Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paying to much 11:25 - Aug 14 with 1563 viewsGeoffThom

Why oh why,are we going to pay over the odds for players we could have bought for the right price last year but we dithered and lost out, plus don't tell me these are the manager's choice they can't be as we wanted these before clements, so much for who he knows 😠😠
Paying to much on 11:27 - Aug 14 with 1546 viewsLoyal

Because we are foolish and not able to forecast and strategise anything logically.

Oh, and because these bids are bollox, odd how they always just fall short.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Paying to much on 11:39 - Aug 14 with 1499 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They are the "Manager's choice" in as much as PC said he wanted players who were already familiar with the prem.
That rather limits the number of players that we can afford as the prices have gone even more stupid this year than they did last year.
Paying to much on 11:52 - Aug 14 with 1446 viewsjack247

Paying to much on 11:27 - Aug 14 by Loyal

Because we are foolish and not able to forecast and strategise anything logically.

Oh, and because these bids are bollox, odd how they always just fall short.

Yeah. The longer it goes on, the less likely it looks we will bring anyone substantial in. Sort it out ffs
Paying to much on 11:52 - Aug 14 with 1449 viewsSTID2017

Paying to much on 11:39 - Aug 14 by A_Fans_Dad

They are the "Manager's choice" in as much as PC said he wanted players who were already familiar with the prem.
That rather limits the number of players that we can afford as the prices have gone even more stupid this year than they did last year.

Not disagreeing, but a bit confused as our two main signings so far are a player from abroad and one who has made (I believe) two PL league starts ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Paying to much on 12:06 - Aug 14 with 1384 viewsawayjack

Yup, if you take out the silly money PSG, it was entirely predictable the new TV monies would push inflation on player costs. All the more reason to do our business early, but squad acquisition seems low priority over player exits and costs controls. Comes back to or incompetent DOF / Chair probably again reassuring Yanks our squad is good enough based on last 5/6 games of last year.
Paying to much on 13:21 - Aug 14 with 1266 viewsEasternJack

Paying to much on 11:52 - Aug 14 by STID2017

Not disagreeing, but a bit confused as our two main signings so far are a player from abroad and one who has made (I believe) two PL league starts ?

I don't think our managers have had a telling input on signings since Laudrup

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Paying to much on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 1223 viewsLoyal

Paying to much on 11:52 - Aug 14 by STID2017

I think the op means from now ( past few weeks )

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Paying to much on 13:31 - Aug 14 with 1209 viewsraynor94

Paying to much on 11:52 - Aug 14 by jack247

Yeah. The longer it goes on, the less likely it looks we will bring anyone substantial in. Sort it out ffs

Here we go again the beginning of another week, and nothing has changed, surely time for Jenkins to come out and make a statement to what the hell is going on.

By the looks of it we are now going to face a confident United at the weekend, without two of our top players and no sign of any new faces, Clement is in a impossible situation, I'm amazed at the patience he's showing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Paying to much on 13:41 - Aug 14 with 1161 viewsBenjaniswan

Paying to much on 13:21 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

I don't think our managers have had a telling input on signings since Laudrup

Last year we would have got 30 million for GS, now 45+ so it's all relative. Would we have got 10 for Cork last year?
Carroll would probably go for similar money to Joe Allen so no doubt we could turn a profit on him now.
I dislike Huw Jenkins but don't think he's the idiot some on here think he is.
Like it or not we are owned by millionaire business men not oil rich billionaires, like any business the books need to balance!
Paying to much on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 1142 viewscostalotta

Paying to much on 13:31 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Here we go again the beginning of another week, and nothing has changed, surely time for Jenkins to come out and make a statement to what the hell is going on.

By the looks of it we are now going to face a confident United at the weekend, without two of our top players and no sign of any new faces, Clement is in a impossible situation, I'm amazed at the patience he's showing

Me too Rayns.

He's not happy that much is clear and it's my bet he feels exactly like FG last summer in that he's been sold out by HJ and gang.

I would not be surprised if he goes ... why would he want to continue to work with HJ?
Paying to much on 14:26 - Aug 14 with 1046 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Paying to much on 13:44 - Aug 14 by costalotta

Me too Rayns.

He's not happy that much is clear and it's my bet he feels exactly like FG last summer in that he's been sold out by HJ and gang.

I would not be surprised if he goes ... why would he want to continue to work with HJ?

Yes, as I said on another thread, PC is in an almost identical position as FG at the start of last season.
Without his best players, a player who has come in apparently not yet suitable for the PM and all this with probably an even weaker squad than FG had
Paying to much on 14:37 - Aug 14 with 1011 viewsmax936

Paying to much on 13:31 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Similar start to last season except the sides MU apart are a little bit easier (wrong word) to play against than the teams last season, Clement will be another fall guy like Frankie and again it won't be his fault, that's not to say that Clem wont turnaround and say fuk this lm off, seems like he's working with his hands tied behind his back, Frankie suffered a similar fate.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Paying to much on 15:13 - Aug 14 with 965 viewsawayjack

Paying to much on 14:26 - Aug 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, as I said on another thread, PC is in an almost identical position as FG at the start of last season.
Without his best players, a player who has come in apparently not yet suitable for the PM and all this with probably an even weaker squad than FG had

Bizarre isn't it. Useless DOF with no urgency or appetite to strengthen squad is common factor. Last year excuse was closing 'investment to take is to next level'. This year it'll be the market and Everton's fault. I don't believe we'll invest the Siggy money if that ever gets done. Maybe 50-60% on inferior replacements likes of Chadli /Bony and a dip in loan market. Th lack of any communication from our Chair/ Dof smacks of PC being set-up as fall guy already of things go wrong.
Paying to much on 15:59 - Aug 14 with 905 viewsgiantstoneater

Already the talk has switched to who is pulling the strings regarding new players, is Mesa a PC signing? The signings in the last window should have been done in the summer FG was not backed that summer and it looks like PC is having the same level of backing. I'm not sure what our scouting dept are doing because it seems all our targets are the usual suspects. PC did state that he wanted his business done before pre-season kicked off and yet Mesa, a 19 year old prospect and yet another keeper was all he got. The targeting of Siggy is not old hat stories were circulating around Xmas time and in the beginning of April stories of a done deal promoted by the Merseyside press, no doubt, began the rounds. If the board were clever enough perhaps a deal or two could have been done before Siggies valuation came to the fore now it's known we will have a load of cash at our disposal, but yet again the same old names keep cropping up.I know it's a lot more complicated than that but couldn't they have tried. I am not one of those "in the know" but most supporters may well see it like I do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024