Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301169 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:59 - Jul 18 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:52 - Jul 18 by bluey_the_blue

Using an utterly unrelated bill like this is, imo, an abuse - and if it was a bill about Scotland rather than Ni Ireland, SNP would be up in arms.

Institute for Government think otherwise.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/new-prime-minister-intent-no-deal

There’s time to bring him down. He now knows the numbers aren’t there. Looks like ten ministers who defied the whip.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:59 - Jul 18 with 1545 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:12 - Jul 18 by bluey_the_blue

"The SNP’s Gavin Newlands says the default assumption, if parliament is deadlocked, should be revoking article 50, not proroguing parliament to allow a no-deal Brexit to happen. He says the fact that Boris Johnson won’t rule out prorogation shows he is not fit for office."

SNP MP wants to conveniently forget what default position for leaving is.

Parliament probably don’t have the balls to revoke 🎱 🎾 🏀

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:01 - Jul 18 with 1536 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:53 - Jul 18 by exiledclaseboy

Abuse of parliament by parliament using parliament to make sure parliament cannot he bypassed into accepting something that parliament doesn’t have a majority for

Righty dokey then.

I call it an abuse by tacking it onto an otherwise unrelated bill; an amendment allowed by Bercow substantively the same as the one rejected last week by his deputy.

Isn't it also all moot if Stormont restarts?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:04 - Jul 18 with 1528 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:59 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

There’s time to bring him down. He now knows the numbers aren’t there. Looks like ten ministers who defied the whip.

Yup, looks that way.

Then again, these days never rule anything out..
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:07 - Jul 18 with 1520 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:01 - Jul 18 by bluey_the_blue

I call it an abuse by tacking it onto an otherwise unrelated bill; an amendment allowed by Bercow substantively the same as the one rejected last week by his deputy.

Isn't it also all moot if Stormont restarts?

Yeah. Sinn Fein will definitely allow the DUP to use Stormont to satisfy their objective of pushing a division through Ireland.

An abuse is attempting to suspend parliament to force through something parliament doesn’t want. In this case, Parliament did want it, which is why the government were defeated. It’s not hard.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:10 - Jul 18 with 1511 viewswaynekerr55

Let's cut to the crux of the matter. Our constitution states that MPs first service is for the country, the the constituents. In what way is this not in the best interest of the country?

And before the usual "democracy" bollocks, how is 52 - 48 resounding for our vote, yet the new EU lady's appointment with the same mandate is an affront to democracy?

I won't hold my breath.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:20 - Jul 18 with 1500 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:07 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Yeah. Sinn Fein will definitely allow the DUP to use Stormont to satisfy their objective of pushing a division through Ireland.

An abuse is attempting to suspend parliament to force through something parliament doesn’t want. In this case, Parliament did want it, which is why the government were defeated. It’s not hard.

I'm well aware of IRA "political" wing and DUP, was mentioning a point not urging for it or expecting it.

I agree with the point about suspending parliament - it's not something I agree with. My point is more about tacking amendments onto an unrelated bill, amendments rejected by deputy speaker last week yet allowed by Bercow this. It raises a massive can of worms.

MPs voted for Article 50 to be invoked, which had a leave date and a default position of leave with no deal. MPs blocking no deal didn't have such qualms at the time of the vote about Article 50.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:24 - Jul 18 with 1495 viewsBatterseajack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:20 - Jul 18 by bluey_the_blue

I'm well aware of IRA "political" wing and DUP, was mentioning a point not urging for it or expecting it.

I agree with the point about suspending parliament - it's not something I agree with. My point is more about tacking amendments onto an unrelated bill, amendments rejected by deputy speaker last week yet allowed by Bercow this. It raises a massive can of worms.

MPs voted for Article 50 to be invoked, which had a leave date and a default position of leave with no deal. MPs blocking no deal didn't have such qualms at the time of the vote about Article 50.

They were no doubt assured at the time that a deal was to be perused and every effort would be made to avoid no deal. This has now changed.
Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:29 - Jul 18 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

The bit about the speaker is incorrect.

There were two potential votes last week. One was not selected, one was. That’s why we have had the vote today after that came back from the Lords with the amendment. It doesn’t even slightly open a can of worms. Today was the second vote on this. The first passed last week. In anticipation of a Lords amendment which is exactly what happened. The first vote was the same day as you were crowing about the other one not being selected. Remember when you were told that Bercow was supremely unconcerned! This is why.

On a more general note, amendments haven’t been tacked on to an unrelated bill. The bill is about NI and the amendment forces parliament to sit for 5 days (I think it’s 5) to discuss it. Why is that unrelated?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:30 - Jul 18 with 1488 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:10 - Jul 18 by waynekerr55

Let's cut to the crux of the matter. Our constitution states that MPs first service is for the country, the the constituents. In what way is this not in the best interest of the country?

And before the usual "democracy" bollocks, how is 52 - 48 resounding for our vote, yet the new EU lady's appointment with the same mandate is an affront to democracy?

I won't hold my breath.

If they genuinely believe that brexit should be stopped they should revoke it. The reason they haven’t is because so many MPs are terrified of their own position being lost. So many sitting on the fence saying “I respect the result of the referendum but...”

This pretence we’ve had to endure the last three years.

Bunch of spineless cowards.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:36 - Jul 18 with 1481 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:24 - Jul 18 by Batterseajack

They were no doubt assured at the time that a deal was to be perused and every effort would be made to avoid no deal. This has now changed.

That's irrelevant.

"Right, so the invocation has a deadline and if a deal isn't agreed we leave under WTO rules? That sounds fine to me after all, there will be a deal."

"Hang on, no deal has been approved by parliament, when I agreed to invoke Article 50 with the default position of WTO rules I didn't really mean it..."

If Parliament wanted WTO rules to be off the tale, then they should not have approved an invocation where it was the default position. Those who voted to invoke but now block leaving under WTO rules are those paying lip service to the referendum result.

Taking leaving under WTO rules off the table is one of the dumbest negotiating tactics in the history of the world. You take nothing off the table in business deals. You tell the other party "well, we have to have a deal, see" then the only deal you will ever get will be a bad deal.

It's been a clusterfvck going back to Mastricht. Major so beholden to the EU vision the people were never asked if that was what they wanted. Cameron calling an election to fight off UKIP. Leadsom allowing May to go through unelected, having a Remainer in overall charge of leaving EU. May and Robbins calling the shots. Bercow running roughshod over his position, one he's already served past the time he said he would go.

End up Remaining, the invective then flies against Leavers complaining who must automatically be far right racists... Leave with no deal and the invective flies against the clear far right Leavers behind it. In the miracle situation a deal does get agreed, people will still whine about it on both sides.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:38 - Jul 18 with 1475 viewswaynekerr55

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:30 - Jul 18 by Highjack

If they genuinely believe that brexit should be stopped they should revoke it. The reason they haven’t is because so many MPs are terrified of their own position being lost. So many sitting on the fence saying “I respect the result of the referendum but...”

This pretence we’ve had to endure the last three years.

Bunch of spineless cowards.

You know what Highjack, the whole thing is a joke. All this bollocks about the EU making us do stuff is total cráp; the kippers example today is just a line of the lazy, inaccurate scapegoating that successive governments have used to justify decisions (see also freedom of movement and the Thameslink contract)

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:39 - Jul 18 with 1475 viewsHighjack

Just give up bluey. Remain is inevitable. Always was. We’ve been diddled.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:41 - Jul 18 with 1473 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:36 - Jul 18 by bluey_the_blue

That's irrelevant.

"Right, so the invocation has a deadline and if a deal isn't agreed we leave under WTO rules? That sounds fine to me after all, there will be a deal."

"Hang on, no deal has been approved by parliament, when I agreed to invoke Article 50 with the default position of WTO rules I didn't really mean it..."

If Parliament wanted WTO rules to be off the tale, then they should not have approved an invocation where it was the default position. Those who voted to invoke but now block leaving under WTO rules are those paying lip service to the referendum result.

Taking leaving under WTO rules off the table is one of the dumbest negotiating tactics in the history of the world. You take nothing off the table in business deals. You tell the other party "well, we have to have a deal, see" then the only deal you will ever get will be a bad deal.

It's been a clusterfvck going back to Mastricht. Major so beholden to the EU vision the people were never asked if that was what they wanted. Cameron calling an election to fight off UKIP. Leadsom allowing May to go through unelected, having a Remainer in overall charge of leaving EU. May and Robbins calling the shots. Bercow running roughshod over his position, one he's already served past the time he said he would go.

End up Remaining, the invective then flies against Leavers complaining who must automatically be far right racists... Leave with no deal and the invective flies against the clear far right Leavers behind it. In the miracle situation a deal does get agreed, people will still whine about it on both sides.

No deal hasn’t been approved by parliament. In fact it’s been specifically rejected by parliament on a number of occasions. The legislation authorising the government to invoke A50 makes no mention of no deal. Neither does the EU Withdrawal Act. Whenever Parliament has been asked to vote on whether we should leave the EU without a deal it’s said no. It’s the legal default because the legislation is framed in such a way as to only cater for the ratification process for the withdrawal agreement.

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:51 - Jul 18 with 1457 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:38 - Jul 18 by waynekerr55

You know what Highjack, the whole thing is a joke. All this bollocks about the EU making us do stuff is total cráp; the kippers example today is just a line of the lazy, inaccurate scapegoating that successive governments have used to justify decisions (see also freedom of movement and the Thameslink contract)

Are you saying we don’t have to fall in line with eu law?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:57 - Jul 18 with 1444 viewsBatterseajack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:51 - Jul 18 by Highjack

The kipper / ice block thing is UK law. Nothing to do with EU law.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:59 - Jul 18 with 1440 viewsBatterseajack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:36 - Jul 18 by bluey_the_blue

That's irrelevant.

Why have you completely ruled out extensions at the end of the A50 period?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:00 - Jul 18 with 1437 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:39 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Just give up bluey. Remain is inevitable. Always was. We’ve been diddled.

75 per cent of MPs are remainers, guess what happens next.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 1430 viewswaynekerr55

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:51 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Nope, but the fact that decisions made solely by the UK Government (such as awarding the Thameslink Rolling Stock contract to Siemens, allowing EU migrants to stay after 3 months despite not being able to fend for themselves) have been blamed on the EU shows this whole Brexit thing for what it is; a bunch of seedy, greedy bastards looking to line their own pockets.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 1430 viewsBatterseajack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:00 - Jul 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Bearing in mind these MPs should be more informed the public, Its truly shocking that the percentage of "remainers" is so low.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:03 - Jul 18 with 1424 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:00 - Jul 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yeah and at the 2017 election a lot had the bare faced cheek to campaign for leave manifestos. As soon as they got their nice warm seat and large salary and perks it was back to remain time.

They are utter scum.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:10 - Jul 18 with 1406 viewssherpajacob

Article 50 specifically mentions the option of an extension to the 2 year deadline.

MPs knew this when they voted to give power to TM to invoke. Note MPs did not specifically vote to trigger A50 themselves,, they voted to allow the PM to give notice.

Notwithstanding, this was all in the previous parliament, so does not bind the current one.

Theresa May cocked up big time. Although I do understand the gammonshire argument that they would rather incompetent English politicians making sh1te decisions than competent EU ones makes sensible ones.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:17 - Jul 18 with 1394 viewsHighjack

Open question to the floor: if there were a second referendum and leave won again where would we go from there?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:22 - Jul 18 with 1388 viewsWarwickHunt

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:17 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Open question to the floor: if there were a second referendum and leave won again where would we go from there?

Backwards.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:25 - Jul 18 with 1385 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:41 - Jul 18 by exiledclaseboy

No deal hasn’t been approved by parliament. In fact it’s been specifically rejected by parliament on a number of occasions. The legislation authorising the government to invoke A50 makes no mention of no deal. Neither does the EU Withdrawal Act. Whenever Parliament has been asked to vote on whether we should leave the EU without a deal it’s said no. It’s the legal default because the legislation is framed in such a way as to only cater for the ratification process for the withdrawal agreement.

Typo.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 15:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024