53 - Jul 29 with 808 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:50 - Jul 29 by pencoedjack

100% this ^

...and then 100% wont be able to afford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024