Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City v Liverpool 13:14 - Sep 9 with 6981 viewsKennedy

Straight red.

Looks bad, but surely a yellow card? The GK is now an outfield player. Yes he's injured but both players had to go for the ball.

If this was CM v CM then it would be no where near a red.

https://imgtc.com/w/Sa2whPE

[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 13:15]

Just call me JFK

City v Liverpool on 13:17 - Sep 9 with 6957 viewsjasper_T

Mane's entitled to "go for the ball" but not with his foot that high. It's dangerous play regardless of where he's looking (that he doesn't know where the keeper is makes it worse).

Minimum yellow, understandable red. Sky commentators sound like idiots claiming it was barely even a foul. It doesn't happen "20 times a match" Gary you moron.
City v Liverpool on 13:21 - Sep 9 with 6930 viewswhoflungdung

Debatable decision ,which is what tv companies want

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

City v Liverpool on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 6912 viewslidojack

Mane's studs connected with Ederson's face. How is that not a red?

Yes it was 50-50 but if he went studs up on someone's knee then no one would question it.
City v Liverpool on 13:26 - Sep 9 with 6898 viewsraynor94

City v Liverpool on 13:24 - Sep 9 by lidojack

Mane's studs connected with Ederson's face. How is that not a red?

Yes it was 50-50 but if he went studs up on someone's knee then no one would question it.

Exactly, nailed on red

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

City v Liverpool on 13:27 - Sep 9 with 6894 viewsJohnw102

Ball was there to be won, yellow at most, if that had been Moss sending a Swan off this board would be in meltdown.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

City v Liverpool on 13:31 - Sep 9 with 6864 viewsKennedy

This angle looks very bad, so maybe it was a red.

http://imgur.com/a/naIQa

Just call me JFK

City v Liverpool on 13:32 - Sep 9 with 6859 viewsWarwickHunt

City v Liverpool on 13:27 - Sep 9 by Johnw102

Ball was there to be won, yellow at most, if that had been Moss sending a Swan off this board would be in meltdown.

Nope. You can't put your studs in someone's face - especially with your foot raised that high.
City v Liverpool on 13:33 - Sep 9 with 6847 viewslidojack

Just because the ball is there to be won doesn't mean we are allowed to throw player safety out of the window. He has left the ground and put his studs at eye level.

Ederson could easily have a fractured skull right now and people want Mane to still be on the pitch?
Login to get fewer ads

City v Liverpool on 13:33 - Sep 9 with 6841 viewsraynor94

His foot was high it caught him in the face! Yellow at most? You really need to change your glasses or get a bigger telly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

City v Liverpool on 13:35 - Sep 9 with 6811 viewslifelong

Straight red...correct decision.
City v Liverpool on 13:38 - Sep 9 with 6777 viewsclement

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

City v Liverpool on 13:39 - Sep 9 with 6771 viewsjack247

Just seen the replay. Definite red, although I can see how it may have looked a yellow in real time. Genuine attempt to play the ball but you can't go studs first into someone's face
City v Liverpool on 13:41 - Sep 9 with 6756 viewsmonmouth

Ball was there to be won when Chico kicked Louis Haha in the chops, far more gently than what Mane did. You are responsible for where you put your feet and for the safety of others. If he'd had Bradders as a coach and kicked him with his instep, with Emerson ducking, might be an argument for yellow. As it is, studs up without due care, red as red can be.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

City v Liverpool on 13:43 - Sep 9 with 6745 viewsmax936

City v Liverpool on 13:35 - Sep 9 by lifelong

Yep red all day, very unfortunate for both players though as Mane wouldn't have intended that, but you can't go flying in with your foot that high.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

City v Liverpool on 13:43 - Sep 9 with 6744 viewspencoedjack

City v Liverpool on 13:35 - Sep 9 by lifelong

Definitely
City v Liverpool on 13:47 - Sep 9 with 6721 viewsSwanjaxs

The ball is always there to be won, it's how you win it... could have taken the keepers eye out, definitely straight red...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

City v Liverpool on 13:47 - Sep 9 with 6715 viewssully49

City v Liverpool on 13:39 - Sep 9 by jack247

Just seen the replay. Definite red, although I can see how it may have looked a yellow in real time. Genuine attempt to play the ball but you can't go studs first into someone's face

Its a straight red any day of the week. It's not very often I'll agree with John Moss.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

City v Liverpool on 13:49 - Sep 9 with 6708 viewsMeraki

Can I stick the head on someone if the ball is there to be won?
City v Liverpool on 13:50 - Sep 9 with 6700 viewsMeraki

Man City are tearing them to pieces.
City v Liverpool on 13:50 - Sep 9 with 6697 viewsThornburyswan

City v Liverpool on 13:41 - Sep 9 by monmouth

Ball was there to be won when Chico kicked Louis Haha in the chops, far more gently than what Mane did. You are responsible for where you put your feet and for the safety of others. If he'd had Bradders as a coach and kicked him with his instep, with Emerson ducking, might be an argument for yellow. As it is, studs up without due care, red as red can be.

This. At first view at match speed I thought yellow but once you see it again it's a red, unfortunate & has clearly changed the game but the ref got it right.
City v Liverpool on 14:30 - Sep 9 with 6589 viewsmax936

Citeh have been brilliant but Liverpool's frailties at the back are shocking, you can't blame the sending off for that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

City v Liverpool on 14:44 - Sep 9 with 6538 viewsTheKirkyLife

A classic Orange card for me.

I can understand why the Red was brought out and if I'd given myself time to check and think it over I probably would have come to the same decision.
City v Liverpool on 15:08 - Sep 9 with 6451 viewsPegojack

Straight red all day long, will come under 'serious foul play'.

Studs up at head height challenging for a ball about seven feet in the air, with the opposing player trying to head it, and some of you think that was a yellow? Get real.
City v Liverpool on 14:56 - Sep 10 with 6137 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So if Shelvey goes to win every header today with his foot 6 foot in the air, risking blinding a player, perhaps worse, you'd be fine with it because the ball was there to be won?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024