Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryanair.... 16:03 - Sep 22 with 5849 viewswhoflungdung

Sorry to cause any upset but,surely this filthy company of clowns should be allowed to die

They re in trouble so what does O Leary do...feckn cancel flights leaving people to dangle

There again ,from a man who " doesn't give a rats arse" ..no surprise

Greatest surprise is why a company with such obvious contempt for its customers is still trading.

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Ryanair.... on 09:21 - Sep 23 with 2912 viewswhoflungdung

In short ,a shambolicshit of an outfit.

We really should allow them to wither away

Ryanair.... on 12:48 - Sep 23 with 2871 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryanair.... on 09:07 - Sep 23 by icecoldjack

Not one comment about the pilots situation in all of this ? Ryanair in its current format are a ticking time bomb with how they treat their staff and there are serious concerns from pilots . 140 pilots have since moved to Norweigan Air, not sure about anyone else but I want the pilot of my plane to be worried about flying the plane and nothing else, not worrying about money, paying for own accomadation and uniform, keeping fuel to just within legal standards etc,etc

The whole situation is an extremely dangerous one with 90 % of pilots saying they don't have an open and transparent safety culture.
They in effect have many pilots on zero hours contracts , they get paid when they fly so therefore fly when perhaps they shouldn't.

Asking pilots to fly slower to save fuel is another trick, they have also declared 3 maydays due to lack of fuel requiring diversion to other airports . This isn't a case of nothing left in the tank but more a procedure . calculated useable fuel on landing was less than the final approach after delay .Ryanair operate right on the limit.

All these things put a huge strain on pilots, many of whom are at Ryanair to build flying hours and then progress their careers elsewhere but have to remain silent or not fly .

The prick that owns the airline is playing with people's lives but just doesn't give a fook . They own most of their planes too but thankfully they buy them new and sell them on after a few years .

All airlines fly slower to save fuel.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ryanair.... on 13:03 - Sep 23 with 2869 viewsMrSwerve

Ryanair.... on 09:07 - Sep 23 by icecoldjack

Not one comment about the pilots situation in all of this ? Ryanair in its current format are a ticking time bomb with how they treat their staff and there are serious concerns from pilots . 140 pilots have since moved to Norweigan Air, not sure about anyone else but I want the pilot of my plane to be worried about flying the plane and nothing else, not worrying about money, paying for own accomadation and uniform, keeping fuel to just within legal standards etc,etc

The whole situation is an extremely dangerous one with 90 % of pilots saying they don't have an open and transparent safety culture.
They in effect have many pilots on zero hours contracts , they get paid when they fly so therefore fly when perhaps they shouldn't.

Asking pilots to fly slower to save fuel is another trick, they have also declared 3 maydays due to lack of fuel requiring diversion to other airports . This isn't a case of nothing left in the tank but more a procedure . calculated useable fuel on landing was less than the final approach after delay .Ryanair operate right on the limit.

All these things put a huge strain on pilots, many of whom are at Ryanair to build flying hours and then progress their careers elsewhere but have to remain silent or not fly .

The prick that owns the airline is playing with people's lives but just doesn't give a fook . They own most of their planes too but thankfully they buy them new and sell them on after a few years .

I'd like to see the numbers and evidence behind this. The CAA wouldn't allow anything to go on that would be endangering passengers. You aren't allowed to under fuel so much that you cannot divert to alternates.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ryanair.... on 13:42 - Sep 23 with 2849 viewsicecoldjack

Ryanair.... on 13:03 - Sep 23 by MrSwerve

I'd like to see the numbers and evidence behind this. The CAA wouldn't allow anything to go on that would be endangering passengers. You aren't allowed to under fuel so much that you cannot divert to alternates.

Evidence ? 4 maydays due to their policy of fueling planes and leaving enough for contingency planning . They are endangering passengers because they arn't planning for any potential problems or contingency, something paramount to aircraft safety, because of this policy they save money and gain an unfair advantage, other low cost carriers then look to follow the same policy, if 3 of these aircraft end up in a holding pattern for any length of time or for unseen circumstances you end up with the pilots having to request a priority landing and calling mayday, this has happened 4 times to Ryanair .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ryanair/Ryanair-investigation-prompts-cal

" It added that the carrier’s fuel policy “is based specifically on minimising the fuel load at the start of the flight ... As a result, Ryanair aircraft generally land with the minimum required fuel.

“This policy ... gives Ryanair a competitive advantage over other airlines that tend to fly with larger amounts of reserve fuel and therefore use more fuel. Market competition is forcing other airlines to reduce their costs by adopting fuel policies similar to Ryanair’s.

“This could make it commonplace for airplanes to arrive at their destinations with the minimum required fuel and without reserves in the event of a delay.

“The arrival of several aircraft flying with minimum fuel at the same airport could give rise to several simultaneous emergency declarations for lack of fuel "

Thats from the report filed by the Spanish civil aviation authority where the maydays took place.
Ryanair.... on 13:50 - Sep 23 with 2843 viewsicecoldjack

Ryanair.... on 12:48 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

All airlines fly slower to save fuel.

Wrong.

While an airline can and does save millions by flying slower to save fuel there is the flip side of maintaining crew turnaround,passnger turnaround and overall time appeal to customers, it takes longer to reach destinations now with some airlines but not others, it all depends on the volume of passenger turnaround, the quicker the plane flies some routes the more money it makes on crew and passenger turnaround.

"Traditionally, the typical flying speed (546-575mph) is a trade-off between commercial pressures and fuel consumption — reaching a destination quicker is not only more appealing to customers but also minimises crew costs and ensures a new load of passengers quicker."
Ryanair.... on 13:50 - Sep 23 with 2843 viewsswanforthemoney

Ryanair.... on 16:23 - Sep 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Greatest surprise is why a company with such obvious contempt for its customers is still trading. "

Because you can fly to countries all over Europe, often for less than the price of train ticket to Cardiff.

I agree with DYSS, which is a rarity in itself.
Im sure Ill be using them again.

I stand in the North Stand

Ryanair.... on 14:10 - Sep 23 with 2831 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryanair.... on 13:50 - Sep 23 by icecoldjack

Wrong.

While an airline can and does save millions by flying slower to save fuel there is the flip side of maintaining crew turnaround,passnger turnaround and overall time appeal to customers, it takes longer to reach destinations now with some airlines but not others, it all depends on the volume of passenger turnaround, the quicker the plane flies some routes the more money it makes on crew and passenger turnaround.

"Traditionally, the typical flying speed (546-575mph) is a trade-off between commercial pressures and fuel consumption — reaching a destination quicker is not only more appealing to customers but also minimises crew costs and ensures a new load of passengers quicker."

Yeah but Ryanair aren't doing 10+ hour transatlantic flights. They are doing 2 hour flights to west and central Europe. They can fly 50mph slower and it will make little difference.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ryanair.... on 14:41 - Sep 23 with 2823 viewsicecoldjack

Ryanair.... on 14:10 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah but Ryanair aren't doing 10+ hour transatlantic flights. They are doing 2 hour flights to west and central Europe. They can fly 50mph slower and it will make little difference.

It's the small flights that make money due to high passenger turnaround. They are also able to change crew easily and keep the plane flying, planes on the ground is the biggest cost.

Often flying too slow will mean during the course of a shift a pilot will reach his hours before schedule, thus meaning new pilots required on the next flight, or it could mean passengers due to be picked up at the next destination will be delayed or cancelled if pilots arn't in place to cover.

It's a balance but most airlines do a great job without putting passengers in danger or inconvinience.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryanair.... on 09:48 - Sep 25 with 2718 viewsPegojack

I've used Ryanair many, many times and they've always delivered what they promised, nothing more and nothing less. I make it a point of honour not to spend one penny more than I have to on their flights - I don't have any kind of upgrade, I don't pay for hold luggage, I don't buy anything apart from the occasional coffee on the plane, not even the 'charity' scratchcards because I'm sure half of it goes into O'Leary's pocket.

However, this latest debacle is now making me think twice about using them, if there's a competitive alternative for where I want to go. This is bad news for the company, because if people like me are thinking twice, they are in serious trouble.
Ryanair.... on 10:01 - Sep 25 with 2711 viewswhoflungdung

Bought a coffee or at least Missus did.

I'd rather have drunk from the furry cup of Mutti.

Twas three quid and vile

Ryanair.... on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 2704 viewsPegojack

Ryanair.... on 10:01 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

Bought a coffee or at least Missus did.

I'd rather have drunk from the furry cup of Mutti.

Twas three quid and vile

I've never had any problem with the coffee on their planes, but then again I'm not used to being served finest Arabica by my butler on a silver tray.
Ryanair.... on 10:17 - Sep 25 with 2692 viewswhoflungdung

You should move here ,Mike. I can get you into a nice friendly Lodge .

Yesterday ,we had a sand racing event and several were there from the continent . All marvelled at this vast ,empty ,sometime grim shoreline of ours .

Tide goes out further than Swansea Bay.

Ryanair.... on 10:19 - Sep 25 with 2690 viewsPegojack

Ryanair.... on 10:17 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

You should move here ,Mike. I can get you into a nice friendly Lodge .

Yesterday ,we had a sand racing event and several were there from the continent . All marvelled at this vast ,empty ,sometime grim shoreline of ours .

Tide goes out further than Swansea Bay.

Cheers Richie, I'm too busy working and paying my taxes to keep idle fecking pensioners in luxury.
Ryanair.... on 10:28 - Sep 25 with 2687 viewsunion_jack

I hear they have a new company motto:

'Our pilots take holidays so you don't have to"

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ryanair.... on 10:35 - Sep 25 with 2684 viewsWarwickHunt

Ryanair.... on 10:05 - Sep 25 by Pegojack

I've never had any problem with the coffee on their planes, but then again I'm not used to being served finest Arabica by my butler on a silver tray.

It's allegedly Lavazza.

And O'Leary pîsses vintage Dom Perignon...
Ryanair.... on 10:53 - Sep 25 with 2672 viewsHighjack

Do we actually need pilots? These crates pretty much fly themselves anyway

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ryanair.... on 10:55 - Sep 25 with 2668 viewswhoflungdung

I'm self sufficient mun

Cheap date too

Ryanair.... on 10:59 - Sep 25 with 2662 viewswhoflungdung

Ryanair.... on 10:55 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

I'm self sufficient mun

Cheap date too

When have you ever flown Cattle Class ,Wooza

Tsk

Ryanair.... on 11:14 - Sep 25 with 2653 viewsWarwickHunt

Ryanair.... on 10:59 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

When have you ever flown Cattle Class ,Wooza

Tsk

I have occasionally turned right when entering a plane. Usually on a Learjet though.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 11:15]
Ryanair.... on 13:59 - Sep 25 with 2617 viewswhoflungdung

Vile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024