Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans.. 04:57 - Nov 5 with 14349 viewsEU5Makaveli

Half the problem in my opinion, Yes.. we are absolutely sh*t at the moment, but players feed off the crowds energy! And singling out individuals is not helping anyone. Okay Carroll and Clucas were abysmal today but for those who have actually kicked a ball in their lifetime (rather than those armchair idoiots who have never stepped across the white line) know that anyone can have a poor game, and sometimes you can't do much about it.. those fans who jeered Carroll and Clucas off the field are absolute idiots. I guarantee they didn't have a poor game on purpose...so grow up! The problem lies with our poor recruitment, and nothing else.. we sold our 2 match winners and replaced them with players.. some with raw potential and some who aren't good enough! But for our own sake... next home game realise that we are in this together and get behind the team rather than looking for scapegoats! Otherwise it will be a long, hard season.. and also next season in the championship! We are all part of it.. realise this and GET BEHINHD THE TEAM
Our fans.. on 11:46 - Nov 5 with 1590 viewsEU5Makaveli

Our fans.. on 11:22 - Nov 5 by Bloodyhills

As it happens I played the game for 10 years, only in the Swansea League though, have been watching the swans live since 1980. Not that that matters.

However I totally agree that fans should not get on the backs of the players during the match and should get behind them but to say the fans are half the blame is just wrong. There are many on the forum much wiser than me who can explain where the real problems are and have done in hundreds of posts over the last few years.

Yes, completely respect your opinion. I do think that the toxic atmosphere is a big part of the problem though
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 11:47]
Our fans.. on 12:15 - Nov 5 with 1536 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Our fans.. on 11:22 - Nov 5 by Bloodyhills

As it happens I played the game for 10 years, only in the Swansea League though, have been watching the swans live since 1980. Not that that matters.

However I totally agree that fans should not get on the backs of the players during the match and should get behind them but to say the fans are half the blame is just wrong. There are many on the forum much wiser than me who can explain where the real problems are and have done in hundreds of posts over the last few years.

Good post.

The problems at the club run deep and matches like yesterday's bring it all into sharp focus. It's not helping the cause when two players having stinkers get singled out for abuse as they were yesterday. Both got progressively worse and even Carroll started to hide. To be fair to him I've never seen that before from him even when not playing well. Clucas started with two outstanding deliveries from corners then quickly disintegrated into what became a bumbling mess of a player. I fully understand the frustration of watching that but it was clear to me yesterday that the abuse of those two players helped Brighton. I can see the argument that they're paid obscene money and should be able to take it and do their job competently but they are human and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt sorry for them by the end.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Our fans.. on 12:24 - Nov 5 with 1500 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans.. on 12:15 - Nov 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Good post.

The problems at the club run deep and matches like yesterday's bring it all into sharp focus. It's not helping the cause when two players having stinkers get singled out for abuse as they were yesterday. Both got progressively worse and even Carroll started to hide. To be fair to him I've never seen that before from him even when not playing well. Clucas started with two outstanding deliveries from corners then quickly disintegrated into what became a bumbling mess of a player. I fully understand the frustration of watching that but it was clear to me yesterday that the abuse of those two players helped Brighton. I can see the argument that they're paid obscene money and should be able to take it and do their job competently but they are human and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt sorry for them by the end.

Of course it helped Brighton and was probably the difference between at least a point or otherwise.

Anyone trying to make some kind of pathetic excuse or justification is as much a part of the problem as anything else.

Why they are somehow just forgetting the age old theory of the fans getting on the home teams back is just to suit their miserable cause.

Swans 0 Home fans 1

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our fans.. on 12:35 - Nov 5 with 1490 viewsJoshTheJack

It's years of frustration boiling over not helped by Jenkins,Yanks,Trust add in the fact that we look like a sunday league team.I think it's understandabl,Did it cross the line when they were cheered going off probably. Believe it or not they are trying but the confidence isn't there.
Our fans.. on 12:53 - Nov 5 with 1448 viewsdobjack2

Our fans.. on 12:24 - Nov 5 by TheResurrection

Of course it helped Brighton and was probably the difference between at least a point or otherwise.

Anyone trying to make some kind of pathetic excuse or justification is as much a part of the problem as anything else.

Why they are somehow just forgetting the age old theory of the fans getting on the home teams back is just to suit their miserable cause.

Swans 0 Home fans 1

Your first paragraph is drivel The difference was they scored one more goal than we did.

I agree though that The atmosphere doesn’t help the players one bit but ground hog day stuff from the chairman and the quality of the football dropping season by season has led us to this point.
Our fans.. on 13:11 - Nov 5 with 1411 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans.. on 12:53 - Nov 5 by dobjack2

Your first paragraph is drivel The difference was they scored one more goal than we did.

I agree though that The atmosphere doesn’t help the players one bit but ground hog day stuff from the chairman and the quality of the football dropping season by season has led us to this point.

Drivel my arse. At least the bright, intelligent posters are all coming out and saying the same. If you're not in either category that's your problem.

For the rest, have you facking heard how pathetic you're all sounding, like spoilt brats thinking you're facking entitled to champagne football season after season after season.

Be facking thankful we ever got to the Premier league not moan like little tvvats we've been in the odd relegation scrap.

Seriously, the rest of the football world are facking LAUGHING at you.

The scum had one season. They've changed their manager 3 or 4 times since and they maybe back up here, and hey with the same idiot that changed their badge and colour on their kit, but do they give a flying fack at that right now???

One manager that's made that change in all their eyes.

That can be the same for any team and relatively speaking they've done it with spending a fraction of the money we have over the years.

LAUGHING AT YOU.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our fans.. on 13:20 - Nov 5 with 1401 viewsdobjack2

Our fans.. on 13:11 - Nov 5 by TheResurrection

Drivel my arse. At least the bright, intelligent posters are all coming out and saying the same. If you're not in either category that's your problem.

For the rest, have you facking heard how pathetic you're all sounding, like spoilt brats thinking you're facking entitled to champagne football season after season after season.

Be facking thankful we ever got to the Premier league not moan like little tvvats we've been in the odd relegation scrap.

The scum had one season. They've changed their manager 3 or 4 times since and they maybe back up here, and hey with the same idiot that changed their badge and colour on their kit, but do they give a flying fack at that right now???

That can be the same for any team and relatively speaking they've done it with spending a fraction of the money we have over the years.

LAUGHING AT YOU.

Yes drivel.

You can hurl as much abuse as you like but it doesn’t change the fact that it is drivel.

As the forum’s resident Donald or is it Anus (wannabe fAns Leader) your agenda appears to be to shout everyone down that is critical of our glorious chairman.

You are right that the football world is laughing at the state the club is in, but that is because of the incompetence that is running it into the ground.

Your little band of merry men may fawn on your every word but you are showing yourself up to be a very unpleasant person.
Our fans.. on 13:24 - Nov 5 with 1389 viewsJoshTheJack

Our fans.. on 13:11 - Nov 5 by TheResurrection

LAUGHING AT YOU.

I can't speak for anyone else but i don't expect champagne football season after season.What i do expect is the board/manager identifying weaknesess and trying to recticfy them.I expect the players to play with desire.What we're being served up isn't good enough.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 13:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Our fans.. on 13:30 - Nov 5 with 1379 viewsWingstandwood

Jenkins (in yesterdays matchday programme) blaming the supporters for the clubs dire predicament?.......................IS?

Like the Titanic owners blaming the sinking-disaster on?.......The passengers!

Argus!

Our fans.. on 13:46 - Nov 5 with 1352 viewsBarrySwan

Exactly why shouldn't the supporters boo their own team if they think that they're rubbish?

How else are they supposed to express their feelings towards the players and management?

Send a text? Hand in a heart felt letter expressing your disappointment Monday morning to reception?

Far from being poor fans or supporters they are spending their heard earned being in the stadium showing their support and are entitled to express their opinions.

Players and managers love it when the supporters are cheering because they are doing well so they are quite entitled to cop for a load of booing when they are inept game after game.
Our fans.. on 13:51 - Nov 5 with 1324 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans.. on 13:20 - Nov 5 by dobjack2

Yes drivel.

You can hurl as much abuse as you like but it doesn’t change the fact that it is drivel.

As the forum’s resident Donald or is it Anus (wannabe fAns Leader) your agenda appears to be to shout everyone down that is critical of our glorious chairman.

You are right that the football world is laughing at the state the club is in, but that is because of the incompetence that is running it into the ground.

Your little band of merry men may fawn on your every word but you are showing yourself up to be a very unpleasant person.

Well you've got your right to your drivel as well. I'm happy with the types of posters that's shouted down your version of drivel.

You can't be pleasant in a sea of shit.

Our fans.. on 13:56 - Nov 5 with 1325 viewsdobjack2

Our fans.. on 13:51 - Nov 5 by TheResurrection

Well you've got your right to your drivel as well. I'm happy with the types of posters that's shouted down your version of drivel.

You can't be pleasant in a sea of shit.

I’m sorry that you live in such a terrible place have you tried moving?

As for being pleasant, that doesn’t appear to be something that you could do wherever you lived.
Our fans.. on 13:59 - Nov 5 with 1313 viewsLoyal

Our fans.. on 13:46 - Nov 5 by BarrySwan

Exactly why shouldn't the supporters boo their own team if they think that they're rubbish?

How else are they supposed to express their feelings towards the players and management?

Send a text? Hand in a heart felt letter expressing your disappointment Monday morning to reception?

Far from being poor fans or supporters they are spending their heard earned being in the stadium showing their support and are entitled to express their opinions.

Players and managers love it when the supporters are cheering because they are doing well so they are quite entitled to cop for a load of booing when they are inept game after game.

The written word is lost on these cnts.
Thick as fck.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our fans.. on 14:02 - Nov 5 with 1301 viewswhoflungdung

Dobs

Don't be slagging off the valleys min. I tried it but think I got away with it .

Drivel ..well, worse actually

A club that came from virtual nowhere to reach the top league now seemingly heading back as quick.

At least the true fans can watch games before long with their chums with nobody to bother them

They can slag off whatever fans they like ,fact remains ,we are not even a laughing stock right now but a warning to the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and the excellently led Huddersfield

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our fans.. on 14:45 - Nov 5 with 1231 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans.. on 13:46 - Nov 5 by BarrySwan

Having a pop at the manager and his wilfully inane tactics is one thing. Letting them know at the end of the game or half time, OK, fair enough, but singling players out and bullying them all game is something completely different and any kunt that can't see that, in the written word or when it's shouted out in their face is way off the mark.

Some on here have only ever known criticising our team, managers, players, city, there's nothing ever constructive written, that is when you can decipher the fack it is they're trying to say, some enjoy being sad and revelling in their sea of shit.

I'm happy with my lot.

Our fans.. on 15:02 - Nov 5 with 1211 viewsJack11

Our fans.. on 14:45 - Nov 5 by TheResurrection

Having a pop at the manager and his wilfully inane tactics is one thing. Letting them know at the end of the game or half time, OK, fair enough, but singling players out and bullying them all game is something completely different and any kunt that can't see that, in the written word or when it's shouted out in their face is way off the mark.

Some on here have only ever known criticising our team, managers, players, city, there's nothing ever constructive written, that is when you can decipher the fack it is they're trying to say, some enjoy being sad and revelling in their sea of shit.

I'm happy with my lot.

It's basics though Res - Tom Carroll ducks out of 50/50's. He deserves what he gets for that. You'll also find that the crowd had not turned until way after they scored. We actually started quite well, had good possession in decent areas, a couple of good corners sent in by Clucas too and the crowd were fully behind the team. Then we stopped playing, dropped off and they scored. The rest is history.
Our fans.. on 15:31 - Nov 5 with 1163 viewsdobjack2

Our fans.. on 14:02 - Nov 5 by whoflungdung

Dobs

Don't be slagging off the valleys min. I tried it but think I got away with it .

Drivel ..well, worse actually

A club that came from virtual nowhere to reach the top league now seemingly heading back as quick.

At least the true fans can watch games before long with their chums with nobody to bother them

They can slag off whatever fans they like ,fact remains ,we are not even a laughing stock right now but a warning to the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and the excellently led Huddersfield

He puts himself down, doesn’t need my help.

There are many that have seen the rise and then the fall through mismanagement off the pitch. The second coming was something that I never expected to see.

As we are punching above our financial backing our unique football point was our style of play and the way that we recruited managers and players that fitted that style. I used to laugh at teams that changed managers like the wind and switched their style of play with each one. Expensive buys became expensive individuals in a dysfunctional team. Meanwhile our smart recruitment meant we didn’t get into that mess.

Clearly things started changing at the end of Laudrup’s time in charge and the first season under Monk papered over the changes going on within the club and system.

From the appointment of Monk and an apparent change in our transfer policy things have steadily gone downhill. Our managerial appointments have lost us our style of play and our recruitment does not appear to fit any pattern.

Although I enjoy winding the res up from time to time he does make valid observations. There is no divine right to win games in any division. Points have to be earned on the pitch and to stay successful the work off the pitch has to be based on earning those points not making money.

At the top we lost sight of what was required for a club like ours to survive in this division.FFS when the shares were sold Jenkins bs admitted that he didn’t know who they had been sold to as it was a Delaware corporation.

Slowly but surely all the things that made us successful have been forgotten and decisions made based on making money.

Not getting transfer business done at the beginning of the window leads to a disrupted pre- season and often a slow start to the season itself. It also leads to not filling gaps in the squad.

But think of the wages you save by not paying the player for a few weeks and that you may be able to shave a little off the deal by hanging on.

Then repeat the managerial merry go round, poor recruitment plan and late window work each season. Only one way it will end up.

More and more fans can see what is going on and the end results on the pitch where the quality of play is dropping year on year. You will have some that have only seen success so they have been spoilt but others have seen it all before and perceive that everything good that got us here has been sacrificed for the Yankee dollar.

By the fans for the fans it may have been, but if the fans were ever equal then some were certainly more equal than the others.

Yes a warning to all other clubs - don’t forget why you were successful in the first place.
Our fans.. on 15:59 - Nov 5 with 1121 viewsBloodyhills

Our fans.. on 11:46 - Nov 5 by EU5Makaveli

Yes, completely respect your opinion. I do think that the toxic atmosphere is a big part of the problem though
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 11:47]

The toxic atmosphere certainly doesn't help the player's confidence.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Our fans.. on 16:06 - Nov 5 with 1102 viewsSwanjaxs

Our fans.. on 15:59 - Nov 5 by Bloodyhills

The toxic atmosphere certainly doesn't help the player's confidence.

Some would say the lack of effort by the players contributes largely to the toxic atmosphere 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Our fans.. on 16:13 - Nov 5 with 1088 viewsjojaca

A paying customer is entitled to show discontent when the entertainment is poor. This week my mate at the cinema walked out of a film after 15 mins and had a refund, shame you can't do that football matches.

Whoever paid £35 to watch the game yesterday deserves a shoulder to cry on. Paul Clement's style of football must be knocking off a minimum of 10,000 off our fan base.

We are so bad at the moment it has turned me off watching football altogether. Watching the darts instead of super Sunday.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 16:18]

Even when you know, you never know?

Our fans.. on 16:17 - Nov 5 with 1075 viewslonglostjack

Our fans.. on 15:31 - Nov 5 by dobjack2

He puts himself down, doesn’t need my help.

There are many that have seen the rise and then the fall through mismanagement off the pitch. The second coming was something that I never expected to see.

As we are punching above our financial backing our unique football point was our style of play and the way that we recruited managers and players that fitted that style. I used to laugh at teams that changed managers like the wind and switched their style of play with each one. Expensive buys became expensive individuals in a dysfunctional team. Meanwhile our smart recruitment meant we didn’t get into that mess.

Clearly things started changing at the end of Laudrup’s time in charge and the first season under Monk papered over the changes going on within the club and system.

From the appointment of Monk and an apparent change in our transfer policy things have steadily gone downhill. Our managerial appointments have lost us our style of play and our recruitment does not appear to fit any pattern.

Although I enjoy winding the res up from time to time he does make valid observations. There is no divine right to win games in any division. Points have to be earned on the pitch and to stay successful the work off the pitch has to be based on earning those points not making money.

At the top we lost sight of what was required for a club like ours to survive in this division.FFS when the shares were sold Jenkins bs admitted that he didn’t know who they had been sold to as it was a Delaware corporation.

Slowly but surely all the things that made us successful have been forgotten and decisions made based on making money.

Not getting transfer business done at the beginning of the window leads to a disrupted pre- season and often a slow start to the season itself. It also leads to not filling gaps in the squad.

But think of the wages you save by not paying the player for a few weeks and that you may be able to shave a little off the deal by hanging on.

Then repeat the managerial merry go round, poor recruitment plan and late window work each season. Only one way it will end up.

More and more fans can see what is going on and the end results on the pitch where the quality of play is dropping year on year. You will have some that have only seen success so they have been spoilt but others have seen it all before and perceive that everything good that got us here has been sacrificed for the Yankee dollar.

By the fans for the fans it may have been, but if the fans were ever equal then some were certainly more equal than the others.

Yes a warning to all other clubs - don’t forget why you were successful in the first place.

Great post

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our fans.. on 16:20 - Nov 5 with 1057 viewswhoflungdung

Dobs.

A seriously good post

That, whilst some of our fans are ,right now, exchanging billious text on a city miles away from Swansea . It must be a release .

We all need a release from this ,come to think of it

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our fans.. on 16:23 - Nov 5 with 1049 viewsLeonWasGod

Our fans.. on 12:15 - Nov 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Good post.

Absolutely it helped Brighton. As someone else said Chris Hughton will have told them to not let us get into the game and then watch the crowd turn.

I don't think it helps, but the groans when someone misplaces an easy pass are instinctive and can be understood (we all do it). Singling out an individual though is vindictive. I don't buy the money excuse either. As you say they're still people, not machines. And it's not the fault of some of this lot that some plumb paid a fortune for them and thought they should be in the PL.

I've never booed one of our own. I can't see how it helps, but I can't criticise fans who do boo when it gets as bad as yesterday. People deal with their anger and frustrations in different ways. And that was a very, very poor performance.
Our fans.. on 16:25 - Nov 5 with 1037 viewsCroftyjack

Our fans.. on 07:53 - Nov 5 by SgorioFruit

I heard that on the radio too.
Which leaves me wondering what the solution is.
We cannot wait or rely on the individuals responsible to put this mess right.

Something should be organised from the fans now. It would be completely hopeless to ask the spineless trust for any help.

How did that pre march protest get on yesterday? More of that we need. Might not making one jot of difference but I applaud the effort and at least we go down fighting.

We are currently being screwed by money men and robbed of our identity.

I have a post already here about collective responsibility!!..it has to be realised first that everything is to blame and until the time that one single person realises this then all can work together to resolve the issues.
It would mean restructure which is why it wont happen and we will just paper over it with a new manager!
Our fans.. on 16:34 - Nov 5 with 1007 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans.. on 15:02 - Nov 5 by Jack11

It's basics though Res - Tom Carroll ducks out of 50/50's. He deserves what he gets for that. You'll also find that the crowd had not turned until way after they scored. We actually started quite well, had good possession in decent areas, a couple of good corners sent in by Clucas too and the crowd were fully behind the team. Then we stopped playing, dropped off and they scored. The rest is history.

That isn't true I'mafraid. Carroll got it on 12 minutes. And his crime? Passing backwards while keeping possession.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024