Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unite the right protests in USA 20:16 - Aug 12 with 8794 viewsr0ckin

Good God, what is going on at the moment. The World is in a very dangerous place and both the moderate right and left need to look at themselves.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 20:21]

Peace

Unite the right protests in USA on 09:36 - Aug 13 with 1433 viewsHeadmaster

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:46 - Aug 13 by adamswan

Show me someone who is countering the argument that there were far right lunatics there, of course there were. However, if you think the counter protestors are merely "anti fascists" then I hate to sound patronising you really don't understand the situation. Both sides are to blame, both, and until everyone who isn't them recognises this, nothing will get better.

So all the anti-fascist protestors were violent were they? Every single one? No comment about the nutter in the car who mowed these protestors down, which is what my post was about?

It's amazing that as soon as I call out far-right terrorism, people say "what about the left" seemingly as a way to deflect from the subject matter. Efforts to counter fascism are absolutely necessary. Violence as a way to do that is not. I really don't know how more clear I can be.
Unite the right protests in USA on 09:59 - Aug 13 with 1412 viewsadamswan

It's not whataboutery at all, good try though. We are discussing the cause for the elevation in violence aren't we? Political violence has been condoned and pushed on both sides, there's an absolute direct link; in fact I'd go as far as to say the political violence in these most recent clashes (last 6 months) was instigated by radical leftists. If you are arguing that they are just anti fascists, because that's what their name implies then you are applying the logic of a child. So the white knights are just soldiers on horseback are they?

I am arguing against this generalisation, so don't put words in my mouth that I am saying everyone who counters Nazis on the streets are antifa or violent. But if you subscribe to the line that the far left is pushing, that everyone they disagree with is a Nazi, and it's ok to punch Nazis, where does this lead? Nazi racist scum paraded yesterday, and an innocent lady was murdered, everyone who isn't one of them accepts this. Did you log into planet swans to vent when you see leftists waving the hammer and sickle and promoting violence? Or does radical leftists authoritarianism not bother you?
Unite the right protests in USA on 10:11 - Aug 13 with 1400 viewsMo_Wives

Unite the right protests in USA on 09:29 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

Here we go with the 'whataboutery'. Of course I condemn violence from Antifa. All violence is wrong, that much is obvious. My post was about far-right lunatics and Nazis demonstrating in the streets, one of whom mowed down people in a f*cking car. There will always be those who wish violence upon others, on both sides, but let's get real.

The rise of far-right hate crime and terrorism (which we have also seen here, recently at Finsbury Park) is something that should be taken just as seriously as Islamic terrorism. Antifa is the reaction to this (hence the name), and it has a long history emanating from Germany in the 30s. I don't condone the violence, but protesting against fascism is essential.

It's just really sad to see that Nazism still exists in America. And many of them are young people too. To think that their grandparents may have fought against the Nazis in World War II, only for their grandchildren to become one. It's about as un-American as you could possibly be.

It's not 'whataboutery'. I have said yes, I denounce these right wing idiots. Yes, they are a problem, now do you also denounce left wing idiots?. I didn't avoid answering by saying what about...I answered and then said, now, what about this.

If you notice I labelled both groups as 'far x lunatics'. You label one as far right lunatics and the other as anti fascist protesters. And don't be mistaken by the 'anti' part of their name, these are fascists in action. For the last 18months they have been turning up to speeches by Jewish speakers, gay speakers and women speakers (who don't share their views), claiming to be fighting for the voices of gays, women and minorities and beating people senseless. And as long as they say "oh those people are fascist and Nazis" then people like you say "I don't condone violence, BUT..."
'But' nothing. I don't condone violence, full stop, that's what you should be saying. I showed videos of violence, not protests, Antifa do not protest, they attack and when people attack back they cry.
If you think Antifa are a peaceful protest group, please explain the 'black-bloc' tactics they use to anyone not familiar.

I think it's sad that Nazism AND Communism still exist anywhere. It's a shame that main stream society gives a pass to one of these ideologies.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Unite the right protests in USA on 10:28 - Aug 13 with 1387 viewsSwans777

Unite the right protests in USA on 23:15 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

trump's rhetoric gives these people succour and validates them. This is just the start.

While we are at it , do you think Trump is responsible for the Swans not winning yesterday.
Obama has been the biggest recruitment sergeant, for the far right in decades.
Unite the right protests in USA on 10:41 - Aug 13 with 1379 viewsHeadmaster

Unite the right protests in USA on 09:59 - Aug 13 by adamswan

It's not whataboutery at all, good try though. We are discussing the cause for the elevation in violence aren't we? Political violence has been condoned and pushed on both sides, there's an absolute direct link; in fact I'd go as far as to say the political violence in these most recent clashes (last 6 months) was instigated by radical leftists. If you are arguing that they are just anti fascists, because that's what their name implies then you are applying the logic of a child. So the white knights are just soldiers on horseback are they?

I am arguing against this generalisation, so don't put words in my mouth that I am saying everyone who counters Nazis on the streets are antifa or violent. But if you subscribe to the line that the far left is pushing, that everyone they disagree with is a Nazi, and it's ok to punch Nazis, where does this lead? Nazi racist scum paraded yesterday, and an innocent lady was murdered, everyone who isn't one of them accepts this. Did you log into planet swans to vent when you see leftists waving the hammer and sickle and promoting violence? Or does radical leftists authoritarianism not bother you?

Jesus Christ. I posted about a Nazi lunatic running over protestors in a car. Then came a barrage of posts about violence from Antifa protestors, insinuating that I don't denounce their violence. Classic whataboutery.

"Did you log into planet swans to vent when you see leftists waving the hammer and sickle and promoting violence? Or does radical leftists authoritarianism not bother you?"

You seem incredibly sensitive. Chill out, take a breather, and read my last post. I condemn violence nomatter who is causing it. It seems you only read what you want to read.
Unite the right protests in USA on 10:44 - Aug 13 with 1374 viewsSwans777

Unite the right protests in USA on 10:41 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

Jesus Christ. I posted about a Nazi lunatic running over protestors in a car. Then came a barrage of posts about violence from Antifa protestors, insinuating that I don't denounce their violence. Classic whataboutery.

"Did you log into planet swans to vent when you see leftists waving the hammer and sickle and promoting violence? Or does radical leftists authoritarianism not bother you?"

You seem incredibly sensitive. Chill out, take a breather, and read my last post. I condemn violence nomatter who is causing it. It seems you only read what you want to read.

How do you know that that the driver was a nazi and not from another far right anti government group?
Unite the right protests in USA on 10:44 - Aug 13 with 1372 viewsDarran

Unite the right protests in USA on 10:28 - Aug 13 by Swans777

While we are at it , do you think Trump is responsible for the Swans not winning yesterday.
Obama has been the biggest recruitment sergeant, for the far right in decades.

Yeah Obama is Grand Wizard for the DC area too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Unite the right protests in USA on 10:51 - Aug 13 with 1359 viewsadamswan

Unite the right protests in USA on 10:41 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

Have you been on the bottle this morning, or are you just the Doublethink champion of 2017? Every single person answering you, inc myself have agreed with there being Nazi lunatics haha, shall I copy and paste them again so you can have a look? Do you understand what the term whataboutery means, because I really think you are confused.

Yeah, I need to take a breather, your mastery of intellectual discussion has got me all riled up.. you started getting defensive my friend with all the 'whataboutery' nonsense.

We mentioned antifa, and what they are, because you said they are just anti fascists, which they are not; or do you not want anyone pointing out something you do not know?
Login to get fewer ads

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:07 - Aug 13 with 1341 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 09:36 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

So all the anti-fascist protestors were violent were they? Every single one? No comment about the nutter in the car who mowed these protestors down, which is what my post was about?

It's amazing that as soon as I call out far-right terrorism, people say "what about the left" seemingly as a way to deflect from the subject matter. Efforts to counter fascism are absolutely necessary. Violence as a way to do that is not. I really don't know how more clear I can be.

As I have said, label everyone and this is what happens.
As soon as people call out far left violence people say what about the right.
It's the same isn't it ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:13 - Aug 13 with 1339 viewsHeadmaster

Unite the right protests in USA on 10:51 - Aug 13 by adamswan

Have you been on the bottle this morning, or are you just the Doublethink champion of 2017? Every single person answering you, inc myself have agreed with there being Nazi lunatics haha, shall I copy and paste them again so you can have a look? Do you understand what the term whataboutery means, because I really think you are confused.

Yeah, I need to take a breather, your mastery of intellectual discussion has got me all riled up.. you started getting defensive my friend with all the 'whataboutery' nonsense.

We mentioned antifa, and what they are, because you said they are just anti fascists, which they are not; or do you not want anyone pointing out something you do not know?

You've conflated anti-fascist protestors with violence by Antifa, and then insinuated that I don't condemn Antifa violence. The people who were injured in this attack in Charlottesville were not violent.

Let me tell you again, just so you understand. I posted about a lunatic in a car running protestors over in Charlottesville. The protest was organised by Congregate Charlottesville. These people were not violent; they were marching down a street. A car, driven by a far-right lunatic, runs them over. I posted about it.

You respond with posts about Antifa violence, which had nothing to do with my post.
Unite the right protests in USA on 11:17 - Aug 13 with 1331 viewsEbo

Unite the right protests in USA on 09:02 - Aug 13 by Mo_Wives

When they write headlines like this...

https://thebolditalic.com/photos-berkeley-protest-against-white-supremacist-milo

About a guy who says things like this...

They end up creating violence to combat a problem that was not there. Then violence leads to more violence.

Do you know who Milo is and what he stands for? If you don't then go look him up, it will sicken you.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:20 - Aug 13 with 1321 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:17 - Aug 13 by Ebo

Do you know who Milo is and what he stands for? If you don't then go look him up, it will sicken you.

He stands for fighting against a religion that kills gay people, as he too is gay.

He also advocates certain white supremacist views through educational discussion.

Politics is fckd as I said a few weeks back mate, I blame the Americans and Mecca.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:22 - Aug 13 with 1317 viewsEbo

Unite the right protests in USA on 04:44 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Your knowledge is impressive.
However, he calls them many because that is what they are.
Many.
Not just two sides, but a whole diverse mixture forming two sides.
Honestly, I got it.
It's nice to see America catch up the political divide we have had here in the uk for years.
But Charlottesville aside the car incident was handbags.
And in the main from Spencer and Alex Jones to BLM et al it's laughable bollox and embarrassing.

"But Charlottesville aside the car incident was handbags. "

F*ck me. Handbags? 1 person died and 19 people were injured.

Just stop.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:22 - Aug 13 with 1316 viewsr0ckin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/12/anti-islam-campaigner-approved-candid

Peace

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:23 - Aug 13 with 1305 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:22 - Aug 13 by Ebo

"But Charlottesville aside the car incident was handbags. "

F*ck me. Handbags? 1 person died and 19 people were injured.

Just stop.

As a result of the car incident .....
The footage I have seen is nothing more than handbags.

Get informed.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 11:24]

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:25 - Aug 13 with 1300 viewsEbo

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:20 - Aug 13 by Loyal

He stands for fighting against a religion that kills gay people, as he too is gay.

He also advocates certain white supremacist views through educational discussion.

Politics is fckd as I said a few weeks back mate, I blame the Americans and Mecca.

He's a repulsive liar.

"He also advocates certain white supremacist views through educational discussion."

Jesus Christ! There is nothing educated about being racist or supporting white supremacist views.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:29 - Aug 13 with 1290 viewsEbo

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:23 - Aug 13 by Loyal

As a result of the car incident .....
The footage I have seen is nothing more than handbags.

Get informed.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 11:24]

You are calling a death of a person 'handbags'.

Get informed.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:29 - Aug 13 with 1290 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:25 - Aug 13 by Ebo

He's a repulsive liar.

"He also advocates certain white supremacist views through educational discussion."

Jesus Christ! There is nothing educated about being racist or supporting white supremacist views.

Debate is sometimes hard to grasp in a democracy Ebo.
These are not my views but you seem keen to start to blame me for them.

As I have matured and seen both sides for what they are I now get far more pleasure in debating their strengths, and they are clear on both sides, but we won't go there I can see your Sunday is already getting spoilt.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:31 - Aug 13 with 1283 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:29 - Aug 13 by Ebo

You are calling a death of a person 'handbags'.

Get informed.

Fck me, selective referencing again.
I said the car incident aside !!!!!!!!!

It was handbags, ffs mate, long night was it.
There will be many reading these posts saying the same thing.
Stop cherry picking for your own point, people see through it.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 11:35]

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:36 - Aug 13 with 1268 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:13 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

You've conflated anti-fascist protestors with violence by Antifa, and then insinuated that I don't condemn Antifa violence. The people who were injured in this attack in Charlottesville were not violent.

Let me tell you again, just so you understand. I posted about a lunatic in a car running protestors over in Charlottesville. The protest was organised by Congregate Charlottesville. These people were not violent; they were marching down a street. A car, driven by a far-right lunatic, runs them over. I posted about it.

You respond with posts about Antifa violence, which had nothing to do with my post.

I thought he was bringing balance to the thread.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:37 - Aug 13 with 1266 viewsadamswan

Ok, I understand you. What I am getting at is Antifa were there, agitating, that is not me saying the woman who was killed was one of them. My frustrations come from the fact that people are rightly vigilant to ring wing extremism, but the media and general public seem oblivious to the other side. It would be like the IRA and EDL clashing and people narrating it as Irish militia tertiaries clash with group defending England's values.

Maybe we crossed wires a bit, apologies if I took anything the wrong way.
Unite the right protests in USA on 11:38 - Aug 13 with 1262 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:37 - Aug 13 by adamswan

Ok, I understand you. What I am getting at is Antifa were there, agitating, that is not me saying the woman who was killed was one of them. My frustrations come from the fact that people are rightly vigilant to ring wing extremism, but the media and general public seem oblivious to the other side. It would be like the IRA and EDL clashing and people narrating it as Irish militia tertiaries clash with group defending England's values.

Well, I got it first time.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:39 - Aug 13 with 1258 viewsr0ckin

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:37 - Aug 13 by adamswan

I despise the Hard left, I think in this instance it is an issue with Far-right however.

They came looking for trouble, it didn't just find them. It reminds me of football hooligan tactics blaming the 'old bill' for causing the problem.

Peace

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:42 - Aug 13 with 1252 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:39 - Aug 13 by r0ckin

I despise the Hard left, I think in this instance it is an issue with Far-right however.

They came looking for trouble, it didn't just find them. It reminds me of football hooligan tactics blaming the 'old bill' for causing the problem.

More and more I see the condemnation of the far right and left, and for someone involved in AntiFa for years that is music to my ears. As I said before, goodnight both sides, neitherf is acceptable.

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:56 - Aug 13 with 1230 viewsDarran

Unite the right protests in USA on 11:31 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Fck me, selective referencing again.
I said the car incident aside !!!!!!!!!

It was handbags, ffs mate, long night was it.
There will be many reading these posts saying the same thing.
Stop cherry picking for your own point, people see through it.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 11:35]

You'd do well to ignore Ebo he's not all there.
If North Korea fire a nuke at Guam or any other country killing millions of people it'll be Trumps fault.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024