Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renato Sanchez 19:46 - Aug 25 with 123399 viewsBenJ94

Swans 7/2 to sign him (presumably on loan) on sky bet. Surely got to be Bull? Or a sign of clement finally using his contacts?
Renato Sanchez on 16:39 - Aug 29 with 5279 viewsShaky

Renato Sanchez on 16:37 - Aug 29 by londonlisa2001

I agree with that.

But on the flip side, we can't hold on to our best players anyway, so the difference is less about continuity and more about removing the risk (both downside but also, of course upside), from our 'big players' while improving the core around them.

We don't make the big profits like Siggy, but we also don't lose a fortune like Baston (I realise that loan fees are high, but last year's £15m would probably be £27m now so that's what we are comparing with).

I assume it's a short term strategy though, maybe until the commercial side and expansion gets dealt with in whatever way it happens.

That's true, but i bet the working assumption is let's set aside £10-20m for the equity component of the stadium financing.

That's money not available for future acquisitions, in a rising market.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Renato Sanchez on 16:40 - Aug 29 with 5280 viewstomdickharry

It could not only be Mr Clement that would attract Sanchez to our club,don't rule out the Llorente factor,a football icon in both Italy and Spain,Sanchez may consider ,when push comes to shove that if Swansea is good enough for Llorente then it will be good enough for me.Lets hope so.
Renato Sanchez on 16:43 - Aug 29 with 5234 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 16:39 - Aug 29 by Shaky

That's true, but i bet the working assumption is let's set aside £10-20m for the equity component of the stadium financing.

That's money not available for future acquisitions, in a rising market.

I agree.

Hence the purchase of the odd youngster to provide the next pot. I imagine we assume Mawson will be next summer's Siggy.

I still think we'll lease the stadium though rather than purchase, but the point stands, albeit they'll use it for expansion costs perhaps not purchase.
Renato Sanchez on 16:47 - Aug 29 with 5164 viewsShaky

Renato Sanchez on 16:43 - Aug 29 by londonlisa2001

I agree.

Hence the purchase of the odd youngster to provide the next pot. I imagine we assume Mawson will be next summer's Siggy.

I still think we'll lease the stadium though rather than purchase, but the point stands, albeit they'll use it for expansion costs perhaps not purchase.

Exactly, but you'd still pay a good chunk of the outright purchase price for a 30 year lease.

And looking at the squad as it stands, I'm afraid i don't share your optimism about significant future lottery wins.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Renato Sanchez on 16:50 - Aug 29 with 5108 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 16:47 - Aug 29 by Shaky

Exactly, but you'd still pay a good chunk of the outright purchase price for a 30 year lease.

And looking at the squad as it stands, I'm afraid i don't share your optimism about significant future lottery wins.

Oh, I'm not saying I think Mawson will provide a pot. I'm saying 'we' meaning the club.

I think there is little upside in our squad at present, in terms of big wins anyway.

Mawson being English makes him the most profitable prospect I imagine. It's hard to see too much after that at the moment,
Renato Sanchez on 17:25 - Aug 29 with 4842 viewsairedale

Renato Sanchez on 16:50 - Aug 29 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I'm not saying I think Mawson will provide a pot. I'm saying 'we' meaning the club.

I think there is little upside in our squad at present, in terms of big wins anyway.

Mawson being English makes him the most profitable prospect I imagine. It's hard to see too much after that at the moment,

If Clucas kicks on he might be a big money asset too.
Renato Sanchez on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 4782 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 17:25 - Aug 29 by airedale

If Clucas kicks on he might be a big money asset too.

He's 27 this week though isn't he?

Difficult unless he proves exceptional or gets called up for England to see him move up by more than £5m or £10m over what we've paid.

That won't buy us much.
Renato Sanchez on 17:33 - Aug 29 with 4742 viewsSwan91

True if he comes.. 2 of our main attack force will be gone next season... but now that we have got rid of the deadwood... we will have a season with more money from transfer etc... so we have a whole season to scout properly next season prospects to replace Tammy and Sanchez (if he comes).. also.. who knows... if they are still not near the first team squad again next season even if they do well for us.. then we could get them again (or buy)... you just don't know these days.. with season loans.. anything can happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Renato Sanchez on 17:45 - Aug 29 with 4627 viewsJack123

11/8 now, must be because Liverpool have said they are not in for him?

libera nos a malo

Renato Sanchez on 19:08 - Aug 29 with 4176 viewsawayjack

Renato Sanchez on 17:33 - Aug 29 by Swan91

True if he comes.. 2 of our main attack force will be gone next season... but now that we have got rid of the deadwood... we will have a season with more money from transfer etc... so we have a whole season to scout properly next season prospects to replace Tammy and Sanchez (if he comes).. also.. who knows... if they are still not near the first team squad again next season even if they do well for us.. then we could get them again (or buy)... you just don't know these days.. with season loans.. anything can happen.

Do you honestly believe the transfer profits, wage cuts and sky windfalls will be re-invested in squad? Investor agenda is to make large profits and exit at a large premium in next year or so.
Huw has assured them again our depleted squad is good enough to stay up to support future Sky income for exit. They'll invest a modest proportion, use loans wisely to stay up for big money on exit.

I hope I'm wrong and they care about long-term future of club over their profits, but I've not seen anything in Board behaviour this summer. Remember the Yank hedge fund guys are purely in his for short-term profit.
Renato Sanchez on 19:25 - Aug 29 with 4015 viewsmax936

Renato Sanchez on 19:08 - Aug 29 by awayjack

Do you honestly believe the transfer profits, wage cuts and sky windfalls will be re-invested in squad? Investor agenda is to make large profits and exit at a large premium in next year or so.
Huw has assured them again our depleted squad is good enough to stay up to support future Sky income for exit. They'll invest a modest proportion, use loans wisely to stay up for big money on exit.

I hope I'm wrong and they care about long-term future of club over their profits, but I've not seen anything in Board behaviour this summer. Remember the Yank hedge fund guys are purely in his for short-term profit.

They've had the Siggy money and they've taken out a Loan, but where is it all ??

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Renato Sanchez on 19:34 - Aug 29 with 3918 viewsAl_Bundy

Renato Sanchez on 19:25 - Aug 29 by max936

They've had the Siggy money and they've taken out a Loan, but where is it all ??

That question may be best answered at 11pm Thursday
Renato Sanchez on 19:43 - Aug 29 with 3812 viewsexiledclaseboy

We're nearly 15 pages in, has anyone done a "save your love, my darling, save your love" gag yet? I'm not reading the whole thing.

Poll: Tory leader

Renato Sanchez on 19:47 - Aug 29 with 3739 viewsmax936

Renato Sanchez on 19:43 - Aug 29 by exiledclaseboy

We're nearly 15 pages in, has anyone done a "save your love, my darling, save your love" gag yet? I'm not reading the whole thing.

Yeah its on page 5, but here's the song as I don't want you to miss out

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Renato Sanchez on 19:50 - Aug 29 with 3692 viewsexiledclaseboy

Renato Sanchez on 19:47 - Aug 29 by max936

Yeah its on page 5, but here's the song as I don't want you to miss out

You're a gent.

Poll: Tory leader

Renato Sanchez on 20:12 - Aug 29 with 3475 viewsE20Jack

We are in to evens

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Renato Sanchez on 20:15 - Aug 29 with 3456 viewsBorojack

Renato Sanchez on 20:12 - Aug 29 by E20Jack

We are in to evens

Have you stuck 50p each way on it.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Renato Sanchez on 20:22 - Aug 29 with 3361 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 20:15 - Aug 29 by Borojack

Have you stuck 50p each way on it.

No sir, but I think it is always positive when the media are strongly suggesting the opposite to the continued direction of the market.

Renato Sanchez on 20:30 - Aug 29 with 3265 viewsawayjack

Renato Sanchez on 20:22 - Aug 29 by E20Jack

No sir, but I think it is always positive when the media are strongly suggesting the opposite to the continued direction of the market.

Good signing if it comes off and also pleasing to prove ' Sky Sources' there's no deal are often made up.
Renato Sanchez on 20:32 - Aug 29 with 3228 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 20:30 - Aug 29 by awayjack

Good signing if it comes off and also pleasing to prove ' Sky Sources' there's no deal are often made up.

They are filler pieces. They are selling the product of the PL. Thats why they get Jim White in for the transfer deadline who goes mental at the prospect of Robbie Brady signing for Burnley.

Renato Sanchez on 20:40 - Aug 29 with 3104 viewsGaryjack

So we now have 5 red pens in the bag!
Renato Sanchez on 20:46 - Aug 29 with 3014 viewstomdickharry

If we don't make any signings then fans will have every reason to be more than discontented with the powers to be,but just let us wait and see.
Renato Sanchez on 20:47 - Aug 29 with 2998 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 20:40 - Aug 29 by Garyjack

So we now have 5 red pens in the bag!

I will start believing when we have 7.

Renato Sanchez on 20:48 - Aug 29 with 2981 viewsgolly47

Renato Sanchez on 20:32 - Aug 29 by E20Jack

They are filler pieces. They are selling the product of the PL. Thats why they get Jim White in for the transfer deadline who goes mental at the prospect of Robbie Brady signing for Burnley.

Has there ever been a transfer deadline day special at the Liberty at all? Like the whole malarky with the crowds, and a correspondent with a dildo in his ear at 10:00pm?

Poll: What was worse?

Renato Sanchez on 20:51 - Aug 29 with 2931 viewspencoedjack

There has but there was no activity

Surprise surprise would be better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024