Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stella 09:39 - Sep 14 with 16090 viewsProfessor

Not the most popular show on here. However in last night's episode there was a "Swansea City AFC. Since 1912" scarf on the wall. Not sure whether down to the actors (several are Neath/Swansea boys) or Ruth Jones and her husband (who are the producers). Anyway another one in the eye for the "Welsh Barca"
Stella on 09:50 - Sep 14 with 5376 viewsrealpencoedjack

I'm guessing it's the camp undertakers as he's had his season ticket in the east next to me for years
Stella on 09:51 - Sep 14 with 5356 viewsDarran

Amy watched that here last night.

I was aghast at what I was seeing,absolutely shocking programme and utterly embarrassing to Wales.

WTF?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stella on 09:58 - Sep 14 with 5356 viewswhoflungdung

How did you come to watch this programme Paul.

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Stella on 12:12 - Sep 14 with 5273 viewsProfessor

Stella on 09:58 - Sep 14 by whoflungdung

How did you come to watch this programme Paul.

Having spent many formative years in the Rhondda I find it quite funny. Ruth Jones is a similar age to me and I think it harks back to how the Valleys were when we were young. Some things which seem ridiculous are often closer to the truth than we would admit.

I don't watch much TV, so escapist nonsense is quite enjoyable. Equally looking forward to 'The Child in Time' which is perhaps my favourite novel. Ian McEwan does not translate well to the screen (except perhaps Attonement) and it is very much a book of the 1980s too
Stella on 12:44 - Sep 14 with 5204 viewsDarran

Stella on 12:12 - Sep 14 by Professor

Having spent many formative years in the Rhondda I find it quite funny. Ruth Jones is a similar age to me and I think it harks back to how the Valleys were when we were young. Some things which seem ridiculous are often closer to the truth than we would admit.

I don't watch much TV, so escapist nonsense is quite enjoyable. Equally looking forward to 'The Child in Time' which is perhaps my favourite novel. Ian McEwan does not translate well to the screen (except perhaps Attonement) and it is very much a book of the 1980s too

It wasn't funny though it was dire.

Stella on 13:23 - Sep 14 with 5176 viewsProfessor

Stella on 12:44 - Sep 14 by Darran

It wasn't funny though it was dire.

We all like different things. There are plenty of things people find hilarious that leave me cold. Mrs Brown's Boys I actively dislike, Michael McIntyre etc. etc.

Not having lived in Wales for 20 years perhaps makes me less sensitive to it.
Stella on 13:27 - Sep 14 with 5155 viewsDarran

Stella on 13:23 - Sep 14 by Professor

We all like different things. There are plenty of things people find hilarious that leave me cold. Mrs Brown's Boys I actively dislike, Michael McIntyre etc. etc.

Not having lived in Wales for 20 years perhaps makes me less sensitive to it.

Fair point Prof but it makes Mrs Browns Boys look like the funniest programme ever made.

Stella on 13:42 - Sep 14 with 5146 viewstaffpunk

Quite possibly the worst thing on TV, let's hope in the next episode that everything is Swansea City related.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Stella on 14:11 - Sep 14 with 5103 viewswhoflungdung

Paul.

You're far prettier than this overated professional Welsh woman.

I watched it by accident once and my eyes bled at its crassness .

Chaq un ,though ,n est ce pas

The Liar dram a is where it's at with great Welsh actor Ioan Grufudd sharing the lead

We ve had some wonderful actors

Can remember Ray Milland and they named a street after him in Neath.

Stella on 14:33 - Sep 14 with 5074 viewsLohengrin

Stella on 12:12 - Sep 14 by Professor

Your neighbours keep a donkey in the parlour?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Stella on 14:42 - Sep 14 with 5056 viewswhoflungdung

Piano ,mum.

Btw,Id never heard of weltauslaaug or whatever the feck it is..

Had to look it up.

U smart arse

Stella on 14:46 - Sep 14 with 5035 viewsDarran

Stella on 13:42 - Sep 14 by taffpunk

Quite possibly the worst thing on TV, let's hope in the next episode that everything is Swansea City related.

It's dreadful Mate.

Stella on 15:12 - Sep 14 with 5021 viewsjackal

Stella on 14:11 - Sep 14 by whoflungdung

Paul.

You're far prettier than this overated professional Welsh woman.

I watched it by accident once and my eyes bled at its crassness .

Chaq un ,though ,n est ce pas

The Liar dram a is where it's at with great Welsh actor Ioan Grufudd sharing the lead

We ve had some wonderful actors

Can remember Ray Milland and they named a street after him in Neath.

Ray Milland was originally named Reginald Truscott-Jones and he took his name from the Milland works in Neath. Where he was born.

I met him when he came to publicise his autobiography. A nice chap and a true Hollywood great.
Stella on 15:56 - Sep 14 with 4982 viewsProfessor

Stella on 14:33 - Sep 14 by Lohengrin

Your neighbours keep a donkey in the parlour?

No

But my late grandfather saw this over the Rhondda Fach-actually the Penrhys estate in the late 1970s
Stella on 16:00 - Sep 14 with 4974 viewsmax936

Wasting your time talking about Stella on here Prof, philistines the lot of em, call em selfs Welshmen

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stella on 16:08 - Sep 14 with 4965 viewsLohengrin

Stella on 15:56 - Sep 14 by Professor

No

But my late grandfather saw this over the Rhondda Fach-actually the Penrhys estate in the late 1970s

Good grief!

Picking up on your earlier point about good screen adaptations of books have you managed to catch Gillies Mackinnon's production of Pat Barker's Regeneration? A more perfectly cast and sensitively staged piece I doubt you will come across. It's nigh-on perfect.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Stella on 16:39 - Sep 14 with 4938 viewsCountyJim

Stella on 09:51 - Sep 14 by Darran

Amy watched that here last night.

I was aghast at what I was seeing,absolutely shocking programme and utterly embarrassing to Wales.

WTF?

You just don't have a sense of humour

The neighbours with the donkey in the house is very much like my nanas next door neighbour they had a donkey
Stella on 16:40 - Sep 14 with 4936 viewsmarchamjack

One of the best things on tv.

I do think being an exile up here in Oxon makes you more nostalgic for all things Welsh though.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Stella on 16:45 - Sep 14 with 4918 viewsDarran

Stella on 16:39 - Sep 14 by CountyJim

You just don't have a sense of humour

The neighbours with the donkey in the house is very much like my nanas next door neighbour they had a donkey

You're a fuçking donkey.

Stella on 16:48 - Sep 14 with 4919 viewsProfessor

Stella on 16:08 - Sep 14 by Lohengrin

Good grief!

Picking up on your earlier point about good screen adaptations of books have you managed to catch Gillies Mackinnon's production of Pat Barker's Regeneration? A more perfectly cast and sensitively staged piece I doubt you will come across. It's nigh-on perfect.

No-will try to catch it some point. I only tend to see things with the kids or on planes. Going to see Dunkirk on IMAX without kids was a rare treat
Stella on 17:02 - Sep 14 with 4905 viewsmonmouth

Stella on 16:08 - Sep 14 by Lohengrin

Good grief!

I've seen that. I thought it was truly excellent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stella on 17:22 - Sep 14 with 4883 viewsmax936

Stella on 16:45 - Sep 14 by Darran

You're a fuçking donkey.

Get it right a well fed fuking Donkey

Stella on 17:28 - Sep 14 with 4870 viewsCountyJim

Stella on 17:22 - Sep 14 by max936

Get it right a well fed fuking Donkey

hows things Twiggy
Stella on 17:46 - Sep 14 with 4851 viewsmax936

Stella on 17:28 - Sep 14 by CountyJim

hows things Twiggy

Im fine Jimbo you? Off till Monday so happy days.

Stella on 18:43 - Sep 14 with 4807 viewsjohnlangy

Stella on 13:27 - Sep 14 by Darran

Fair point Prof but it makes Mrs Browns Boys look like the funniest programme ever made.

Totally disagree. Mrs Browns Boys is dreadful. Stella's quite good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024