Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends 19:00 - Aug 6 with 11780 viewsSwans777

Mine is this absolute corker ................"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so.
If Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it".
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 21:32 - Aug 7 with 2197 viewsswan85

One of mine, was Rodney Marsh to Ron Greenwood, in a team talk before an England game.

RG "if you don't work hard enough, I am going to pull you off at half-time."
RM "Christ, at Man City all we get is a cup of tea and an orange!"

He never picked him again, or any line from Mike Bassett - England football manager, with Ricky Tomlinson
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 03:20 - Aug 8 with 2124 viewsWanderer

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 21:32 - Aug 7 by swan85

One of mine, was Rodney Marsh to Ron Greenwood, in a team talk before an England game.

He never picked him again, or any line from Mike Bassett - England football manager, with Ricky Tomlinson

four , four , f****g two !
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 03:22 - Aug 8 with 2123 viewsWanderer

Ron Atkinson after vote of confidence from Doug Ellis, "I don't want him behind me, I want him in front of me, where I can see the *******"
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 06:21 - Aug 8 with 2103 viewsLoyal

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 21:32 - Aug 7 by swan85

Rodney Marsh, last of the true football sexists and racists.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:30 - Aug 8 with 2000 viewsBournedore

"We're coming for you". Embarrassing.
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:32 - Aug 8 with 1998 viewsSwans777

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:30 - Aug 8 by Bournedore

Did they ever come, my friend ?
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 1988 viewsBournedore

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:32 - Aug 8 by Swans777

They were premature, if anything!
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:54 - Aug 8 with 1986 viewsbluenile

Some old git on the East terrace at The Vetch, when Nugent missed a sitter......"Fecking hell, Nuge, Stephen Hawking would have scored that!!"

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 20:26 - Aug 8 with 1967 viewsOldjack

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:32 - Aug 8 by Swans777

they did and got their asses kicked 3-0

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 20:46 - Aug 8 with 1960 viewsharryhpalmer

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 21:13 - Aug 6 by GeoffThom

Well let's hope he can start banging them in somewhere, cause he ain't done it at those two, has he

the only place he's been banging them in is some student, according to Courtney Ngobe!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 20:52 - Aug 8 with 1951 viewsraynor94

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 20:26 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

they did and got their asses kicked 3-0

After they had beaten us 1- 0

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 21:30 - Aug 8 with 1925 viewsleighton1318

'I never comment on referees, and I'm not going to change my ways for that prat' - Ron (racist) Atkinson
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 00:41 - Aug 9 with 1878 viewsWarwickHunt

“Don’t tell those coming in the final result of that fantastic match, but let’s just have another look at Italy’s winning goal.” - Coleman, D.
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 00:47 - Aug 9 with 1873 viewsKerouac

"They've done the old-fashioned things well; they've kicked the ball, they've headed it..."
- Ron Atkinson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 09:11 - Aug 9 with 1808 viewsSwansNZ

they came, they saw, they conked out

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 09:37 - Aug 9 with 1790 viewsTNT

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 00:41 - Aug 9 by WarwickHunt

“Don’t tell those coming in the final result of that fantastic match, but let’s just have another look at Italy’s winning goal.” - Coleman, D.

A mate and I called for a Chinese takeaway, to take back to our 'digs' and watch the highlights of a game. As we waited for the food, we explained our intention to the owner who was serving us, but asked that he didn't tell us the score. To which he replied, 'Ah, ok, but shame no goals'.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 09:43 - Aug 9 with 1783 viewsTNT

Not sure who said these, but made me smile...

'They are the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'

'If I had a blank piece of paper, there'd be five names on it.'

'England have the best fans in the world, and Scotland are second to none'.

'You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw.'

'He always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice.'

'The good news for Nigeria is they're 2-0 down early in the game.'

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 14:22 - Aug 9 with 1739 viewsJohnw102

I have 3 envelopes BR

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 14:52 - Aug 9 with 1719 viewskarnataka

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 09:43 - Aug 9 by TNT

Not sure who said these, but made me smile...

'They are the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'

'If I had a blank piece of paper, there'd be five names on it.'

'England have the best fans in the world, and Scotland are second to none'.

'You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw.'

'He always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice.'

'The good news for Nigeria is they're 2-0 down early in the game.'

I've got a book of football quotes and I think they're all in it. I'll let you know who said them if I can find it.
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 14:58 - Aug 9 with 1709 viewskarnataka

One of my favourites was Bobby Charlton as co-commentator on a 1986 World Cup match, after an Italian player passed instead of going for goal: "I think Giannini should have shot himself"
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 15:28 - Aug 9 with 1697 viewsmonmouth

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 14:22 - Aug 9 by Johnw102

I have 3 envelopes BR

Christ I'd forgotten about that car crash of a programme. A six week colonic disaster wasn't it? "Being: Liverpool".

Surprised our lot haven't tried something similar.

"Selling: Sigurdsson"

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 15:55 - Aug 9 with 1672 viewsGaryjack

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 19:30 - Aug 8 by Bournedore

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 16:06 - Aug 9 with 1658 viewsWantagejack

I once went to a Gentlemen's Dinner at Sellafield where Jack Charlton was guest speaker. He was good value. One story was when he gave a speech at another former rival football club. The chairman introduced him saying, 'we have as speaker tonight Jack Charlton, who some remember played for Leeds and England. We thought he was a right c unt.'

I thought the Rodney Marsh story was about Alf Ramsey, but may be wrong.
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 16:18 - Aug 9 with 1641 viewsjimmyquipment

stupid commentary of the night...
at 21:24 22 Jun 2016

Andy Townsend...

And i quote " either side of the goalkeeper and under the bar and that was in "

I shite you not.
What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 18:41 - Aug 9 with 1601 viewsBournedore

What's your favourite footballing quote ? My friends on 15:55 - Aug 9 by Garyjack

If ever there was an example of why you shouldn't get ahead of yourselves, it's this.

Appreciate they were a bit caught up in the moment but as Kipling put it...

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same..."

Complete twunts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024