Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question for people that went to the Vetch 10:53 - Sep 17 with 36140 viewsDarran

Did any of you hear Jason Price being called a lazy black bastard with sheer regularity?

It's a no from me.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 17:27]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 6335 viewsjack247

Lazy - no.
Black bastard etc - yes
Useless etc - yes

It was always a small minority of people, but they could often be heard.
Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:09 - Sep 17 with 6325 viewsE20Jack

Yes on all counts. Awful.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:13 - Sep 17 with 6303 viewsDarran

Well I'm not saying it didn't happen but it never happened with sheer regularity.
I never missed a game home and away for years when JJ was playing for us and I never heard it once.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:14 - Sep 17 with 6287 viewscimlajack

It's a no from me too.
Probably down to where in the ground you watch the game and the company you keep.
Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:16 - Sep 17 with 6269 viewsCooperman

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:07 - Sep 17 by jack247

Lazy - no.
Black bastard etc - yes
Useless etc - yes

It was always a small minority of people, but they could often be heard.

This.

He was also labelled as a headless chicken which implies that he wasn't lazy. More shite than lazy.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:18 - Sep 17 with 6267 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:13 - Sep 17 by Darran

Well I'm not saying it didn't happen but it never happened with sheer regularity.
I never missed a game home and away for years when JJ was playing for us and I never heard it once.

It happeed I would say almost a game by game basis. Similar to what Michael Howard experienced in terms of regularity. He was that eras whipping boy.

Where were you out of interest? If you were in the North Bank then it was literally unmissable. I can only assume you were in the Center Stand?

The worst was when he was deployed as full back. He would be instructed to bomb forward, yet if the ball then got punted down our end and he wasnt there then the abuse regarding his laziness was ridiculous. He even asked the North Bank to stop in one particular game. Terrible to witness.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:18]

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 6250 viewsmax936

Pricey was a bit of an enigma when he played for us and he did cop for some abuse, exactly what was said I can't remember, he had a couple of periods when he was very good, but a lot of games when he was lets say off the pace with a bit of a couldn't careless attitude.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:24 - Sep 17 with 6229 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:18 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

It happeed I would say almost a game by game basis. Similar to what Michael Howard experienced in terms of regularity. He was that eras whipping boy.

Where were you out of interest? If you were in the North Bank then it was literally unmissable. I can only assume you were in the Center Stand?

The worst was when he was deployed as full back. He would be instructed to bomb forward, yet if the ball then got punted down our end and he wasnt there then the abuse regarding his laziness was ridiculous. He even asked the North Bank to stop in one particular game. Terrible to witness.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:18]

It didn't.
The football wasn't pretty at the time under Hollins but most of Prices games were in a pretty successful side,play-offs first season the Champions the filleting season.

It didn't happen on a game by game basis you're making it up?
Did you go to every game he ever played for us then?

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:25 - Sep 17 with 6224 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:24 - Sep 17 by Darran

It didn't.
The football wasn't pretty at the time under Hollins but most of Prices games were in a pretty successful side,play-offs first season the Champions the filleting season.

It did. I assure you.

I was a season ticket holder that year so yes probably, away games I went to a handful a year.

Where were you sitting?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:27 - Sep 17 with 6211 viewsCooperman

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:24 - Sep 17 by Darran

It didn't.

There's something a bit fishy about that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:29 - Sep 17 with 6201 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:27 - Sep 17 by Cooperman

There's something a bit fishy about that.

I thought of fish puns too but decided to leave it alone. Should have done it just for the sheer halibut.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:29 - Sep 17 with 6199 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:25 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

It did. I assure you.

I was a season ticket holder that year so yes probably, away games I went to a handful a year.

Where were you sitting?

Hang on now Price was here for more than one season and you went to a handful of games 'that' season.

What happened to the game by game basis? How do you know he was called a lazy black bastard at the games you weren't at? Someone told you is it?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:30 - Sep 17 with 6195 viewsswanjackal

I think anyone new to watching us play around that time, not owning a matchdayprogramme may have mistaken his name as "For F@cksake", but never heard the racist stuff, again like others it could have been localised to certain pockets of fans though.

If they were to say he was an "arrogant pri@k" then I don't think I could have much complaints about that observation having witnessed him many times midweek on the lash in Quids Inn wearing his club tracksuit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:32 - Sep 17 with 6185 viewsMo_Wives

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:29 - Sep 17 by Darran

Hang on now Price was here for more than one season and you went to a handful of games 'that' season.

What happened to the game by game basis? How do you know he was called a lazy black bastard at the games you weren't at? Someone told you is it?

Dear Cod. Stop carping on, man.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:34 - Sep 17 with 6176 viewsE20Jack

The play off season you were refering to. I was a season ticket holder from around 1995 to 2007. I said almost game by game basis. I highly doubt the abuse stopped due to the fact I wasnt there.

I am guessing by your refusal to answer my question, i take it you were nowhere newr the North Bank then, right?

So you can't really comment on what was said in the North Bank then, with respect.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:38]

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:41 - Sep 17 with 6130 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:34 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

The play off season you were refering to. I was a season ticket holder from around 1995 to 2007. I said almost game by game basis. I highly doubt the abuse stopped due to the fact I wasnt there.

I am guessing by your refusal to answer my question, i take it you were nowhere newr the North Bank then, right?

So you can't really comment on what was said in the North Bank then, with respect.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:38]

No I wasn't on the north bank during that time but always in the away end at away games.
It didn't happen on an 'almost' game by game basis with sheer regularity. It didn't.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:42 - Sep 17 with 6115 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:41 - Sep 17 by Darran

No I wasn't on the north bank during that time but always in the away end at away games.
It didn't happen on an 'almost' game by game basis with sheer regularity. It didn't.

If you were never in the north bank then how would you know?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:44 - Sep 17 with 6098 viewsTheResurrection

And how can you speak for the other 95% of the stadium from where you were sitting in the quiet Centre Stand, you facking gimp.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:45 - Sep 17 with 6091 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:44 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

And how can you speak for the other 95% of the stadium from where you were sitting in the quiet Centre Stand, you facking gimp.

What about the away games then?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 6090 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:44 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

You were a Nirth Bank man, do you remember Price regularly being verbally targetted or am I going mad?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:47 - Sep 17 with 6075 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:42 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

If you were never in the north bank then how would you know?

Ah right so it wasn't on a game by game basis with regularity anymore it was just at home games when you were on the North Bank?
I see my mistake.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:47 - Sep 17 with 6074 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:45 - Sep 17 by Darran

What about the away games then?

Chester away was one of the games that sticks in my mind more than others.

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:48 - Sep 17 with 6068 viewsDarran

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:47 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Chester away was one of the games that sticks in my mind more than others.

Anymore?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:49 - Sep 17 with 6054 viewsTheResurrection

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:46 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

You were a Nirth Bank man, do you remember Price regularly being verbally targetted or am I going mad?

I think it's easy to forget what times were like then compared to now.

Now if you hear anything racist it's magnified and a criminal act.

Back then it was just another way to get to a player. Mostly away players but sometimes our own.

It happened alright because society was different back then. Darren is just a hopeless poster lost up his own useless backside.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:50 - Sep 17 with 6054 viewsE20Jack

Serious question for people they went to the Vetch on 11:47 - Sep 17 by Darran

Ah right so it wasn't on a game by game basis with regularity anymore it was just at home games when you were on the North Bank?
I see my mistake.

I was in the north bank EVERY home game and went to around a quarter of away ones. I would say that constituted almost game by game basis, certainly covers the regularity part.

You were not in the North Bank. Others that were have told you he was abused regularly on this very thread. I assume they also were North Bank regulars.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024